Next Match: Image
Huddersfield in the Premier League.
Saturday 21st October 2017, KO 15:00 BST.
Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee
Call Me: Daddy

The Alcohol Thread

Tue May 21, 2013 7:05 pm

Thought I would start this thread as I remember making one a while ago but can't be arsed to find it.
What do you drink and how much?
I usually (during the football season) drink whatever lager is on tap wherever I go, but recently during games haven't drank. I used to drink anything from 10-20 pints on a night, but now I've stopped going out as much.
I'm sat here now chilling out after work drinking 2 desperados. Anyone like them? I think they're quite refreshing and a bit different.
I'm cutting down the amount I'm drinking, so was wondering what different stuff I could try as I will be more willing to spend a bit more on whatever I have to drink as the quantity will be a lot lower.
Maybe even mixes of different stuff etc that might be good.

100% Top Red

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Re: The Alcohol Thread

Tue May 21, 2013 7:21 pm

i drink beer and only beer. i just don't like the taste of other drinks and yes i do actually like the taste of beer before someone comes in and says 'you drink to get pissed'. yes i do drink to get pissed but i can get pissed off vodka quicker, so shut up.

desperados are alright for one ste but no more. plus they're strong (6%) so you get pissed off them too quickly. ok for summer though i guess.

my preferred beer of choice would be something like carling zest lime or coors light. something like that that i can drink loads of them and not lose control of what i'm doing.

i don't drink often, it's been a month now and i haven't even been trying to stop, i just haven't felt like it. i'm a binge drinker though to be honest. once i've had one then i want to carry on. i'd say i drink maybe once a month if that. i get shitfaced about once a year.
Make football fabulous again!

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Tue May 21, 2013 7:34 pm

By they're good for one do you mean a little sickly?
I do agree on that, but they're 5.5%. Not exactly gonna make you drunk after 6 or 7 as they're small.
Loads of people think that % means more alcohol regardless of size. People are so fornicate stupid with that. I remember not so long ago my mate got a load of stubbies for a couple of quid and they were 4% and he was like "You can get wasted off these for a few quid cos they're the same as a normal beer". He didn't get that only 4% of this small bottle was alcohol.
100% Top Red

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Tue May 21, 2013 7:34 pm

actually now that i've had a think i like aftershock as well.

it's good on nights out when you've had a few pints and fancy something different.

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Tue May 21, 2013 7:36 pm

Steve wrote:By they're good for one do you mean a little sickly?
yeah mate.
I do agree on that, but they're 5.5%. Not exactly gonna make you drunk after 6 or 7 as they're small.
5.9% http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... erados.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

unless they've lowered it like they did with stella.
Loads of people think that % means more alcohol regardless of size. People are so fornicate stupid with that. I remember not so long ago my mate got a load of stubbies for a couple of quid and they were 4% and he was like "You can get wasted off these for a few quid cos they're the same as a normal beer". He didn't get that only 4% of this small bottle was alcohol.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

t.d.
International Player
International Player

Tue May 21, 2013 7:40 pm

Don't drink any of the mainstream beers/layers. Usually support local brewers for both beer and cider. Whiskey I get locally and also vodka. If not getting local stuff then I stick to continental drinks. Krombacher, Erdinger, Kwak, Grimbergen, Maredsous...Like some English beers, Fuller's make nice stuff. Desperados are nice but get a bit sweet after a while. Also pretty weak compared to some of the Belgian beers I drink.
Break up the Union.

“Physics is to maths what sex is to masturbation.”
― Richard P. Feynman.

x(t) = Asin(ωt + φ)

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Tue May 21, 2013 7:44 pm

I like some blondes.

Hoergaarden is really nice
100% Top Red

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Tue May 21, 2013 7:47 pm

Martin wrote:actually now that i've had a think i like aftershock as well.

it's good on nights out when you've had a few pints and fancy something different.
You have that in shots?

Not a fan. Tbh only had it once when I was 16 in Newcastle. I downed half a bottle before I went out and was feeling awful all night but couldn't go back to the hotel cos i didn't have a key and was too fornicate to go back on my own.
100% Top Red

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Tue May 21, 2013 7:57 pm

shots usually but have had it in my pint before. was ok.

t.d.
International Player
International Player

Tue May 21, 2013 7:59 pm

Do you have those "revolution" bars where you live? They have bakewell tart favoured shots. F*ckin hanging.
Break up the Union.

― Richard P. Feynman.

x(t) = Asin(ωt + φ)

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Tue May 21, 2013 8:06 pm

Yeah a revs opened a couple of years ago. A bit poncy, don't tend to go there apart from maybe if I'm in town on a sunday they do 2 for 1 on all drinks.

Yeah they have loads of different flavoured vodka and rum. Some are really nice. I have tried cherry, errrrr. Thats it actually. Tried quite a few cocktails though. Some are nice.
100% Top Red

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Tue May 21, 2013 8:12 pm

anyone ever had chilli vodka? fornicate horrid.

