Next Match: Image
Swansea City in the Carabao Cup.
Tuesday 24th October 2017, KO 19:45 BST.
Giants14
International Player
International Player

January 2017

Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:43 am

The transfer window opens in a couple of weeks - I feel Jose will do some business during the month - who goes and who comes in?

Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Re: January 2017

Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:30 am

I hope to sign an accomplished striker and a midfield to replace Carrick. Can't believe all the signing in midfield and he is still the dependable one.
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

Giants14
International Player
International Player

Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:35 am

The main problem is getting an accomplished striker and a good enough midfielder in January - most clubs will be unwilling to part with their top players.

I do think we'll go for a CB with Bailly going off to the Africans Nations Cup - Fonte heavily linked in the past few weeks -

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Max

Re: RE: Re: January 2017

Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:05 am

Giants14 wrote:The main problem is getting an accomplished striker and a good enough midfielder in January - most clubs will be unwilling to part with their top players.

I do think we'll go for a CB with Bailly going off to the Africans Nations Cup - Fonte heavily linked in the past few weeks -
No way Jose would sign a CB in January. What next when Bailly comes back after the tournament? Besides, we already have the likes of Jones, Rojo, Smalling, and Blind as options which is pretty enough unless numerous injuries occur which could be the case at any stage.
UNITED > ENGLAND

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player

Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:15 am

Generally, January transfer business is a patch and repair. You only buy what you badly need. If you're lucky it's available, otherwise you have to pay over the odds.
UNITED > ENGLAND

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:25 am

Giants14 wrote:The main problem is getting an accomplished striker and a good enough midfielder in January - most clubs will be unwilling to part with their top players.

Hopefully there's Vidic/Evra type of signing. Coming in during January will give him more time to adapt.

SUBXERO wrote: No way Jose would sign a CB in January. What next when Bailly comes back after the tournament? Besides, we already have the likes of Jones, Rojo, Smalling, and Blind as options which is pretty enough unless numerous injuries occur which could be the case at any stage.
Agree about CB and Jose seems to have found a good pairing in Jones and Rojo. Who would have thought about that?

Carrick 5 Gerrard 0
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:16 pm

Schniderlien apparently going to Everton, I think that's absolute bull crap. He should have had more chances this season esp considering how many Fellaini has had.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:28 pm

Carrick 5 Gerrard 0 wrote:Schniderlien apparently going to Everton, I think that's absolute bull crap. He should have had more chances this season esp considering how many Fellaini has had.
He didn't even play one game. Good for him to leave I guess.

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player

Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:15 pm

What a shame. Had big expectations about him. Seemed to me like he was going to become Carrick's heir.
UNITED > ENGLAND

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Call Me: Ste

Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:25 pm

Schneiderlin has been treated shockingly IMO. He was touted as one of the best handful of ball playing, holding mids in the PL when he came. He had a little trouble settling so had a few poor games and has basically been frozen out since then!!

Evra & Vidic mentioned in this thread.. I seem to remember they both took about half a season to settle in..good job we didnt give up on those two too soon!!!!
My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee
Call Me: Daddy

Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:55 pm

RedSte wrote:Schneiderlin has been treated shockingly IMO. He was touted as one of the best handful of ball playing, holding mids in the PL when he came. He had a little trouble settling so had a few poor games and has basically been frozen out since then!!

Evra & Vidic mentioned in this thread.. I seem to remember they both took about half a season to settle in..good job we didnt give up on those two too soon!!!!
Difference with them two was they had never played in England before. I see what you're saying though but where would he fit into our midfield? Id personally have him on the bench as cover for Carrick.
100% Top Red

Giants14
International Player
International Player

Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:33 am

I always hoped Schneirderlin would make it with us - loved watching him at Soton but for whatever reason he hasn't worked out - I would rather keep him than Felliani to be honest. Im surprised Jose doesn't give him the chance - hes the perfect player to come on the last 15-20 mins to see out a game

Talk is he's away to Everton for 20m - a loss of 5m (which isn't too bad going by our history of selling players)

Carrick 5 Gerrard 0
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:13 am

Short Back and Sides wrote:
RedSte wrote:Schneiderlin has been treated shockingly IMO. He was touted as one of the best handful of ball playing, holding mids in the PL when he came. He had a little trouble settling so had a few poor games and has basically been frozen out since then!!

