Loading...
Next Match: Image
Newcastle in the Premier League.
Saturday 18th November 2017, KO 17:30 UTC.
User avatar
Martin
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6461
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:22 pm

Re: Politics thread

Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:23 pm

Relly wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:47 pm
Richard Spencer is nothing, no one ever heard of him until the left started promoting him. I doubt him or his 6000 followers swung an election in which 130 million people voted.
People need the likes of Richard Spencer just so they can get outraged by him. Otherwise how will the world know how virtuous you are?

It's a poor interview as well, I don't know how you can be impressed by it.


Make football fabulous again!

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 484
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:20 am
Call Me: Incognito

Re: Politics thread

Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:35 pm

Martin wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:49 am
Why is he despicable?

Also he is more than likely right, what is the life expectancy of black people in the USA vs Africa for example?
Life expectancy is more directly correlated with technological advancement not the good life. It is only those who are aware of the convenience technology affords that are ultimately depressed for not having it. Case in point, look at poor Cuba's ( life expectancy ) then you wonder what the heck is going on with your argument. For your info, Cuba is reported to be predominantly black.

It is also not very objective to compare Blacks living in the US to those living in the entire impoverished continent of Africa (yours and Spencer's comparison). There is no way to know for sure what Mr Spencer is trying to convince on, but it doesn't pause him. So for his agenda to live on, he makes the leap. It is this palpable bias that repulses the reporter. I must reject your view simply because it is not well though out.
"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 484
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:20 am
Call Me: Incognito

Re: Politics thread

Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:44 pm

ivandaman wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:30 am
Hey Sandies weren't you also form South Africa??

Do you have anything to say about the systematic murders of farmers from European background? How's that black power working out for ya??

Also Richard Spencer raises some valid points. Europeans are losing control of their homelands and no one can deny that. They are being replaced by hoards of invaders from incompatible cultures who have no intention of integration and continuing european traditions and way of life.

All cultures have homelands that belong to them except Europeans. Japan is for Japanese, Africa is for Africans, China for Chinese, Middle east is for arabs and muslims, Latin America is for latinos (for now) but Europe is for everyf.ckingbody...

Sorry man it's matter of survival. You can't ask people from european background to ignore what's happening suppress their survival instincts and just accept this madness. It doesn't work that way and this is why people like Richard Spencer come to the fore.

The alt right is getting a momentum and not you or anyone else can do anything about it. Europeans have the right to exist in their own continent in their home countries, without being literally replaced and exterminated and constantly reminded about historical events that none of them was involved in. It's like sending me to jail because of something my great grandfather did.. WTF..

The race card and the slavery card are getting old and ridiculous and are purposely used as an excuse to play another card. "The perpetual victim" card.

If Europeans are so bad and evil why everyf.sckingbody wants to come and live in Europe and in countries based on european values (Canada, US, Australia, New Zealand" ???

If we are so bad, just stop bitching and complaining go somewhere else and leave us fornicate alone and build your utopias in the middle east, Asia and Africa. Plenty of space there and the climate is (arguably) better. Most Europeans don't hate anybody. They just want to be left alone and not be forced to deal with problems that originated somewhere else and were caused by someone else.
Wow, Ivan you really need to sit down or lie down. You do know that it was the Europeans who set off looking to discover lands that were already discovered in their own right and set about conquering and casting other "want alone" worlds in their visions and assumptions? Now you want everybody back in their corners? I hope you appreciate history for the sake of your stances. It might save you some serious stressing.
"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6080
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:15 am

Re: Politics thread

Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:25 pm

Relly wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:55 pm
Sandies wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:46 pm
ivandaman wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:11 pm
This board is a reflection of the "real" world . Different opinions that don't fit the leftist narrative and agenda are simply not tolerated and people who express unpopular opinions are being demonized, publicly shamed, ridiculed etc.

Many don't seem to understand that two people can have different political views and both still be nice and descent human beings.

I'm sure that many leftist and right wingers would react in a similar way if they have to help another human being. Politics are toxic and divisive and focus on our differences rather than on our common ground.
I wouldn't say "many"

Theres only one person on this board that has said that political views has changed how they see someone, how they thin theyre stupid and how they now respond to their football talk
But that wasn't about the politics. I said that despite Marcus having the opposite political views than me I still respect his opinions, here and in the football sections, because his posts are well thought out and researched. I said that thread changed my opinion of you (not that dramatically, it wasn't that high before) because you have shown your self to be susceptible to false information and unwilling to waver when the facts are put in your face.
Yes and when I have posts with research showing you wrong and also point out how you do exactly the same you conveniently ignore them or come up with some crap like "im not arguing anymore" or "you have shown your true colours."
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

User avatar
Martin
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6461
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:22 pm

Re: Politics thread

Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:07 am

RED3bution wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:35 pm
Life expectancy is more directly correlated with technological advancement not the good life.
More directly correlated =/= totally irrelevant

Generally in countries with better standards of living you will see a higher life expectancy.
It is only those who are aware of the convenience technology affords that are ultimately depressed for not having it. Case in point, look at poor Cuba's ( life expectancy ) then you wonder what the heck is going on with your argument.
There are exceptions to rules. An anomaly doesn't void the argument. This is a 'not all'.
It is also not very objective to compare Blacks living in the US to those living in the entire impoverished continent of Africa (yours and Spencer's comparison).
Comparison between blacks in Africa and the US is Spencer's not mine.

