Loading...
Next Match: Image
Cardiff City in the Premier League.
Saturday 22nd December 2018, KO 17:30 UTC.
Sandies
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6334
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:15 am

Re: Politics thread

Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:21 am

Brett Kavanaugh seems like such a lovely bloke. Can see why Trump is keen on him


"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6334
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:15 am

Re: Politics thread

Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:45 am

It's such a scary time to be a privileged white male in America right now. All those women you raped years ago finally finding a voice to out you.

Much harder life than being an unarmed black man


"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

User avatar
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6264
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am

Re: Politics thread

Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:46 pm

Sandies wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:45 am
It's such a scary time to be a privileged white male in America right now. All those women you raped years ago finally finding a voice to out you.

Much harder life than being an unarmed black man
If you believe any of these allegations than you are dumber than I thought. Please provide one piece of evidence, out of any of these stories, that corroborates their claims.

Ford, probably the only somewhat credible accusation, has seen her story completely fall apart in the last few days. At this point she is probably just hoping no legal action will come against her. And that would be very generous because she broke a number of laws.


"Make America Great Again!"

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6334
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:15 am

Re: Politics thread

Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:12 pm

Relly wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:46 pm
Sandies wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:45 am
It's such a scary time to be a privileged white male in America right now. All those women you raped years ago finally finding a voice to out you.

Much harder life than being an unarmed black man
If you believe any of these allegations than you are dumber than I thought. Please provide one piece of evidence, out of any of these stories, that corroborates their claims.

Ford, probably the only somewhat credible accusation, has seen her story completely fall apart in the last few days. At this point she is probably just hoping no legal action will come against her. And that would be very generous because she broke a number of laws.
1 - It's not about belief. If you cant see how the reaction to this is an issue, you're even more oblivious and deluded than I thought
2 - If you can't see how the words "it's a troubling time to be a white male now" is an issue, you're even more brainwashed than I thought.

What exactly fell apart? Because a shoddy FBI investigation that didn't actually interview any of the witnesses outlined by Dr Ford didn't find anything. You can't spend your whole tenure attacking the FBI for everything and then turn around and take their word as gospel when it does go your way.

The ignorance behind this is incredible. Why didn't she come out sooner. Why don't all women. Well look how the fornicate PRESIDENT came out and mocked the victim to the world (just like he mocked POW's, Disabled journalists etc) and look how the white people (male and female) cheered him.


Problem to be a white male? Well not if you havent raped anyone. If you haven't, justice will do its course. And if you have, the new SCOTUS will protect you anyway and Trump supporters will ridicule to the point you cant live a normal life anymore. So dont worry white males, it's still a lot harder to be an unarmed black man or powerless female.

You'd think if you were innocent AND GOING UP FOR SCOTUS and you were accused you'd remain calm and welcome an investiagtion right? I mean thats what I would do if I was innocent with no shoddy past. Or qould you rather show to the world just how unhinged and angry you are by telling them how much you loved beer. Im guessing you'll call his speech emotional and powerful though because thats what Donny said

So again, if you can't see how the response to this was a problem, you're knee deep in the brainwashing.


I know you're going to respond with some retort against Trevor Noah because thats how Donny has normalised and taught Americans to respond to anyone who says anything a little bit bad against them but please watch this

https://www.facebook.com/BetweenTheScen ... 863617028/


"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

User avatar
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6264
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am

Re: Politics thread

Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:26 pm

You really don't understand the issue, so I will start from the beginning. And keep in mind you aren't American, as far as I know you have never even been there. Yes I am Canadian, but I grew up in a border town, I could get to the mall in the US faster than I could get to the mall in my town. I grew up watching exclusively American TV, listening to American radio, travelling into the US on a weekly basis. Yes I am not American, but I understand the country about as much as most American's do.

This whole thing is about power. The sole purpose of the Supreme Court is to uphold the constitution. Whether you want to admit it or not the constitution is the document that lays out how to run what has turned out to be the most advanced, powerful and innovative nation the world has ever known. After decades of turmoil Europe is now a stable place, largely due to the US and the UN, which is basically funded by the US. This is probably the only other area that could have advanced the world the way the US has, but without the US have the continent would be speaking German, so I highly doubt it. Less people are living in abject poverty around the world than ever before, cut in half in the last 30 years. This is again due to US ingenuity, peace keeping, fighting wars, humanitarian efforts, etc. It's not a perfect place, but its impact on the world is unprecedented and largely quite positive. The average American is living much longer and has many more excesses in life than ever before. Take a rich person from the 50 years ago and drop him in the home of an American that exists around the poverty line and they will be amazed by that persons car, big screen tv, air conditioning, cell phone, computer, etc. Yes it's not perfect, but it's pretty good by world standards.

So the document that designed this country should be protected and maintain its original intent or the US will cease to be this country anymore. The court is made up of 9 justices, the balance before Kavanaugh was 4 liberal justices appointed by dems, 4 conservative justices appointed by republicans and Kennedy, appointed by republicans, but turns out to be very liberal and usually sides with the liberal judges. The change from Kennedy to Kavanaugh now swings the court to a conservative dominance for the first time in a while. The reason this is important is because the right views the court as a way of protecting the constitution, the left views as a way of implementing left wing policy. Dirty little secret here, the left often doesn't have to support of the people to implement their policies, even with Obama as president, 6 of those years people voted in rep house and senate to quell Obama's influence, therefore they rely on the supreme court to institute their unpopular, and often unconstitutional policies such as abortion or Obamacare.

