Next Match: Image
Swansea City in the Carabao Cup.
Tuesday 24th October 2017, KO 19:45 BST.
Glorio
International Player
International Player

Henrikh Mkhitaryan fee agreed - Sky sports understands

Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:50 am

That's according to Sky Sports. I.e. Done deal me thinks:
Manchester United are close to completing the signing of Henrikh Mkhitaryan from Borussia Dortmund after the clubs agreed a £26.3m fee, according to Sky sources.

The 27-year-old Armenia midfielder has agreed personal terms with United after talks with his representative and will undergo a medical within the next week.
Mkhitaryan has been regularly linked with United and new boss Jose Mourinho appears set to land his man.

He has a year left on his Dortmund deal but is set to move to the Premier League rather than sign a new contract.

An attacking midfielder, Mkhitaryan captains the Armenia national team and joined Dortmund in 2013 from Shakhtar Donetsk for £23.5m.

He got 18 goals and 25 assists last term for the German club, scoring during their thrilling Europa League defeat at the hands of Liverpool, and was named the Bundesliga Players' Player of the Season.

Capped 59 times by Armenia, he is their all-time leading goalscorer, having been on target 19 times for his country.

There is only one GOLDEN BOY

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

Re: Henrikh Mkhitaryan fee agreed - Sky sports understands

Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:58 am

Fantastic signing, i'm very excited by this news.

Bye Bye Mata??
"Make America Great Again!"

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:36 am

I understand.
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Re: RE: Re: Henrikh Mkhitaryan fee agreed - Sky sports understands

Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:37 am

Relly wrote:Fantastic signing, i'm very excited by this news.

Bye Bye Mata??
Hopefully not, the squad is small.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:51 pm

Playing Mata out on the right, even as a "false right winger" was always a drain dead idea that was doomed to failure as soon as the novelty wore off. It pointed out the failing we have had since Sir Alex left; we have forcing player into position they cannot play just for the sake of getting them on the pitch. Just because we paid (or are paying) a shitpot full of money for someone should mean that they have to be on the pitch, sometimes you cut your losses and walk away.

Mourinho has the reputation of being very pragmatic, if a player cannot perform and fit into his team they have been moved along regardless of how much they cost or heir potential.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Max

Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:25 pm

Official: Micky is a red!

I was quite skeptical about this one but, in the end, it went through.
UNITED > ENGLAND

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:26 pm

I'm very excited about this signing. This season can't start soon enough.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:33 pm

SUBXERO wrote:Official: Micky is a red!

Lol Micky

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player

Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:38 pm

Ben, do you mean we're done with the transfer business? I don't think we're safe yet. We still need at least a world class midfielder preferably not past his best. Besides, nobody knows which players Mourinho will want to get rid of. Actually, he is still to hold his first presser as United manager let alone gis first game. Although he claimed he'd give every single first squad player a proper chance to prove themselves I somehow doubt that we'll go on a shopping tour without shipping some dead wood.

It's going to be as exciting as it wasn't for quite a while.
UNITED > ENGLAND

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Henrikh Mkhitaryan fee agreed - Sky sports understands

Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:41 pm

marcus leong wrote:

Lol Micky
Yep, that's how he was referred to here in Germany as his real name is really difficult to pronounce, so I don't see a problem with him being called so in England, too.
UNITED > ENGLAND

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Henrikh Mkhitaryan fee agreed - Sky sports understands

Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:46 pm

SUBXERO wrote:
marcus leong wrote:

Lol Micky
Yep, that's how he was referred to here in Germany as his real name is really difficult to pronounce, so I don't see a problem with him being called so in England, too.
Thanks for that. I'm still having problem spelling Solkjaer!!

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:16 pm

SUBXERO wrote:Ben, do you mean we're done with the transfer business? I don't think we're safe yet. We still need at least a world class midfielder preferably not past his best. Besides, nobody knows which players Mourinho will want to get rid of. Actually, he is still to hold his first presser as United manager let alone gis first game. Although he claimed he'd give every single first squad player a proper chance to prove themselves I somehow doubt that we'll go on a shopping tour without shipping some dead wood.

There is still lots of deadweight to chop and a couple of positions I would like to see some additions, but I am just very excited to watch these two players.

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:39 pm

Relly wrote:
SUBXERO wrote:Ben, do you mean we're done with the transfer business? I don't think we're safe yet. We still need at least a world class midfielder preferably not past his best. Besides, nobody knows which players Mourinho will want to get rid of. Actually, he is still to hold his first presser as United manager let alone gis first game. Although he claimed he'd give every single first squad player a proper chance to prove themselves I somehow doubt that we'll go on a shopping tour without shipping some dead wood.

There is still lots of deadweight to chop and a couple of positions I would like to see some additions, but I am just very excited to watch these two players.

We might be forgetting that the squad was tiny. Not sure we will let too many go

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:19 pm

Fellaini and Rooney. Nothing is better than those two. Everyone else is worth a shot with a new manager.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:10 am

I have a hard time imagining any midfield that contains both Rooney and Fellaini, but I do not think either have the skills need to play up front in a Mourinho team. Maybe if Rooney was willing to take a squad role he might be kept around but I don't think he would be willing to play that role.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:20 pm

As much as I want Rooney gone I don't think Mourinho can come in and ship him out.

