Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Politics thread

Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:53 pm

raycreative wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:10 pm

I agree he told the governors to decide because that is the way the US works
The prick in chief didn't understand that 24 hours earlier when he told the world "I have absolute power"."I am the president"
Some brave sod clearly explained he was wrong with his absolute power bollocks so he gave the decision to the governors and tweeted his nuts off with "Liberate this state","liberate that state"
That is called mixed messages
For the record I am for states rights and I didn't agree with Trump when he said he could tell the states what the can do. All I did was point out that the week before the democrats complained that Trump can't use his power to reopen the country they were demanding he use his power to close more down. I was just pointing out the hypocrisy. Weird thing in the US with the governors, the Georgia governor is getting all sort of flack from the media for reopening his state, he is a republican. The governor of Colorado is following virtually the exact same path and literally no one is talking about him, he is a democrat. Why the difference in coverage?
The whole world seems to be of the opinion that if enough people stay out of the way for long enough then those with symptoms(There are millions a the moment) won't spread it to those that don't have it.
By the time these people do eventually end lock down the virus will hopefully have burned itself out in those currently affected.The time line is estimated at 14 days ish
Literally no one in the world is saying this except you and it's utterly shocking to me that people are agreeing with you. The whole point of the lockdown wasn't to stay inside until the virus burned out, it was to "flatten the curve", ie prevent a lot of people getting it at once and overwhelming the healthcare systems, like Italy. Everyone has been in agreement since the beginning about this and everyone knows that the same amount of people will eventually get sick, but the lockdown will spread it out and allow hospitals to be better prepared and thus reduce the fatalities.
The USA is currently reporting 1 million people known to have the virus.That will not be more than the tip of the iceberg as they have barely started testing
Of those 109,000 have recovered and half that 55,000 are reported to have died
You can only guess at how many have the virus but using 1 million known it could be 5 million,10 million and even more.But we don't know
But using the above as a model then if it is 10 million currently infected, you might expect 1 million to end up in hospital and half a million to die
You've totally missed the point. Yes currently 1 million have tested positive and that number will rise significantly due to more testing and more so, due to antibody testing. Antibody testing in NY has shown that approximately 14% of New York has already had the coronavirus. Fatality rate is an equation, number of deaths on top, number of infected on the bottom. As the denominator number grows the fatality rate of the virus decreases. This number takes the NY fatality rate from 7.5% down to around 0.6%. And New York is an anomaly, it's a largely and densely populated city, where a large number of residents rely on subway and the government of the state and mayor of the city were slow to shut down. New York was an entire week behind Los Angeles in shutting down. The rest of the US has seen nowhere near the amount of cases as New York, take New York out of the equation and the deaths per 100 000 puts the US inline with Germany, a country that's been wildly touted as handling this successfully. Similar studies by Stanford University and in the Netherlands found large amounts of the population testing positive for antibodies, and putting the fatality rate down to about 0.1%, exactly the same as the common flu.
Leave people locked up for 2 to 3 months and the virus will either kill people or work its way through them until the actual affected number is down
Those that can and will be affected will drop and those that will die(and there will unfortunately be people who will die) will be less
That is what EVERY government including the USA are preaching
That is what EVERY politician with the sole EXCEPTION of Donald Trump is preaching
Being locked up is a bummer but better to be locked up for another more and watch the figures come down is worth it.Is it not Ben?
Or would you rather the whole world opened up and tens of millions die
The lower the number affected for the longer the period of time will help the scientists and doctors eventually develop a vaccine
The health service will get less pressure and less hospital people will die.Or would you rather the hospitals got overwhelmed and doctors and nurses die?
Think how you would feel if somebody died close to you because they were given the virus by a bored Trumper who needed a beer
It's so disingenuous to suggest that anyone is protesting because they want to go out and get a beer, they are protesting because they are losing the jobs and businesses. I'm lucky, I have a good job and am still working, but 30 million americans have already lost their jobs, 10% of the population, that's pretty serious business. And to all the politicians that are still pushing for lockup, none of them have a plan. How long do they plan to lockup? One year, one and half years, until a vaccine is developled? There is no guarantee one will be and no guarantee that if there is it will work on everyone. What's their plan to come out of the lockup? They don't have one. The masses have been terrified by the overhyped news coverage of this, so for politicians the easiest thing to do is just keep things locked up, you don't actually have to do anything and your lauded as a hero by a large percentage of the population.

"Make America Great Again!"

