Next Match: Image
Swansea City in the Carabao Cup.
Tuesday 24th October 2017, KO 19:45 BST.
redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

as the end of the season approaches what's next

Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:29 pm

Well just over a month to the end of the season and i for one am concerned about the noises coming out of Old Trafford

Despite the bullshit of hundreds of millions having been spent and hundreds of millions available this is the reality
Gone have gone several players such as Depay,Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin.
None have been replaced
Going appear to be Young
Carrick and Rooney are at the end and should be considered at best experienced squad players to help the youngsters through
Except there aren't any youngsters so they will probably go
Shaw has not shown a good 10 minutes since his terrible injury and seeing how many chances he has had i think he is in the bin as well
Jose doesn't seem to fancy Martial.He shows that by either not playing him or being mouthy in the press
Equally Martial is rumoured to have told Jose at Xmas he wanted away
So if you add that lot up we need 8 players and that is without knowing what Zlatan the great is doing

On the other side everybody has been talking about Griezman beinga done deal
That's just one player and now Jose has said in this weeks press conference that too many agents and too many parents are feeding the press bullshit and Ed can only do his best with Jose's wish list
That doesn't sound positive does it
Add on to the fact that Jose is bleating about how many games we are playing which is a lot less and at a lesser level to a top class winning team that worries me
To hear Jose moaning about teams like West Brom parking the bus also concerns me
He made a career at Chelsea by doing that against the top clubs.He even did it this season for us against Liverpool and tried to do it at Stamford Bridge
WTF is he moaning about??

JonSnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: as the end of the season approaches what's next

Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:23 am

With that being said, who do you think are the possible transfer targets can we get?

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:07 pm

JonSnow wrote:
With that being said, who do you think are the possible transfer targets can we get?
Strong strong strong rumours coming out of Old Trafford about a sensational piece of news that will strongly affect next years transfer policy
I can't tell you much,as it is very sensative, but the news is coming from the BBC and involves the manager
Possibly more to follow soon

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:34 pm

JonSnow wrote:

I personally would name individual players as it is a team game and you need to trust the manager o know the blend
Even the relatively simple on paper pairings take thinking about
ie we have a centre half to be around for a good few years in Bailly but you need a top centre half to pair alongside him to both cover his weaknesses and blend with him
For examples i look to Rio and Vidic
Whilst both could look after themselves undoubtably Vidic wanted a war and the ball was just something to head
Rio was fast and the ball was something to distribute to a playmaker
It is the managers job,whoever that might be next season to identify who he wants and it is Ed's job to get him

We desperately need a left back with Young to leave,and not a fullback anyway and Shaw going nowhere
We need a ball winning midfielder of top class as close to Keane as in available
We need a captain who can fire them up on the pitch(again a Roy Keane or Rio type)
We need world class wingers of the style we have had since the 1970's but who we have sold or let retire (Ronaldo and Beckham and Giggs) or Bale
We need a goalscoring match up like Greaves and Gilzean,Cole and Yorke or Ronaldo and Benzema
The good news is that you believe(d) Woodward when he fed you Bale and Ronaldo are coming and we got a crippled Falcao
Somebody to replace Wazza and somebody to replace Carrick who are both at or coming to the end as well as possibly/probably Zlatan
So all in all we need a lot of players due to years of selling,short term or no investment in the first team with a similar comment on youth development

I am sure many will tell me i am not realistic
I am currently of the opinion that Jose is being told the same

the above are facts as opposed to the facts that you guys love
We'll see

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thu May 04, 2017 8:20 am

Here's a name that has popped up today that might have some mileage in the rumour
Andrea Belotti from Torino
A 23 year old goalscorer
He has signed a contract that ties him to Torino until 2021 and the buy out clause of £85m
Chelsea are reputed to be interested as well but i suspect that if Costa stays they will move past him
Even if Costa goes i don't believe this player is proven enough for long enough to be a serious Chelsea target.I think they have similar out on loan already and fighting for an unproven player doesn't make sense to me
As usual United are said to interested at offering significantly less in £64m and i suspect that the lads true value is worth nearer £25/30m
It is not long since Torino came out of bankruptcy and i suspect a return of £25/30m plus add ons on their investment of £5m only two years ago will be hard to refuse
This is the sort of player,imo,with a similar profile to Martial who the manager doesn't seem to fancy
If United sell Martial for £35/40m and buy this lad for £25/30m they can put him up as a shirt seller and will actually have spent nothing on him.
They will of course claim they have spent £60m ish on him
I see this as a possibility

JonSnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Thu May 04, 2017 9:01 am

I really think that we should get another quality midfielder and defender to bolster our defence. Am I wrong on this?

