Loading...
Next Match: Image
Liverpool in the Premier League.
Sunday 16th December 2018, KO 16:00 UTC.
Sandies
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6334
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:15 am

Re: Politics thread

Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:52 am

You’d think with all his racial bating about the national anthem, Trump would learn the words of the national anthem when going live during a televised championship game


"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

User avatar
Dante
Referee
Referee
Posts: 8680
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:16 pm

Re: Politics thread

Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:30 pm

Sigmar wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:42 am
Relly wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:29 am
Sigmar wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:28 pm
Politics, the only profession ? where idiots get well paid
I literally just made a post saying newbies don't come into this thread. And two days later, for the first time in 2 years of the thread a newbie posts in here.

Thanks for shitting all over my point there Sigmar :P
If there is one thing sure in life it is to expect the unexpected
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.


Image

User avatar
Mushy peas
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:48 pm

Re: Politics thread

Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:13 pm

Sandies wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:52 am
You’d think with all his racial bating about the national anthem, Trump would learn the words of the national anthem when going live during a televised championship game
To be fair mate, at this stage, you wouldn't think that.


FCUM- A right bunch of dicks.

Mushy Peas>Little Pea

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Posts: 9566
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:40 am

Re: Politics thread

Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:32 pm

That actually made me LOL peas


My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6334
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:15 am

Re: Politics thread

Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:54 am

“Staffers inside the White House aren't that worried about Trump's "shithole" remark -- with some predicting it will actually resonate with his base, not alienate it, much like his attacks on NFL players who kneel during the national anthem did.“

What a sad sorry state we live in when this is actually true


"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6334
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:15 am

Re: Politics thread

Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:55 am

Mushy peas wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:13 pm
Sandies wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:52 am
You’d think with all his racial bating about the national anthem, Trump would learn the words of the national anthem when going live during a televised championship game
To be fair mate, at this stage, you wouldn't think that.

😂😂😂


"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

User avatar
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6262
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am

Re: Politics thread

Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:25 pm

Sandies wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:54 am
“Staffers inside the White House aren't that worried about Trump's "shithole" remark -- with some predicting it will actually resonate with his base, not alienate it, much like his attacks on NFL players who kneel during the national anthem did.“

What a sad sorry state we live in when this is actually true
Why ?? Some countries are shitholes, that's why everyone wants to leave them. Why is the left so offended by the truth?


"Make America Great Again!"

User avatar
Sigmar
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:36 pm

Re: Politics thread

Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:34 pm

Some people consider Trump as a breath of fresh air in this politically correct world, he is a akin to our own Duke of Edinburgh, says what he likes and doesn't give a shit who he upsets.


Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 669
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:20 am

Re: Politics thread

Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:50 pm

Relly wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:25 pm
Sandies wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:54 am
“Staffers inside the White House aren't that worried about Trump's "shithole" remark -- with some predicting it will actually resonate with his base, not alienate it, much like his attacks on NFL players who kneel during the national anthem did.“

What a sad sorry state we live in when this is actually true
Why ?? Some countries are shitholes, that's why everyone wants to leave them. Why is the left so offended by the truth?
I agree with you and Trump that some countries are indeed "shitholes" and by that I hope you mean poor and struggling. I do not agree with you though that it's his "tendency" to tell the truth that made him say that.
If he's so enchanted by the truth why does he lie so much?


"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

User avatar
Sigmar
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:36 pm

Re: Politics thread

Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:56 pm

RED3bution wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:50 pm
Relly wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:25 pm
Sandies wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:54 am
“Staffers inside the White House aren't that worried about Trump's "shithole" remark -- with some predicting it will actually resonate with his base, not alienate it, much like his attacks on NFL players who kneel during the national anthem did.“

What a sad sorry state we live in when this is actually true
Why ?? Some countries are shitholes, that's why everyone wants to leave them. Why is the left so offended by the truth?
I agree with you and Trump that some countries are indeed "shitholes" and by that I hope you mean poor and struggling. I do not agree with you though that it's his "tendency" to tell the truth that made him say that.
If he's so enchanted by the truth why does he lie so much?
Are you suggesting that politicians tell the truth, ? Bush and WMD come to mind to name just one !


Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 669
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:20 am

Re: Politics thread

Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:03 pm

@ Sigmar, not quite, but Trump is not really a politician (though he is political) same way as the Duke of Edingburgh. Add to that, the office of the US president is supposed to be largely apolitical, hence why people often accuse him of not being presidential (in his utterances and mannerisms). I think he'd sooner praise Obama than become presidential.