Even though Kavanaugh was never likely to touch Roe v Wade, he views precedent as untouchable law, the left feared that with losing control they will loss the right to abortion. By the way, even if Roe was overturned it would just return to the states, which is the way it's meant to be. So yes Alabama probably would have outlawed abortion, but Californians could still walk to their corner store to get one done.

Immediately after Kavanaugh was announced, a man with an impeccable record and an A+ rating from the bar, the dems immediately announced they would do whatever they had to do to prevent him from getting in. After going through, by far, the more stringent background check in supreme court history he came out with flying colours. The dems were desperate, they had nothing left, then comes this allegation.

Christine Ford, a Hillary supporter, an anti-Trumper, and woman's march attender, an abortion activist comes forward with her Abortion activist lawyer who with connections to the man who finances the Dems, George Soros. Her story was strategically leaked just before the confirmation forcing a delay, hopefully until after the midterms because the Dems were hoping to take back the house and senate. She delayed coming forward with her story for almost a couple weeks, stretching the timeline, getting closer to the midterms. She uses excuses about flying and whatnot. Eventually she agrees to testify. Meanwhile she names 3 witnesses to this event, one of which is her lifelong friend, all of them deny, infact the actually refute her story, under the threat of perjury.

She starts to testify, she announces she is a psychologist, which she isn't and it's against the law to claim you are when you aren’t She talks in a baby voice because this is known symptom of people with a history of sexual abuse. She tells a compelling story, missing almost every detail possible, often contradicting her previous statements, the party happened in early 80s, previously it was mid 80s, there were two men in the room, previously it was 4 men in the room. She admits to flying all over the world, even though she delayed testifying because she says she is scared to fly because she cannot be in confined spaces because of what Kavanaugh did to her. She claims she put a second door on the front of her house because she couldn’t be in a place with one exit for the same reason. This led to her and her husband going to therapy in 2012 because of this fighting and this is when she first mentions the alleged incident. Unfortunately records show she applied for the permit to put the second door in in 2008 and the work was complete in 2009. So many contradictions.

So the republicans cave and give her another investigation. People claim it was not thorough enough, they didn’t even interview Ford of Kavanaugh. No need, they gave their sworn statements under oath, they can’t change or they will perjure themselves. Meanwhile her lifelong friend that refuted her story reveals she was pressure by Ford and her people to change her story, she doesn’t.

So the vote passes, Susan Collins gives a brilliant speech laying out how the rule of law works and what a compelling candidate Kavanaugh is, she is spot on.

Naturally Ford immediately announces she won’t persue this. The only goal was preventing him from getting on the court. And the last thing she wants is an unlimited, unrestrained investigation into her. Hell even the dems and media appeared to stop believing her, that’s why the narrative shifted from her story, to his temperament and once throwing ice at someone.

If you don’t think it’s a dangerous world, and a dangerous precedent where any woman can make any claim about a man, with no evidence, and that man’s life will be forever ruined then I am truly shocked. I can provide a list of cases where women have falsely accused men of these crimes and destroyed many a promising life. Women are no more inherently honest then men. These kinds of accusations require evidence.

If you read this, I appreciate you taking the time.


"Make America Great Again!"

User avatar
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6264
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am

Re: Politics thread

Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:28 pm

Sandies wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:12 pm
Relly wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:46 pm
Sandies wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:45 am
It's such a scary time to be a privileged white male in America right now. All those women you raped years ago finally finding a voice to out you.

Much harder life than being an unarmed black man
If you believe any of these allegations than you are dumber than I thought. Please provide one piece of evidence, out of any of these stories, that corroborates their claims.

Ford, probably the only somewhat credible accusation, has seen her story completely fall apart in the last few days. At this point she is probably just hoping no legal action will come against her. And that would be very generous because she broke a number of laws.
1 - It's not about belief. If you cant see how the reaction to this is an issue, you're even more oblivious and deluded than I thought
2 - If you can't see how the words "it's a troubling time to be a white male now" is an issue, you're even more brainwashed than I thought.

What exactly fell apart? Because a shoddy FBI investigation that didn't actually interview any of the witnesses outlined by Dr Ford didn't find anything. You can't spend your whole tenure attacking the FBI for everything and then turn around and take their word as gospel when it does go your way.

The ignorance behind this is incredible. Why didn't she come out sooner. Why don't all women. Well look how the fornicate PRESIDENT came out and mocked the victim to the world (just like he mocked POW's, Disabled journalists etc) and look how the white people (male and female) cheered him.


Problem to be a white male? Well not if you havent raped anyone. If you haven't, justice will do its course. And if you have, the new SCOTUS will protect you anyway and Trump supporters will ridicule to the point you cant live a normal life anymore. So dont worry white males, it's still a lot harder to be an unarmed black man or powerless female.

You'd think if you were innocent AND GOING UP FOR SCOTUS and you were accused you'd remain calm and welcome an investiagtion right? I mean thats what I would do if I was innocent with no shoddy past. Or qould you rather show to the world just how unhinged and angry you are by telling them how much you loved beer. Im guessing you'll call his speech emotional and powerful though because thats what Donny said

So again, if you can't see how the response to this was a problem, you're knee deep in the brainwashing.


I know you're going to respond with some retort against Trevor Noah because thats how Donny has normalised and taught Americans to respond to anyone who says anything a little bit bad against them but please watch this

https://www.facebook.com/BetweenTheScen ... 863617028/
Just a few things from your post I might not have specifically addressed.

