Loading...
Next Match: Image
Basel in the Champions League.
Wednesday 22nd November 2017, KO 19:45 UTC.
User avatar
Giants14
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1449
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:43 am

Re: Transfer Windows 1st July 2017 - 31st August 2017

Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:29 am

dbecks07 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:20 am
Rumors of Bale, Sanchez and Mahrez - who would you choose?
Sanchez - every day of the week - class act. I think he'll have the impact RVP did, if he goes to City they'll win the league - same for us imo

Mahrez - I don't really rate him that highly to be honest - I don't think he'll take us to another level however we really need a winger - id rather have him than no-one

Bale - just cant see it happening


Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

dbecks07
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1759
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:09 pm

Re: Transfer Windows 1st July 2017 - 31st August 2017

Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:18 pm

I'm leaning towards Bale - just World Class and a proven winner playing at the highest level. Injuries and dealing with Madrid are the negatives here

Mahrez has proved to be a vital part of a EPL winning team so he has the pedigree and will definitely give us something on the right - cheap and easy to get IMO

Sanchez might be the one as you say - Wanting to leave, and can be an upgrade to Mata in our current team - perfect replacement

User avatar
joze ruis
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1115
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:23 pm

Re: Transfer Windows 1st July 2017 - 31st August 2017

Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:48 pm

rumor has it we offered 35m + Smalling for Sanchez

User avatar
Dante
Referee
Referee
Posts: 8324
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:16 pm

Re: Transfer Windows 1st July 2017 - 31st August 2017

Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:56 pm

We should offer Smalling, telling them it's Evans.
Image

User avatar
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 5951
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am
Call Me: Ben

Re: Transfer Windows 1st July 2017 - 31st August 2017

Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:39 pm

Liverpool have agreed a 40 mil fee for Oxlaide Chamberlain. He turned down Chelsea earlier in the week. Chelsea seem to have had a rough transfer window.

But too be honest, I'm not sure I quite understand the appeal of the OX anyway, especially at that price with his contract almost up.
"Make America Great Again!"

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee
Posts: 8215
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:55 pm
Call Me: Daddy

Re: Transfer Windows 1st July 2017 - 31st August 2017

Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:03 pm

Again, English player tax. He's a decent player but nowhere near top 4 club starter. Just another one of those players you see all the time who at some point may have been able to be a really good player but didn't. Welbeck, Walcott, Ramsey, Sturridge etc
100% Top Red

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Posts: 9124
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:40 am
Call Me: Ste

Re: Transfer Windows 1st July 2017 - 31st August 2017

Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:47 pm

Pedant alert: Ramsey isn't English :P
My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

User avatar
Glorio
International Player
International Player
Posts: 2139
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:36 am

Re: Transfer Windows 1st July 2017 - 31st August 2017

Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:28 am

Short Back and Sides wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:03 pm
Again, English player tax. He's a decent player but nowhere near top 4 club starter. Just another one of those players you see all the time who at some point may have been able to be a really good player but didn't. Welbeck, Walcott, Ramsey, Sturridge etc
I wouldn't put Aaron Ramsey in that group - the guy is class
There is only one GOLDEN BOY

User avatar
marcus leong
Referee
Referee
Posts: 6021
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:31 am

Re: Transfer Windows 1st July 2017 - 31st August 2017

Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:57 am

Dante wrote:We should offer Smalling, telling them it's Evans.
haha..earlier it was reported Arsenal interested in smalling. So offering him make sense.
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

User avatar
marcus leong
Referee
Referee
Posts: 6021
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:31 am

Re: Transfer Windows 1st July 2017 - 31st August 2017

Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:58 am

Relly wrote:Liverpool have agreed a 40 mil fee for Oxlaide Chamberlain. He turned down Chelsea earlier in the week. Chelsea seem to have had a rough transfer window.

But too be honest, I'm not sure I quite understand the appeal of the OX anyway, especially at that price with his contract almost up.
Same here. He apparently chose liverpool cause he want to play in CM.
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

dbecks07
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1759
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:09 pm

Re: Transfer Windows 1st July 2017 - 31st August 2017

Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:13 am

marcus leong wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:58 am
Relly wrote:Liverpool have agreed a 40 mil fee for Oxlaide Chamberlain. He turned down Chelsea earlier in the week. Chelsea seem to have had a rough transfer window.

