Hi folks. This game is a "perk" we had for Supporters but it was agreed to open it up to everyone this year. However Im putting a max of 12 players in for this season because if too many play filling out your squad of 14 becomes a problem!
The rules are fairly similar to most FF games but with a few little tweaks and the busiest part is before the season even starts
, with "player drafts" and "sealed bids" to build up your own teams squad. So if you cant commit to the game over the next week or so, please dont sign up.
First thing to say is you need to get organised, with a spreadsheet or at least pen & paper, to keep track of your buys/bids and money spent, as there are grave penalties for spending too much money or not having a full squad at the end of the auction!
RULES - LONG VERSION
(1) YOU HAVE A KITTY OF £100m AND YOU MUST SELECT A SQUAD OF 14 PLAYERS WHICH MUST CONSIST OF :
1 “TEAM” KEEPER (e.g. you pick "United Keepers" rather than just "de Gea")
(2) YOUR TEAM (Starting XI) MUST CONSIST OF A 4-4-2 FORMATION AND THEREFORE THERE IS ONE "RESERVE" PLAYER FOR EACH POSITION (you don’t need a reserve keeper as you buy a team’s squad of keepers so whoever plays for your team automatically plays in your fantasy team)
(3) INJURED, SUSPENDED OR OTHERWISE NOT SELECTED 'FIRST-TEAM' PLAYERS WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE REPLACED BY YOUR 'RESERVE' PLAYER FOR THAT POSITION.
(4) 12 TRANSFERS ARE AVAILABLE DURING THE SEASON AND AFTER THE INITIAL PLAYER AUCTION THERE WILL BE 5-6 "TRANSFER WINDOWS" (dates to follow). IT'S IMPORTANT THEREFORE TO PICK YOUR SQUAD
WISELY AND USE YOUR TRANSFERS SPARINGLY AS ONCE THEY ARE USED NO FURTHER TRANSFERS WILL BE ALLOWED!
(5) POINTS ARE AWARDED AS FOLLOWS:-
2pts ANY PLAYER STARTING A GAME AND PLAYING AT LEAST 45 mins.
1pt ANY PLAYER MAKING AN APPEARANCE OF ANY OTHER KIND
4pts A GOAL SCORED BY A FORWARD
5pts A GOAL SCORED BY AN ATTACKING MIDFIELDER (AM)
6pts A GOAL SCORED BY A MIDFIELDER
10pts A GOAL SCORED BY A DEFENDER/KEEPER
2pts AN ASSIST
4pts AN ASSIST BY A DEFENDER/KEEPER
4pts CLEAN-SHEET FOR A DEFENDER/KEEPER (must start and play 75mins +)
3pts BONUS POINTS FOR A HAT-TRICK
-1pt EACH GOAL CONCEDED BY A DEFENDER/KEEPER
-2pts A PLAYER SCORING AN OWN-GOAL
-6pts A PLAYER SENT OFF
1pt GOALKEEPER SAVING A PENALTY (saved, but not off-target misses)
-1pt PLAYER MISSING A PENALTY (saved or off-target)
(6a) DEFINITION OF AN ASSIST - ANY TOUCH (NO MATTER HOW SMALL) BY A TEAMMATE IMMEDIATELY PRIOR TO THE SCORER SCORING.
(6b) DEFINTION OF A GOAL/OWN GOAL- A DEFLECTED SHOT THAT WAS ON TARGET BEFORE DEFLECTION IS A GOAL.
A SHOT OFF-TARGET THAT’S DEFLECTED IN IS AN OWN GOAL, WITH AN ASSIST TO THE SHOOTER.
[RULES 6a and 6b ARE BASED ON MY JUDGMENT REGARDLESS OF ANY ‘OFFICIAL’ RULING BY PL/FA etc.]
(7) YOU CAN SELL/BUY PLAYERS DURING THE TRANSFER WINDOWS. THIS IS ALSO WHEN YOU CAN MAKE CHANGES TO YOUR STARTING XI. YOU CAN ARRANGE DEALS WITH OTHER MANAGERS, OR YOU CAN SELL A PLAYER BACK TO "THE BANK" FOR 3/4 OF WHAT YOU PAID FOR HIM.