Also you're basically making the same point Spencer is here.
There is no way to know for sure what Mr Spencer is trying to convince on, but it doesn't pause him.
This doesn't make sense.
Make football fabulous again!

User avatar
ivandaman
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1913
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:13 am
Call Me: Da-Man-Ivan

Re: Politics thread

Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:44 am

RED3bution wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:44 pm


Wow, Ivan you really need to sit down or lie down. You do know that it was the Europeans who set off looking to discover lands that were already discovered in their own right and set about conquering and casting other "want alone" worlds in their visions and assumptions? Now you want everybody back in their corners? I hope you appreciate history for the sake of your stances. It might save you some serious stressing.
I think I already made it crystal clear that I feel no responsibility whatsoever regarding what some europeans did centuries ago. Also eastern Europe has no colonial or slavery history. In fact we were invaded by mongols, Ottoman turks, Romans etc.

No one is denying now the Mongols the right to a homeland. No one is holding Turkey accountable and telling them that they have to return Constantinople to Greece, and other territories to other countries. No one is telling the arab/muslims to get out of Lebanon

Those were different times. Ancient times. You CAN NOT blame only modern day europeans for what happened in the past. If you are going to do that then everyone else is guilty of something and the whole argument about "how bad europeans were/are" becomes even more ridiculous.

BTW Communism killed 100,000 people, Properties were confiscated, most of the intellectuals were killed, Families were ruined. Nations were destroyed. Do you see any of the former communist countries bitching and complaining and playing the victim card?? No. Some europeans have sad and turbolent history too, but we just move on and get on with life and try to rebuild and last but not least don't play the perpetual victim card.
To Be A Man UNITED Supporter IS NOT A Right! .... It is a Privilege.

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 484
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:20 am
Call Me: Incognito

Re: Politics thread

Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:52 am

Martin wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:07 am
RED3bution wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:35 pm
Life expectancy is more directly correlated with technological advancement not the good life.
More directly correlated =/= totally irrelevant

Generally in countries with better standards of living you will see a higher life expectancy.
I will concede this point for this section
It is only those who are aware of the convenience technology affords that are ultimately depressed for not having it. Case in point, look at poor Cuba's ( life expectancy ) then you wonder what the heck is going on with your argument.
There are exceptions to rules. An anomaly doesn't void the argument. This is a 'not all'.
I'm afraid the argument that I understand Spencer to be making is absolute, so an "anomaly" does void it. Did you hear him? Hitler was in the same position in !936, when he watched the "anomaly" of a black American athlete dent his own version of Aryan Supremacy, though Germany ended up with a majority of the medals on offer.
It is also not very objective to compare Blacks living in the US to those living in the entire impoverished continent of Africa (yours and Spencer's comparison).
Comparison between blacks in Africa and the US is Spencer's not mine.

Also you're basically making the same point Spencer is here.
I fail to see how I'm making his point.
There is no way to know for sure what Mr Spencer is trying to convince on, but it doesn't pause him.
This doesn't make sense. I'm saying that he cannot know if blacks would have been worse off if they weren't enslaved and transported to the US because it didn't play out that way. He has however pounced on the current evidence of impoverishment to make his case, neglecting other extraneous factors that contributed to it. This lack of knowledge does not stop him from advancing his agenda.
"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 484
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:20 am
Call Me: Incognito

Re: Politics thread

Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:10 am

ivandaman wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:44 am
RED3bution wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:44 pm


Wow, Ivan you really need to sit down or lie down. You do know that it was the Europeans who set off looking to discover lands that were already discovered in their own right and set about conquering and casting other "want alone" worlds in their visions and assumptions? Now you want everybody back in their corners? I hope you appreciate history for the sake of your stances. It might save you some serious stressing.
I think I already made it crystal clear that I feel no responsibility whatsoever regarding what some europeans did centuries ago. Also eastern Europe has no colonial or slavery history. In fact we were invaded by mongols, Ottoman turks, Romans etc.
Your stance does present a problem for this kind of forum, Ivan. i will let you be....
"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

User avatar
ivandaman
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1913
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:13 am
Call Me: Da-Man-Ivan

Re: Politics thread

Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:54 am

Good Idea Red.
Rock solid, irrefutable but inconvenient historical facts do present a problem for some people.