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:01 pm

RED3bution wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:19 pm
About that Herd immunity, here's an article I thought was non-partisan and informative.....I know I learnt something.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/herd-imm ... 3f908844c1
Huffington Post non partisan, umm hmm, allow me to retort with an Infowars article.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:11 pm

RED3bution wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:18 pm
raycreative wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:59 am
The world is asking front line workers to come out of retirement and help lead in this great fight

As Trump doesn't see a problem and what small problem there is he is doing a "great job" "a really great job" "a truly great job"
"Ask anybody" "Everybody knows it" "Everybody says it"

Anybody got Obama's telephone number?America really needs somebody with brains and leadership qualities more than ever before,
Why anybody would want to call the "Worst President in Our Lifetime" is beyond me. We still need to see his birth certificate, or better yet, a Youtube video of his birth. :think:
This is not my opinion, this is the opinion of the American public. Obama lost more seats during his presidency than any president in modern history. This includes congressional seats, senate seats, governorships, state level congressional and senate seats. And at the end of it all the US elected Donald Trump, if that isn't a giant fornicate you to Obama and what he stood for I don't know what is. And Trump took all of 5 mins to wipe out anything Obama did during his presidency because Obama didn't pass anything through the proper channels and make things actual law, he just used executive power, ruling like a dictator. He even bragged about ruling by phone and a pen. But as quick as it is to institute something by executive power, it's as quick to erase it, which Trump did. The only major thing that Obama got put into place was Obamacare, and that was through the supreme court, in one of their worst decisions ever. But a major part of that has already been scaled back. I've googled, List of Obama's accomplishments, and picked the most biased left wing sources to see what are considered his acheivements and it's laughable at best.

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:27 pm

Relly wrote:
RED3bution wrote:
About that Herd immunity, here's an article I thought was non-partisan and informative.....I know I learnt something.

Huffington Post non partisan, umm hmm, allow me to retort with an Infowars article.
Did you read that article? If you ever do, let me know where the partisanship is.

"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:46 pm

Relly wrote:
RED3bution wrote:
raycreative wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:59 am
The world is asking front line workers to come out of retirement and help lead in this great fight

As Trump doesn't see a problem and what small problem there is he is doing a "great job" "a really great job" "a truly great job"
"Ask anybody" "Everybody knows it" "Everybody says it"

Anybody got Obama's telephone number?America really needs somebody with brains and leadership qualities more than ever before,
Why anybody would want to call the "Worst President in Our Lifetime" is beyond me. We still need to see his birth certificate, or better yet, a Youtube video of his birth. :think:
This is not my opinion, this is the opinion of the American public. Obama lost more seats during his presidency than any president in modern history. This includes congressional seats, senate seats, governorships, state level congressional and senate seats. And at the end of it all the US elected Donald Trump, if that isn't a giant fornicate you to Obama and what he stood for I don't know what is. And Trump took all of 5 mins to wipe out anything Obama did during his presidency because Obama didn't pass anything through the proper channels and make things actual law, he just used executive power, ruling like a dictator. He even bragged about ruling by phone and a pen. But as quick as it is to institute something by executive power, it's as quick to erase it, which Trump did. The only major thing that Obama got put into place was Obamacare, and that was through the supreme court, in one of their worst decisions ever. But a major part of that has already been scaled back. I've googled, List of Obama's accomplishments, and picked the most biased left wing sources to see what are considered his acheivements and it's laughable at best.
Oh boy. Another partisan drivel. You even had to look it up-his accomplishments?
What do you mean by the opinion of the American public? Same one that gave Obama 2 terms? Do you even read what you type?

I don't think you're serious with this Ben. I really don't. You should at least offer something that pretends to be thoughtful. Quick google searches aren't the way to go to say something. I will let you try again.

"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:42 pm

RED3bution wrote:
Relly wrote:
RED3bution wrote:

Oh boy. Another partisan drivel. You even had to look it up-his accomplishments?
What do you mean by the opinion of the American public? Same one that gave Obama 2 terms? Do you even read what you type?

I don't think you're serious with this Ben. I really don't. You should at least offer something that pretends to be thoughtful. Quick google searches aren't the way to go to say something. I will let you try again.
I did, shockingly I seem to understand the US better then you do, even though you currently reside there. It's very rare for a president to not get a second term, Bush Sr didn't, but that was because of Ross Perot running as a 3rd party and taking 19% of the vote. Jimmy Carter and then you have to go back like a 100 years. What Americans tend to do is vote for the same president, then vote the opposite party down ballot, which is what they did throughout Obama's time. You can look this up, it's easy to find, he lost a lot, the senate and house were republican controlled from Obama's first midterm. And Romney was awful, he didn't peak the interest of real conservatives.

