Next Match: Image
Derby County in the League Cup.
Tuesday 25th September 2018, KO 20:00 BST.
Glorio
International Player
International Player

Jose and the Doc

Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:57 pm

I was a bit surprised at the slowness of the reaction towards José's treatment of Chelsea's head doctor. It's beginning to gather speed now and for good reason.
IMO his post match comments were completely classless and the whole issue is paramount to workplace bullying

His comments
"I wasn’t very happy with my medical staff," Mourinho, who did not comment on the red card given to his goalkeeper, told Sky Sports.
"You have to understand the game – even if you are a kit man, doctor or secretary on the bench.

"You have to know you have one player less and when you go to the pitch to assist a player you must be sure the player has a serious problem. I was sure Eden didn’t have a serious problem.

"He had a knock and was very, very tired but my medical department were impulsive and naive to leave me with eight outfield players. In a counter attack we were worried as we had two players less."
He subsequently demoted her from match duty. If he had issues, should've been with Hazard for play acting. His stance appears even more silly when you consider that is was the ref that beckoned them unto the pitch

There is only one GOLDEN BOY

Dante
Referee
Referee

Re: Jose and the Doc

Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:14 pm

Yeah, thought Jose was talking Class A bollocks there. The doc and her team came onto the pitch because the referee told them to.

Matt
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:20 pm

He tends to do shit like this when they don't get the result they expected. No one talked about their performance, so mission accomplished.

You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:30 pm

Matt wrote:He tends to do shit like this when they don't get the result they expected. No one talked about their performance, so mission accomplished.
Spot on.

Make football fabulous again!

Matt
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:53 pm

I'll consider that as a rep, and will remind you to give me one when we get the rep system back up.

You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:06 pm

I can confirm you will be repped accordingly.

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:01 pm

Matt wrote:I'll consider that as a rep, and will remind you to give me one when we get the rep system back up.
Rep whore

100% Top Red

Carrick 5 Gerrard 0
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:20 pm

It's ridiculous the way he treated her, we all know it was to get the attention off the team but it was a low blow and to get demoted for doing her job is unfair and it's bullying. She has had it tough coming through with all the sexist chanting over the last few seasons, the way he spoke to her was out of order and if I was a player I would be ashamed the manager was speaking to her like that.

Carrick 5 Gerrard 0
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:24 pm

They also have a very good injury record so he should be praising his medical staff

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:25 pm

Carrick 5 Gerrard 0 wrote:It's ridiculous the way he treated her, we all know it was to get the attention off the team but it was a low blow and to get demoted for doing her job is unfair and it's bullying. She has had it tough coming through with all the sexist chanting over the last few seasons, the way he spoke to her was out of order and if I was a player I would be ashamed the manager was speaking to her like that.
I agree 100%.

Said Mourinho was a knob for ages.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:31 pm

Mourinho is brilliant again, because as Matt said he deflected attention from his team. And to be honest, he did have a point.

You have to ask yourselves this, would this be a talking point if she wasn't a fit bird? No one would care about the medical staff at a football club if she wasn't.

"Make America Great Again!"

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:33 pm

Relly wrote:Mourinho is brilliant again, because as Matt said he deflected attention from his team. And to be honest, he did have a point.

You have to ask yourselves this, would this be a talking point if she wasn't a fit bird? No one would care about the medical staff at a football club if she wasn't.
This is also true.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:41 pm

He had a point? So you feel that medical staff should ignore the instructions of referees and the guidelines of the General Medical Council because a manager would like to win a game?

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:44 pm

Dante wrote:He had a point? So you feel that medical staff should ignore the instructions of referees and the guidelines of the General Medical Council because a manager would like to win a game?
Not that bit, obviously Jose is talking shit there, the bit where Relly said if she wasn't an attractive woman, there wouldn't be the same shitstorm.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:52 pm

The medical staff would have been hung out to dry if they had ignored the referees and not treated a player down on the pitch after being instructed to do so. If Hazard had really hurt Mourinho would be at the head of the lynch mod.

I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:14 am

Relly wrote:Mourinho is brilliant again, because as Matt said he deflected attention from his team. And to be honest, he did have a point.

Which point did he have exactly? Besides no one was thinking about her before he outed her in his post match interview so I don't see the relevance of your comment. It's his interview that put the spotlight on her just as it would have done to anyone.
Interestingly, when I read this stuff on skysports.com, someone made a very similar comment and straightaway Relly, you came to mind. Make of that what you will.