Oh and btw I meant 100,000,000 people were killed by communists not 100K.
To Be A Man UNITED Supporter IS NOT A Right! .... It is a Privilege.

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 484
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:20 am
Call Me: Incognito

Re: Politics thread

Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:36 pm

No you've misunderstood my reason. I am wondering in the scheme of things how this refusal to recognize (not take responsibility)the role of your ancestors (IN ANCIENT TIMES) would work if everyone was of the same mind. We would have historical facts without context. I couldn't possibly dent your argument with that kind of armor, hence my decision.
"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

User avatar
Dante
Referee
Referee
Posts: 8312
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:16 pm

Re: Politics thread

Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:21 pm

So the Government is falling apart, as we're nearly halfway into the most important negotiations in over half a century.
Image

User avatar
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 5949
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am
Call Me: Ben

Re: Politics thread

Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:42 pm

Sandies wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:25 pm
Relly wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:55 pm
Sandies wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:46 pm


I wouldn't say "many"

Theres only one person on this board that has said that political views has changed how they see someone, how they thin theyre stupid and how they now respond to their football talk
But that wasn't about the politics. I said that despite Marcus having the opposite political views than me I still respect his opinions, here and in the football sections, because his posts are well thought out and researched. I said that thread changed my opinion of you (not that dramatically, it wasn't that high before) because you have shown your self to be susceptible to false information and unwilling to waver when the facts are put in your face.
Yes and when I have posts with research showing you wrong and also point out how you do exactly the same you conveniently ignore them or come up with some crap like "im not arguing anymore" or "you have shown your true colours."
Look, I really don't want to be disgussing the issues in here anymore, but I presented you with the fact that ratings for the NFL are down almost 20% since people started kneeling and showed you pictures of half the stadiums full of empty seats and you just came up with factless guesses as to why each individual team had empty seats and completely ignored the undisputable fact that this protest shit has had a massive impact on the NFL.

And you still haven't addressed the Clinton scandels.
"Make America Great Again!"

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6080
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:15 am

Re: Politics thread

Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:24 am

No you showed me some shoddy blog of screen shots of games of shit teams that have won 2 games in the last 2 years. Rating have been decline for years now, a steady decline in the last 5 but that will upset the narrative. I also notice that one of the teams you posted had a full stadium on Sunday night now that they have a competent quarterback and play off chances, but dont tell the blog man.

On the other hand, imagine not watching a sport because 11 black men out of 1700 players hurt your feelings by sitting down for 45 seconds during a part of the game they dont even show for 11 of the 16 games each week. It's almost as if they're..wait for it... protesting.

Also imagine looking at black men trying to make a difference in the world and associating it with them hating the military. lol

Lets ignore that the NFL has this month alone already raised over 10 mil for the military. all those patriotic fans boycotting the NFL have to do is go o twitter and tweet the words #salutetoservice and they'd make a donation to the military (a campaign that has already raised 5 million) but nope lets pretend the NFL hates America with absolutely no logic behind it. (Lets also ignore that genuine military personnel and the police are behind the black movement campaign). Watch 1 game this november, just one, and see how committed the NFL is and always has been to the military.

When it comes to the NFL, youre just as clueless and assumptious as you claim others are about politics

But ill break it down for you, there are 5 teams right now who are playoff contenders, 3 of which were superbowl contenders, who have lost their QB's for the season, and are now accepting shoddy, bog standard, below CFL standard QB play and end their season in their primes rather than make one signing to fix their season.

And I dont exactly know what you want from me regarding the Clintons. They're corrupt as fornicate. When have I disputed that. When I have defended them. When have I shown any support for them. Where have I disputed any claims you have made about them (other than saying suicides are actually Clinton murders). Please show me

But well done on following the Trump supporter script book, replying to anything and everything with : "yeah but the Clintons ......! )
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

User avatar
Mushy peas
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1600
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:48 pm
Call Me: Christy

Re: Politics thread

Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:42 am

Relly wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:42 pm
Sandies wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:25 pm
Relly wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:55 pm

But that wasn't about the politics. I said that despite Marcus having the opposite political views than me I still respect his opinions, here and in the football sections, because his posts are well thought out and researched. I said that thread changed my opinion of you (not that dramatically, it wasn't that high before) because you have shown your self to be susceptible to false information and unwilling to waver when the facts are put in your face.
Yes and when I have posts with research showing you wrong and also point out how you do exactly the same you conveniently ignore them or come up with some crap like "im not arguing anymore" or "you have shown your true colours."
Look, I really don't want to be disgussing the issues in here anymore, but I presented you with the fact that ratings for the NFL are down almost 20% since people started kneeling and showed you pictures of half the stadiums full of empty seats and you just came up with factless guesses as to why each individual team had empty seats and completely ignored the undisputable fact that this protest shit has had a massive impact on the NFL.

