Next Match: Image
West Bromwich Albion in the Premier League.
Sunday 17th December 2017, KO 14:15 UTC.
Mushy peas
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Christy

Re: The Alcohol Thread

Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:40 pm

I don't know mate. I don't live in the UK. I don't see why there wouldn't be but I'm not an expert on these matters.

Edit: google search says there is. Here is one such beer http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/hop-back-e ... er/128029/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

apparently you can go very in depth when rating a beer.

FCUM- A right bunch of dicks.

Mushy Peas>Little Pea

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee
Call Me: Daddy

Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:34 am

Anyone tried bourbon flavoured beer or rum flavoured? fornicate!
100% Top Red

t.d.
International Player
International Player

Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:15 am

Had a few Stellas tonight. Glass bottles, obviously, 'cos I'm classy. :party: Nicer than I remember them being.
Break up the Union.

“Physics is to maths what sex is to masturbation.”
― Richard P. Feynman.

x(t) = Asin(ωt + φ)

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:09 am

I like Stella
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

mikey
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:34 pm

t.d.
International Player
International Player

Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:36 pm

Do they deliver?
Break up the Union.

― Richard P. Feynman.

x(t) = Asin(ωt + φ)

mikey
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:37 pm

Nah, just cider

t.d.
International Player
International Player

Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:14 am

Oh arf lol

Seriously though I would like to try their stuff
Break up the Union.

― Richard P. Feynman.

x(t) = Asin(ωt + φ)

mikey
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:02 am

They don't do mail order, but one of the stockists on this list might do:

http://themossciderproject.org/stockists/

Mushy peas
International Player
International Player

Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:45 pm

Had these two this afternoon. The dirt wolf was especially good.

Mushy Peas>Little Pea

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:51 pm

Has anyone drank King Goblin then? This is definitely my favourite beer now. Think Relly said he had it before.

http://i.imgur.com/3vDMo6R.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

4 for £5 is a #Bargain

My first posts on this thread lol.
Make football fabulous again!

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Max

Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:43 pm

Martin wrote:Has anyone drank King Goblin then? This is definitely my favourite beer now. Think Relly said he had it before.

http://i.imgur.com/3vDMo6R.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

4 for £5 is a #Bargain

My first posts on this thread lol.
Had a couple of bottles in London the other week. Tastes great. I also got some Old Speckled Hen's. Also great. A real adventure for anyone living in Germany. Our beer is good but boring.

Just had my very first bottle of German ale on my way home. I think it's the first German ale ever. Was a decent drink. Quite different to the usual stuff here, yet not on par at all with the real ales.

UNITED > ENGLAND

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:47 pm

SUBXERO wrote:Had a couple of bottles in London the other week. Tastes great. I also got some Old Speckled Hen's. Also great. A real adventure for anyone living in Germany. Our beer is good but boring.
This is high praise indeed coming from a German.

Have you tried the Hobgoblin? I've been meaning to but whenever I buy these I just get 4 King Goblin.
Just had my very first bottle of German ale on my way home. I think it's the first German ale ever. Was a decent drink. Quite different from the usual stuff here, yet not on par at all with the real ales.

Drank Becks before, but not that one.

Mushy peas
International Player
International Player

Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:50 pm

I haven't seen King Goblin before. I'm jealous of that 4 for 5 deal. I spent 8 quid on just those two beers I had.

Mushy Peas>Little Pea

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:18 pm

Are you in China?

Also you reckon you could get Dirtwolf in the UK? The ratings for this look good. 95% from almost 6,000 votes.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/345/99873/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

t.d.
International Player
International Player

Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:42 pm

German beer is not boring.
Break up the Union.

― Richard P. Feynman.

x(t) = Asin(ωt + φ)

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player

Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:43 pm

Martin wrote:This is high praise indeed coming from a German.
I wrote it cos I'm objective, I love to experience beer and and maybe cos I'm not German. Just living here. You will probably never ever happen to hear a good word from a German about non-German beer. English brew gets mocked far too often over here. We have an Irish pub nearby but apart from Guinness and Kilkenny there are barely any beers from the Isles being served. Of course there are original ales, too. Every now and then there is a small stock of NBA or London Pride but they are far from being popular.