I didn't just google Obama's accomplishments, I've done it a couple times in the past. But Obama sycophants listing his accomplishments would be the most pro-Obama results you would find, and even they were lacking. What do you think Obama accomplished if you're so sure he was great?
Last edited by Relly on Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:45 pm

RED3bution wrote:
Relly wrote:
RED3bution wrote:

Did you read that article? If you ever do, let me know where the partisanship is.
I scanned it, the article isn't necessarily partisan, huffpo 100% is.

I just reread it though and it's all essentially just speculation, not sure what I am suppose to get out of it.

So in your opinion what should be done? Should the whole world stay locked in their houses for the next 2 years?

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:24 pm

Relly wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:45 pm
RED3bution wrote:
Relly wrote:

I scanned it, the article isn't necessarily partisan, huffpo 100% is.

I just reread it though and it's all essentially just speculation, not sure what I am suppose to get out of it.

So in your opinion what should be done? Should the whole world stay locked in their houses for the next 2 years?
At risk of saying the same thing that does not need to be said, I will refer you back to Ray's post, which you probably scanned. He was saying the same thing you spoke of in your response. This is not a gut-feeling situation Ben, you let the science lead the way so there are no repeats form 1918.

It is a painful situation and I get that a lot of small business people and employees are hurting but it makes no sense to prematurely open now after so many weeks based on that. Part of this problem has to do with the Trump administration half-assing with their economic package as a whole. If you're sending an economic package to someone in SOS, the first thing to ensure is that the process is streamlined and there should be accountability to claw back any loss to abuses. Then you have to put an enforceable moratorium on companies who are still sending out bills. Maybe a 2-month moratorium after which whatever is owed has to be paid back in installments over a 1-year period (an example). The reason for this is that some companies are simply compounding the bills for later. They say you don't owe for this month but we do need double your bill in a month's time. How is that fair?
So of,course, people sitting at home with no visitors but bill statements will get a bit testy-their covid payments having been forked over to these companies asking for a bill today or double the bill a few weeks down the line. I say this knowing Trump wants nothing to do with any of that since corporations are also people....you get the angle.

Then after you get past the peak ( 2 months?), a gradual opening (starting with open places such as parks) will not seem so crazy compared to some places looking to start opening up barber shops, and salons, restaurants-all closed spaces that have been theorized to accelerate the spread. Unfortunately and I don't know what you see, this administration has been fumbling along, making things up as they go, with the Chief executive actually thinking that his experts are supposed to be a prop and treating lives and livelihoods as numbers, I think to save his political hide. It's gonna be a shit-show soon enough with all these missteps, imo.

So that's it, pass that on.

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:52 pm

Relly wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:42 pm
RED3bution wrote:
Relly wrote:

I did, shockingly I seem to understand the US better then you do, even though you currently reside there. It's very rare for a president to not get a second term, Bush Sr didn't, but that was because of Ross Perot running as a 3rd party and taking 19% of the vote. Jimmy Carter and then you have to go back like a 100 years. What Americans tend to do is vote for the same president, then vote the opposite party down ballot, which is what they did throughout Obama's time. You can look this up, it's easy to find, he lost a lot, the senate and house were republican controlled from Obama's first midterm. And Romney was awful, he didn't peak the interest of real conservatives.

I didn't just google Obama's accomplishments, I've done it a couple times in the past. But Obama sycophants listing his accomplishments would be the most pro-Obama results you would find, and even they were lacking. What do you think Obama accomplished if you're so sure he was great?
I never said he was great and I've never made the claim anywhere on here. You have made the opposite claim and to that I will say that to compare Obama to Trump to me does the former a disservice. I think Obama more than anything respects himself and others, knows his limits and understands that you cannot know everything, you have to be willing to learn. If you'd like I can compare Obama to a worthy president but not this one.

The other thing you need to understand about US politics is that it is reflexive in electing presidents. Republicans were very creative in tarnishing Obama and they exploited certain flash points to do that and so his party lost in the mid-terms(thanks to the Tea-party movement), but so did Clinton, Bush's was broken, probably due to 911 but this cycle was not broken during Obama's term only. Now you do the checking.