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

Thu May 04, 2017 2:19 pm

It looks like the “Silly Season” is getting off to an early start this year. These are snippets from BBC Gossip page.

Atletico Madrid striker Antoine Griezmann, 26, has agreed personal terms on a five-year Manchester United deal worth £280,000 a week. (Sun)

Manchester United have had a £72m bid for Kylian Mbappe turned down, with Monaco wanting at least a world-record £100m for the 18-year-old forward. (Guardian)

Manchester United are prepared to pay Torino £64m to sign their 23-year-old Italy striker Andrea Belotti. (Mail)

Chelsea are willing to sell their 28-year-old Brazil midfielder Willian, with Manchester United expected to make a bid. (Express)

Manchester City are favourites to sign left-back Luke Shaw, 21, should he decide to leave Manchester United this summer. (Manchester Evening News)

Jose Mourinho has identified Joe Hart, 30, as his first option to replace David de Gea, 26, in the event Manchester United lose their starting goalkeeper to Real Madrid this summer. (Daily Record)

Mourinho is also interested in 18-year-old AC Milan goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma, but the Italian's parents have told him to extend his contract at the Serie A club instead. (Calciomercato, in Italian)

Jose Mourinho used the Champions League semi-final to scout Real Madrid defender Raphael Varane, 24, and midfielder James Rodriguez, 25.(Manchester Evening News)

For good measure a “fluff” story.
Manchester United attacking midfielder Juan Mata, 29, says he has always had a good relationship with manager Jose Mourinho, who sold him when he was in charge of Chelsea. (El Pais - in Spanish)

The Manchester United name sells papers, so expect us to be linked with just about anyone who converts oxygen into carbon dioxide.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thu May 04, 2017 5:40 pm

Yes
It will be interesting to see who we actually get
Shouldn't be hard as almost every position needs a starter or a back up

It is not just the papers who link us to every player
United help them with club statements like "Ed is leaving a pre season tour on urgent transfer business"
the club then put the rumour out that is was Ronaldo AND Bale
It helps season ticket sales which are apparently slow again this season so expect everybody within Old Trafford who converts bullshit into money to be linking us with every top player

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Fri May 05, 2017 3:02 am

Personally think belotti is a lot more ready made than Martial was when he came but he is a bit of a risk. He has however been absolutely brilliantly and his finishing is on another level compared to the shower of shit our forwards have produced this year
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Fri May 05, 2017 3:22 am

Everyone wants a Keane for midfield but is there any midfielder in that mould anymore?
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sat May 06, 2017 8:44 am

Sandies wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 3:02 am
Personally think belotti is a lot more ready made than Martial was when he came but he is a bit of a risk. He has however been absolutely brilliantly and his finishing is on another level compared to the shower of shit our forwards have produced this year
I agree we have not had a very potent strike force and not just for this year
We haven't had a quality winger since Ronaldo left
Apart from Depay i can't remember us actually trying to get another one

The centre forwards have been knackered ex legend,shirt sellers such as Falcao and now the one season god Zlatan
Lingaard as a constant shows how medoicre(and cheap) the club is prepared to accept and the pilgrims and tourists accept it
The only other attempt that springs to mind is Di Maria who didn't expect to be with us,didn't want to be with us and only came because he believed Ed's lies that he was part of a quality team they were recruiting and next year will be a great year

I see two now signings up front but i have no idea how much Jose will allow Ed to do by himself
Ed just wants a Zlatan shirt seller and a number 7 shirt seller.
I believe that is the extent of his requirements up front

Giants14
International Player
International Player

Mon May 08, 2017 7:52 am

So far we are signing Griezmann, Mbappe, Lukaku, Belotti, and Aguero - that's not a bad forward line ;) :laugh: :laugh:
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Call Me: Ste

Mon May 08, 2017 8:24 pm

dont forget Bale :dance: :whistle:
My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Re: RE: Re: as the end of the season approaches what's next

Tue May 09, 2017 1:36 am

RedSte wrote:dont forget Bale :dance: :whistle:
Morata...
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

joze ruis
International Player
International Player

Tue May 09, 2017 3:13 pm

there are strong rumors about James...he's not excatly my cup of tea but i aknowledge he's a very good player.

