Next Match: Image
AZ Alkmaar in the Europa League.
Thursday 12th December 2019, KO 20:00 UTC.
Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Re: Facial hair part 2

Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:10 pm

Glorio wrote:
SUBXERO wrote:
Short Back and Sides wrote:I've been in a relationship since I started growing one, but since mine grew to a noticeable level, I have had more female attention when I've been out.
Can only confirm!

Fair play. I always thought growing a big beard made one look more interesting and could lead to more female "attention"in social settings. However, I'm curious. In relation to actual intercourse - particularly if in a stable relationship (after she's over the initial curiosity of the mysterious, brooding bearded guy), do they find it uncomfortable, or distracting, or in the way? Or could it even add extra excitement?
If you're that curious, grow one yourself!

100% Top Red

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:20 pm

Short Back and Sides wrote:
Glorio wrote:
SUBXERO wrote: Can only confirm!

Fair play. I always thought growing a big beard made one look more interesting and could lead to more female "attention"in social settings. However, I'm curious. In relation to actual intercourse - particularly if in a stable relationship (after she's over the initial curiosity of the mysterious, brooding bearded guy), do they find it uncomfortable, or distracting, or in the way? Or could it even add extra excitement?
If you're that curious, grow one yourself!

lol! I doubt I'd be dedicated to growing a beard that big with all the "work" that would entail. Also, big beards are not usually a good look (and too much hassle) for black guys. I have a beard but it's trim. Just side burns leading to a small goatie

There is only one GOLDEN BOY

Matt
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:43 pm

Kimbo Slice disagrees

You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:12 am

Matt wrote:Kimbo Slice disagrees

Do you like that look? I don't but I guess every man to their own. I think his being bald actually helps him marginally pull it off

There is only one GOLDEN BOY

t.d.
International Player
International Player

Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:59 am

Still does my bonce in that my beard doesn't grow around the mouth area. At least not at the same rate as the rest of my beard nor with the same 'consistency'. It's borderline bumfluff.

x(t) = Asin(ωt + φ)

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:37 am

Don't you have like bloody hair though?

100% Top Red

t.d.
International Player
International Player

Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:21 pm

No blood in my hair, no.

x(t) = Asin(ωt + φ)

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:33 pm

I've had my phone on autocorrect for a bit now. Does my head in. Makes me make mistakes with words that probably aren't words but makes me spell things right when I'm rushing on my phone. It's a catch 22

100% Top Red

t.d.
International Player
International Player

Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:44 pm

Did you mean body?

I hate autocorrelation...but ye it's annoying especially with swipe keyboard.

x(t) = Asin(ωt + φ)

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:07 pm

No not body, blondy

100% Top Red

t.d.
International Player
International Player

Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:51 am

Ah. Then no lol. I have brown hair.

x(t) = Asin(ωt + φ)

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:59 pm

Just been to a proper Turkish barbers. Usually go to one close to me that costs a fiver but doesn't do my hair very good. Usually just get a two back and sides and a trim on top never had my beard trimmed. The Turkish guy did a mint job on my hair only cost two quid more and they took ages to do it, looks a lot more precise. He trimmed my beard to for an extra three quid. Looks so much neater. Will post a pic soon

100% Top Red

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:02 pm

Picture doesn't do it justice tbh. Also I've noticed the beard makes my face look quite fat from certain angles

100% Top Red

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:14 pm

Short Back and Sides wrote:Just been to a proper Turkish barbers. Usually go to one close to me that costs a fiver but doesn't do my hair very good. Usually just get a two back and sides and a trim on top never had my beard trimmed. The Turkish guy did a mint job on my hair only cost two quid more and they took ages to do it, looks a lot more precise. He trimmed my beard to for an extra three quid. Looks so much neater. Will post a pic soon
Turks don't fornicate around. If you're having a fade or anything like that they are spot on. Good shape ups with them blades as well.

Quality.

You look like you listen to Heavy Metal btw.

Make football fabulous again!

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:18 pm

Martin wrote:
Short Back and Sides wrote:Just been to a proper Turkish barbers. Usually go to one close to me that costs a fiver but doesn't do my hair very good. Usually just get a two back and sides and a trim on top never had my beard trimmed. The Turkish guy did a mint job on my hair only cost two quid more and they took ages to do it, looks a lot more precise. He trimmed my beard to for an extra three quid. Looks so much neater. Will post a pic soon
Turks don't fornicate around. If you're having a fade or anything like that they are spot on. Good shape ups with them blades as well.

Quality.

You look like you listen to Heavy Metal btw.
Is it cos I'm white?

Yeah it was quality. Used a nibble all the way round then used a cut throat razor across my face and neck.
Got loads of matted bits of beard under my chin too. Feels brilliant. My hair looked fornicate shit when I went in. I have really curly natural hair and I'd let it get too long

100% Top Red

marcus leong
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:46 am

Short Back and Sides wrote:Image

Picture doesn't do it justice tbh. Also I've noticed the beard makes my face look quite fat from certain angles
No...fat makes you look fat.Image

Looking good there.

Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

t.d.
International Player
International Player

Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:17 am

Beard looks class mate. I actually trimmed mine yesterday. Looks severe. Hadn't trimmed for a month and a half to two months and took it down to #4. Makes me look 4 years younger.

x(t) = Asin(ωt + φ)

mikey
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:32 pm

Just shaved it off on the spur of a moment decision. Looks like somebody has surgically removed my chin :( :cry:

Matt
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:18 pm

Trimmed as i had really rough edges. Feeling too short.

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:49 am

So just to update I wasn't keen on how I got it cut all that time ago at the barbers. They made it far too neat tbh. Been cutting it myself. They kind of rounded the edges whereas I wanted a more square look at the bottom. Anyone still got a beard.
I've also noticed since I've been single and going out more etc I get a lot more female attention than ever

100% Top Red

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:55 am

That was about 2 months back so it's obviously grown since then but I've been trimming quite often. Not too keen on getting any bigger anymore tbh

100% Top Red

mikey
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:04 pm

Yeah, I grew mine back while I was in Portugal, but i'm keeping it shorter than I had it previously. When I had it longer, I had a job interview via video conference, where I was broadcast on a massive screen in front of 8 people in a room. I'm certain that I didn't get the job because I had an out of control, full on beard, going on, which was exaggerated because my head was about 18ft wide. It was a job talking to people on ferry crossings about whales and dolphins etc, and then reeling them in to pay to join the conservation organisation in question. Appearances would have been important. Considering that around the same time I was tagged in a photo on facebook and got comments like 'you look like a Hells Angel' etc, then i think my theory definitely holds some water.

Matt
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:31 pm

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:20 pm

Ste you look like a hipster m8.

Make football fabulous again!

Matt
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:52 pm

Had the barnet style, but it pissed me off with doing it every day for work, and it's mostly hot over here. It's become fashion, and hipsters aren't fashionable.

Return to “Members Lounge”