So on the reflexiveness; starting from Bush senior-the technocrat, career bureacrat, Billy the charismatic came along, then of course the Lewinsky affair came and then Bush the impulsive Evangelical came along, ( look what that led to). From there, No-drama Obama the intellectual was elected and of course after he too was tarnished by none other than the current president, who whipped up a nativist fever around that Birth certificate that wasn't, Trump got elected. I will call him Trump the unintellectual out of respect for what I'm trying to say.

The difference between Trump and Bush is that Bush awfully looks like he knows that he doesn't know what he's saying, so he let Cheney do most of the thinking. Trump...pfft, I've known who he is for a long time and he has not disappointed, I suppose this is so for both of us but I do hope you are honest to yourself at least.

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:04 pm

Well we are coming up to that time of the day when the Prick in Chief makes a fool of himself

He now seems to have stopped turning up with Fauci and Birx.Is that because they have made him look a prick, or they have just told him they are wasting their time with him and the time could be better spent doing something to get rid of this mild flu

So what are we likely to see today
On the assumption that Trumps miracle has not happened today and Covid has not miraculously vanished you can expect to see Trump fighting the world and being full of shit.Probably Mike Pence putting out some bullshit explanation why he was the only one in the building yesterday without a mask.He/Trump they will blame the press for his stupidity
He will also have the tit in a trance aka his daughter stood pouting next to him with a USD10,000 dress whilst people are at foodbanks
Possibly that other scientist aka as Kushner,his son in law
I wonder where the first lady is?I use the term loosely.Presumably Dolce and Gabbana don't make designer scrubs and surgical masks

As he has said he will sign an executive order demanding the meat processing plants stay open he will probably have Bill Barr to give an opinion why they must stay open
It is interesting to note that with so many dying in these food plants they are firing back saying keep them open all you want.The staff are refusing to come in

So what would i do
I would make all the hicks and rednecks who want to ignore the science have "Make America great again" tattoo's on their chests
If any of them get Covid i would refuse them entry to hospitals.Why should doctors and nurses risk their lives on pricks
(Y) (Y)

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Fri May 01, 2020 10:25 am

Different day but same stupidity

FINALLY the prick in chief might have realised it is not a good idea to spout bullshit above something you know nothing about so he has not mntioned too much about what is happening in the USA with the virus
The States are opening up and he will sit back and watch.If it works,and the odds are against it then he will declare "i knew it and told you so"
If it doesn't work he will declare "i told the governors not to open up"

So what does he do last night
He turns on Chinaaaaa
He declares he almost certainly knows that it is all Chinaaaaaaa's fault and is an attempt to bring him down
When asked where the proof is he tells you "i know something that nobody else does but i can't tell you"(We are back to the seven year olds mentality)
He has now asked the secret service to do a full investigation. ***Do you remember the secret service??They were the ones that Trump said he didn't trust and were shit.That should have got them risking their lives for him :laugh: :laugh:

Why would Chinaaaa want to bring him down anyway?
He doesn't know what he is doing and they can manipulate him all they want.As can Putin
He changes his mind every day about what his policy is with those two countries

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Sat May 02, 2020 3:58 am

Funny he blames China

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Sat May 02, 2020 6:40 am

'Merica....Just dont kneel peacefully (Y)

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Tue May 05, 2020 1:26 am

Sandies wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 6:40 am

'Merica....Just dont kneel peacefully (Y)
Find me one act of violence committed at any of these rallies.

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Tue May 05, 2020 9:36 am

Ben
If that is the best you can offer for a defence then i give up on you altogether

To show a nazi sign and piss pots in the Capital building with very large assault rifles and try to pretend there isn't a problem shows me a side of your intelligence that i hoped i wouldn't see

How would you feel if you decided,legally,to put up a fence on your land that your neighbours objected to?
Should they object in writing via planning or would it be OK if the entire street turned up with 1000 relatives and all were carrying guns(very very large guns) and Bowie knives and an armed Hummer behind them
Behind the Hummer they might have a burning cross
Would you take your family to the front door to discuss this fence or would you call the police
As i suspect it would be the latter how would you feel if the police on turning up didn't see a problem,as no shot had been fired and left

Ben.I will offer you this advise
Stop being an idiot and trying to defend the indefensible

Look at how quickly your prime minister has acted
Banned guns with the sweep of a pen
Why??Because you don't need assault weapons as a human right"

My final question,which i don't expect to get an answer to is
"Are you listening to Trump and liberating your city and going out?"
That was last Thursdays advise
Or are you social distancing which was Fridays advise
And can you confirm 200 rednecks and hicks crammed on a stairway with guns are "your sort of folks" and behaving sensibly and honourably??