And you still haven't addressed the Clinton scandels.
To be fair Relly your evidence is rather shoddy. As someone who knows nothing of the issue, some pictures are not going to convince me. You'd surely have to show attendance figures for the last few years and pinpoint where they've suddenly been going down. Some photos are not good evidence of what you're trying to claim.
FCUM- A right bunch of dicks.

Mushy Peas>Little Pea

User avatar
Mushy peas
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1600
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:48 pm
Call Me: Christy

Re: Politics thread

Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:08 am

I do find some things interesting about this. The protests themselves are a tricky one for me. Whenever looking objectively at the statistics for police shootings I don't actually see a bias in the shooting of black men. I think that has been referenced elsewhere. (It also makes me wonder about how the police are trained and why the often seem to escalate situations. Some of the videos -of all races- are very disturbing).

However, for me, this isn't where the story ends. Why has this gained traction? Yes for sure there are the always outraged portion of the left that enjoy playing the victim. But this isn't everyone. There's a lot of support for this movement. People are clearly angry and I don't think it's right to dismiss it. I'm not talking about the people high up within BLM (some of whom seem downright crazy). Just the regular people who seem to have had enough. They're not getting pissed off about nothing. I think it's naive to believe that racism is a thing of the past and that this couldn't exist in an institution such as a police department. It's not a stretch to believe that blacks could be mistreated and harassed by the police more often. I think that's why people are angry and why this thing has gained traction. For all of the progress that has occurred over the last few decades I can't say I'd want to change places with a black person there.

As for the reaction to the protests. It is quite laughable for me. The fetishization of the military in the US is at fever pitch. The people who have tried to act like this is somehow a slight to the military need to join my leftist friends in a safe space. For all the talk of the left needing people to be outraged about I've come to realise that a similar portion of the right needs offended people to be offended over.
FCUM- A right bunch of dicks.

Mushy Peas>Little Pea

User avatar
Dante
Referee
Referee
Posts: 8312
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:16 pm

Re: Politics thread

Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:05 pm

It's a man kneeling down for a bit. it's pretty easy to ignore if you want to. Reminds me of the poppy hysteria over here.

There are far more important things to worry about.
Image

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 484
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:20 am
Call Me: Incognito

Re: Politics thread

Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:44 pm

You'd think. However there's a culture war going on. There are American symbols that are very sensitized by the political Right media;Anthem, Flag, pledge of allegiance, Religion, Military, guns [no particular order]. Then you look at the other side and they have their own too;Sexism, animal rights, racism, police brutality, bullying, gun control....ok enough, lol.

Unfortunately, they both go at each other like nobody knows what they are talking about all the time.....
"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

User avatar
ivandaman
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1913
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:13 am
Call Me: Da-Man-Ivan

Re: Politics thread

Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:45 am

Spare 6 min for this video.
BPS is my favourite independent analysts btw.

Feel free to share your thoughts

To Be A Man UNITED Supporter IS NOT A Right! .... It is a Privilege.

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Posts: 9117
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:40 am
Call Me: Ste

Re: Politics thread

Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:05 pm

Another day, another (entirely preventable) mass murder in America :cry: (f) :x
My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6080
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:15 am

Re: Politics thread

Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:34 pm

RedSte wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:05 pm
Another day, another (entirely preventable) mass murder in America :cry: (f) :x
Ste its a little too soon to be politicising this tragedy
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6080
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:15 am

Re: Politics thread

Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:39 pm

On another note, Australia just voted yes to allow same sex marriage. Proud to be out of the stone ages :clap:
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

User avatar
Dante
Referee
Referee
Posts: 8312
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:16 pm

Re: Politics thread

Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:26 am

Aye, saw that, great news.

In less good news, the Zimbabwe situation doesn't look great.
Image

User avatar
ivandaman
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1913
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:13 am
Call Me: Da-Man-Ivan

Re: Politics thread

Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:11 am

Sandies wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:39 pm
On another note, Australia just voted yes to allow same sex marriage. Proud to be out of the stone ages :clap:
_______


Are you planning to take advantage of this new found freedom??
To Be A Man UNITED Supporter IS NOT A Right! .... It is a Privilege.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6080
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:15 am

Re: Politics thread

Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:03 am

I am, hoping ill be attending my best mates wedding in February
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

User avatar
ivandaman
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1913
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:13 am
Call Me: Da-Man-Ivan

Re: Politics thread

Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:23 pm

Sandies wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:03 am
I am, hoping ill be attending my best mates wedding in February
So you didn't get an invitation from your "best mate".. ?? you are "hoping"..??
To Be A Man UNITED Supporter IS NOT A Right! .... It is a Privilege.

Return to “Members Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users