Difference with them two was they had never played in England before. I see what you're saying though but where would he fit into our midfield? Id personally have him on the bench as cover for Carrick.
Where does he fit into our midfield? Carrick can't play every game so I would have him replacing Carrick when he isn't starting.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:48 am

Giants14 wrote:I always hoped Schneirderlin would make it with us - loved watching him at Soton but for whatever reason he hasn't worked out - I would rather keep him than Felliani to be honest. Im surprised Jose doesn't give him the chance - hes the perfect player to come on the last 15-20 mins to see out a game

Talk is he's away to Everton for 20m - a loss of 5m (which isn't too bad going by our history of selling players)
Too bad it doesn't work out. Hopefully Jose will find a better replacement. Fellaini is not the answer.

HuSsAiN
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Hussain

Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:54 am

I really like Schneiderlin, he is underrated.. he needs more chances.
I can't see him going for £20 million, knowing us, we will sell him for about £5 million

I think jose will get a cb, not sure who.
Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny!

HuSsAiN

Otis
Reserve
Reserve

Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:26 pm

With another injury to Bailly and Smalling usually on the sick,we definitely need a centre-back.I would go for the player we should have bought from Celtic last season Virgil van Dyke.Tall ,strong and highly rated.
I think he has a buy-out clause of £25 million.

City,Liverpool and others will be after him in January so let's jump the queue now.
If you walk with Jesus,He's gonna save your soul.You gotta keep the Devil way down in the hole.
Wayne Rooney....Manchester United Legend.
Come back Ray,the board needs you.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:17 pm

I'm personally disappointed with how the Schneiderlin transfer has worked out, but LVG didn't show him much faith either. There is obviously something in training or attitude that we aren't seeing, because he was a good player for Soton, but there is something or managers don't like.
"Make America Great Again!"

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:20 pm

I think CB is the only thing we need this window. Putting all your faith in Jones staying fit is beyond ridiculous. If we don't buy anyone you just know he doin his knee in on Feb 1. And I know he has done well recently, but I still don't trust Rojo. Bailly's knee looks questionable at this point, and best case scenario it's fine, we still lose him for a month to the ACN. Sorry this sounds harsh, but that's why I would never sign an African player, losing players in the heart of the season for a regional competition is not acceptable.

I'm with Otis, I would go after Van Dijk, but I think we are behind in the chase.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:22 pm

Relly wrote:I think CB is the only thing we need this window. Putting all your faith in Jones staying fit is beyond ridiculous. If we don't buy anyone you just know he doin his knee in on Feb 1. And I know he has done well recently, but I still don't trust Rojo. Bailly's knee looks questionable at this point, and best case scenario it's fine, we still lose him for a month to the ACN. Sorry this sounds harsh, but that's why I would never sign an African player, losing players in the heart of the season for a regional competition is not acceptable.
I never understand why they don't just reshedule that competition.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:24 pm

marcus leong wrote:
Relly wrote:I think CB is the only thing we need this window. Putting all your faith in Jones staying fit is beyond ridiculous. If we don't buy anyone you just know he doin his knee in on Feb 1. And I know he has done well recently, but I still don't trust Rojo. Bailly's knee looks questionable at this point, and best case scenario it's fine, we still lose him for a month to the ACN. Sorry this sounds harsh, but that's why I would never sign an African player, losing players in the heart of the season for a regional competition is not acceptable.
I never understand why they don't just reshedule that competition.
or have it once every 4 years like everyone else, it would be a little easier to take

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: January 2017

Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:31 pm

Relly wrote: or have it once every 4 years like everyone else, it would be a little easier to take
Exactly.

Berbatov is training in Carington, sign him up!

Giants14
International Player
International Player

Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:36 am

So Lidelof seems to be coming in.............. Schneirderlin looking likely to be moving on soon as well

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... ky-sources

Everton interested as well - get a bidding war on - might recoup our initial fee of 25m

robertbrian23
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Rob

Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:09 am

Weird thing is, Jose seems keeping Fellaini but Morgan is going to be sold. I know Fellaini can offer height, but who do you think we can give more chances - Fellaini or Schniderlin?

For incoming players - a CB would do great especially Bailly is out for a month for ACN and we have Smalling, Jones and Rojo. :D

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:05 am

robertbrian23 wrote:Weird thing is, Jose seems keeping Fellaini but Morgan is going to be sold. I know Fellaini can offer height, but who do you think we can give more chances - Fellaini or Schniderlin?

For incoming players - a CB would do great especially Bailly is out for a month for ACN and we have Smalling, Jones and Rojo. :D
What is weirder is the club apparently rejected a bid for Morgan.

Sia
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:54 am

we should get rid of fellaini, young and memphis

Return to “Transfers, Speculation & Rumours”