Next Match: Image
Huddersfield in the Premier League.
Saturday 21st October 2017, KO 15:00 BST.
ivandaman
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Da-Man-Ivan

Re: The Zlatan

Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:25 am

We signed Henrik Larsson at 35 and he did well for the few months he was here, so why not. Zlatan seems to be in excellent physical shape, not injury prone.
Never liked him at the early stages of his career. Always seemed a bit of an arrogant superstar wannabe.
The last a few years however I warmed up to him a bit.. Kinda like him. Not sure why..

To Be A Man UNITED Supporter IS NOT A Right! .... It is a Privilege.

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:33 am

'Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s agent, Mino Raiola, has reached a deal with Manchester United over the Swede’s salary with a move now hinging on talks between the striker and the club’s new manager, José Mourinho.

The 34-year-old, who is available on a free transfer after leaving Paris Saint-Germain at the end of last season, wants reassurances from the Portuguese that he will play an important role at Old Trafford next season. The Swede is not interested in being a back-up striker as he nears the end of his career.'

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... onal-terms

I don't want Zlatan with him more or less guaranteed a starting role, and would prefer to bring through Rashford.

How do others feel?

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Re: RE: Re: The Zlatan

Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:17 pm

DaveMart wrote:'Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s agent, Mino Raiola, has reached a deal with Manchester United over the Swede’s salary with a move now hinging on talks between the striker and the club’s new manager, José Mourinho.

The 34-year-old, who is available on a free transfer after leaving Paris Saint-Germain at the end of last season, wants reassurances from the Portuguese that he will play an important role at Old Trafford next season. The Swede is not interested in being a back-up striker as he nears the end of his career.'

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... onal-terms

I don't want Zlatan with him more or less guaranteed a starting role, and would prefer to bring through Rashford.

How do others feel?
Rashford just need to play better than a 34 years old striker.
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

Dante
Referee
Referee

Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:39 pm

DaveMart wrote:I don't want Zlatan with him more or less guaranteed a starting role, and would prefer to bring through Rashford.

How do others feel?
I doubt Rashford is the one at risk here, that would be Rooney.

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:33 pm

According to an account on Skysports, we decided not to go for Vardy also, so as not to harm Rashford's development
There is only one GOLDEN BOY

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:46 pm

Glorio wrote:According to an account on Skysports, we decided not to go for Vardy also, so as not to harm Rashford's development
Excellent if true, as it would mean that Mourinho is looking to proper development, not farming all the youngsters out as he did at Chelski.

Mind you, he had little option under the Czar, with his demands for instant success.

I am still worried about Woodward though, with his infatuation with big names.
The latest has us linked to Messi,
I did not bother linking it.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:01 pm

If we have learned nothing over the last three years it should be that guaranting anyone a starting role is a mistake. I do believe that Zlatan's arrogance will be a good thing for the team to help bring the swagger and fear back to Old Trafford. Rashford and the other young player should have a great deal of the pressure taken off them and could learn a lot about winning from Zlatan.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:12 pm

I think it's less a guarantee to start and more a that's he's being brought in to play performances dependent. And obviously, Zlatan would put in performances to justify being a starter because he's Zlatan. So unless he forgets that and thinks he's Emile Heskey, I think he'll be fine.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:10 am

ArizonaRed wrote:If we have learned nothing over the last three years it should be that guaranting anyone a starting role is a mistake. I do believe that Zlatan's arrogance will be a good thing for the team to help bring the swagger and fear back to Old Trafford. Rashford and the other young player should have a great deal of the pressure taken off them and could learn a lot about winning from Zlatan.

The place is for him to lose though. It is up to Rashford to claim it back.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:27 pm

marcus leong wrote:
ArizonaRed wrote:If we have learned nothing over the last three years it should be that guaranting anyone a starting role is a mistake. I do believe that Zlatan's arrogance will be a good thing for the team to help bring the swagger and fear back to Old Trafford. Rashford and the other young player should have a great deal of the pressure taken off them and could learn a lot about winning from Zlatan.

