Next Match: Image
Leicester City in the Premier League.
Saturday 26th August 2017, KO 17:30 BST.
Short Back and Sides
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Call Me: Daddy

Chelsea and City fined after little bit of a tiff

Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:57 pm

Chelsea have been fined £100,000 and Manchester City must pay £35,000 after players from both teams clashed during their Premier League meeting at Etihad Stadium earlier this month.

Tempers flared at the end of Chelsea's 3-1 win, after City's Sergio Aguero was sent off for a tackle on David Luiz.

Aguero's team-mate Fernandinho was also dismissed, after grabbing Cesc Fabregas as the two teams confronted each other.

Chelsea had previously been warned they could face a points deduction.

The Premier League leaders have been fined six times since February 2015 for failing to control their players.

After the Blues were fined a record £375,000 - reduced to £290,000 on appeal - in the wake of an ill-tempered meeting with Tottenham in May, the Football Association appeal board warned "the time cannot be too far distant when... the only proper sanction is a points deduction".

However, manager Antonio Conte laughed off the possibility of a points deduction on Sunday, asking reporters if they were joking when asked if he thought the incident could harm the club's league standing.

The last top-flight teams to be docked points for disciplinary issues were Manchester United and Arsenal, in the wake of a brawl at Old Trafford in October 1990.

The thing that bugs me about these are the pitiful amounts clubs have to pay in fines. Both sides wouldn't miss a few million quid. Fine them according to their wealth imo. Imagine what the FA could do with 5 million quid in fines because two clubs had a bit of handbags. Imagine how many grassroots clubs would benefit from it

100% Top Red

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

Re: Chelsea and City fined after little bit of a tiff

Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:34 pm

Money mean little or nothing to the Billioniare Boyz Club. Start hitting them with points debuctions and they will get the message.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:20 am

I'll make them play in empty stadium for few games. That will hurt.
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Re: RE: Re: Chelsea and City fined after little bit of a tiff

Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:21 am

Money mean little or nothing to the Billioniare Boyz Club. Start hitting them with points debuctions and they will get the message.
Repeat offender then I agree.
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Call Me: Ste

Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:28 pm

I just dont agree in principle with points deductions. Titles should be won and lost on the pitch not at FA HQ.

I agree with Ste..massive fines or maybe (for consistent and recidivist offences) threat of bans from Euro competitions [which again affects income and prestige!]
My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

Carrick 5 Gerrard 0
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:35 pm

Something should be done but I don't think point deductions are the way to go, playing behind closed doors, banning every player involved by 1 game, the FA need to have a think cause fines don't work.

Return to “General Football”