"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

User avatar
ivandaman
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1973
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:13 am

Re: Politics thread

Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:26 pm

What Trump is doing (whether on purpose or not) is destroying political correctness and taboos one tweet or word at a time, which enables people to discuss topics that until recently were generally off limits. He did the same thing awhile back when he mentioned Sweden and initially all the libtards lost their shlth0les, but as time went on, overwhelming evidence became public and proved that Sweden does in fact have serious social problems and demographic issues caused by insane suicidal policies promoting multiculturalism and allowing mass muslim invasion in the country.
Trump was right then and he is right now whether we like to admit it or not.


To Be A Man UNITED Supporter IS NOT A Right! .... It is a Privilege.

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 669
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:20 am

Re: Politics thread

Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:32 am

ivandaman wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:26 pm
What Trump is doing (whether on purpose or not) is destroying political correctness and taboos one tweet or word at a time, which enables people to discuss topics that until recently were generally off limits. He did the same thing awhile back when he mentioned Sweden and initially all the libtards lost their shlth0les, but as time went on, overwhelming evidence became public and proved that Sweden does in fact have serious social problems and demographic issues caused by insane suicidal policies promoting multiculturalism and allowing mass muslim invasion in the country.
Trump was right then and he is right now whether we like to admit it or not.
Sounds like Sanders.....it's spreading, the spin fever.

If the point of this post is to say that Trump is usually right, then yes I agree he does tend to be Republican.


"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 669
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:20 am

Re: Politics thread

Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:43 pm

Republicans are so memodramatic.....


"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

User avatar
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6262
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am

Re: Politics thread

Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:37 pm

RED3bution wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:43 pm
Republicans are so memodramatic.....
And democrats are rotten to the core and now it's finally exposed.


"Make America Great Again!"

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 669
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:20 am

Re: Politics thread

Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:50 pm

If you were referring to the memo I respectfully disagree. The only thing it exposed is that Trump and Nunes are feeling the heat...I encourage you to actually read it....again(edit)


"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

User avatar
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6262
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am

Re: Politics thread

Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:52 pm

RED3bution wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:50 pm
If you were referring to the memo I respectfully disagree. The only thing it exposed is that Trump and Nunes are feeling the heat...I encourage you to actually read it....again(edit)
I've read it, what fornicate world are you living in?


"Make America Great Again!"

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 669
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:20 am

Re: Politics thread

Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:08 am

Relly wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:52 pm
RED3bution wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:50 pm
If you were referring to the memo I respectfully disagree. The only thing it exposed is that Trump and Nunes are feeling the heat...I encourage you to actually read it....again(edit)
I've read it, what fornicate world are you living in?
Not literally but to make a show of releasing THAT is as desperate as it gets. I'm from Mars by the way, I gather you're from Trump World.

The central gist of the memo is that the FBI FISA-enabled investigation into Carter Page, also a Trump campaign associate, should not have happened because it was based on biased evidence, biased against Trump. Evidence are quotes or reports of from Steele and McCabe, the deputy FBI chief, soon to be ousted. Do you agree with this executive summary?


"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 669
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:20 am

Re: Politics thread

Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:24 pm

To borrow Sigmar's expression, I think I'd leave this here....
Warning-A long but interesting read.....

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... emo-216934


"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

User avatar
Sigmar
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:36 pm

Re: Politics thread

Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:11 pm

I hate politics and politicians, especially those who make a career out of it, and still balls it up.

On my planet the ruling authority has to keep it's promises, if they don't they get thrown out by the people who can have an elelction at any time they want, it cannot be refused.

Plus all of our politicians have to retire on their 110th birthday, this ensures that the country is being run by the people who earn the taxes, it's a very fair system.


Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 669
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:20 am

Re: Politics thread

Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:52 pm

So Robert Mueller aka the deep state prosecutor has turned up a number of Russian Nationals and agencies for their meddlesome role in the 2016 presidential elections that elected Don Trumpo!!! I wonder where he got all the evidence from. Ivan would tell us he is an IT geek and the election meddling is a "hail mary" for the sore loser dems. I wonder if Relly has lost his voice on this matter. I wonder if the world will end this year.....I wonder if I'll wonder like this ever again.


"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

User avatar
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6262
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am

Re: Politics thread

Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:44 pm

RED3bution wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:52 pm
So Robert Mueller aka the deep state prosecutor has turned up a number of Russian Nationals and agencies for their meddlesome role in the 2016 presidential elections that elected Don Trumpo!!! I wonder where he got all the evidence from. Ivan would tell us he is an IT geek and the election meddling is a "hail mary" for the sore loser dems. I wonder if Relly has lost his voice on this matter. I wonder if the world will end this year.....I wonder if I'll wonder like this ever again.
How dumb are you? I really don't want to insult you, but this is a legitimate question. Have you actually looked into this indictment? It's a group of Russian internet trolls that started in 2014, well before Trump ever announced his intentions to run. The indictment explicitly states there was no collusion between Trump and these people and the only interactions they had with anyone involved with Trump they concealed their identity and those people had no idea who they were. They also helped Bernie Sanders with their activity. also after the election they turned their attention against Trump, putting out anti-Trump stuff and trying to organize rallies in opposition to Trump. All this group wanted to do was essentially mess with US politics to introduce discord to it. And at the end of the day, no matter who they were helping or hindering there is zero evidence this group affected a single vote in the election. This indictment yesterday essentially puts an end to any suggestion their was any collusion whatsoever between Trump and Russia. But of course anyone with half a brain knew from the beginning this was an excuse concocted by Hillary to explain how she couldn't win a rigged election against a guy that so many people don't like. I know that must have been embarrassing for a woman who thought it was her right to be the president.


