Next Match: Image
Huddersfield in the Premier League.
Saturday 21st October 2017, KO 15:00 BST.
Sia
Supporter
Supporter

Darren Fletcher

Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:57 am

Call me crazy but I think we should try to buy him back.

He is clearly over his fitness issues, we just lost Schweinsteiger. Fletcher would be a fantastic player to have around for another 3 years easily. He is of the Giggs and Scholes school of lifestyle, he will play well into his late thirties.

Just imagine how useful he would be right now.

P.S. not saying we don't need another, younger midfielder.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Darren Fletcher

Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:14 am

Wrong former United west brom player to bring home
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

Sia
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:32 am

evans?

Dante
Referee
Referee

Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:49 am

I'm sure that stress is one of the things that can cause his illness to flare up. I'd imagine the stress of playing for United is far higher than West Brom, so I can't see it being a good idea.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:56 pm

I never understand this thought process. Fletcher is a bit different, so I may be referring more to Evans, but when a player doesn't perform at United and then moves to a smaller team and performs well it in no way means they would come back to perform well at United. Every player has their level, and most players level isn't Manchester United.
"Make America Great Again!"

Sia
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:24 am

Relly wrote:
I never understand this thought process. Fletcher is a bit different, so I may be referring more to Evans, but when a player doesn't perform at United and then moves to a smaller team and performs well it in no way means they would come back to perform well at United. Every player has their level, and most players level isn't Manchester United.
that's a fair point, but in fletcher's case, it was never his performance level that led to his exit; it was his fitness and ability to play due to the illness.

now to Dante's point, if stress is a factor, sure I'd be more hesitant about him but that's more of a theory so i don't know. do people ever fully recover from this condition?

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:15 am

Relly wrote:

Because I dont believe Evans wasn't good enough here, and considering we kept Smalling and Jones, how was Evans allowed to leave.

However if anything, what about Michael Keane. Never given a chance here (despite the fact that McNair and Blackett were given endless chances) and then sold by the Dutch genius against the recommendations of the coaching staff. Hes now gone on to become one of the best cb's in the league, made his England debut and is going to be sold for 30 million in the summer. The ghosts of Van Gaal still haunting us
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:36 am

Sia wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:57 am
Call me crazy but I think we should try to buy him back.

He is clearly over his fitness issues, we just lost Schweinsteiger. Fletcher would be a fantastic player to have around for another 3 years easily. He is of the Giggs and Scholes school of lifestyle, he will play well into his late thirties.

Just imagine how useful he would be right now.

P.S. not saying we don't need another, younger midfielder.
You're crazy. I lover super-fletch but his time in United is over.
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

Dante
Referee
Referee

Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:06 am

Well, the papers are full of stories about us buying Keane back.

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee
Call Me: Daddy

Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:21 am

Wouldn't want Fletcher or Evans back. Both would be a backwards step. Evans had a decent season the rest of the time he was below average. Fletcher is a tricky one. He was a scapegoat for a lot of his early United career but he won everyone round with hard work and commitment. He had a fantastic season and was unlucky not to play in the Champions league final but, again, he wasn't a world beater by any stretch. I think we have a problem at United where we see former reds having a go after being at United and we decide we shouldn't have sold them.
100% Top Red

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:05 pm

Sandies wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:15 am
Relly wrote:

Because I dont believe Evans wasn't good enough here, and considering we kept Smalling and Jones, how was Evans allowed to leave.

However if anything, what about Michael Keane. Never given a chance here (despite the fact that McNair and Blackett were given endless chances) and then sold by the Dutch genius against the recommendations of the coaching staff. Hes now gone on to become one of the best cb's in the league, made his England debut and is going to be sold for 30 million in the summer. The ghosts of Van Gaal still haunting us
He had the ability to play great, but he always seemed hampered by the pressures of playing for such a big club. Evans is a prime example of a good player without the mental fortitude to play for a club like United.
"Make America Great Again!"

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:17 pm

Dante wrote:
I'm sure that stress is one of the things that can cause his illness to flare up. I'd imagine the stress of playing for United is far higher than West Brom, so I can't see it being a good idea.
It is nothing to do with stress

The lad had a serious illness which meant that when he needed to go to the toilet he needed to go now
And i mean now
It took many years to get under control but through sheer hard work and perseverance he made it and must be applauded
He lost a lot of weight and with it a lot of his strength
He had to move down a level to compensate and west Brom was theoretically down a level
United have now sunk to considering West Brom a serious threat which probably says it all

Dante
Referee
Referee

Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:38 pm

redmaria wrote:
Dante wrote:

The lad had a serious illness which meant that when he needed to go to the toilet he needed to go now
And i mean now
It took many years to get under control but through sheer hard work and perseverance he made it and must be applauded
He had to move down a level to compensate and west Brom was theoretically down a level
United have now sunk to considering West Brom a serious threat which probably says it all
Information on ulcerative colitis from the NHS website. Excerpt:
Although stress doesn't cause ulcerative colitis, successfully managing stress levels may reduce the frequency of symptoms.

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:26 am

Dante wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:38 pm
redmaria wrote:
Dante wrote:

And i mean now
Information on ulcerative colitis from the NHS website. Excerpt:
Although stress doesn't cause ulcerative colitis, successfully managing stress levels may reduce the frequency of symptoms.
The word "may" as opposed to to saying "will" is important
Also with West Brom being in no tournaments and never going to be in any tournaments means the training and playing regime is totally different
Just one game a week on most weeks.
The furthest they travel from the Midlands is the North East
A lot easier on the body than travelling to Rostov followed by travelling to Chelsea all in 72 hours
That's hard enough without the planes and coaches not turning up because you've skimped on the cost of exclusive travel

Dante
Referee
Referee

Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:26 pm

redmaria wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:26 am

The word "may" as opposed to to saying "will" is important
Dante wrote:

Return to “Transfers, Speculation & Rumours”