THERE IS ALSO A CUP COMPETITION WHICH SHADOWS REAL F.A. CUP TIES BASED ON THE WHOLE OF YOUR SQUADS PERFORMANC
E IN THOSE GAMES, AS OPPOSED TO YOUR STARTING XI, SO BE SURE TO PICK A WELL-BALANCED SQUAD OF 14 IF YOU WANT TO PROGRESS IN THE CUP.
ASSIGNING PLAYERS – THE DRAFT
We will be using a draft to select the first 4 players in everyone’s squad.There is a separate thread explaining how the draft works for those unfamiliar with draft systems. This needs to take place on a date when as many competing managers as possible can be around at the same time The plan at present is for it to take place around 10pm-ish on SATURDAY 6 AUGUST (speak now if this is bad for you!!! As a last resort you can leave an ordinal lists of bid preferences with me but please try to be here yourself!)
For transfer value purposes, each of your 4 draft picks will cost you nothing but will have a nominal value of £10m if you sell him (i.e. you would get £8m in your kitty when you sell him to the bank)
At this stage you can "buy" ANY other PL player, not already taken in the draft, by making a “sealed bid”. This is just a PM to me stating player wanted and how much of your remaining funds you want to bid for him (you will still have £100m at this stage as Draft players are 'free'). Your PM should contain the Players Name in the title and the text only needs to tell me the value of your sealed bid for him.
WARNING: Please ensure that you do NOT exceed your overall budget of £100m for your squad!! I will be keeping a check on how much each manager has spent on his squad but remember you MUST have 14 players or your squad will be invalid; so if for example you only have 9 players at the end of the Player Auction you must make sure your total bid on those 9 players does not exceed £90m, as you will need £10m in reserve to buy your 5 "make up numbers" players at £2m each at the final "TOP-UP" stage (see below).
You should be keeping some sort of record on how much you have spent after each time you make a bid.
There are no other limitations on who you can or cant buy other than the £100m limit. You can blow nearly all your money on 2-3 massive signings and have lots of “make up the numbers” players at the end @ £2m each. A more pragmatic approach would be to aim to spend around £8m on each player and have a very balanced squad. A course somewhere between those 2 extremes is probably the way to go but that is where your own strategy comes into play.
Plan at present is for the window for Sealed Bids to close at 10pm on TUESDAY 9th AUGUST.
At this stage any players still not bought will remain in the "player pool" and will be available at £2m as “top up” signings. In case of multiple £2m bids for the same player, I will analyse each manager’s squad and then rank them by priority, so that (what I consider) weaker squads will get preference in this section.
You need to PM me the names of the players you are interested in and I will let you know asap if you are successful or not.
THis whole process must end by 10pm THURSDAY 11th August.
PENALTIES and FORFEITS
1) (Remembering that you must make up your squad of 14 players out of the £100m and the minimum price for any player is £2m) any manager who at the end of the auction exceeds the budget will have a player of my choosing removed from his/her squad at least equal to the value of the excess. He will then have to be replaced by another player from the "player pool" for £2m. A 10 point penalty will also be imposed for each £m over-budget.
e.g - if at the end of the auction you’ve spent £105m on 12 players, to make up your squad to 14 you would need 2 more "pool players" (£4m) = total spend of £109m. I would then remove from your squad a player of at least £9m value and you will be penalised -90 points
2) If a manager has more than 1 keeper, 5 defenders, 5 midfield or 3 forwards in his squad, a player of my choosing relating to that position will be removed from his/her squad. A 10 point penalty will also be imposed for EACH such infringement.
e.g - if due to overbidding for forwards you end up with 4 of them, I will remove one (without compensation) and you will be deducted 10 points
In the game I distinguish between Midfielders and Attacking Midfielders [AM] (this is usually a controversial subject) you will note that a Midfielder gets more points for a goal than an AM. WIth fewer teams using 4-4-2 now and 4-2-3-1 formations being more common there needed to be a distinction between deeper lying traditional mids and the new half-forward mids. SO here is a far from definitive list of some players in each category
Kevin De Bruyne
IF YOU WANT TO PLAY CAN YOU PLEASE REGISTER YOUR INTEREST BY POSTING HERE...JUST SAY "SIGN ME UP" OR "COUNT ME IN" ETC.
ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT ANYTHING JUST ASK IN HERE OR PM ME - BUT DONT LEAVE IT TILL THE LAST MINITE PLEASE!! (if I am not around ask Ole, Dante, Sandies or any of the Refs as they are all familiar with the game too and the rules havent changed much over the years).
My old man said be a City fan...
Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)