But too be honest, I'm not sure I quite understand the appeal of the OX anyway, especially at that price with his contract almost up.
Same here. He apparently chose liverpool cause he want to play in CM.
Guess he wants to be exactly like his hero and doesn't want to win the league so this is the right move :laugh:

Image

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee
Posts: 8215
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:55 pm
Call Me: Daddy

Re: Transfer Windows 1st July 2017 - 31st August 2017

Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:15 am

Glorio wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:28 am
Short Back and Sides wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:03 pm
Again, English player tax. He's a decent player but nowhere near top 4 club starter. Just another one of those players you see all the time who at some point may have been able to be a really good player but didn't. Welbeck, Walcott, Ramsey, Sturridge etc
I wouldn't put Aaron Ramsey in that group - the guy is class
He's shown odd glimpses of being a decent player but with injuries comes inconsistency therefore he has nowhere near shown his potential. Also did you see him against Liverpool? Very little class on show
100% Top Red

User avatar
JonSnow
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:11 am

Re: Transfer Windows 1st July 2017 - 31st August 2017

Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:23 am

Will we see any more additions before today's deadline ends? Rumours are flying for every team! lol


User avatar
Dante
Referee
Referee
Posts: 8324
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:16 pm

Re: Transfer Windows 1st July 2017 - 31st August 2017

Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:34 am

Grab your dildos, it's transfer deadline day!
Image

User avatar
joze ruis
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1115
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:23 pm

Re: Transfer Windows 1st July 2017 - 31st August 2017

Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:46 am

sadly i don't own a dildo

User avatar
Dante
Referee
Referee
Posts: 8324
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:16 pm

Re: Transfer Windows 1st July 2017 - 31st August 2017

Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:01 am

You can borrow one from this chap.

phpBB [video]
Image

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee
Posts: 8215
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:55 pm
Call Me: Daddy

Re: Transfer Windows 1st July 2017 - 31st August 2017

Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:40 am

JonSnow wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:23 am
Will we see any more additions before today's deadline ends? Rumours are flying for every team! lol

In today's market that is peanuts. He's probably worth nearly double that
100% Top Red

User avatar
Giants14
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1449
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:43 am

Re: Transfer Windows 1st July 2017 - 31st August 2017

Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:47 am

I really want us to sign a winger but looks increasingly likely we aren't doing any business - shame
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

dbecks07
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1759
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:09 pm

Re: Transfer Windows 1st July 2017 - 31st August 2017

Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:47 am

Mahrez going somewhere it seems...but where?

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201708 ... fac2ab.jpg

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee
Posts: 8215
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:55 pm
Call Me: Daddy

Re: Transfer Windows 1st July 2017 - 31st August 2017

Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:55 am

dbecks07 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:47 am
Mahrez going somewhere it seems...but where?

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201708 ... fac2ab.jpg
Don't see it being us signing him tbh. Seems like a Liverpool type signing
100% Top Red

User avatar
mikey
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 3080
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:28 am

Re: Transfer Windows 1st July 2017 - 31st August 2017

Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:44 am

Short Back and Sides wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:40 am
JonSnow wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:23 am
Will we see any more additions before today's deadline ends? Rumours are flying for every team! lol

In today's market that is peanuts. He's probably worth nearly double that
Doesn't he have around a £75m buyout clause?

User avatar
mikey
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 3080
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:28 am

Re: Transfer Windows 1st July 2017 - 31st August 2017

Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:46 am

Just looked, 74 million.
Not for a minute suggesting this will happen, but a 50 mil bid would test the water to see if there's any legs in this transfer, and then follow it by meeting his buyout clause. But, this being United, and Ed being Ed, he'd follow it with a 35 mil bid.

User avatar
JonSnow
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:11 am

Re: Transfer Windows 1st July 2017 - 31st August 2017

Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:46 am

dbecks07 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:47 am
Mahrez going somewhere it seems...but where?

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201708 ... fac2ab.jpg
I read rumours and fan comments that Chelsea is a viable destination.

User avatar
Giants14
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1449
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:43 am

Re: Transfer Windows 1st July 2017 - 31st August 2017

Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:48 am

mikey wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:46 am
Just looked, 74 million.
Not for a minute suggesting this will happen, but a 50 mil bid would test the water to see if there's any legs in this transfer, and then follow it by meeting his buyout clause. But, this being United, and Ed being Ed, he'd follow it with a 35 mil bid.
Just meet the buyout clause - this guy looks like the mutts nuts.

You'd expect him to sign a new deal asap and increase that buy out considerably
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

dbecks07
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1759
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:09 pm

Re: Transfer Windows 1st July 2017 - 31st August 2017

Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:02 pm

JonSnow wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:46 am
dbecks07 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:47 am
Mahrez going somewhere it seems...but where?

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201708 ... fac2ab.jpg
I read rumours and fan comments that Chelsea is a viable destination.

Seems like everyone in the EPL is dodging Chelsea - Lukaku, Ox, Llorente

Return to “Transfers, Speculation & Rumours”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users