Next Match: Image
Newcastle in the Premier League.
Saturday 18th November 2017, KO 17:30 UTC.
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

Re: Politics thread

Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:45 am

RED3bution wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:48 pm
Relly wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:35 am
The republicans want to treat minorities like fellow Americans, the dems want to treat them like minorities, which sounds more racist in that scenario? It's so plain as day but the left have convinced themselves they are morally superior and it's completely blinded them.
Behave..... maybe it's because they din't fare so well when treated like fellow Americans that created political opportunity. It's kinda the same way Democrats want to treat White Supremacist acts of extreme violence as Terrorism but the Republicans want to treat them like Patriotism. We know that whoever is on the side of a morally superior position can claim in that instance to have a morally superior outlook on that issue. We can debate the morality if you can but during the American Civil war, the North felt morally superior because of the very acts the South was insisting was State Rights, the Right to deny a race their human Rights against everything the Constitution implied and expressed. It is simply supremacist thinking and morally void.
This is the problem with America, morons like you have convinced yourself that the entire Republican party are white supremacist. Find me one quote of a Republican politician endorsing the kkk or white supremacist and I'll find you a hundred that denounce them. Also I will find photos of dems killing black people for being black, see if you can find any of republicans doing that.

"Make America Great Again!"

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Incognito

Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:17 pm

I speak in generalities just as you do. Keep your shirt on......

I understand there are Republicans who do not support White Supremacy, but get your mind out of the party name construct, it is ideology that ulitmately directs party politics. The Dems can go Left or Right as well as the Republicans, the thing is that the Republicans are moving more towards the extreme right as the dems move towards the center from the Left. This has invited them(Republicans) to defend or condone by silence their constituents who are have more extreme political views. This has been well documented in intelligence reports about extremism from the Right being a more clear and present danger than religious extremism.
"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:21 am

Thought this might be worth posting.
Make football fabulous again!

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:11 am

Relly wrote:
RED3bution wrote:
Relly wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:35 am
The republicans want to treat minorities like fellow Americans, the dems want to treat them like minorities, which sounds more racist in that scenario? It's so plain as day but the left have convinced themselves they are morally superior and it's completely blinded them.
Behave..... maybe it's because they din't fare so well when treated like fellow Americans that created political opportunity. It's kinda the same way Democrats want to treat White Supremacist acts of extreme violence as Terrorism but the Republicans want to treat them like Patriotism. We know that whoever is on the side of a morally superior position can claim in that instance to have a morally superior outlook on that issue. We can debate the morality if you can but during the American Civil war, the North felt morally superior because of the very acts the South was insisting was State Rights, the Right to deny a race their human Rights against everything the Constitution implied and expressed. It is simply supremacist thinking and morally void.
This is the problem with America, morons like you have convinced yourself that the entire Republican party are white supremacist. Find me one quote of a Republican politician endorsing the kkk or white supremacist and I'll find you a hundred that denounce them. Also I will find photos of dems killing black people for being black, see if you can find any of republicans doing that.
Please do. Thanks
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:17 am

So Trump just went against traditional processes to pardon a sheriff who was tried and convicted as a racist in a fair trial in court. A man who was so fornicate racist even the white population couldnt deal with his reign anymore

I honestly dare anyone to tell me that Trump isn't racist. You can say what you like about the man and whether hes doing a good job or not, but i dare you to tell me hes not racist

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:09 am

Martin wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:21 am

Thought this might be worth posting.
Lol....I think those guys are lazy and biased."Both sides" argument is palliative, if it must be used with respect to a moral issue, you must go further than that. An outright condemnation should be in order. The meaning there could be implied that Trump expects more from protesters and anti-protesters but he should then go ahead and condemn, as a matter of personal opinion, the beliefs of the Neo Nazi's and allied. It's very simple to me-his delivery was poor and did not go far enough in casting the issue in a moral light. [Euphemisms intended].
"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:19 am

RED3bution wrote:

I understand there are Republicans who do not support White Supremacy, but get your mind out of the party name construct, it is ideology that ulitmately directs party politics. The Dems can go Left or Right as well as the Republicans, the thing is that the Republicans are moving more towards the extreme right as the dems move towards the center from the Left. This has invited them(Republicans) to defend or condone by silence their constituents who are have more extreme political views. This has been well documented in intelligence reports about extremism from the Right being a more clear and present danger than religious extremism.
This is so much under bullshit I won't waste my time.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:23 am

Sandies wrote:
So Trump just went against traditional processes to pardon a sheriff who was tried and convicted as a racist in a fair trial in court. A man who was so fornicate racist even the white population couldnt deal with his reign anymore

I honestly dare anyone to tell me that Trump isn't racist. You can say what you like about the man and whether hes doing a good job or not, but i dare you to tell me hes not racist
Racist, racist, everyone I don't like is a racist.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:25 am

Sandies wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:11 am
Relly wrote:
RED3bution wrote:

Please do. Thanks
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynchin ... ted_States

There are 4 pics right at the top of the page

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:46 am

Relly wrote:
Sandies wrote:

Defend this decision, please do

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:16 pm

Relly wrote:
Sandies wrote:

Incorrect Ben - Trump is a racist first and then I don't like him.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:12 am

ArizonaRed wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:16 pm
Relly wrote:
Sandies wrote:

Incorrect Ben - Trump is a racist first and then I don't like him.
I can see how replying like a 5 year old in an argument is the only way to defend this decision

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Call Me: Ste

Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:42 pm

Relly wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:19 am
RED3bution wrote:

This is so much under bullshit I won't waste my time.