I'm not taking the word of the FBI as gospel, merely the fact there is zero evidence is enough for me. The FBI investigations help, but in fact the senate committee had more power than the FBI in this situation, so it was never necessary. Had this come out sooner, whether it was from Ford or the Dems, than there would have been plenty more time to investigate this claim. It's the fact that it came out at the 11th hour when there was no time that displayed the real motives behind this.

As far as mocking POWs, I assume you are taking about McCain? An evil man that I am not sure who hated more, Dems or Reps? I mean the Dem story changed at the very end because conveniently he was anti-Trump, but that man represented every negative aspect of American politics. A power hungry, war mongering Neo-con that's only goal was starting conflicts to line his pockets with kick backs from the military industrial complex. You know who else didn't like him? A lot of veterans. He was a fornicate up of a soldier and sung like a canary when caught.

As for the disabled journalist, keep repeating that he mock him, but that has been debunked. He has used that same motion to mock a hundred non-disabled people prior to that guy. Do you honestly believe Trump, saw this guys arms from a distance, threw a sea of people, and consciously choose to mock a disabled person in front of the world. Honestly think about it.

And he never mocked Ford, he just laid out the facts. Granted it wasn't done in the nicest way, but he was completely factual, and his statement swung the momentum to confirming Kavanaugh. It was a brilliant political move from him.

And as a South African, you should know more than anyone how white men are being treated in the world. I am not playing the victim card, but that is the only demographic of people that can be freely and openly mocked, insulted and threatened in public with no discord.


"Make America Great Again!"

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6334
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:15 am

Re: Politics thread

Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:38 pm

Will take me a while to reply because I'm flat out - but your last line about white males and south africans shows

1) Trump playing white males as the victim is scarier than first thought
2) The line about South Africa shows that any baseless unproven comment made by Trump is now just taken as fact by his fans. Absolutely no accountability for his lies


"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

User avatar
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6264
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am

Re: Politics thread

Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:27 pm

Sandies wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:38 pm
Will take me a while to reply because I'm flat out - but your last line about white males and south africans shows

1) Trump playing white males as the victim is scarier than first thought
2) The line about South Africa shows that any baseless unproven comment made by Trump is now just taken as fact by his fans. Absolutely no accountability for his lies
Genuinely I may have missed it, but literally have never heard Trump talk about white males being a victim.

I did hear, in a video, the leader of the opposition party in South Africa say they should kill all the whites. But I don't follow South African politics closely, so I am no expert.

But to be honest that was not something I ever brought up. I do believe white males are the target of a lot of hate right now, but I won't pretend it equals some of the injustices blacks faced in the past.


"Make America Great Again!"

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 671
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:20 am

Re: Politics thread

Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:44 pm

@Relly-I think your post is misleading. Kennedy is not a very liberal Justice. Unfortunate term there. He was considered a moderate because of his voting record on Swing votes. In other words when the Court was split 4-4 on any issue , he tended to side with the liberal Justices. This is not to say that he is liberal. MAJOR DIFFERENCE. He still had a majority conservative record.

Secondly Dr Blasey Ford has got to be a psychologist. I don't get your claim that she falsified what she did for a living, unaffected by perjury but would then seem be mindful of it (perjury) herself if the FBI came calling. Perhaps this was a typo.
Her lifelong friend did not deny her story sir. She said she could not corroborate her description of events as her memory would not let her but said that she still BELIEVED her friend's story, in essence vouching for her honesty.
And prof Ford only came forward after her identity was blown, and said she felt it was her civic duty to lay it all out there to give senators something to consider and perhaps get some closure from it. For her it is personal, not political as you and your ilk imply.

Do you understand what you mean when you say that there was no need for the FBI to interrogate Dr Ford and Kavanaugh because the Senate had already done so? FYI-The FBI and senate are not the same body, thus an independence is implied. Once an FBI investigation was agreed to, the only decent thing to do was allow the full investigation.

This statement is also patently false "And he never mocked Ford, he just laid out the facts......, but he was completely factual". Perhaps in your part of Canada mockery takes a harder edge, but to most seeing eyes, it was there, in full display. This is hoping your eyes look at what's in front of them. But if you want I can expand on this.


"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

User avatar
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6264
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am

Re: Politics thread

Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:11 pm

RED3bution wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:44 pm
@Relly-I think your post is misleading. Kennedy is not a very liberal Justice. Unfortunate term there. He was considered a moderate because of his voting record on Swing votes. In other words when the Court was split 4-4 on any issue , he tended to side with the liberal Justices. This is not to say that he is liberal. MAJOR DIFFERENCE. He still had a majority conservative record.

If when he has to cast the deciding vote in split decisions based on party lines (which by the way is not how the SCOTUS is not supposed to operate) and he consistently does so in favour of the liberal justices then he is more liberal and swings the court more liberal. Kavanaugh is an originalist and will interpret the constitution according to it's original intent, thus tend to be far more conservative. You're being very disingenous by suggesting this doesn't shift the balance of the court.

Secondly Dr Blasey Ford has got to be a psychologist. I don't get your claim that she falsified what she did for a living, unaffected by perjury but would then seem be mindful of it (perjury) herself if the FBI came calling. http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/ ... ts?page=15Perhaps this was a typo.
Her lifelong friend did not deny her story sir. She said she could not corroborate her description of events as her memory would not let her but said that she still BELIEVED her friend's story, in essence vouching for her honesty. https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/ ... ter-836913 I don't remember any party, I don't know Kavanaugh, that's fact, I believe my friend, that's emotion.
And prof Ford only came forward after her identity was blown, and said she felt it was her civic duty to lay it all out there to give senators something to consider and perhaps get some closure from it. For her it is personal, not political as you and your ilk imply. Personal, like the almost million dollars she's received on GoFundMe, and just yesterday she begged people to not let up donating.