"Make America Great Again!"

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 669
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:20 am

Re: Politics thread

Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:50 am

Relly wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:44 pm
RED3bution wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:52 pm
So Robert Mueller aka the deep state prosecutor has turned up a number of Russian Nationals and agencies for their meddlesome role in the 2016 presidential elections that elected Don Trumpo!!! I wonder where he got all the evidence from. Ivan would tell us he is an IT geek and the election meddling is a "hail mary" for the sore loser dems. I wonder if Relly has lost his voice on this matter. I wonder if the world will end this year.....I wonder if I'll wonder like this ever again.
How dumb are you? I really don't want to insult you, but this is a legitimate question. Hey go right ahead, I don't mind some name-calling. On your question, I don't know what you've been having really but yes I am really dumb on certain days, but I try to keep up with your acrobatic logic.

Have you actually looked into this indictment? It's a group of Russian internet trolls that started in 2014, well before Trump ever announced his intentions to run. You surely can do better than this.I read a report of it but I can look again. With a lack of evidence either way all I can propose is that the Russian campaign if it was to be effective, must have required some time to set up, since it was a disinformation strategy for e.g They probably needed to embed and gain trust in online communities. Why not start the year prior to his announcement in advance? If Trump was being "groomed" not sure if you see how his "intentions" prior to announcement might have been already preplanned

The indictment explicitly states there was no collusion between Trump and these people and the only interactions they had with anyone involved with Trump they concealed their identity and those people had no idea who they were. I would like to see the part where the document explicitly says that there was no collusion between Trump and the indicted. I await your response
They also helped Bernie Sanders with their activity. also after the election they turned their attention against Trump, putting out anti-Trump stuff and trying to organize rallies in opposition to Trump. Indeed, you do recognize Sanders was running against Clinton and was regarded as a more beatable opponent. If they were trying to sabotage Trump after helping him win, wouldn't that strike you as a cover up?

All this group wanted to do was essentially mess with US politics to introduce discord to it. And at the end of the day, no matter who they were helping or hindering there is zero evidence this group affected a single vote in the election. This indictment yesterday essentially puts an end to any suggestion their was any collusion whatsoever between Trump and Russia. But of course anyone with half a brain knew from the beginning this was an excuse concocted by Hillary to explain how she couldn't win a rigged election against a guy that so many people don't like. I know that must have been embarrassing for a woman who thought it was her right to be the president. You're right about that sowing political discord, but you have to say that it's success was spectacular. It presupposes a sophisticated coordination but it still may have been the random golden trophy of some group of internet trolls who just wanted to sow political discord in the USA because it'd be fun.
Let me put it to you simple as a 5-yard back-pass, the question of collusion cannot exist if the question of meddling or interfering is not answered. You ok with this?


"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

User avatar
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6262
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am

Re: Politics thread

Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:33 pm

RED3bution wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:50 am
Relly wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:44 pm
RED3bution wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:52 pm
So Robert Mueller aka the deep state prosecutor has turned up a number of Russian Nationals and agencies for their meddlesome role in the 2016 presidential elections that elected Don Trumpo!!! I wonder where he got all the evidence from. Ivan would tell us he is an IT geek and the election meddling is a "hail mary" for the sore loser dems. I wonder if Relly has lost his voice on this matter. I wonder if the world will end this year.....I wonder if I'll wonder like this ever again.
How dumb are you? I really don't want to insult you, but this is a legitimate question. Hey go right ahead, I don't mind some name-calling. On your question, I don't know what you've been having really but yes I am really dumb on certain days, but I try to keep up with your acrobatic logic.

Have you actually looked into this indictment? It's a group of Russian internet trolls that started in 2014, well before Trump ever announced his intentions to run. You surely can do better than this.I read a report of it but I can look again. With a lack of evidence either way all I can propose is that the Russian campaign if it was to be effective, must have required some time to set up, since it was a disinformation strategy for e.g They probably needed to embed and gain trust in online communities. Why not start the year prior to his announcement in advance? If Trump was being "groomed" not sure if you see how his "intentions" prior to announcement might have been already preplanned

The indictment explicitly states there was no collusion between Trump and these people and the only interactions they had with anyone involved with Trump they concealed their identity and those people had no idea who they were. I would like to see the part where the document explicitly says that there was no collusion between Trump and the indicted. I await your response
They also helped Bernie Sanders with their activity. also after the election they turned their attention against Trump, putting out anti-Trump stuff and trying to organize rallies in opposition to Trump. Indeed, you do recognize Sanders was running against Clinton and was regarded as a more beatable opponent. If they were trying to sabotage Trump after helping him win, wouldn't that strike you as a cover up?

