Carrick 5 Gerrard 0
Supporter
Supporter

Transfers...

8 months ago

...some surprising deals being happening today:
Wilshere to Bournemouth - Good deal for both parties
Bony to Stoke - Could be one of the signings of the window
Sissoko to Spurs for 30mill, where are they gonna play all their midfielders?!
Luiz back at Chelsea for 32mill...most surprising one so far
Will Keane to Hull - Hope he makes us regret letting him go for 1mill

Carrick 5 Gerrard 0
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Transfers...

8 months ago

Slimani to Leicester for 28mill, not seen much of him? Anyone wanna add some commentary?

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

8 months ago

James weir to Hull too
"In my culture, that is considered a dick move." - Birdperson

Short Back and Sides
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Call Me: Daddy

8 months ago

Yet again we sell youngster off way too cheap. Will Keane should have gone for at least 4 or 5 million.

Wilshere to Bournemouth is the most interesting one tbh. He's another of those who has decent potential but has never got anywhere near it and now needs gametime and a bit of luck with injuries. Good move for all concerned tbh.
Spurs yet again making average signings. I've got a mate whos a massive Yid and he always claims they have a squad good enough to win the league. My argument is they always have a decent squad but they never have any true top class players. I can't think of one player, Bale aside, from the last 10/15 years who would interest most top European clubs if they were to become available. And again they've shown that by signing Sissoko to go with Wanyama and Vincent Janssen.
They have potential to gel etc and tbh Janssen really could be a decent signing but they just lack that cutting edge fear factor player. Whereas we've just signed one of the best strikers from the last 10 years and arguably the best centre mid in the world
100% Top Red

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

8 months ago

Yet again we sell youngster off way too cheap. Will Keane should have gone for at least 4 or 5 million.

Wilshere to Bournemouth is the most interesting one tbh. He's another of those who has decent potential but has never got anywhere near it and now needs gametime and a bit of luck with injuries. Good move for all concerned tbh.
Spurs yet again making average signings. I've got a mate whos a massive Yid and he always claims they have a squad good enough to win the league. My argument is they always have a decent squad but they never have any true top class players. I can't think of one player, Bale aside, from the last 10/15 years who would interest most top European clubs if they were to become available. And again they've shown that by signing Sissoko to go with Wanyama and Vincent Janssen.
They have potential to gel etc and tbh Janssen really could be a decent signing but they just lack that cutting edge fear factor player. Whereas we've just signed one of the best strikers from the last 10 years and arguably the best centre mid in the world

For me it is better for the youngster that the club willing to sell at a lower price to the right club than to the highest bidder. Will Keane and James Weir got great review, I'm surprise they are sold tbh. I'm sure Phelan can help them a lot.

Short Back and Sides
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Re: RE: Re: Transfers...

8 months ago

For me it is better for the youngster that the club willing to sell at a lower price to the right club than to the highest bidder. Will Keane and James Weir got great review, I'm surprise they are sold tbh.
I get that it's good for the players but surely if a club wants them enough they will be willing to spend their worth rather than a huge cut price. Any old two bob team could come along and offer peanuts. I'd rather go to a team that I know is willing to spend money on me as I know I am likely to play if they are throwing a wedge out to sign me.
100% Top Red

Glorio
International Player
International Player

8 months ago

^^Regarding Spurs, surely Modric has to fall into the category of being wanted by most big teams.
There is only one GOLDEN BOY

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

8 months ago

^^Regarding Spurs, surely Modric has to fall into the category of being wanted by most big teams.
Berbatov was decent and wanted by many clubs, but I get the point on how Spurs do their business. They put me in mind of Newcastle during the Kegan era always looking for the diamond in the ruff or the star just pasted their sell by date. I also get the feeling that all their purchases are viewed with the idea of how much they can be sold for if they turn out good.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

8 months ago

Modric was fornicate incredible, and is even better now
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Transfers...

7 months ago

For me it is better for the youngster that the club willing to sell at a lower price to the right club than to the highest bidder. Will Keane and James Weir got great review, I'm surprise they are sold tbh.
I get that it's good for the players but surely if a club wants them enough they will be willing to spend their worth rather than a huge cut price. Any old two bob team could come along and offer peanuts. I'd rather go to a team that I know is willing to spend money on me as I know I am likely to play if they are throwing a wedge out to sign me.
A few reports saying Chelsea is interested to buy M.Keane for 25 millions. Someone is getting sack if that happens

Short Back and Sides
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

7 months ago

Michael Keane never got a chance here. I didn't see much of him before we sold him but going off how he McNair and Blackett have performed since leaving, he should have got his chance ahead of the other 2.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
100% Top Red

SUBXERO
First Team Player
First Team Player
Call Me: Max

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Transfers...

7 months ago

A few reports saying Chelsea is interested to buy M.Keane for 25 millions. Someone is getting sack if that happens
Who do you mean? The main culprit got already the boot.
UNITED > ENGLAND

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Transfers...

7 months ago

You meant LVG?

SUBXERO
First Team Player
First Team Player
Call Me: Max

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Transfers...

7 months ago

You meant LVG?
Who else? Scouse Ed?
UNITED > ENGLAND

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Transfers...

7 months ago

Who else? Scouse Ed?
No idea. I'm just saying in general. Someone else must be involved.

Return to “General Football”