Do you understand what you mean when you say that there was no need for the FBI to interrogate Dr Ford and Kavanaugh because the Senate had already done so? FYI-The FBI and senate are not the same body, thus an independence is implied. Once an FBI investigation was agreed to, the only decent thing to do was allow the full investigation. The senate committee has more power than the FBI in this instance. The only reason they wanted to turn it into an FBI investigation was to delay the confirmation past the midterms. Had they brought the allegation forward at the begginning of his confirmation process there would have been plenty of time to investigate. Again, their only goal was delay

This statement is also patently false "And he never mocked Ford, he just laid out the facts......, but he was completely factual". Perhaps in your part of Canada mockery takes a harder edge, but to most seeing eyes, it was there, in full display. This is hoping your eyes look at what's in front of them. Again I said his style was a tad harsh, but all he said was exactly what she said, I don't know, I don't remember, I'm not sure, but I had one beer. Never called her a name, never called her a liar, never accused her of being a political player.But if you want I can expand on this.


"Make America Great Again!"

User avatar
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6264
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am

Re: Politics thread

Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:19 pm

I didn't even mention the fact that she works for the CIA, her dad worked for the CIA and her brother has deep connections to Fusion GPS, the firm Hillary hired when she colluded with Russians to win the election. She also claimed under oath that she never helped anyone with a lie detector test and had no experience. Turns out she coached her FBI friend on how to pass a polygraph. Another perjury there.


Does it not seem really coincidental that this random accuser just happens to be a democratic/anti-abortion activist, a never trumper, with CIA ties, and brother deeply connected to the firm that tried to prevent Trump from becoming president, and her lawyer works for George Soros, and the her story leaked the day before Kavanaugh was likely to be confirmed. There is a lot of things you need to ignore to just assume this is a genuine, random accusation.


"Make America Great Again!"

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 671
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:20 am

Re: Politics thread

Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:21 pm

Relly wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:11 pm
RED3bution wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:44 pm
@Relly-I think your post is misleading. Kennedy is not a very liberal Justice. Unfortunate term there. He was considered a moderate because of his voting record on Swing votes. In other words when the Court was split 4-4 on any issue , he tended to side with the liberal Justices. This is not to say that he is liberal. MAJOR DIFFERENCE. He still had a majority conservative record.

If when he has to cast the deciding vote in split decisions based on party lines (which by the way is not how the SCOTUS is not supposed to operate) and he consistently does so in favour of the liberal justices then he is more liberal and swings the court more liberal. Kavanaugh is an originalist and will interpret the constitution according to it's original intent, thus tend to be far more conservative. You're being very disingenous by suggesting this doesn't shift the balance of the court.
You must not have read what I wrote. You said and I quote "...and Kennedy, appointed by republicans, but turns out to be very liberal and usually sides with the liberal judges". This thing you wrote is not true. A SWING vote can be either liberal or conservative. Kennedy was conservative. How do you think another conservative is replacing him?

Secondly Dr Blasey Ford has got to be a psychologist. I don't get your claim that she falsified what she did for a living, unaffected by perjury but would then seem be mindful of it (perjury) herself if the FBI came calling. http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/ ... ts?page=15Perhaps this was a typo.
Interesting Fake news. Relly all you needed to do was to verify how Dr Blasey Ford introduced herself at the senate hearing to find out that she did not perjure herself. She said at the beginning of her testimony and I am transcribing and quoting "MY NAME IS CHRISTINE BLASEY FORD. I'M A PROFESSOR OF PSYCHOLOGY AT THE PALO ALTO UNIVERSITY AND RESEARCH PSYCHOLOGIST AT STANFORD UNIVERSITY......after this I think she can refer to herself as a psychologist without any reasonable fear of perjury. If she claimed she was a psychologist or a licensed psychologist then your point would be valid.
Her lifelong friend did not deny her story sir. She said she could not corroborate her description of events as her memory would not let her but said that she still BELIEVED her friend's story, in essence vouching for her honesty. https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/ ... ter-836913 I don't remember any party, I don't know Kavanaugh, that's fact, I believe my friend, that's emotion.
Umm ok. It's no different than what I said so we largely agree. Just know that to be able to deny someone's version you will have to state facts or recollections that contradict the other person's recollections. If Dr Ford said that her friend could vouch for her version of events and she said what she said then, it could be described as a denial. Ford simply said her friend was present at the party.Period.At this point, what the Senate was looking to do was place Kavanaugh at the scene of the allegation. That didn't happen.

And prof Ford only came forward after her identity was blown, and said she felt it was her civic duty to lay it all out there to give senators something to consider and perhaps get some closure from it. For her it is personal, not political as you and your ilk imply. Personal, like the almost million dollars she's received on GoFundMe, and just yesterday she begged people to not let up donating.
You must be implying these are political donations which is happening after the fact.Irrelevant. I was talking about her intentions coming forward, not after the politcal circus. I cannot really speak to this donation thing but I would not even begrudge her that.I think her personal story was politicized to an extent that I think it's hard for her not to be political about it. Heck a Supreme Court nominee turned so. She could probably have written a book like Mark Judge and made money off of it

Do you understand what you mean when you say that there was no need for the FBI to interrogate Dr Ford and Kavanaugh because the Senate had already done so? FYI-The FBI and senate are not the same body, thus an independence is implied. Once an FBI investigation was agreed to, the only decent thing to do was allow the full investigation. The senate committee has more power than the FBI in this instance. The only reason they wanted to turn it into an FBI investigation was to delay the confirmation past the midterms. Had they brought the allegation forward at the begginning of his confirmation process there would have been plenty of time to investigate. Again, their only goal was delayYou're deflecting. But if what you claim was the case, why did they agree to an FBI investigation that happens to be limited? I think it's in bad faith. A bare minimum type gesture. The senate may be more powerful but they are also more dysfunctional. If a man's reputation is what he claims it is, I should think he wouldn't mind a comprehensive finding proving it so. Unless he has other calculations....