All this group wanted to do was essentially mess with US politics to introduce discord to it. And at the end of the day, no matter who they were helping or hindering there is zero evidence this group affected a single vote in the election. This indictment yesterday essentially puts an end to any suggestion their was any collusion whatsoever between Trump and Russia. But of course anyone with half a brain knew from the beginning this was an excuse concocted by Hillary to explain how she couldn't win a rigged election against a guy that so many people don't like. I know that must have been embarrassing for a woman who thought it was her right to be the president. You're right about that sowing political discord, but you have to say that it's success was spectacular. It presupposes a sophisticated coordination but it still may have been the random golden trophy of some group of internet trolls who just wanted to sow political discord in the USA because it'd be fun.
Let me put it to you simple as a 5-yard back-pass, the question of collusion cannot exist if the question of meddling or interfering is not answered. You ok with this?
You legitimately believe that Donald Trump, American businessman and TV star, worth billions of dollars, in the public spotlight for 30 years was a sleeping Russian agent, who had been laying low for years and in 2014 was activated by a group of Facebook trolls, hand the name Crooked Hillary from his Russian intelligence and was sent into the American election. That the Russians helped him beat a group of 17 of the best candidates that the republicans had to offer, guys who for years had expected to be serious contenders. Then they went out there and convinced all these people to show up at Trump rallies, put Trump signs and their yards and stickers on their cars and come November the Russians got all these extra americans out there to vote Donald Trump. If you actually believe this then you need to go to your nearest psychiatric hospital and check yourself in.

Here is Rosenstein's quote, a guy that isn't considered a friend of Trump said this;
“There’s no allegation in this indictment that any American had any knowledge. And the nature of the scheme was the kept defendants took extraordinary steps to make it appear that they were ordinary American political activists, even going so far as to base their activities on a virtual private network here in the United States so if anybody traced it back to the first jump, they appeared to be Americans.”
“There is no allegation in the indictment of any effect on the outcome of the election,” he also said.
Yes they tried to help Sanders too, again their only goal was to disrupt, they had no preferred candidate. And you do realize most experts, on the right and left, believe that Sanders would have had a better chance against Trump in the general election then Hillary. As much as I love Trump a big part of why he won is that people hated Hilary so much they didn't show up to vote for her. Even most of the celebs that were begging people to vote Hillary at the end initally hated her and supported Bernie.


"Make America Great Again!"

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 669
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:20 am

Re: Politics thread

Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:50 pm

My wife is a psychiatrist. I will ask her just before lunch how I'm doing.

Trump may or may not be an unwitting agent, that is a manipulated agent. The grooming I mentioned does not mean he signed with the KGB. He may have been blackmailed with the contents of that now infamous dossier to advance Russian interest. Intelligence is smoke and mirrors but their methods are pretty standard. I will leave you to add your layers of disbelief on this, I really cannot prove it.

Relly I can see you're a bit nervous for Trump and his political movement. I can assure you that even I am not sure what Trump is, I don't do well with people who are factually-challenged. Trump was denying that there was meddling and now he's saying no collusion with the meddling. There is a case for one, which if successful, can lay grounds for the other.

The Rosenstein quote you put up there is sadly not an explicit disproval of collusion. I do hope you are aware of legalese and I must assume that this is one of its numerous side effects. No fault of yours. The language there is saying that the case being brought forward has no grounds to establish nor does it seek to, collusion. It DOES NOT rule it out though since it cannot by virtue of what the case is about. The exact language has to do with the result of the election, which with or without collusion, could still remain unchanged.

Let me say this in a different language, if my lawyer brings a case to court that I am aggrieved of unfair blanket treatment by the police and indicts a number of police departmental officers, lower rank if you will, it doesn't mean that the very successful police chief is not involved with or did not benefit from that unfair policy or method of policing. They just don't have a case to make of it yet. They may or they may not find anything on further investigation. Before they can get to the top, they first have to prove the existence of this unfair policy. Are you ok with this?

I am confused why you insist they had no preferred candidate. No, while Sanders was at the top of a more liberal movement within the democratic party, he was still regarded as not being centric enough to beat the Republican candidate (Nobody thought Trump was going anywhere). You need a bit of a background knowledge on US main elections, not Primaries to appreciate this. The establishment felt that Hillary Clinton was their best bet and all the available metrics showed the same, different as things turned out.


"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

Return to “Members Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users