Come on ben. This was actually a well thought out postulation of the state of US party politics.

I actually feel a bit sorry for the (normal) Republicans. They're stuck with a looney tunes president wearing their "badge" - they really really don't want to defend/support him, but if they don't then they'd basically cause such a schism in the party that they wouldn't win another POTUS election for at least the next 12 years! :think:
My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:49 pm

@RedSte, I don't think words get to Ben. I try to argue with him to expose the poor source of news I believe he uses to form his beliefs. I'd like to have him on my side but he seems quite bent on eating the candy wrapper and throwing away the candy, such is the type of diet he has cultivated. He makes some valid points such as the need for US politics to swing back to the common folk but invests his time too heavily, imo chasing the wrong approach through the wrong person.
Unfortunately, or fortunately democracy only works when the voters are INFORMED. In fact it has been called poetic in that it puts the tool of destruction in the very hands of the people to gain from its blessings. We are seeing wave after wave of disinformation, anti-intellectual movements that whip up emotions and let whatever else that follows come. Careful times my friend, Trump has made it cool to not be logical and unfortunately he has some staunch followers.
I consider myself independent on the liberal side by the way.....

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:11 am

Nothing like using a national state of emergency and pretend its a rally where the victims are there to see you. Or trying to cover the release of a racist brutal tyrant

Oh no wait, none of that happened. it's fake news

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:46 am

Sandies wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:11 am
Nothing like using a national state of emergency and pretend its a rally where the victims are there to see you. Or trying to cover the release of a racist brutal tyrant

Oh no wait, none of that happened. it's fake news
I agree with all you said about Trump inserting himself in the "eye" of the Hurricane. He can't really help himself but he is in a bad spot right now, doomed if he does and doomed of he doesn't. He chose his stake and is driving it into his heart while enjoying himself.

Sherrif Joe is a different kettle of fish. He's very conservative and I used to live in Maricoppa county where his methods were used. I don't quite think brutal is the word for him but he was insensitive to the plight of the people he policed. He lost the trust of the Hispanic community if he ever had it and resorted to blanket immigration sweeps in trying to control crime, believing like Trump that the bottom of society's cess pool would be found in there. Despite his much vaunted profile he's not much of a presence. I call him short and tough talking, insecure, choosing to travel in minority communitites with an entourage of commando-like police squad and usually in a military-styled convoy.

It is in Trump's absolute power as president to pardon whomever he sees fit and how he uses it, while it may be controversial is certainly not illegal. I think with the recent use of the pardon his is in line with the political nature of it all.
However, he could have waited for him to get sentenced before doing that and it still wouldn't have changed a thing. It was a power move but he is empowered to use it.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:28 pm

But Trumps a racist because Hillary Clinton and CNN said so

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:37 am

Relly wrote:

But Trumps a racist. because Hillary Clinton and CNN said so
Fixed. InforWars again :oops: :shock: :?

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:03 pm

Did you watch it? Or just disregard it because of your preconceived notions?

Remember that time when Trump got an award, along side Rosa Parks, for his contribution to the black community? How racist was that eh?

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:06 pm

Relly wrote:

But Trumps a racist because Hillary Clinton and CNN said so
Wtf did this video proved???
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:44 pm

That this impending race war being pushed by the left and MSM is bullshit. Most people aren't racist, including Donald Trump. Or did he look racist to you when he was kissing black babies or taking selfies with black people that were thrilled to meet him?

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Call Me: Ste

Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:50 pm

He was doing the usual stuff that p[oliticians do on the campaign (or at a major event/disaster). Great PR (Y)

I watched despite my better instincts when I saw it was an "Alex Jones production" - usual stuff but wtf was all that about "the left want race hate"?!? I thought the left were always criticise by the (alt) right for being oversensitive about racism? - genuinely bewildered!
My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:53 pm

Relly wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:03 pm
Did you watch it? Or just disregard it because of your preconceived notions?

Remember that time when Trump got an award, along side Rosa Parks, for his contribution to the black community? How racist was that eh?
I actually watch more of it than I usually do for an Alex Jones production but in the end it was his usual hate filled bullshit. It was his standard fair; make any statement he want that will get clicks from his supporters without any proof, or even logic, and then when no one attempts to disprove his lies he uses that to justify his statements as the truth.

As for Trump hisself; he was much better coached this time than his last attempt at meeting the people. his action, deeds and words make a liar out of his every time.

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:04 pm

Alex Jones is like thrush. Irritating birth canal.

Did you see the piece John Oliver did about him?

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:59 am

Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

Return to “Members Lounge”