This statement is also patently false "And he never mocked Ford, he just laid out the facts......, but he was completely factual". Perhaps in your part of Canada mockery takes a harder edge, but to most seeing eyes, it was there, in full display. This is hoping your eyes look at what's in front of them. Again I said his style was a tad harsh, but all he said was exactly what she said, I don't know, I don't remember, I'm not sure, but I had one beer. Never called her a name, never called her a liar, never accused her of being a political player.But if you want I can expand on this.
I am going to be as lenient as possible and say that if you think Trump was not mocking her and instead was stating facts then it's already a dangerous world we live in, and not just for males, everybody.
First off, he was not stating facts as you claim. This is a man who cannot spell truth. I will leave the video link at the base of this post. So Just to name a few Trump missfacts off the top of my mane; Dr Ford said the remembers the attack was upstairs in a bedroom, she named the neighborhood and also 100% said she was sure it was Kavanaugh.
What Trump was unfortunately mocking was her recollection which is one of the symptoms of people who are victims of sexual assault. It's called motivated forgetting in psychology and it happens when someone goes through an experience they feel better pretending it didn't happen or actually blocking out of their memory (consciously or unconsciously).

To add as a last note my feelings on the whole process, I must admit that the Kavanaugh ordeal was a bit too much in the sense that he was being judged in the present by something he may or may not have done as a reckless youth. I thought it was still yet another symptom of the dysfunction in American politics. First it was Garland having to go through the indignity of not receiving a simple hearing, and then Kavanaugh being forced to relive all his inglorious past.
Having said all this and in the sheer pretense that the Senate was trying to function as it ought to do in this instance, which is to give the president their informed opinion on a lifetime appointee, I felt both sides were shamelessly trying to outdo one another and because of the republican majority, the democrats resorted to what I may describe as a show to delay Kavanaugh's all but confirmed appointment to the Supreme court. Unfortunately, in my view, Dr Ford got caught in the middle and gracefully survived. Barely.
I don't think that any length of time is too much for anybody to attempt to address any perceived wrong and it doesn't matter the timing which in this case involves some psychological issues. I think the case would fall or elevate on its merits and the republicans weren't bothered by that. They wanted to in Mitch McConnell's own words "PLOW ON THROUGH WITH THE NOMINATION".
Rightly, like you alluded to, it was all a show of Power Politics.


https://youtu.be/MJEx_t4VTgQ


"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 671
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:20 am

Re: Politics thread

Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:34 pm

Relly wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:19 pm
I didn't even mention the fact that she works for the CIA, her dad worked for the CIA and her brother has deep connections to Fusion GPS, the firm Hillary hired when she colluded with Russians to win the election. She also claimed under oath that she never helped anyone with a lie detector test and had no experience. Turns out she coached her FBI friend on how to pass a polygraph. Another perjury there.


Does it not seem really coincidental that this random accuser just happens to be a democratic/anti-abortion activist, a never trumper, with CIA ties, and brother deeply connected to the firm that tried to prevent Trump from becoming president, and her lawyer works for George Soros, and the her story leaked the day before Kavanaugh was likely to be confirmed. There is a lot of things you need to ignore to just assume this is a genuine, random accusation.
Ok, on this particular claim I don't know whether to assume you're in fine Trumpian form and just trying to troll or being serious. I will address the first paragraph since the second flows from it.

So it's the deep state all over again? I will simply call this nonsense and leave it at that. But if you have any evidence of Dr Ford's ties to the CIA other than family ties, please be kind and share.
I can tell you that I don't think your family members are also conspiracy theorists due to my estimation that you are. It wouldn't make any sense to me to assume that. I hope I'm right.


"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

User avatar
Sigmar
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:36 pm

Re: Politics thread

Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:38 pm

Wow American politics, about as riveting as Brexit !


Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

User avatar
ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 5903
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 1:12 pm

Re: Politics thread

Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:24 pm

Sigmar wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:38 pm
Wow American politics, about as riveting as Brexit !
Think of it as BREXIT without the glamor :?


I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

User avatar
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6264
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am

Re: Politics thread

Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:27 pm

RED3bution wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:34 pm
Relly wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:19 pm
I didn't even mention the fact that she works for the CIA, her dad worked for the CIA and her brother has deep connections to Fusion GPS, the firm Hillary hired when she colluded with Russians to win the election. She also claimed under oath that she never helped anyone with a lie detector test and had no experience. Turns out she coached her FBI friend on how to pass a polygraph. Another perjury there.


Does it not seem really coincidental that this random accuser just happens to be a democratic/anti-abortion activist, a never trumper, with CIA ties, and brother deeply connected to the firm that tried to prevent Trump from becoming president, and her lawyer works for George Soros, and the her story leaked the day before Kavanaugh was likely to be confirmed. There is a lot of things you need to ignore to just assume this is a genuine, random accusation.
Ok, on this particular claim I don't know whether to assume you're in fine Trumpian form and just trying to troll or being serious. I will address the first paragraph since the second flows from it.

