Loading...
Next Match: Image
Swansea City in the Carabao Cup.
Tuesday 24th October 2017, KO 19:45 BST.
User avatar
Dante
Referee
Referee
Posts: 8286
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:16 pm

The Ronaldo thread of speculation

Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:59 pm

Surprised no one has started one for this.

Before going any further, remember this conference is called Transfers, Speculation & Rumours.

Speculation & Rumours.

Speculation

Rumours.

Speculation

Rumours.


Now that's dealt with, and therefore NO ONE WILL BARGE IN HERE TO MOAN ABOUT THIS BEING UNREALISTIC AND NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN, lets chat about the glorious return of Cristiano Ronaldo to Manchester United.

Rumours abound of Ronaldo not being happy in Madrid, for reasons such as the Spanish looking into dodgy tax affairs, and the Madrid fans being a bunch of many birth canals and booing the best player they have ever had the privilege of having seen play for them. Given this, it's no surprise that he might wonder why he bothers, and start looking elsewhere. And whilst PSG would do all they can to land him, some Italian bloke is claiming that Ronny has instructed his agent to do all he can to secure a return to Manchester United.

Given such strong evidence, I can declare that this is definitely 100% happening, so we can now start discussing in which season we think Ronaldo will also become the record Manchester United goalscorer.


Image

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Posts: 9047
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:40 am
Call Me: Ste

Re: The Ronaldo thread of speculation

Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:24 pm

Clear to me that he isbasically saying all the right things in public to ensure Madrid pay his £13m tax bill (which of course they will if forced to).

Prospects of him actually coming back... 0.0000001% :(
My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

User avatar
redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 618
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:24 am

Re: The Ronaldo thread of speculation

Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:33 pm

Dante wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:59 pm
Surprised no one has started one for this.

Before going any further, remember this conference is called Transfers, Speculation & Rumours.

Speculation & Rumours.

Speculation

Rumours.

Speculation

Rumours.


Now that's dealt with, and therefore NO ONE WILL BARGE IN HERE TO MOAN ABOUT THIS BEING UNREALISTIC AND NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN, lets chat about the glorious return of Cristiano Ronaldo to Manchester United.

Rumours abound of Ronaldo not being happy in Madrid, for reasons such as the Spanish looking into dodgy tax affairs, and the Madrid fans being a bunch of many birth canals and booing the best player they have ever had the privilege of having seen play for them. Given this, it's no surprise that he might wonder why he bothers, and start looking elsewhere. And whilst PSG would do all they can to land him, some Italian bloke is claiming that Ronny has instructed his agent to do all he can to secure a return to Manchester United.

Given such strong evidence, I can declare that this is definitely 100% happening, so we can now start discussing in which season we think Ronaldo will also become the record Manchester United goalscorer.
You might as well start some other threads whilst you are at it if you like a shit talking competition

How about
1 Messi coming
2 Robben coming
3 Bobby Charlton coming out of retirement

User avatar
joze ruis
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1115
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:23 pm

Re: The Ronaldo thread of speculation

Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:47 pm

''Cristiano Ronaldo is interested in the possibility of returning to Manchester United this summer, Sky sources understand.

The Real Madrid forward wants to leave Spain and a source close to the player says United are very close to his heart.

Manchester United sold Ronaldo to Real Madrid in the summer of 2009 for £80m and they have tried to set up a deal for his return on at least one occasion since his departure

At the moment, United are wary of being drawn into a transfer saga surrounding Ronaldo's future and the general feeling at Old Trafford is that he will stay in Madrid.

Ronaldo's advisers, though, have been told to find him a new club outside Spain because he is angry after being accused of evading tax of £14.7m between 2011 and 2014.

There are very few clubs who would be able to afford Ronaldo's transfer fee and his wages

Paris Saint-Germain have a longstanding interest in signing him and AC Milan's new Chinese owners have been in contact this summer with Ronaldo's agent Jorge Mendes.

