Sparky
Academy Player
Academy Player
Call Me: Rash

United Players you have met

9 years ago

Alright Reds, thought this might be a good one

has anybody ever met any of the players?

I am lucky to have met many, but please lets get the topic going

to start with the first player i met was Paul Mcgrath
the last player i met was Hargreaves about 2 months ago in the Trafford Centre

[center]"It will be a very emotional day for me, to play one last time at Old Trafford in front of our amazing fans. I am going to savour every moment and I hope the fans and Manchester United can also share in my special day.”

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
[/center]

t.d.
International Player
International Player

Re: United Players you have met

9 years ago

Clayton Blackmore 8-)
Break up the Union.

“Physics is to maths what sex is to masturbation.”
― Richard P. Feynman.

x(t) = Asin(ωt + φ)

Sparky
Academy Player
Academy Player

9 years ago

Clayton Blackmore 8-)

i met him so many times, at the cliff, at old trafford int he days where we could actually meet the players after the games!!!!

and even once at the hospital in 1993
[center]"It will be a very emotional day for me, to play one last time at Old Trafford in front of our amazing fans. I am going to savour every moment and I hope the fans and Manchester United can also share in my special day.”

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
[/center]

t.d.
International Player
International Player

9 years ago

I met him at a game in the welsh league. Nice fella too (Y) (Y)
Break up the Union.

“Physics is to maths what sex is to masturbation.”
― Richard P. Feynman.

x(t) = Asin(ωt + φ)

Sparky
Academy Player
Academy Player

9 years ago

I met him at a game in the welsh league. Nice fella too (Y) (Y)

very very nice fella, he sat in the waiting room in the hospital and spoke to me for hours it feels like

it was at Trafford General Hospital, his wife had hurt her wrist

I tell you who else was a nice fella too...KING ERIC (Y)

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
[/center]

MobileNanny
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Joanne

9 years ago

Paul McGuinness, in 1992. He was a Reserve player at the time. I'd just parked in the car park opposite the ground-it was for a FA Youth Cup match. It was pouring with rain and as I ran from my car, dodging the puddles, a voice shouted to me 'Hold on, come under here'. I stopped and accepted the invitation of going under his umbrella-when I looked up it was Paul McGuiness. He was lovely. Very chatty as we walked to the ground-but then he disappeared into the Players Entrance before I could thank him.
Besides that one I've met plenty for autographs in the past-but that's not the same as chatting with them.
Ooh, Mike Phelan once warned me that Choccie was about to run me over-and moved me out of his target! :lol: That must have been 1990/91. Bless him.
1966 was a great year for English football. Eric was born!

Sparky
Academy Player
Academy Player

9 years ago

i have met a many many more players then i have already mentioned but heres a story

in the season 95/96 when we beat leeds 1-0 KEANO GOAL SECOND HALF
RADEBE WAS SENT OFF

the following day, i was on my lunch hour at college and me and friends took a walk to a sandwich bar...who was sat inside.......KEANO

i had my ticket from the night before still in my wallet! and got him to sign in

he made my friend say please as well, because he did not say it

HAHA

KEANO - LEGEND ON AND OFF THE PITCH (Y)

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
[/center]

Short Back and Sides
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Call Me: Daddy

9 years ago

Eric Cantona - Whilst having a piss
Luke Steele - A few years ago when United u19s played Blackpool Mechanics.
Andy Cole - With my grandad in a pub in Manchester
Wayne Rooney - Behind me in a queue for Valhalla at Blackpool pleasure beach!!!! He was wearin a weird raincoat and a hat so was probably a bit disguised but i managed to get a few words out of him. :)
100% Top Red

United Red

9 years ago

Eric Cantona - Whilst having a piss
You met Eric Cantona whilst having a piss? i'm intrigued? :shock:

Short Back and Sides
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

9 years ago

OT 2001 I think it was. I was in the bogs having a slash and i thought i was on my own and i turned round and saw someone. As i was washing my hands i realised it was Eric. This was during the match when it was dead quiet, thats why i thought i was on my own.
100% Top Red

United Red

9 years ago

OT 2001 I think it was. I was in the bogs having a slash and i thought i was on my own and i turned round and saw someone. As i was washing my hands i realised it was Eric. This was during the match when it was dead quiet, thats why i thought i was on my own.
Did you get his autograph? after drying your hands of course! :P

Short Back and Sides
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

9 years ago

No i shook his hand said hi Eric and off he went. Starstruck i was. My grandad didnt believe. :?
100% Top Red

Dante
Referee
Referee

9 years ago

Did he wash his hands first?

Short Back and Sides
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

9 years ago

I dont know i didnt really look. I got my photo taken with Bobby Charlton as wel after the Inter friendly at OT in the summer :)
100% Top Red

Sparky
Academy Player
Academy Player

9 years ago

For the fans who are new to United and did not experience the good old days...

after the home matches, the players used to come out and walk to there cars and they would sign and sign and sign and take photographs with fans no matter how long it took

i experienced this for the first time in 1993
then after that i learnt the players did the same after training at the old Cliff training ground

then in about mid 90s they stopped it all which totally sucks, i want to take my son to meet his heroes in person and feel the moment i did when i first met my hero Sparky for instance, can still remember it was funny
his curly hair and his purple suit remain a great memory on a great evening for me as a red

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
[/center]

Sia
Supporter
Supporter

9 years ago

Not yet !