I find the insinuation hard to believe that if he did it to a respected male doctor, we wouldn't get a similar sense of injustice. The fact she's female probably adds some emotive motivation to the story but that's about it. The football world would still be royally pissed at his arrogant stupidity.

There is only one GOLDEN BOY

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:21 am

He did well originally to deflect blame but then he took it further by demoting her and kicking her out of training. From there its rightfully been made into a shit storm

Also there was a quite a talking point last year when Pep fired Bayerns whole medical staff.

While this obviously has a lot more weight to it because shes a really hot girl, Joses actions here are disgraceful. Shes followed the letter of the law and couldve been in trouble if she didnt and shes losing her job over it. The club is a walking PR disaster, racism sexism and who knows what else

The media usually wank over Jose but hes gone too far here. Very good article here as well

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 50879.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 52382.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:03 am

I don't think jose gives a fornicate about how it looks. As has been said already, the spotlight is off his team dropping points. It doesn't matter how he does it, he manages to do and get what he wants be it immoral, back stabbing or just plain ridiculous.

100% Top Red

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:43 pm

Her duties were restricted because she took to Twitter after the game thanking people for their support. Basically she was spiting her boss in public. Any of you could try that and test the results.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:46 pm

Chelsea's previous doctor is also backing Mourinho

Carrick 5 Gerrard 0
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:27 pm

He probably wants his job back. But he never criticised her actions, just her facebook posting.
1. She had to go on to the pitch, she lives by the letter of the GMC above the letter of her employer. You cannot fault the action she took on the pitch. It would go against the medical oath she took and the law.
2. Would he have said she didn't understand the game if it was a guy? Your bringing sex into this so then you can't pick and choose the parts you want.
3. What was he thinking that she would sit down and be a target, a distraction while he was dragging her reputation through mud? So its fine for him to act like that to her but she has to keep her mouth shut?! Her facebook wasn't even public, its because other people shared it, it became a big thing. Also, she has had to endure so much sexism from the Chelsea fans, our fans, other fans, and what have Chelsea or the FA done about that? Nothing, I would like to see how you would cope being constantly abused for your gender and then the boss does it to the cameras about your job.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:20 pm

Carrick 5 Gerrard 0 wrote:He probably wants his job back. But he never criticised her actions, just her facebook posting.
1. She had to go on to the pitch, she lives by the letter of the GMC above the letter of her employer. You cannot fault the action she took on the pitch. It would go against the medical oath she took and the law.
2. Would he have said she didn't understand the game if it was a guy? Your bringing sex into this so then you can't pick and choose the parts you want.
3. What was he thinking that she would sit down and be a target, a distraction while he was dragging her reputation through mud? So its fine for him to act like that to her but she has to keep her mouth shut?! Her facebook wasn't even public, its because other people shared it, it became a big thing. Also, she has had to endure so much sexism from the Chelsea fans, our fans, other fans, and what have Chelsea or the FA done about that? Nothing, I would like to see how you would cope being constantly abused for your gender and then the boss does it to the cameras about your job.
Well you just contradicted yourself. You said that he only criticized the facebook post but then went on to quote his other criticisms. Which were that as the doctor she needs to understand the injury and understand the game. Is Hazard hurt now? Did he suffer a major head injury?

Everybody is always looking for a cause to fight in every situation in the world anymore, sometimes things happen for just reasons and its not a targeted attack on a certain group with malice intended. Look at these tweets from a journo from the Telegraph

I guess this isn't an attack on the female sex, she just wasn't very good at her job.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:24 pm

LOL, and no one has mentioned the head physio, Jon Fearn, who was also demoted too. I guess Mourinho is sexist towards men as well. The fornicate prick hates the whole world!

t.d.
International Player
International Player

Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:20 am

Taken the shine off Swansea's impressive performance in humiliating Chelsea. (Y) :party:

Mourinho has his moments but on the whole he's a petulant birth canal who resembles a spoil brat more than a person in authority.

Break up the Union.

“Physics is to maths what sex is to masturbation.”
― Richard P. Feynman.

x(t) = Asin(ωt + φ)

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:23 am

Relly wrote:Chelsea's previous doctor is also backing Mourinho
People can suck Jose's dick all they like, but from a legal stand point hes in the wrong here and thats my issue. She was practically demoted because Hazard is a little shithouse and jose has taken things too far

The sexist PR disaster stems from the fact Jose is a birth canal

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

Return to “General Football”