China is another option, with the mid-season window there opening on Monday, but it is believed that at the age of 32, Ronaldo would prefer to carry on playing in one of Europe's top leagues.

Real Madrid will do everything they can to keep Ronaldo, but if he is allowed to leave, United are one of the very few clubs he would want to join.''

User avatar
Glorio
International Player
International Player
Posts: 2130
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:36 am

Re: The Ronaldo thread of speculation

Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:27 pm

This circus returns again... moving on
There is only one GOLDEN BOY

User avatar
ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 5593
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 1:12 pm
Call Me: Barry

Re: The Ronaldo thread of speculation

Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:48 am

This is the absolute last thing we needed this transfer season. So much for getting stuff done early.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

User avatar
Dante
Referee
Referee
Posts: 8286
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:16 pm

Re: The Ronaldo thread of speculation

Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:34 am

redmaria wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:33 pm
Dante wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:59 pm
Surprised no one has started one for this.

Before going any further, remember this conference is called Transfers, Speculation & Rumours.

Speculation & Rumours.

Speculation

Rumours.

Speculation

Rumours.


Now that's dealt with, and therefore NO ONE WILL BARGE IN HERE TO MOAN ABOUT THIS BEING UNREALISTIC AND NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN, lets chat about the glorious return of Cristiano Ronaldo to Manchester United.

Rumours abound of Ronaldo not being happy in Madrid, for reasons such as the Spanish looking into dodgy tax affairs, and the Madrid fans being a bunch of many birth canals and booing the best player they have ever had the privilege of having seen play for them. Given this, it's no surprise that he might wonder why he bothers, and start looking elsewhere. And whilst PSG would do all they can to land him, some Italian bloke is claiming that Ronny has instructed his agent to do all he can to secure a return to Manchester United.

Given such strong evidence, I can declare that this is definitely 100% happening, so we can now start discussing in which season we think Ronaldo will also become the record Manchester United goalscorer.
You might as well start some other threads whilst you are at it if you like a shit talking competition

How about
1 Messi coming
2 Robben coming
3 Bobby Charlton coming out of retirement
I thought about namechecking you in the title, but though, nah, Ray will read the post and decide against posting some shite.
Image

User avatar
ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 5593
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 1:12 pm
Call Me: Barry

Re: The Ronaldo thread of speculation

Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:48 am

Lesson learned - Dante.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

User avatar
redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 618
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:24 am

Re: The Ronaldo thread of speculation

Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:42 am

ArizonaRed wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:48 am
This is the absolute last thing we needed this transfer season. So much for getting stuff done early.

Lesson learned then eh :laugh: :laugh:

dbecks07
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1755
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:09 pm

Re: The Ronaldo thread of speculation

Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:37 am

Rumours seems to have more weight than past stories in the transfer window. With the tax issue, there is even more reasons to give credit to the story. We have seen with Pogba that anything can happen and that this great club is in the hearts of many great players..So anything can happen, lets see

User avatar
redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 618
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:24 am

Re: The Ronaldo thread of speculation

Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:01 am

dbecks07 wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:37 am
Rumours seems to have more weight than past stories in the transfer window. With the tax issue, there is even more reasons to give credit to the story. We have seen with Pogba that anything can happen and that this great club is in the hearts of many great players..So anything can happen, lets see
Where do you get this tosh from?
Do you make it up or is it natural?