Apart from the price there is nothing which could make me go for a German beer ahead of English. Here you can get a premium beer for 60p to 80p a bottle. These ales cost me more than the double.
Martin wrote:Have you tried the Hobgoblin? I've been meaning to but whenever I buy these I just get 4 King Goblin.
Oops... I think that's exactly what I got in London. Hobgoblin, yeah! Is there a big difference to King Goblin?
UNITED > ENGLAND

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:47 pm

I don't think there is much of a difference, I read a review comparing the two and they're both meant to be great beers. I think King Goblin is Hobgoblin but stronger and with a slightly different flavour.

I have never drank London Pride but Tryst recommended it once. What's it like?

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player

Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:06 pm

Martin wrote:I don't think there is much of a difference, I read a review comparing the two and they're both meant to be great beers. I think King Goblin is Hobgoblin but stronger and with a slightly different flavour.

I have never drank London Pride but Tryst recommended it once. What's it like?
Hm... Hard to compare it to others ales as I'm missing the ale experience needed. It's malt-dominated, sweet notes, even a bit of caramel, subtle bitterness, overall rather mild.
UNITED > ENGLAND

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:18 am

A bit different to most posts here. Im asking for a hangover cure pre drinking. Im going out with a few I used to work with several I havent seen for a good 18 months and I know its gonna end up being a long night.
I usually get some food on the way home and always have a pint of water before I go to bed. Any other tips though? Im gonna try and stick to either ale or lager but ale sometimes makes me feel a bit sickly if im drinking quite a bit and I sometimes end up on cider after that as I crave something a bit sweeter.
100% Top Red

Ydrah.Tom
International Player
International Player

Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:37 am

Plenty of water, Eat before you drink. The usual really. Be responsible.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:58 am

They said have cheese or milk before driking helps or just have some b complex pill.
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:17 pm

Ydrah.Tom wrote:. Be responsible.
If anyone remembers my AA thread last year, you will remember I had a few problems with this. Now I know when enough is enough. The fact is really, im gonna be out in the sun and will still be drinking a fair bit. Its gonna be a long evening. The other day i went to my mates and we shared a crate in his back garden. I got sun stroke and ended up feeling shit but not too pissed. I just cant really be arsed with a shit hangover tomorrow and was wondering if anyone has any different advice than the usual.
100% Top Red

Ydrah.Tom
International Player
International Player

Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:22 pm

Short Back and Sides wrote:
Ydrah.Tom wrote:. Be responsible.
If anyone remembers my AA thread last year, you will remember I had a few problems with this. Now I know when enough is enough. The fact is really, im gonna be out in the sun and will still be drinking a fair bit. Its gonna be a long evening. The other day i went to my mates and we shared a crate in his back garden. I got sun stroke and ended up feeling shit but not too pissed. I just cant really be arsed with a shit hangover tomorrow and was wondering if anyone has any different advice than the usual.
I didn't see that, but it's very brave of you to admit it.

Done it myself, very easy to get carried away to be fair. I gained a bit more respect for it after hurting someone I love a lot and never looked back. I hope it doesn't take the same experience for you too.

But yeah, if I go out I just have a couple, the other good idea would be (say if you're drinking lager) having the occasional non alcoholic lager during the night. Becks blue is the one I use but I'm sure others are available. The non alcoholic beers don't taste like ass anymore.

People don't give grief to people having the odd round off from alcohol. Even my most alcoholic friends stopped calling me a miserable tosser when I started drinking the Becks blue on nights out.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:48 pm

Short Back and Sides wrote:A bit different to most posts here. Im asking for a hangover cure pre drinking. Im going out with a few I used to work with several I havent seen for a good 18 months and I know its gonna end up being a long night.
I usually get some food on the way home and always have a pint of water before I go to bed. Any other tips though? Im gonna try and stick to either ale or lager but ale sometimes makes me feel a bit sickly if im drinking quite a bit and I sometimes end up on cider after that as I crave something a bit sweeter.
There isn't really much advice that will help bar try and pace yourself.

Certainly eat well before you start on the booze. If you have eaten then your stomach has to break down the food, which will slow the rate at which the alcohol is absorbed by your body, giving your liver a chance to break it down. I guess on this note , have some crisps every round too.

If you go for a non alcoholic drink (water or otherwise) every other round, you'll also give your body a chance to process the alcohol.

Return to “Members Lounge”