So it's the deep state all over again? I will simply call this nonsense and leave it at that. But if you have any evidence of Dr Ford's ties to the CIA other than family ties, please be kind and share.
I can tell you that I don't think your family members are also conspiracy theorists due to my estimation that you are. It wouldn't make any sense to me to assume that. I hope I'm right.
I reluctantly watched Bill Maher the other night, and his tactic, which seems to be common amongst liberals/democrats, if anything is said that implies any sort of wrong doing on the part of the left just dismiss it out of hand with righteous indignation. I saw it again on CNN, the panel watches footage of an angry, violent left wing mob, when the right leaning guest calls it a mob then the CNN just does the, oh come on now, don't call it that, let's not go there.... it's clear as day a mob, but they play their games and the morons that watch CNN think their right.


"Make America Great Again!"

User avatar
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6264
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am

Re: Politics thread

Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:46 pm

RED3bution wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:21 pm
Relly wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:11 pm
RED3bution wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:44 pm
@Relly-I think your post is misleading. Kennedy is not a very liberal Justice. Unfortunate term there. He was considered a moderate because of his voting record on Swing votes. In other words when the Court was split 4-4 on any issue , he tended to side with the liberal Justices. This is not to say that he is liberal. MAJOR DIFFERENCE. He still had a majority conservative record.

If when he has to cast the deciding vote in split decisions based on party lines (which by the way is not how the SCOTUS is not supposed to operate) and he consistently does so in favour of the liberal justices then he is more liberal and swings the court more liberal. Kavanaugh is an originalist and will interpret the constitution according to it's original intent, thus tend to be far more conservative. You're being very disingenous by suggesting this doesn't shift the balance of the court.
You must not have read what I wrote. You said and I quote "...and Kennedy, appointed by republicans, but turns out to be very liberal and usually sides with the liberal judges". This thing you wrote is not true. A SWING vote can be either liberal or conservative. Kennedy was conservative. How do you think another conservative is replacing him?

Secondly Dr Blasey Ford has got to be a psychologist. I don't get your claim that she falsified what she did for a living, unaffected by perjury but would then seem be mindful of it (perjury) herself if the FBI came calling. http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/ ... ts?page=15Perhaps this was a typo.
Interesting Fake news. Relly all you needed to do was to verify how Dr Blasey Ford introduced herself at the senate hearing to find out that she did not perjure herself. She said at the beginning of her testimony and I am transcribing and quoting "MY NAME IS CHRISTINE BLASEY FORD. I'M A PROFESSOR OF PSYCHOLOGY AT THE PALO ALTO UNIVERSITY AND RESEARCH PSYCHOLOGIST AT STANFORD UNIVERSITY......after this I think she can refer to herself as a psychologist without any reasonable fear of perjury. If she claimed she was a psychologist or a licensed psychologist then your point would be valid.
Her lifelong friend did not deny her story sir. She said she could not corroborate her description of events as her memory would not let her but said that she still BELIEVED her friend's story, in essence vouching for her honesty. https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/ ... ter-836913 I don't remember any party, I don't know Kavanaugh, that's fact, I believe my friend, that's emotion.
Umm ok. It's no different than what I said so we largely agree. Just know that to be able to deny someone's version you will have to state facts or recollections that contradict the other person's recollections. If Dr Ford said that her friend could vouch for her version of events and she said what she said then, it could be described as a denial. Ford simply said her friend was present at the party.Period.At this point, what the Senate was looking to do was place Kavanaugh at the scene of the allegation. That didn't happen.

And prof Ford only came forward after her identity was blown, and said she felt it was her civic duty to lay it all out there to give senators something to consider and perhaps get some closure from it. For her it is personal, not political as you and your ilk imply. Personal, like the almost million dollars she's received on GoFundMe, and just yesterday she begged people to not let up donating.
You must be implying these are political donations which is happening after the fact.Irrelevant. I was talking about her intentions coming forward, not after the politcal circus. I cannot really speak to this donation thing but I would not even begrudge her that.I think her personal story was politicized to an extent that I think it's hard for her not to be political about it. Heck a Supreme Court nominee turned so. She could probably have written a book like Mark Judge and made money off of it

Do you understand what you mean when you say that there was no need for the FBI to interrogate Dr Ford and Kavanaugh because the Senate had already done so? FYI-The FBI and senate are not the same body, thus an independence is implied. Once an FBI investigation was agreed to, the only decent thing to do was allow the full investigation. The senate committee has more power than the FBI in this instance. The only reason they wanted to turn it into an FBI investigation was to delay the confirmation past the midterms. Had they brought the allegation forward at the begginning of his confirmation process there would have been plenty of time to investigate. Again, their only goal was delayYou're deflecting. But if what you claim was the case, why did they agree to an FBI investigation that happens to be limited? I think it's in bad faith. A bare minimum type gesture. The senate may be more powerful but they are also more dysfunctional. If a man's reputation is what he claims it is, I should think he wouldn't mind a comprehensive finding proving it so. Unless he has other calculations....