If rumors are to be believed ( which is rarely ) Walker is leaving Spurs, would love to have him here.

we need a lot of players so i dont even know where to begin with my wishes :geek: Van Dijk , Bakayoko, Mbappe , Kroos ( if/when DeGea leaves for Real )...

Giants14
International Player
International Player

Wed May 10, 2017 10:00 am

Walker is decent but don't think he's worth the 35m that they are talking about - Valencia can do the RB for another couple of seasons.

Realistically I think we need CB, CDM,CM. ST x2

----------------------DDG-----------------------------
Valencia--------Bailly---------?-----------Shaw?--
---------------?------Pogba-----?----------------------
Griezmann?------------ST--------------------MickyT

Don't know whats going to happen with Shaw - Herrera has done a great job for us but think Jose will go for a Matic type midfield general and a playmaker - modric esqe.

Gonna cost a lot lol

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Wed May 10, 2017 8:16 pm

It's realistically too early for the Silly Season to be starting but...

Goal Keeper
Player App Age
DeGea 44(0) 26 Keep - The #1 priority should be keeping him, make him the highest paid GK in football. If he does go to RM then Varane should be part of deal - not just cash.

Romea 15(0) 29 Keep - He is a decent backup and appears to be content being a backup. If De Gea does move on Romero could fillin but it would be one hell of a gamble.

Defenders
Player App Age
Bailly 33(1) 23 Keep - A great find, had a very good first season in the PL and makes whoever he is paired with into a better player.

Jones 21(2) 25 Gone - Shot hisself in the foot (pun intended) with his latest injury and extended recovery. If he does stay it will be because we could not find a buyer but I don't think Mourinho will trust or count on him.

Rojo 35(6) 27 Keep - Even recovering from an injury he has earn a chance with the team next season. He could be very useful if he can get back to this seasons form around January. He is a CD and should NOT be played at LB.

Smalling 26(5) 27 Gone - He needs to be moved on.

Blind 31(5) 27 Keep - A very decent squad player and should be kept.

Shaw 17(2) 21 Keep - I would like to see him given another year but If the right offer comes in I think he will be moved. A better replacement should be in place before moving him.

Fosu-Mensah 3(7) 19 Keep - At times he looks like he has all the talent needed to be successful in the premiership and at others he looks lackadaisical.

Valencia 39(2) 31 Keep - Has really come into his own as a RB over the last couple of seasons. With the correct handling, he has a couple of years left in him but we should be grooming his replacement.

Darmian 23(3) 27 Keep – He came to United as a very intelligent Italian defender, he had looked good in Seria A as part of a three-man back line and Van Gall had just had a great world cup using that formation. The three-man back line didn't work at United and Darmina never appeared to find a position he could make his. He is a decent defender when that's all he is asked to do but when ask to contribute on offense his defense suffers.

Tuanzebe 1(2) 19 Keep - I hope he gets a few chances between now and the end of the season.

Midfielders
Player App Age
Pogba 46(2) 24 Keep - Needs to be the cornerstone around who the team is built

Lingard 25(13) 24 Keep - He has a role to play on this team, at least for the next few years.

Carrick 29(5) 35 Keep - Still has a part to play even if his minutes get fewer than this season.

Herrera 42(4) 27 Keep - Just might be our best player this season and a future captain.

Fellaini 25(19) 29 Keep - He is a role player, who gives his all each time out but I believe that Mourinho will find a more skillful and athletic player next season.

Attacking Midfielders
Player App Age
Mata 30(9) 29 Keep – He add that little bit of flair and magic that this side is missing. The type of player that makes others around him better.

Young 15(8) 31 Gone – At his best he is a journeyman and fits a role, but there are better players available to fill that role.

Mkhitaryan 27(10) 28 Keep – I have been very disappointed with him since just after the Christmas games. At times, he looks to by bordering on world class and then just disappears and plays very ordinary. I also get the impression that Mourinho is losing patience with him and that not a good thing.

Strikers
Player App Age
Zlatan 41(5) 35 Gone – If he does re-signed he will have to be willing not to take top billing and accept being a role player. He could be a valuable player us down the stretch.

Rooney 22(12) 31 Gone- He is not even a shadow of the player he used to be and I cannot see him wanting to hang around for another year like this one.

Martial 26(12) 21 Keep - Do whatever is needed to keep this youngster.

Rashford 28(21) 19 Keep - Do whatever is needed to keep this youngster.

Besides replacing those iI think should be Gone we will need to add player in the midfield and maybe another CD depending on the prognosis of Rojo.