He's going to have to let him fail himself and then do it, either January or next summer.

Give Rooney a little rope, he'll hang himself, it's just the last two managers kept cutting him down.

HuSsAiN
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Hussain

Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:07 pm

Relly wrote:As much as I want Rooney gone I don't think Mourinho can come in and ship him out.

He's going to have to let him fail himself and then do it, either January or next summer.

Give Rooney a little rope, he'll hang himself, it's just the last two managers kept cutting him down.
just give up :D
Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny!

HuSsAiN

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player

Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:24 pm

I think Rooney will be given the due credit but he'll just have to try to make the most of it as it appears to be a one-off chance, otherwise he's gone sooner rather than later. It's simply too huge of a bet for Mourinho to start gambling on it. If he's half the manager SAF was (Robson, Bruce, Keane) he shouldn't have any problem pulling the plug on his captain.
UNITED > ENGLAND

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:06 pm

HuSsAiN wrote:
Relly wrote:As much as I want Rooney gone I don't think Mourinho can come in and ship him out.

just give up :D
In all honesty when people defend Rooney anymore I can't tell if they're just taking the piss.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:22 am

Relly wrote: There is still lots of deadweight to chop and a couple of positions I would like to see some additions, but I am just very excited to watch these two players.

After clearing so many, funny we still end with lots of deadweight.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:23 am

SUBXERO wrote:I think Rooney will be given the due credit but he'll just have to try to make the most of it as it appears to be a one-off chance, otherwise he's gone sooner rather than later. It's simply too huge of a bet for Mourinho to start gambling on it. If he's half the manager SAF was (Robson, Bruce, Keane) he shouldn't have any problem pulling the plug on his captain.
Well he haven't assign any captain yet.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:10 pm

I think Mourinho will give everyone a fair look because let face it the last three years few of the players have covered themselves in glory but if that a case of the players skills or the style of football we have been playing is anyone's guess. I am hoping that Mourinho already has an analysis on the players capabilities and how he can best utilize those capabilities; however if a player doesn't or can't deliver on those capabilities then I don't see them being kept around regardless of history or reputation.

I like the players brought in so far; IMO we still need an experienced central defender to organize the back line and an engine room type midfielder but I think Mourinho will wait until he has a chance to look over what he already has available as before making wholesale changes.

Giants14
International Player
International Player

Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:00 pm

ArizonaRed wrote:I think Mourinho will give everyone a fair look because let face it the last three years few of the players have covered themselves in glory but if that a case of the players skills or the style of football we have been playing is anyone's guess. I am hoping that Mourinho already has an analysis on the players capabilities and how he can best utilize those capabilities; however if a player doesn't or can't deliver on those capabilities then I don't see them being kept around regardless of history or reputation.

I like the players brought in so far; IMO we still need an experienced central defender to organize the back line and an engine room type midfielder but I think Mourinho will wait until he has a chance to look over what he already has available as before making wholesale changes.
I agree....our defence was ok last season - our defensive record wasn't terrible. The lack of goals up front was the major concern for me and with Zlatan and Mkhitaryan we have addressed that.

The problem for me now is CM.....I still think we need a CM playmaker like Modric or Kroos. Pogba is great box to box and will be a great addition but we don't have those players that dictate the tempo etc im excluding Carrick in this as he's on the back nine.

It looks like we are setting up like this next season

-----------------------------DDG-------------------------
Darmian------Smalling------Baily---------Shaw
-------------Schneirderlin------Pogba?----------
Mkhitaryan----------Rooney----------Martial
-------------------------Zlatan-----------------------

That's a fast strong line up with the likes of Herrera, Young, Carrick, Depay, Rashford all battling for a place.......I'm just wondering our we a Modric away from a pretty special line up.
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:28 pm

Giants14 wrote:
ArizonaRed wrote:I think Mourinho will give everyone a fair look because let face it the last three years few of the players have covered themselves in glory but if that a case of the players skills or the style of football we have been playing is anyone's guess. I am hoping that Mourinho already has an analysis on the players capabilities and how he can best utilize those capabilities; however if a player doesn't or can't deliver on those capabilities then I don't see them being kept around regardless of history or reputation.

I agree....our defence was ok last season - our defensive record wasn't terrible. The lack of goals up front was the major concern for me and with Zlatan and Mkhitaryan we have addressed that.

The problem for me now is CM.....I still think we need a CM playmaker like Modric or Kroos. Pogba is great box to box and will be a great addition but we don't have those players that dictate the tempo etc im excluding Carrick in this as he's on the back nine.

That's a fast strong line up with the likes of Herrera, Young, Carrick, Depay, Rashford all battling for a place.......I'm just wondering our we a Modric away from a pretty special line up.
Looks good on paper, however, number 10 looks like the obvious weak link. Say something

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:34 pm

Glorio wrote:
Giants14 wrote:

Looks good on paper, however, number 10 looks like the obvious weak link. Say something

Solved

Micky Zlatan Martial

Rashford

Return to “Transfers, Speculation & Rumours”