"Great club in the hearts of great players"FFS
Pogba came because his agent wanted to get them both a pot of cash.Sod all to do with love
Zlatan came to our elephants megastore graveyard for the same reason.Cash and cash alone on both sides
Same statement with two of the worlds best in Schweinsteiger and Falcao.Well they were at the top but a good while before they joined us

Now you are hanging on to the hope that Ronaldo who loves the sun and hates the city of Manchester,as does his girl friend might come back because this club is in his heart :laugh: :laugh:

If he leaves Madrid,who are a great club and is in his heart,there is only one country he is going to and it is not the UK
It is France

However file this with Robben and Bale and do it quickly before you get your hopes up

dbecks07
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1755
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:09 pm

Re: The Ronaldo thread of speculation

Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:24 am

You should go the the Madrid megastore and get you the kits for the next season Ray

I will continue to support this great club

User avatar
marcus leong
Referee
Referee
Posts: 6012
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:31 am

Re: The Ronaldo thread of speculation

Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:51 am

The 200 million quoted is just ridiculous.
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

dbecks07
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1755
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:09 pm

Re: The Ronaldo thread of speculation

Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:36 am

marcus leong wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:51 am
The 200 million quoted is just ridiculous.
If Pickford is going for 30mil and Eric Dier and Schmeichel are tagged at 50mil - Ronaldo's price is about right

Thats football prices nowadays

User avatar
Dante
Referee
Referee
Posts: 8286
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:16 pm

Re: The Ronaldo thread of speculation

Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:43 am

"I'm very happy being in Spain but obviously I also miss England because you can't just turn off the memories."
“I remember when I signed Cristiano, he phoned me and said everyone at Manchester United was really happy and kind to him.

“Sir Alex Ferguson was like a father and he loved the fans.

“The club has been very important in his career. Manchester United is a club he has in his heart.”
“Why not?” he says when we ask him if we’ll see him back in the Premier League again. “In football, you never know what will happen tomorrow. I feel great here – it’s a fantastic club – but tomorrow, I don’t know. People know I love Manchester United. It’s great there – they support me a lot… I’m very good here at Madrid, but in the future: nobody knows. Let’s see what’s gonna happen.”
Of course I miss Manchester. I especially miss the apple crumble and custard they served at Carrington after training — it was amazing!
To be honest I miss the Premier League a lot. Of course I have good memories about Manchester. I have good friends there and I miss them a lot, so you never know.
Yeah, sounds like he hated every second.
Image

User avatar
Harley Ben
Trainee
Trainee
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:56 am

Re: The Ronaldo thread of speculation

Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:49 pm

These rumors are drama. Ronaldo will never return to OT. What my brains says. My heart want's him hear though

User avatar
Harley Ben
Trainee
Trainee
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:56 am

Re: The Ronaldo thread of speculation

Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:50 pm

Plus just read on mirror about 175+ De Gea for Ronaldo and Morata. Ronaldo plead to Mendes on possible return to OT. Not sure though

User avatar
Glorio
International Player
International Player
Posts: 2130
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:36 am

Re: The Ronaldo thread of speculation

Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:10 pm

Please no
There is only one GOLDEN BOY

User avatar
ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 5593
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 1:12 pm
Call Me: Barry

Re: The Ronaldo thread of speculation

Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:52 pm

redmaria wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:42 am
ArizonaRed wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:48 am
This is the absolute last thing we needed this transfer season. So much for getting stuff done early.

Lesson learned then eh :laugh: :laugh:
Woodward is like the dog that chases cars; he cannot help hisself from chasing a headline.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

dbecks07
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1755
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:09 pm

Re: The Ronaldo thread of speculation

Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:23 am

Harley Ben wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:50 pm
Plus just read on mirror about 175+ De Gea for Ronaldo and Morata. Ronaldo plead to Mendes on possible return to OT. Not sure though
Read that and also read something about a 131mil buyout clause for Ronaldo....

Romero as Keeper with Ronaldo and Morata striking or DDG in poles but only Morata..Mmmmm...

Ronaldo will add alot to this team Current world player of the year, goal scorer extraordinaire, fear factor, experience. We could win the league, compete in the CL and he is good for another 2-3 years which we can build on the success he will bring....

Just giving some food for thought

User avatar
redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 618
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:24 am

Re: The Ronaldo thread of speculation

Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:25 pm

Dante wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:43 am
"I'm very happy being in Spain but obviously I also miss England because you can't just turn off the memories."
“I remember when I signed Cristiano, he phoned me and said everyone at Manchester United was really happy and kind to him.

