Next Match: Image
Leicester City in the Premier League.
Saturday 26th August 2017, KO 17:30 BST.
redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

congratulations to Blackpool-It couldn't happen to us

Tue May 30, 2017 9:56 am

At the risk of waking up Ole with a dose of reality i offer my congratulations to the Blackpool players and supporters alike :laugh: :laugh:

Blackpool,as you are probably aware,won the play off game against Exeter over the weekend
I went to Blackpool over the weekend thinking the town might be empty however there were almost no Blackpool fans had travelled
Having read the papers the next day i discovered that out of an attendance of 35.000 less than 5000 were Blackpool fans
Of those less than 5000 a significant portion bought tickets in the Exeter end in the hope that Exeter would keep the gate money in that end
Many others had wrested with their conscious about whether to travel or not
The fans are boycotting every game as the club owners the Oyston family have legally nicked aka diverted through dividends almost every cent that Blackpool earn(now where have i heard that before)
I know it couldn't happen to United as many of you lot tell me it couldn't and it bores you to hear anything else but that but as was pointed out to me Blackpools manager had recently been the manager of Blackburn Rovers who have also had the money legally nicked by overseas owners by the sale of anything with 2 legs that has a value
The Blackburn fans are also boycotting the club
I don't know why as there is nothing they can do so they just roll over like Ole and accept it

It is not long ago since Blackburn were Premier League champions having beaten United into second place
I struggle to put this thought out of my mind but i will keep on trying

The last time these two teams met in the Premier League was as recently as 2011.
Now they will meet in the 3rd tier next season due to Blackpool's massive success

Thank goodness it couldn't happen to us eh Ole

I applaud the Blackpool fans for their morals :clap: :clap:

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Re: congratulations to Blackpool-It couldn't happen to us

Tue May 30, 2017 3:08 pm

'grats to the 'pool
Make football fabulous again!

Return to “General Football”