The place is for him to lose though. It is up to Rashford to claim it back.
Obviously the job is his to lose; his reputation alone gives him that privilege and no one shells out the kind of cash (₤220K a week) being speculated for a bench warmer. However I do not think there is any merit in guaranteeing anyone a starting role; everyone needs to know that if you perform you plays and if you don't you sit.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Zlatan

Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:10 pm

ArizonaRed wrote: Obviously the job is his to lose; his reputation alone gives him that privilege and no one shells out the kind of cash (₤220K a week) being speculated for a bench warmer. However I do not think there is any merit in guaranteeing anyone a starting role; everyone needs to know that if you perform you plays and if you don't you sit.
Definitely agree. Applicable to everyone, including captain.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:58 pm

No, he must be treated differently. Like when Gary Neville was captain.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:40 pm

I'm starting to think he isn't coming. He said an announcement would be made on the 7th, here is his quote;
"There will be a big announcement on the 7th. It will be this summer's big bomb. "

"It feels good, feels better than good. A lot will happen with this news, so hopefully you'll all enjoy."
I would hardly view Zlatan to United as a big bomb, because its been a fairly obvious transfer for most of the season.
"Make America Great Again!"

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Max

Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:16 pm

I'd consider it a big bomb if he joined, let's say, Real Madrid, simply because it would be completely out of the blue.
UNITED > ENGLAND

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:18 am

Relly wrote:I'm starting to think he isn't coming. He said an announcement would be made on the 7th, here is his quote;
"There will be a big announcement on the 7th. It will be this summer's big bomb. "

"It feels good, feels better than good. A lot will happen with this news, so hopefully you'll all enjoy."
I would hardly view Zlatan to United as a big bomb, because its been a fairly obvious transfer for most of the season.
But it is a bigger bomb than if he went to some asian team no one will ever give a fornicate about it
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Max

Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:59 am

Well well, some expect the bomb to be nothing else but the launch of his fashion brand's new line.
UNITED > ENGLAND

ivandaman
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Da-Man-Ivan

Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:31 am

SUBXERO wrote:Well well, some expect the bomb to be nothing else but the launch of his fashion brand's new line.
is it called "Zlatan's Secret" ??
To Be A Man UNITED Supporter IS NOT A Right! .... It is a Privilege.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:33 am

Relly wrote:I'm starting to think he isn't coming. He said an announcement would be made on the 7th, here is his quote;

Zlatan would consider any news involving him to be a 'big bomb.'

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:01 am

Dante wrote:
DaveMart wrote:I don't want Zlatan with him more or less guaranteed a starting role, and would prefer to bring through Rashford.

How do others feel?
I doubt Rashford is the one at risk here, that would be Rooney.
More Mata.. Zlatan plays in the number 10 role nowadays. Dictating play in and around the box

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:03 am

And Wales found out that he has talent to nearly match his ego!

I think fans of other clubs will be surprised if he joins United, as we and Mourinho are universally renowned for our humility.......

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:04 pm

DaveMart wrote:And Wales found out that he has talent to nearly match his ego!

I think fans of other clubs will be surprised if he joins United, as we and Mourinho are universally renowned for our humility.......
Hahaha...

And Yeah...did he show how well he can still influence a game

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:14 pm

DaveMart wrote:And Wales found out that he has talent to nearly match his ego!

and lets not forget that Zlatan is humility personified. (tounge planted firmly in cheek) ;)

Giants14
International Player
International Player

Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:21 am

That's why I cant wait for him to sign - he has balls.

One of our main problems since Fergie left is the lack of balls in our line up - this guy has more balls than our entire team - a leader.

bring it on
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

Sia
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:41 pm

I thought LvG had big balls. that didn't really work out did it

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:34 pm

Sia wrote:I thought LvG had big balls. that didn't really work out did it
Van Gaal couldn't back it up.

Return to “Transfers, Speculation & Rumours”