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Tue May 21, 2013 8:15 pm

I've had a tiny taste of it. didn't like it at all.
100% Top Red

t.d.
International Player
International Player

Tue May 21, 2013 8:48 pm

At revs they have trays of five different flavored shots. Out of ten, two or three have horrible combos, so we played drinking games to see who would get the raw deal.

Haven't gotten pissed in a while. My exam is two weeks today so might get a few in...
Break up the Union.

― Richard P. Feynman.

x(t) = Asin(ωt + φ)

Matt
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Call Me: Matthew

Tue May 21, 2013 10:29 pm

Cisk (local) lager or vodka for me. Preferably Stolichnaya.

I would drink something else on occasions, but usually not.

Don't like wine at all.
You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

Wed May 22, 2013 9:15 am

Martin wrote:i drink beer and only beer. i just don't like the taste of other drinks and yes i do actually like the taste of beer before someone comes in and says 'you drink to get pissed'. yes i do drink to get pissed but i can get pissed off vodka quicker, so shut up.

desperados are alright for one ste but no more. plus they're strong (6%) so you get pissed off them too quickly. ok for summer though i guess.

my preferred beer of choice would be something like carling zest lime or coors light. something like that that i can drink loads of them and not lose control of what i'm doing.

i don't drink often, it's been a month now and i haven't even been trying to stop, i just haven't felt like it. i'm a binge drinker though to be honest. once i've had one then i want to carry on. i'd say i drink maybe once a month if that. i get shitfaced about once a year.
If your beer of choice is Coors light and carling zest lime then you clearly don't like the taste of beer. I drink beers that make most peoples heads snap back. I usually buy local beers, India pale ales are my favorite type. When I have people over and offer them one I always ask are you a beer drinker or a Coors light drinker, because if you are a Coors drinker you probably won't like this real beer. Personally I fornicate love the taste of beer, the stronger, hoppier and bitter the better, and its got to be at least 7 %. I just bought a kit to brew my own at home.
"Make America Great Again!"

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Wed May 22, 2013 11:54 am

Rellys right tbh.
Stuff like zest or coors light is a very mild beer taste. If you actually wanted the taste of beer you would be drinking ales. I like ales, but not on a night out.
Never made my own either, may consider it once I move into my own house rather than a rented flat.
When I'm older I want a cellar full of home mixes and stuff.
100% Top Red

t.d.
International Player
International Player

Wed May 22, 2013 12:54 pm

You don't have to drink Ales to get the good stuff. They have a deeper flavour but not always a nicer one.
Break up the Union.

― Richard P. Feynman.

x(t) = Asin(ωt + φ)

bilal
Trainee
Trainee
Call Me: bilal

Wed May 22, 2013 3:11 pm

Steve wrote:I like some blondes.

Hoergaarden is really nice
i love hoegaardens

AustinTXRed
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Scott

Wed May 22, 2013 4:29 pm

Martin wrote:anyone ever had chilli vodka? fornicate horrid.
Bacon vodka is just as bad.

I mainly stick to beer, fortunately in Texas we have a lot of local options, if I don't drink something local it'll be Guiness. Most of the time I'm drinking Shiner, Lone Star, Austin Amber, Third Shift, or something from South Austin Brewing.
Follow me on Twitter: @ScottASpecht

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Wed May 22, 2013 7:13 pm

Relly isn't right because I know i like the taste of beer. The reason I like the ones I named is because I can drink a few without feeling pissed.

I'm not a beer connoisseur by any means but I know I like the taste of beer. Why would I be drinking ales? Lager is also a beer.

AustinTXRed
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Scott

Thu May 23, 2013 2:45 am

I think knowing which range of beer you enjoy just means you're an experienced drinker...I usually do ambers or lighter, IPAs are too hoppy and bitter for me.
Follow me on Twitter: @ScottASpecht

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Thu May 23, 2013 7:08 am

Martin wrote:Relly isn't right because I know i like the taste of beer. The reason I like the ones I named is because I can drink a few without feeling pissed.

I'm not a beer connoisseur by any means but I know I like the taste of beer. Why would I be drinking ales? Lager is also a beer.
Martin I am not trying to be an ass but Coors light doesn't taste like beer. It tastes like someone took a shitty beer and then cut it half and half with water. You may like the taste of beer, I can't dispute that, but Coors light doesn't taste like beer and that I can say with absolute certainty.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Thu May 23, 2013 7:17 am

Beer is just about one of my favourite things in life, its not about getting drunk, I just love the flavour and the varieties.

But I also have another passion, Scotch. I have a pretty decent collection, Macallan 10 year and 15 year, the 10 is nice, an affordable everyday scotch, but the 15 is amazing. I also have a bottle of highland park 18, this is a very special occasion drink, I just love the smoky flavour. I have Dalmore 15 year as well, very nice and Glenfiddich 15 year, its good, but I got it before my pallet really developed. The liquor store accross the street from me has a tasting bar and I tried the Macallan 18, it can't get much better then that.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Thu May 23, 2013 7:39 am

This is my favourite beer, unfortunately most of you won't get to try it because its an Ontario beer, very hoppy, very nice. This is what I am drinking tonight, probably only Takhar can try it.

Return to “Members Lounge”