I had the chance to meet Park when Korea were coming here for a WC Qualifier. Only for Park to get injured and miss the match :cry:

btw, I may have the chance to meet Fletch this summer! Scotland will be coming here for a friendly match !

Ned
Academy Player
Academy Player

9 years ago

Got Giggys autograph when United played International Select!! :P

It was a number of years ago in Windsor Park and Giggs was injured at the time. United were beat...Kevin Pilkington was in nets i think
[center]In Love With Detail[/center]

decorativeed
Reserve
Reserve
Call Me: Tim

9 years ago

I used to bunk off school and go to the Cliff to watch the players train and get autographs (one day this led to me and my mate being in the video for that awful 1995 cup final song - the "rap" one), I met my favourite players at the time - Andrei, Eric, Choccy and the gaffer. I had a bit of a run-in with Keano as he kept my only pen after he'd signed me an autograph from his car. Needing the pen back to get more signatures I asked for it back as he started to deive away and with my hand still inside his vehicle, I had to physically wrestle it away from him! He was visibly annoyed, but I got it back and was able to pick up a few more before the end of the day. Feel a bit silly about that to this day...

I also met Wazza a couple of years ago when he came to do a signing at the shop I worked at. My floor was cordonned off so I didn't have to serve anyone for a couple of hours while Rooney signed DVDs and stuff for the fans. At the end of it I got one signed for myself and raised a chuckle from him when I asked if he could come back and do that every week. I was then asked by his PA to show him upstairs to the rap section so he could have a look at the CDs (after a few minutes of him and Coleen wandering confusedly around the classical section).

farmer john

9 years ago

lol- keano was probably planning on opening a second-hand pen shop when he retired

you foiled his mad plan

Lawman
Reserve
Reserve
Call Me: John

9 years ago

Feel sorry for todays fans, we used to meet the players all the time, getting off the coach or walking to the carpark

I always used to hang around one particular red jag that was parked there,

liz jomaa
International Player
International Player

9 years ago

:cry: :cry: :cry:

i've seen them coming off the bus to go into o.t. but thats as far as it goes :cry:

thinking of retiring in manchester and stalking our players :P 8-)

Short Back and Sides
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

9 years ago

i've seen them coming off the bus to go into o.t. but thats as far as it goes :cry:

I think Siti already thought of that :lol:
100% Top Red

ERRN
Trainee
Trainee
Call Me: Jennifer

9 years ago

I'll join you Liz....we'll be like Thelma and Louise on a mission for players!

We need a not convertible first!

liz jomaa
International Player
International Player

9 years ago

I'll join you Liz....we'll be like Thelma and Louise on a mission for players!

We need a not convertible first!

no problem jen but can we do it in the summer...a convertable and rain don't mix :P :P :lol:

oh and i want to be thelma :lol:

mikey
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Miguel

9 years ago

Ive met quite a few of the players.The funniest encounter that springs to mind was with David Beckham.I used to work at a place called Mayfield kennels which is on the bottom end of Agecroft road right near the cliff,it was a boarding kennels,a quarentine kennels,they sold puppies,and was a pet superstore,still is actually but now its got a daft name,dogs 4 u or some bollocks like that.I saw a handfull of players whilst I worked there at random times,but Becks used to come in every week to buy his dog food,I often wondered why he bought 6 x 2.5kg bags of dog food instead of the 15kg bag,its since emerged about his OCD so it makes sense now,he wouldnt want a big ugly sack of dog food messing up his cuboard!Anyway back to the funniest encounter,Me and my mate had watched only fools and horses,and its the episode where Rodney tells Trigger that his names not Dave,Trigger asks if your names Rodney how come everyone calls you Dave? For the rest of the day we were calling each other Dave.Part of our job that day was to do a stock take of all the stacks of dog food up in the rafters at the sides of the store,I did one side and my mate did the other,totally over looking the shop floor,all we could see was the rows of shelves below us,and each other of course on opposite sides of the building.We started shouting 'allright Dave?' In our best Trigger accent at each other,and cracking up laughing,there must of been about 50 'alright Daves' from all corners of the roof of the building,'coming for a brew Dave' was shouted,clambering down from the rafters,walking through the isle,we were greeted by a very paranoid,very red faced looking David Beckham.

.On a saturday that place used to be packed,Salford zoo I used to call it,something to do on a saturday afternoon.I was covering the till whilst Brenda had her break,I was serving a lady,suddenly she turned round and said in her best scolding voice "you'd best behave yourself" "I mean It",to a very red faced Nicky Butt,he tried to shun it off with a "I will" but she was pointing with fire in her eyes,he took of his cap and said with puppy eyes "I will" "you'd better mean it,I mean it Nicky".Turns out it was Giggsys mum.It was the week before Beckhams wedding,i can only imagine she was talking about that.

Ive got a story about horse shit and Eric Cantona.

Return to “United Legends & History”