Glorio
International Player
International Player

Chapecoense tragedy

5 months ago

A bit surprised this thread hasn't been opened already. Especially considering how close to home it hits.

My condolences to their families, friends, and the club. These things put life in perspective. In the words of Messi (in a completely unrelated discussion), there are far more important things in life than winning a football game or scoring a goal

There is only one GOLDEN BOY

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Re: Chapecoense tragedy

5 months ago

You right, it is close to home. I cant imagine what it must feel like to the fans and more so to the family and friends. My condolences are also with them

When I first saw the news, they state that "A plane carrying 81 people, including 22 members of the Brazilian team, crashed en route to Medellin airport on Monday night. Police say 76 people were killed and five survived."

I kept on reading it as though members of the Brazilian National team was on board :? I was looking for who they were and then it only hit me this morning
Bring Back Becks Image

Giants14
International Player
International Player

5 months ago

Heartbreaking.
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

Short Back and Sides
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Call Me: Daddy

5 months ago

Certainly does hit close to home. Horrible thing to happen. Certainly does make you realise that football is just a game
100% Top Red

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Max

5 months ago

To me, it doesn't matter who's sat in. Grande Torino, Busby Babes, Zambia, Chapecoense, whoever. We're all human beings and this is a human tragedy. My feelings are with all the families and close ones involved as much as they are each time such disaster occurs. Peace!
UNITED > ENGLAND

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

5 months ago

This is horrible. RIP
"In my culture, that is considered a dick move." - Birdperson

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Call Me: Ste

5 months ago

Made my stomach churn when I heard about this (f)
My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

5 months ago

To me, it doesn't matter who's sat in. Grande Torino, Busby Babes, Zambia, Chapecoense, whoever. We're all human beings and this is a human tragedy. My feelings are with all the families and close ones involved as much as they are each time such disaster occurs. Peace!
Thank you for remembering that great Zambian team, all the tributes this week includes the others yet somehow they always seem to be forgotten. Its really sad because what they achieved was a miracle

What a horrible tragedy this was, increasingly so with it looking more and more like avoidable negligence
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

Otis
Reserve
Reserve

5 months ago

A terrible tragedy made more heartbreaking by the players happy faces on board before the plane took off.

There was a memorial service at their ground today and each coffin was given a guard of honour onto the pitch.
I really hope we shared their sorrow by having a representative from the club at this service.
If you walk with Jesus,He's gonna save your soul.You gotta keep the Devil way down in the hole.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

5 months ago

"In my culture, that is considered a dick move." - Birdperson

Return to “General Football”