Next Match: Image
West Bromwich Albion in the Premier League.
Sunday 17th December 2017, KO 14:15 UTC.
Mushy peas
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Christy

Re: Politics thread

Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:12 pm

Ivan, one question mark usually does the trick. Unless you're a fancy Spanish bastard who insists on upside down ones too.

FCUM- A right bunch of dicks.

Mushy Peas>Little Pea

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Incognito

Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:54 pm

ivandaman wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:23 pm
Sandies wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:03 am
I am, hoping ill be attending my best mates wedding in February
So you didn't get an invitation from your "best mate".. ?? you are "hoping"..??
He might have scheduling conflicts. Not exactly sure what you're hoping to sound like.....
"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:10 pm

RED3bution wrote:
ivandaman wrote:
Sandies wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:03 am
I am, hoping ill be attending my best mates wedding in February
He might have scheduling conflicts. Not exactly sure what you're hoping to sound like.....
Someone with a sense of humor. You should learn to pick up on those cues, life might be more enjoyable.
"Make America Great Again!"

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:48 pm

To be fair, the joke ended after the first post
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:56 pm

this is really sad.
Whatever you think of the guy, this is just unnecessary and pointless

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/11 ... ts-us/amp/

I’m guessing poor old Donny junior was getting bored again and needed a new “sport” to play

You honestly feel like he’s doing things these days just to spite Obama

Dante
Referee
Referee

Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:53 pm

Mushy peas wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:12 pm
Ivan, one question mark usually does the trick. Unless you're a fancy Spanish bastard who insists on upside down ones too.
This is why we voted to leave, bloody Spaniards, with their poncy upside down question marks.

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Incognito

Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:12 am

Relly wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:10 pm
RED3bution wrote:
ivandaman wrote:

Someone with a sense of humor. You should learn to pick up on those cues, life might be more enjoyable.
Lol. I do more than some people I know care for. Perhaps that kind of humor tickles you but it got me scratching my head. It seemed to me like Sandies was expressing some genuine hope that some factors would resolve making it possible for him to attend his best friend's wedding.
"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

Dante
Referee
Referee

Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:35 am

Looks like this might actually be the end of Mugabe, as thousands of people have demonstrated in Harare calling for him to go.

Also, Scottish Labour have voted for Richard Leonard as new leader, in a vote which saw a 62.3% turnout, Leonard won a 56.7% share, with centrist opponent Sarwar on 43.3%. This should see Scottish Labour returning to their left wing roots, and bring them in line with the national party. IMO it's great news for Labours chances north of the border.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:05 pm

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Call Me: Ste

Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:03 pm

I assume that that's something that every shade of political opinion on the board can be happy about...
My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

Mushy peas
International Player
International Player

Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:08 pm

That's optimistic Ste.

I do wonder if much will change though.

Mushy Peas>Little Pea

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:49 am

I wonder who advised him that retweeting extremist murders was a good idea

ivandaman
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Da-Man-Ivan

Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:17 pm

Sandies wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:49 am
I wonder who advised him that retweeting extremist murders was a good idea
By "extremist murders" you mean ISLAM ? Right?
To Be A Man UNITED Supporter IS NOT A Right! .... It is a Privilege.

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:20 pm

tbf (sort of) Trump would have no idea who Britain First are. He just retweets stuff from those he follows, in this case Ann Coulter I believe. No checking of content, or factuality of said content etc etc. Just keep pouring out the message "be afraid of brown people, be afraid of Mexicans, be afraid of anyone 'other than you' " and it works dosent it.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:57 am

Blindly re-tweeting things is still a stupid thing for a leader of a country to do.

Anyway, to things that actually matter - despite having had 18 months since the referendum, and Brexiters having had years to come up with a solution to the Irish border question, we still don't have one. Problem seems to be the UK government is still trying to handwave on details, whereas understandably, Ireland wants specifics.

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:42 pm

LOL the DUP have just stitched May up big time.

God knows where Brexit goes from here?!

Dante
Referee
Referee

Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:05 pm

Ah, so those Brexit impact studies that the PM has read summaries of because the full ones have excruciating detail apparently don't exist!

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:48 am

Lets do some real research. This is an incredible and eye opening article

https://www.si.com/sportsperson/2017/12 ... -donations

Lets not forget what this man was called. Lets not forget how many Americans celebrate the fact this man is unemployed

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:05 pm

He donated to a charity honouring a convicted cop killer.

Personally I crack a smile every time I think about that piece of shit not playing.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:20 am

Very enjoyable watching Fox news after their pedo loses the Alabama race :lol:

Dante
Referee
Referee

Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:39 am

I don't understand why they didn't drop him. They would have won with anyone else.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:53 pm

Dante wrote:
I don't understand why they didn't drop him. They would have won with anyone else.
They couldn't have, their only option would have been a write in candidate and the odds of enough people doing that weren't good.

I wish they could have replaced him, I wasn't a big fan, but at the same time in the US there is a presumption of innocence until proven guilty. And in the end there was really only two women accusing him of something illegal and their was a lot of question marks around their claims.

But now all the progressives can cheer because they have someone who will champion murdering babies up until they day they are born. Progressivism wins this round!

Dante
Referee
Referee

Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:59 pm

Leaving aside the emotive language, that isn't his position on abortion. Frankly it's not the position of anyone in mainstream politics:

"To be clear, I fully support a woman's freedom to choose to what happens to her own body. That is an intensely, intensely personal decision that only she, in consultation with her god, her doctor, her partner or family, that's her choice.

"Having said that, the law for decades has been that late-term procedures are generally restricted except in the case of medical necessity. That's what I support. I don't see any changes in that. It is a personal decision."

Which is perfectly fair. The amount of abortions performed after 21 weeks are vanishingly small, and are generally related to the health of the mother. The bulk of those that aren't are because the child would be born with a severe disability.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:58 am

Relly wrote:
Dante wrote:
They couldn't have, their only option would have been a write in candidate and the odds of enough people doing that weren't good.

I wish they could have replaced him, I wasn't a big fan, but at the same time in the US there is a presumption of innocence until proven guilty. And in the end there was really only two women accusing him of something illegal and their was a lot of question marks around their claims.

But now all the progressives can cheer because they have someone who will champion murdering babies up until they day they are born. Progressivism wins this round!
Its Alabama, anyone would have won. Republicans were pretty keen on removing Moore but guess who then endorsed him.

If it wasnt the kiddy touching got him (despite admitting he had relationships with 16 year olds - just not forced and being banned from going to malls), it wouldve been throwing the gays in jail, supporting slavery or banning muslims from the country that would have.

The fact that it was close despite that tells you what you need to know

And as for your last line, Dante took care of that

Mushy peas
International Player
International Player

Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:13 pm

Relly wrote:
Dante wrote:

Really I like reading different opinions and enjoy yours usually whether I agree with it or not but sometimes you say things that make you sound silly.

Also regardless of sexual misconduct Mr. Moore doesn't seem like a great candidate to be in government to me:

"On August 1, 2001, Justice Moore unveiled a 5,280-pound (2,400 kg) block of granite with the Ten Commandments engraved on it, installed during the middle of the preceding night without the knowledge of the other Alabama Supreme Court justices."

Mushy Peas>Little Pea

Return to “Members Lounge”