This statement is also patently false "And he never mocked Ford, he just laid out the facts......, but he was completely factual". Perhaps in your part of Canada mockery takes a harder edge, but to most seeing eyes, it was there, in full display. This is hoping your eyes look at what's in front of them. Again I said his style was a tad harsh, but all he said was exactly what she said, I don't know, I don't remember, I'm not sure, but I had one beer. Never called her a name, never called her a liar, never accused her of being a political player.But if you want I can expand on this.
I am going to be as lenient as possible and say that if you think Trump was not mocking her and instead was stating facts then it's already a dangerous world we live in, and not just for males, everybody.
First off, he was not stating facts as you claim. This is a man who cannot spell truth. I will leave the video link at the base of this post. So Just to name a few Trump missfacts off the top of my mane; Dr Ford said the remembers the attack was upstairs in a bedroom, she named the neighborhood and also 100% said she was sure it was Kavanaugh.
What Trump was unfortunately mocking was her recollection which is one of the symptoms of people who are victims of sexual assault. It's called motivated forgetting in psychology and it happens when someone goes through an experience they feel better pretending it didn't happen or actually blocking out of their memory (consciously or unconsciously).

To add as a last note my feelings on the whole process, I must admit that the Kavanaugh ordeal was a bit too much in the sense that he was being judged in the present by something he may or may not have done as a reckless youth. I thought it was still yet another symptom of the dysfunction in American politics. First it was Garland having to go through the indignity of not receiving a simple hearing, and then Kavanaugh being forced to relive all his inglorious past.
Having said all this and in the sheer pretense that the Senate was trying to function as it ought to do in this instance, which is to give the president their informed opinion on a lifetime appointee, I felt both sides were shamelessly trying to outdo one another and because of the republican majority, the democrats resorted to what I may describe as a show to delay Kavanaugh's all but confirmed appointment to the Supreme court. Unfortunately, in my view, Dr Ford got caught in the middle and gracefully survived. Barely.
I don't think that any length of time is too much for anybody to attempt to address any perceived wrong and it doesn't matter the timing which in this case involves some psychological issues. I think the case would fall or elevate on its merits and the republicans weren't bothered by that. They wanted to in Mitch McConnell's own words "PLOW ON THROUGH WITH THE NOMINATION".
Rightly, like you alluded to, it was all a show of Power Politics.


https://youtu.be/MJEx_t4VTgQ
Great video, the only fact he got wrong was that she stated upstairs and he said she didn't know about that. Other than that, every statement he made was factually correct, and I struggle to see how that's mocking, didn't call her a name, didn't call her a liar, didn't say she was motivated by some other source, he just pointed out what she didn't know, which was virtually everything. The only two "facts" she remembers are Kavanaugh and one beer, so no one can question that she was too inebriated to remember.

Don't even attempt to equate Garland with Kavanaugh. It was Obama's last year as president and the house and senate were republican. The last time a SCOTUS was appointed by a president in his last year was 1880s sometime. And that's the process, the rules laid out. The senate gets to decide if a nominee makes it to the court. If you want a clear shot of nominating who you want then do a better job of getting elected in the senate. The GOP 100% played by the rules. The democrats, for the umpteenth time, decided to just destroy a man's life with false allegations. The amazing thing is they have done this exact thing before with Thomas and people are just supposed to ignore this coincidence. Not even mentioning Borg.

And the timing was everything. If you can't admit that the timing of the way this all played out was super convenient for the democrats then I will call you a liar. This should have been brought forward at the beginnig of the summer and nomination process. If it was there would have been plenty of time to do a proper investigation. All though soemthing tells me Dems would never be satisfied by anything unless it crucified Kavanaugh.


"Make America Great Again!"

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 671
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:20 am

Re: Politics thread

Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:56 pm

Great video, the only fact he got wrong was that she stated upstairs and he said she didn't know about that. Other than that, every statement he made was factually correct, and I struggle to see how that's mocking, didn't call her a name, didn't call her a liar, didn't say she was motivated by some other source, he just pointed out what she didn't know, which was virtually everything. The only two "facts" she remembers are Kavanaugh and one beer, so no one can question that she was too inebriated to remember.

Don't even attempt to equate Garland with Kavanaugh. It was Obama's last year as president and the house and senate were republican. The last time a SCOTUS was appointed by a president in his last year was 1880s sometime. And that's the process, the rules laid out. The senate gets to decide if a nominee makes it to the court. If you want a clear shot of nominating who you want then do a better job of getting elected in the senate. The GOP 100% played by the rules. The democrats, for the umpteenth time, decided to just destroy a man's life with false allegations. The amazing thing is they have done this exact thing before with Thomas and people are just supposed to ignore this coincidence. Not even mentioning Borg.

And the timing was everything. If you can't admit that the timing of the way this all played out was super convenient for the democrats then I will call you a liar. This should have been brought forward at the beginnig of the summer and nomination process. If it was there would have been plenty of time to do a proper investigation. All though soemthing tells me Dems would never be satisfied by anything unless it crucified Kavanaugh.
Do you understand the things that you say? You first stated that all Trump was doing was stating facts and then moved the posts to later say some of what he said was fact after I disproved that. Ignoring his belittling tone and the way he was playing to the crowd, one should still be able to see the blatant mockery. I will leave this one because I don't think you understand your argument just tore at least one ACL.

Your second paragraph further portrays your casual knowledge of American politics. There is no such rule from 1880 for any president in his last year. You might be trying to state the argument that republicans used for what they call the "Biden Rule", which is simply a moniker, for the way Joe Biden as Senate Judiciary Chairman in 1992 argued for deferring a hypothetical Supreme Court Nominee in an election year until after the elections so the American people could basically decide who gets to pick.
Since this is the most likely thing you refer to as a rule I want to say that it's not a rule only a respected Senator's reasoning at the time. The republicans spiked it and used it to cast Democrats as hypocrites. So no rules and no process on that.