Busy time ahead.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Thu May 11, 2017 12:12 am

I disagree about Darmian, should be passed on quicker than a curry after a night out

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thu May 11, 2017 8:44 am

Giants14 wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 7:52 am
So far we are signing Griezmann, Mbappe, Lukaku, Belotti, and Aguero - that's not a bad forward line ;) :laugh: :laugh:
I seriously believe you should store this post and check how many of this great forward line actually arrive

Going on to Barry's well thought out post i can summarise that i agree with most of his comments other than Darmian who is shit.There is no nice way of saying anything else
I have never been sure what the obsession of this forum is about when they defend very average fullbacks like the buy one get one free twins and Darmian and Shaw
We haven't had a top quality natural fullback for many years at this club
Currently playing with two converted wingers in Valencia and Young and a cripple in Shaw
Shaw will stay around next season as he only has one year left on his contract and i can't see anybody taking him after his injury coupled with all the other injuries he has had this season.Possibly caused by protecting his old injury
He won't pass a medical anywhere else and he won't get the salary he is on at United so stay he will
United won't replace him as that costs money and fullbacks don't sell shirts

So Barry's squad was 19 players
Knock out possibly Darmian and put "one last season" Shaw and you are 17
Of that 5 are squad players Romeo,Blind Tuanzabe,Fosu-Mensah and Lingaard and now you are 12
Valencia and Carrick are moving towards the end so that's 10
Quite startling how many players we need especially if i am correct that sooner or later we are going to be in the having a laugh league again next season and playing 50-60 games again

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Thu May 11, 2017 6:39 pm

My thinking on Darmian was that we have so many other position that should be prioritized that between him, Shaw and Blind we could probably get by. The LB position would not be a position of strength for us.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Sat May 13, 2017 12:14 am

redmaria wrote:

I have never been sure what the obsession of this forum is about when they defend very average fullbacks like the buy one get one free twins and Darmian and Shaw
Probably no different to you defending the below average, worse than shit Fellaini. If ever there was a representation of the level of mediocrity this club has come to accept, its him

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sun May 14, 2017 12:00 pm

Sandies wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 12:14 am
redmaria wrote:

Probably no different to you defending the below average, worse than shit Fellaini. If ever there was a representation of the level of mediocrity this club has come to accept, its him
But that's the point
Fellaini didn't demand to join us
Scouse Ed chased him and ended up overpaying for him
That's not fellaini's fault

But to go back on track keep an eye on the timings coming up
With many of the clubs in Europe at the end of their season bar a couple of finals some are already announcing who they are letting go
City have told Zaballeta he can go etc

All the top clubs will clear out quickly and buy replacements asap
Will we?
Will it be the usual rumour mill and whispers right up to two weeks before the transfer window closes when we buy a young Dutch or french or german kid nobody has heard of
Talk will be of a 100 million(but actually 30 million plus add ons
All the wait and see todger bangers will appear as usual and the Chinese will have a new god

Chelsea will meantime buy one top quality proven player and City will buy anybody that they believe will make them better and at the level of Silva,de Bruyne,Navas
City currently work with a 26 man squad they are constantly trying to improve

United have a 23 man squad which Jose has said he wants to reduce to 20 whilst at the same time complaining about how many games he has to play
Well Jose when we are back next season in the having a laugh league,as we surely will one way or another you can't complain can you

I watch the transfer market for the 6-9 players everybody i know suggests we need and that's if we manage to hold on to DDG and Martial
Or will they be cashed in?

Giants14
International Player
International Player

Tue May 16, 2017 10:47 am

joze ruis
International Player
International Player

Tue May 16, 2017 11:39 am

James rumor is everywhere and now even on reliable Sky. i'm not sure he's the right guy for us but at least he has got end product unlike many of our players. If we do get him i hope Di Maria debacle wont repeat itself

Giants14
International Player
International Player

Tue May 16, 2017 12:02 pm

joze ruis wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 11:39 am
James rumor is everywhere and now even on reliable Sky. i'm not sure he's the right guy for us but at least he has got end product unlike many of our players. If we do get him i hope Di Maria debacle wont repeat itself
I think Van Gaal ruined Di Maria - he was electric at the start of the season then Louis got his mitts on him - Di Maria needed to be let loose not reigned in - he then couldn't be arsed.

I would love to see James in a united shirt but need more. Aubameyang is the latest striker we've been linked with :laugh:

Return to “Transfers, Speculation & Rumours”