Next Match: Image
West Bromwich Albion in the Premier League.
Saturday 1st April 2017, KO 15:00 BST.
ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

Re: Jurgen Klopp

1 year ago

The style of play that Klopp favors is very similar to Marcelo Bielsa, very exciting and entertaining for the fans but his (Bielsa) teams tend to tire to as teh season goes on. Klopp extends the high tempo pressure to defense more than Bielsa and he will close out a game defensively which help his teams.

I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

DaveMart
International Player
International Player

1 year ago

The style of play that Klopp favors is very similar to Marcelo Bielsa, very exciting and entertaining for the fans but his (Bielsa) teams tend to tire to as teh season goes on. Klopp extends the high tempo pressure to defense more than Bielsa and he will close out a game defensively which help his teams.
Liverpool were fantastic to watch against City last night, and for the first time I have an idea of how Klopp intends to manage the energy of his teams with geggenpressen.

Dropping back for quite long periods into a solid defence and rationing the high upfield pressing does the trick.

Great football.

I hope LVG was watching.

With Chris Smalling we now have the defence to allow for a high upfield press.

RED3bution
Reserve
Reserve

1 year ago

All quiet here today....
"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

ivandaman
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Da-Man-Ivan

1 year ago

I didn't watch the game, but happy that they lost..
To Be A Man UNITED Supporter IS NOT A Right! .... It is a Privilege.

RED3bution
Reserve
Reserve

1 year ago

People talking up a "Klopp effect". What is that? Is it the same as new manager effect or is there a signature effect to the man?
It's funny in his first interview he talked about emotional football and how a balance needs to be had with that. Pretty soon we will all know how far he can take this Liverpool team. It's not his team yet per se (less pressure) but you wouldn't know that with the way people are now talking about him and Liverpool.
"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

Dante
Referee
Referee

1 year ago

The Klopp effect involves people around him becoming well groomed and fashionably dressed, as well as results improving.

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

1 year ago

I just hold on to the fact that he was able to do dismally with players like Rues, Gotze, Lewandowski and the like, in his side

This Pool team is nowhere near that and so I'm hoping he fails miserably
Bring Back Becks Image

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Call Me: Ste

1 year ago

Interesting definition of the word "dismally" :?
My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

Matt
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Call Me: Matthew

1 year ago

He did brilliantly with Lewandowski in the team. The year after was bad.
You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.

ivandaman
International Player
International Player

1 year ago

Klop may "flop" at Liverpool, but what a great character he is? Passionate, loves the game almost always on his feet. Acknowledged the fans at the end. He seems to live for the game and puts his heart and soul in to it. His style and tactics are also very exiting.

If Liverpool stick with him and backs him up financially and let him bring his own players he'd do very well for them I'm afraid.

Really wish we got him instead of the grumpy old man, but obviously that is not going to happen.

P.S. what a nasty injury to Lovren :shock: .. Looked horrible and he was in a lot of pain. Hopefully he'll fully recover.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

1 year ago

Klop may "flop" at Liverpool, but what a great character he is? Passionate, loves the game almost always on his feet. Acknowledged the fans at the end. He seems to live for the game and puts his heart and soul in to it. His style and tactics are also very exiting.

If Liverpool stick with him and backs him up financially and let him bring his own players he'd do very well for them I'm afraid.

Really wish we got him instead of the grumpy old man, but obviously that is not going to happen.

P.S. what a nasty injury to Lovren :shock: .. Looked horrible and he was in a lot of pain. Hopefully he'll fully recover.
While I found the celebrations at the end with the fans cringeworthy, I can see why some like it and it happens often in Germany. Just dont do it after a shit result

Secondly, and more important, celebrating the goal by jumping in front of the opposition bench and rubbing it in the faces is embarrassing behaviour, and snubbing a handshake after a game with the opposition manager is petty and Mourinho like. Id hate to see a United manager do either of those 2 things

However too early to judge him by results or anything, but liverpool do look a little better and that theyre responding to him
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

Dante
Referee
Referee

1 year ago

That will likely benefit Liverpool though.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

1 year ago

So far his record is the exact same as Rodgers was when he got the sack. And cheering like you won the league when you tied West Brom is embarrassing.
"Make America Great Again!"

ivandaman
International Player
International Player

1 year ago

. And cheering like you won the league when you tied West Brom is embarrassing.
I do get that and agree somewhat, but it's the lesser of the two evils and I'd prefer this than someone who looks like he's either clueless or doesn't give a shit.

At least Klop cares and gives a shit. It's a good early sign for any manager, regardless of what may or may not happen in the future.

Actually if you ask me, I'd like Klop to flop so he can come over here... Long shot I know, but stranger things have happen in the past.

Dante
Referee
Referee

1 year ago

And cheering like you won the league when you tied West Brom is embarrassing.
He was cheering the crowd for the atmosphere they produced, not the result.

RED3bution
Reserve
Reserve

1 year ago

To all the Kloppites, how is Mr entertainment doing? Grass.... always.... somebody.... else's.... field.... not!

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

1 year ago

He hasn't even had a transfer window yet. Hasn't signed a single player yet.

pls m8
Make football fabulous again!

RED3bution
Reserve
Reserve

1 year ago

That wasn't my point though. People weren't talking about if he had the right ingredient. His signing was greeted with a messianic fervor for which I inquired into.
We'll agree he hasn't had a full transfer window or shall we say proper transfer window. We are in January mate....

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

1 year ago

I thought he would do better than he has done so far tbh. Give it a year and see what happens.

There have been glimpses of change just not enough, imo.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

1 year ago

pls m8
To be fair, hes signed Caulker and playing him upfront
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

Matt
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Call Me: Matthew

1 year ago

Pretty surprised by how it's going to be honest
You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.

Dante
Referee
Referee

1 year ago

pls m8
To be fair, hes signed Caulker and playing him upfront
That actually makes sense though. He's defensive cover, so unlikely to start, but he's also a big bastard who can head the ball. If you're chasing the game, there are worse options.

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

1 year ago

I honestly thought he was going to transofrm them with the players they have - I am also very surprised at how its going...maybe he is only as good as Reus, Gotze, Gundagun, Lewandowski, Hummels and co take them away and.....?
Bring Back Becks Image

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

1 year ago

I honestly thought he was going to transofrm them with the players they have - I am also very surprised at how its going...maybe he is only as good as Reus, Gotze, Gundagun, Lewandowski, Hummels and co take them away and.....?
And who signed these players?

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

1 year ago

I honestly thought he was going to transform them with the players they have - I am also very surprised at how its going...maybe he is only as good as Reus, Gotze, Gundagun, Lewandowski, Hummels and co take them away and.....?
And who signed these players?

I see your point and maybe with a transfer window he may do better . Its funny to be able to say that Pool is so shit right now, not even Klopp can do anything

Did he sign all those players? Were they not youth?
Bring Back Becks Image

Return to “General Football”