Next Match: Image
Swansea City in the Carabao Cup.
Tuesday 24th October 2017, KO 19:45 BST.
Carrick 5 Gerrard 0
Supporter
Supporter

Hull City

Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:03 pm

Today they had 6 players on the bench, a few more injuries during the game too....

So why don't we send a player or two from our youngsters who need minutes? Pereira is doing a good job on loan but part of me thinks, why not bring him back and get him playing in the premier league week in, week out when we have the opportunity.

The other possibilities are Sean Goss and Fosu Mensah, esp the latter if he isn't going to get an opportunity.

Just a thought.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Re: Hull City

Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:25 pm

I thought Pareira is on the way back?
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Call Me: Ste

Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:44 pm

I think firstly you have to have the approach from the other club - cant read foist players on clubs - and then, even if Hull were interested, I would want some sort of guarantee that they are going to play him on a fairly regular basis.
My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

Carrick 5 Gerrard 0
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:20 pm

Today they had 3 kids on their bench who have played a handful of senior games between them. If our players that we think are going to break through soon couldn't get ahead of them in the pecking order, I would be worried.

We always want a guarantee that our players are going to get minutes in the premier league. Fosu Mensa for example at the moment is only warming the bench, if we can't give him minutes then why not let him break his way into a premier league team when there is the opportunity to play against the top teams? It's different if Jose has plans to play him.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:20 pm

I think you can contact clubs to see if they are interested, but for Hull to sign anyone, the parent club would need to keep paying all their wages. Would we do that?

Carrick 5 Gerrard 0
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:48 pm

Dante wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:20 pm
I think you can contact clubs to see if they are interested, but for Hull to sign anyone, the parent club would need to keep paying all their wages. Would we do that?
Yeah but surely it's a win win in that case for both clubs, how much more beneficial is it for the club to have a player on the bench or in training than it is to pay their wages for 6 months, worst case scenario they don't play or don't perform but best case is that they play and show they belong at this level gaining experience and confidence.

I wouldn't say it if they didn't have much of a chance getting in the team but Hull are racked by injuries and it really seems like a good player could force their way into the team.

In other news Sean Goss looks like he is off to QPR on a permanent transfer which is a shame as he is one of the more highly rated young players.

Carrick 5 Gerrard 0
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:53 pm

Just read that Jose blocked a loan move for Fosu Mensah with a number of premier league and championship clubs interested

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:33 pm

Carrick 5 Gerrard 0 wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:53 pm
Just read that Jose blocked a loan move for Fosu Mensah with a number of premier league and championship clubs interested
He really need to get some playing time.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Return to “Transfers, Speculation & Rumours”