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Tue May 05, 2020 9:39 am

Aye - using slogans from the holocaust, the most famous sign on the gates of the most famous concentration and extermination camp, are perfectly fine as long as no one gets hurt (Y)

What do you think would happen if black men stormed a government building wearing that gear and shouted in a policemen's face like that, and don't play dumb with your answer Relly

Before even taken into context the damage done by that many people congregating in this current climate....

Just done kneel peacefully (Y)

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Tue May 05, 2020 9:06 pm

What a bastard that Fauci is

Everybody says it.Everybody knows That.Chinaaa released this virus from a lab
All the important people tell you that.All the important people like Trump,Kushner,Pence,Pompeo,Barr all the Trump kids.
All the worlds best scientific and medical brains above know it.They all say it

Who the f**k is Fauci.What does he know??!!
Why does he say the opposite??!!

Fauci's time is almost done.He must get the bullet
But the good news is that so is Trumps time almost done
Just a couple of tens of thousands of hicks and rednecks to kill off and then get a proper leader in and undo the damage

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Wed May 06, 2020 9:10 am

Just when you think the prick in chief couldn't get any worse, his actions and words once again show what a pathetic human being he is

So yesterday he tours a factory with no distancing regard whatsoever and no mask with "Live and Let Die" playing over the company sound system
He is reported(and not denied) that he is disbanding his task force
So is he bored?He is known to have the attaention span of a gnat
Is he a fool?Well most have an opinion on that
Does he not care how many die?Well he admitted publicly yesterday it is time to get back to work no matter what the consequences(ie how many die)

Anything else happen
Oh yes
HIS vaccine director,Bright,has filed a whistleblower complaint.So is Bright a set up by Shiffy or that woman "I call her Nancy" or maybe Chinaaaa or is he jsut deep state or an Obama plant???

Anything else??
Oh yes
A redneck gets thrown out of a store for not wearing a mask so he goes home and gets his gun and kills the security guard
Not a problem,i assume Ben as he was just observing his right to freedom and his right to bear arms

I just hope the British politicians have the balls to cut trade deals with Trump and ban flights from America into Britain until somebody with sense becomes President.

It's bad enough the Chinese have sent this round the world without the Americans helping them and then blaming them
I won't be buying Chinese or American anything in the forseable future

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Wed May 06, 2020 1:26 pm

The DA has been in possession of this video since the day it occurred. Only once it has become public knowledge, have they asked a grand jury for a charge

Read the thread, it's heartbreaking

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Wed May 06, 2020 1:31 pm

US President Donald Trump has confirmed the White House coronavirus task force will be winding down, with Vice-President Mike Pence suggesting it could be disbanded within weeks.

"We are bringing our country back," Mr Trump said during a visit to a mask-manufacturing factory in Arizona.

New confirmed infections per day in the US currently top 20,000, and daily deaths exceed 1,000.

______

fornicate me how many Americans are going to bed dead by the time this is done thanks to that wanker.

He'll still find a way to blame the states and their governors, but American blood is well and truly on his hands

ARBEIT MACHT FREI!

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter

Thu May 07, 2020 12:17 am

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-co ... 11e5a1dbf5

Like someone else said on here, the attention span of a gnat....

He makes the decisions then checks for it's popularity to validate it...a disgustingly apparent lack of character.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Mon May 11, 2020 8:27 am

So after months of compliance of restrictions, lock down, quarantining travellers and people caring about the health and safety of others, today we just eased restrictions and started the process of opening up Australia

It got rocky towards the end and people were getting impatient, but amazing what happens when people dont act like dickheads and just shut up

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Mon May 11, 2020 8:35 am

Sandies wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 1:26 pm

The DA has been in possession of this video since the day it occurred. Only once it has become public knowledge, have they asked a grand jury for a charge

Read the thread, it's heartbreaking
Racist one and Racist 2 have been arrested

Thanks to Racist friend 3 who thought releasing the video would help them because rest of the country would also believe a black guy is a burglar who deserves to hunted

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Tue May 12, 2020 1:02 am

Let's get them to open up gyms by showing them we can work out fine without them (Y)

Muricans...

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Tue May 12, 2020 2:29 am

I see the white house are implementing strict corona virus measures to try stop the outbreak.

Good to see they know how to take a virus seriously...

Return to “Members Lounge”