“Sir Alex Ferguson was like a father and he loved the fans.

“The club has been very important in his career. Manchester United is a club he has in his heart.”
“Why not?” he says when we ask him if we’ll see him back in the Premier League again. “In football, you never know what will happen tomorrow. I feel great here – it’s a fantastic club – but tomorrow, I don’t know. People know I love Manchester United. It’s great there – they support me a lot… I’m very good here at Madrid, but in the future: nobody knows. Let’s see what’s gonna happen.”
Of course I miss Manchester. I especially miss the apple crumble and custard they served at Carrington after training — it was amazing!
To be honest I miss the Premier League a lot. Of course I have good memories about Manchester. I have good friends there and I miss them a lot, so you never know.
Yeah, sounds like he hated every second.
I'm a bit confused with your logic(yet again)
Please explain

If he loved Manchester that much and didn't want to leave then why did he?
Surely United didn't make him leave just so they could make the cash disappear did they?
He always wanted to play for Madrid and he loves sunshine and so does his girlfriend

Or is this another one of your jokes that i don't understand but Marcus does (Y)

User avatar
Dante
Referee
Referee
Posts: 8286
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:16 pm

Re: The Ronaldo thread of speculation

Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:12 pm

You do understand the concept that someone might not hate Manchester, but might also want to leave for reasons entirely unrelated to the city right?
Image

User avatar
joze ruis
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1115
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:23 pm

Re: The Ronaldo thread of speculation

Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:16 pm

If United was located in Spain for example i'm very confident Ronaldo would still be here. I believe he does love the club because he got more support here than he does in Madrid but he did constantly complain about life and the weather in Manchester.
He was forcing for a move away for 2 years and he clearly made the right decision on footballing terms and lifestlye.

User avatar
redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 618
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:24 am

Re: The Ronaldo thread of speculation

Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:05 pm

Dante wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:12 pm
You do understand the concept that someone might not hate Manchester, but might also want to leave for reasons entirely unrelated to the city right?

Of course i understand the concept but the question to be asked is do you?

The lad left for several reasons which he openly gave
1 He had always wanted to play for Madrid
2 He loved the sunshine and the beach
3 His family and immediate friends who he surrounded himself with also preferred to leave Manchester to seek as many of the above as he/they could.

Now when he left United they were almost as powerful as they had been in their history but still he left
He has improved his career and his new club dramatically since he made the move
United on the other hand have gone dramatically backwards
I hope you do appreciate that fact

So now with his family and everything settled in Spain except for this tax problem what has changed?
I am sure you will have a concept that i can understand
I look forward to your words of wisdom

With the jose tax investigation coming out today it sounds like a witch hunt on wealthy footballers is afoot
These football people don't have a clue about tax affairs
They just play the game and let their advisors do the rest
A lot of time these advisors are appointed by the club

With Messi having had a dicking i suspect that the authorities are now having a go at Madrid
After all get one football person for a £10m bill or get 1000 Tapas bar owners for £100 each

Also a claim that you owe money is not proof you do owe money

I have a friend who sold his business for £96m and paid all the taxes he was told was relevant
2 Years later the taxman came back and claimed just over £5m more that they claimed he had defrauded them of
Made the local papers and the implications that he was rich thieving arsehole
He had to pay them £5m in cash before they would consider an appeal.
This he did
They went to court and he won
Got his £5m back plus interest plus costs

You see you should never believe what you read in the paper
You do understand that concept don't do?

PS Ronaldo ain't coming!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

User avatar
Dante
Referee
Referee
Posts: 8286
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:16 pm

Re: The Ronaldo thread of speculation

Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:12 pm

Thank you for your irrelevant bollocks. I redirect you to the opening post.Now if you'd kindly stop ruining this thread with your usual shite please.
Image

Return to “Transfers, Speculation & Rumours”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users