Ajax in the Europa League Final.
Wednesday 24th May 2017, KO 19:45 BST.
Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Jurgen Klopp

1 year ago

Only Gotze came through their academy.

Klopp should also take credit for Aubemayang, Kagawa, Piszczek and Sven Bender too. Completely built that side.

Make football fabulous again!

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

1 year ago

Jurgen Flopp?
"Make America Great Again!"

Talking Vulture
Reserve
Reserve

1 year ago

remind me how he did in his last season at Dortmund?

Dante
Referee
Referee

1 year ago

Klopps record is 6th, 5th, 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd and 7th. And in that last season, they were 18th after 19 games, so actually had quite the finish to the season.

Despite the terrible domestic start, they still topped their Champions League group.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

9 months ago

I was really disappointed when Liverpool got Klopp because he was someone I had really wanted to come to United. I have to say at this point I am no longer disappointed. They have improved, but they are really hit and miss, they can look great one week and lose a easy game the next week. And Klopp is adamantly opposed to big transfers, he has been whinning about it all summer. Guaranteed if we had Klopp we would not have signed Pogba this summer, he would never spend that much.

Liverpool fans must have thought they scored the best manager in the league when they got Klopp, then Mourinho, Guardiola and Conte all come to England. I would put Pocchetino higher on the list of managers in England too, and at this point I think Koeman has proven more. It's pretty funny really, back to the end of the line Liverpool!

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

9 months ago

I was really disappointed when Liverpool got Klopp because he was someone I had really wanted to come to United. I have to say at this point I am no longer disappointed. They have improved, but they are really hit and miss, they can look great one week and lose a easy game the next week. And Klopp is adamantly opposed to big transfers, he has been whinning about it all summer. Guaranteed if we had Klopp we would not have signed Pogba this summer, he would never spend that much.

Liverpool fans must have thought they scored the best manager in the league when they got Klopp, then Mourinho, Guardiola and Conte all come to England. I would put Pocchetino higher on the list of managers in England too, and at this point I think Koeman has proven more. It's pretty funny really, back to the end of the line Liverpool!
I so hope thats true for Liverpool!

But I agree. Mou is a big manager (more so ego wise) especially having managed teams like Madrid and Inter and knows how to spend big and wants to spend and bring in big players and win now..Klopp jus doesnt seem the type. Seems like someone who thinks he can build a team iin time but we have seen that it doesnt always happen more than once especially in the financial climate we are in now in terms of football..Pool also has crappy players unlike Dortmund had.. :P
Bring Back Becks Image

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

9 months ago

Klopp's philosophy beats everyone, but the teams that spend big money on top players, ie Bayern. And in England that will put him in 4th at best, but there will be some serious competition for that this year.

Incidentally the strength of leagues seems cyclical, IMO, it looks like England is heading back to the top.

Dante
Referee
Referee

9 months ago

“Some progress at LFC, but they remind me of Newcastle 1995-96. Great going forward, all over the place going back.

“As I and the Geordies know all too well, that won’t win you leagues, and in Klopp they have invested in a man to deliver that, not just a smiling ‘everything will be okay tomorrow’ manager.”
It would get them second though, which is a hell of a lot more than they had last year.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

9 months ago

“Some progress at LFC, but they remind me of Newcastle 1995-96. Great going forward, all over the place going back.

“As I and the Geordies know all too well, that won’t win you leagues, and in Klopp they have invested in a man to deliver that, not just a smiling ‘everything will be okay tomorrow’ manager.”
It would get them second though, which is a hell of a lot more than they had last year.

I think Klopp to come good eventually, not that I hope that will happen.
"In my culture, that is considered a dick move." - Birdperson

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

9 months ago

I never really felt that Klopp breed any loyalty with his players; as soon as they had some success they jump at the chance to move on. Also as soon as Dortmund start loosing games the player where not willing to continue playing at the high level Klopp required. I think (hope) the same will happens at LFC, a few losses and the players stop giving 100% and then the emotional side line will get old real quick and he will hear it from the fans.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

9 months ago

I think Klopp to come good eventually, not that I hope that will happen.
In Germany he eventually got figured out. And now Guardioila is in England, along with the rest of the best managers in the game, I think he might struggle.

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Call Me: Ste

9 months ago

I think Klopp could win Liverpool the league in about 5 years (if they can be that patient).

The City and United managers wont be here for that long, Wenger will be gone. Chelsea? It depends what mood mad Roman is in!

I think he can offer some top level continuity and his undoubted management abilities, combined with the global popularity of the Liverpool brand which could still attract world class players and the fact that the owners arent leeching off the club, all points to long term success. But no one can wait for success now so if he dosent win a couple of trophies at least in the next 3 years he may be gone too...(let's hope Im right about that) :D
My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

9 months ago

I think Klopp could win Liverpool the league in about 5 years (if they can be that patient).

The City and United managers wont be here for that long, Wenger will be gone. Chelsea? It depends what mood mad Roman is in!

I think he can offer some top level continuity and his undoubted management abilities, combined with the global popularity of the Liverpool brand which could still attract world class players and the fact that the owners arent leeching off the club, all points to long term success. But no one can wait for success now so if he dosent win a couple of trophies at least in the next 3 years he may be gone too...(let's hope Im right about that) :D
Well Liverpool are positioning themselves for a takeover by some rich Chinese people. It will be interesting to see if Klopp sticks to his principles when they start wanting to buy up all the best players in the world. And if he doesn't, will they stick with him?

As a side note, I am get the impression that Roman is starting to lose interest. Their squad has really deteriorated in the last few years and they aren't making big moves this summer.

Return to “General Football”