Pfft! Call me a liar if you want but don't let Trump get away with his dangerous lies.
The timing of the hearing is irrelevant as to the nature of the accusation. That's why it's a hearing, or supposed to be. You point out the 11th hour nature of the whole thing and pretend the republicans were not playing their own games. I did not like it but it was brought before the Senate, they shouldn't complain about the timing because it wasn't going to take forever. They, like the Dems had an agenda which is why they objected to the timing.
In the end, if a man is innocent or is interested in proving that he is, he goes through the process and comes out validated. This was farthest in the GOP's mind. Like I said and you seemed to agree to, it's Power politics. But you can deny it without fear of being called a liar.


"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

User avatar
raycreative
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Politics thread

Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:00 am

The world is getting closer than ever to a dictators war with this idiot of a president being the head of the free world

Saudi Arabia-Totally deny everything and anything to do with the murder of a journalist living in America
Not enough proof apparently but more importantly according to Trump "don't forget the money"
People connected directly to the Saudi prince appear in the country the day he vanishes.They go directly to the Embassy,the journalist disappears and they go home the same day
The Embassy has now conveniently be repainted before the authorities are allowed in
Pretty compelling evidence for me but apparently for Trump it is being dealt with badly by the Fake News
Tosser

Russia/Putin-Russia did not do anything wrong in Salisbury
Two people connected directly to Putin fly into England,go to Salisbury and poison half the town with toxic chemicals to get to one Kremlin target
They leave the same day
They are not connected to the Kremlin according to the Kremlin until their real identity comes out and low and behold they are Kremlin elite
Some bullshit story about going to see the church but it was too wet
So they left and went back to Russia the same day
Not enough evidence for Trump
Tosser

North Korea/Kim Jong-un
His people starve whilst he has clearly beaten anorexia
His human rights record is non existent but Trump and he exchange "love letters"
Tosse

Philippines/Duterte
Openly assassinates anybody he doesn't like but sings love songs to Trump who thinks he's a great man
Tosser

Expect a Trump Tower coming shortly in all these countries

I do like the way the Trumpers kids all defend their father even though each one appears to have a different mother
I wonder how many illegitimate kids he has as well
What a man of honur and virtue
Tosserl



Sandies
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6334
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:15 am

Re: Politics thread

Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:18 am

Harsh to blame the Saudis for that.

Some very fine people on both sides


'The media is the enemy of the American people"

There's a reason why Trump is so envious of those dictators.


"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

User avatar
raycreative
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Politics thread

Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:43 am

It appears Trump has now changed his mind
Sounds to me like there is a possibility the Crown Prince might get the door and the old king come back to stabilize the country
That would mean that Trump would be backing a loser,yet again,and he doesn't like that
Anyway as the Trumper constantly says when he hasn't a clue what he is doing "let's wait and see"



Sandies
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6334
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:15 am

Re: Politics thread

Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:24 am

I haven’t quite perfected my trump support delusion but I’m getting there

Tell me if I’m on track

The pipe bomber isn’t actually a trump fan. He’s another plant by the republicans to act as one and promote hate to look like trump fans are crazy and dangerous but really it’s all a conspiracy

How’d I do?


"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Posts: 9572
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:40 am

Re: Politics thread

Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:30 pm

Not bad. I'll give you a B minus.

Dont forget to also blame it on "fake news media" or "immigrants" or both! (Y)


My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6334
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:15 am

Re: Politics thread

Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:44 pm

What a fornicate disgrace of a human

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status ... 27073?s=21

Oh and even though this terrorist wasn’t a trump fan

He 1) “some very fine people on both sides”
2) He believed in the anti-Semitic conspiracy theory that "the Jews" are working to destroy white America by bringing in immigrants. It's a cousin of the idea that George Soros is paying for "the Caravan."
3) even though he doesn’t support Trump, he fed off the idea that Trump retweeted supported and lied about that Jews were bringing in middle eastern terrorists to the United States

Maybe Trump is right. Maybe it’s not a gun laws thing. Maybe if the Jews were carrying arms weopons on them (something that is halachically -custom- illegal, it wouldn’t happen

Or maybe if they had a president who didn’t support and incite violence, the country wouldn’t have a daily incident


“This wicked act of mass murder is pure evil [...] You wouldn't think this would be possible in this day and age, but we just don't seem to learn from the past."

Yes Donny organge. You don’t


"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

User avatar
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6264
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am

Re: Politics thread

Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:39 pm

Got a few questions for you Brent

1. Last summer when a big time Bernie Sanders fan showed up at a congressional baseball game and starting screaming about healthcare and shooting at Republican congressman, almost killing Steve Scalia's, did you blame Bernie or Democrats ?

2. Two weeks ago when Ted Cruz and Susan Collins were sent ricin in the mail did you blame all Democrats ? Particularly Eric Holder, Maxine waters and Hillary for their calls of incivility ?

3. Last year when Don Jr wife opened an exploding package of white powder and had to spend two of fear in a hospital waiting to find out what it was, did you blame democrats.

4. When a BLM member shot and killed 5 police officers after Obama told the country that all police were racist and bad, did you blame Obama?

So now you two violent incidents in a couple days, one loves Trump, so you blame Trump, the other hates Trump so you blame Trump. The difference is as soon as something bad happens Trump and prominent Republicans will immediately denounce it. When something happens inspired by the left the media downplays it and the comments out of democrats is usually it was justified because people are so angry at Trump.


"Make America Great Again!"

Return to “Members Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users