Next Match: Image
PSG in the Champions League.
Tuesday 20th October 2020, KO 20:00 UTC.
Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Ask the next person a question

Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:35 pm

So I want to give the members lounge a bump and seeing as most of our supporters will be online this evening I thought I would roll out a new game. Its pretty simple.
The poster above you will have asked a question. All you have to do is answer it as honestly as possible and give a little detail. Then ask an open Question for the next player. Simples. So I'll start us off.

When was the last time you were in a physical fight and what happened?

100% Top Red

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Ask the next person a question

Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:46 pm

Not for ages now. Maybe about 9/10 years ago, got jumped by some tramps. Nicked a fiver off me the many birth canals. Nearly got into one on Boxing Day I think it was though, some birth canal who had had too much to drink, just walked out before it got nasty, not worth it.

If you could make one change to this country (or wherever you are from if not the UK), what would it be?

Make football fabulous again!

Matt
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:15 pm

Road infrastructure, it's a fornicate mess.

If you met your past self (10 years younger) would he/she be happy with how you turned out?

I know it's a cliche question, but it's a good one IMO. Gets people to think.

You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:10 pm

Matt wrote:Road infrastructure, it's a fornicate mess.

If you met your past self (10 years younger) would he/she be happy with how you turned out?

I know it's a cliche question, but it's a good one IMO. Gets people to think.
I probably don't think so. As a 15 year old I probably wouldn't perceive the way I turned out as cool. All I really gave a toss about was going out and getting drunk, and copping off with the fittest girl who was around. I was also really into rugby. I don't think seeing myself now, engaged, working long hours, rarely going out on the piss and not playing rugby anymore is what I wanted to be doing in ten years time.
What's the worst thing you've ever done when drunk and what we're the consequences?

100% Top Red

Leftbank
Assistant Referee
Assistant Referee

Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:58 pm

Walked home alone at 2 in the morning after a party. Got mugged by three Asian guys. They beat me around a bit (black eye and chipped tooth) and put a knife to my throat. Lost my wallet, phone, coat and glasses. Consequence is that I am not so damn stupid at the end of a night out, and I'm always that little bit extra vigilant.

What defines you?

LEFTBANK Scourge of the Scousers
Rumpole of the Lounge

mikey
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:49 pm

Leftbank wrote:Walked home alone at 2 in the morning after a party. Got mugged by three Asian guys. They beat me around a bit (black eye and chipped tooth) and put a knife to my throat. Lost my wallet, phone, coat and glasses. Consequence is that I am not so damn stupid at the end of a night out, and I'm always that little bit extra vigilant.

What defines you?
I think this is a tricky question as the things that define me are fluid and in a constant rolling state of evolution. I suppose you could say my experience defines me; the way I think is altered by experience; the experience of raising children has changed the way I think; experience of travelling and different cultures has changed the way I observe the world, this experience is constantly developing; my actions have been altered by experience, in the past i'd let chances slip, rather than grabbing them with both hands; experience has opened my mind, and also closed it in other aspects, but these closed doors could be opened in the future dependent on experience. Experience has honed my musical taste, and also made it more eclectic. Experience has developed my political views and my social conscience, but experience could change this in the future. Experience has given me control over my actions and allowed me to put my hands up and accept full responsibility when I fornicate things up. Experience has allowed me to accept that sometimes everyone fornicate up, not everybody, if anybody, is perfect. I am who I am, because of my experiences. Experience is the sculptor, and i am a raw piece of rock, experience is chipping away, sculpting the person that I am. When this sculpture will be finished, is anybodies guess. I am hoping it will be the day that I day. I would hate to end up one of those close-minded people who are never open to change. They know what they know, and nothing, nor anybody is going to change that. I like the fact that the person I am is constantly evolving. It means that I am becoming a better person with everyday that passes. The things that define me are a work in progress, because of that i am without definition.

If you could go back in time and change just one thing, what would it be?

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:06 pm

Good answer Mikey.

My answer to your question is probably go back to when I was at high school and work hard rather than fornicate around. I've made a decent living for myself now but it's been a fornicate toil since I left school. I didn't get a job until I was 18 so spent 2 years between odd jobs making scraps of cash with cash in hand jobs and part time work teaching kids rugby. Between the age of 18-25 I've worked really fornicate hard to be in the position I'm in now as I left school with no gcse passes. I kinda wish I didn't do it the hard way, but even so, I'm here now.

Thinking back to when you were at high school, how do you think most people remember you? If you were to be summed up in one sentence by a random classmate, what would they say?

100% Top Red

mikey
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:52 pm

Alright Herb mate (said as a greeting)

What are your favourite ever items of clothing?

Leftbank
Assistant Referee
Assistant Referee

Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:58 pm

Still have fond memories of the first set of clothes i bought with my first paycheck. Baggy jeans, number 86 embroderednon the left thigh, linkin park t-shirt (which i still have), a blue fabric belt and a biker chain. Although i do love a dinner suit now though.

What's your biggest fear?

Rumpole of the Lounge

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:59 pm

Death

Besides kids (maybe) and United, what brings you the most joy in your life?

100% Top Red

Carrick 5 Gerrard 0
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:01 pm

Drowning, only learnt to swim a few years ago but still get nervous around deep water.

If you could be transported to anywhere in the world right now for an hour, where would it be?

Sia
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:28 pm

Ste's question: relaxing by the beach and drinking gin

Amirah's question: antarctica

If you could BE a celebrity, athlete, politican etc, who would it be? no "I'd rather be me" please

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:32 pm

Eric Cantona

If you had a last meal before death, what would you have?

100% Top Red

t.d.
International Player
International Player

Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:35 pm

I'll go with SBS's question.

Nature. It is pure, unadulterated and offers unconditional beauty. It saddens me that the world/population seems so far removed from what we used to call home. I'm no hippy but we take it all for granted. Deforestation, pollution, cruelty to animals - what's the point? All these things - it's like pulling the slate tiles off your roof. We live on this planet so why are we fornicate it up?

I try to go outa few timesa week, 3 hours ata time, and walk ina forest or along a river. There's something to it, it definitely has a positive effect on me. To just go out, alone, to think and listen and SEE. It's beautiful.

Actually I'll expand my answer to include the universe.

The most important thing you've learnt from your parents?

x(t) = Asin(ωt + φ)

t.d.
International Player
International Player

Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:36 pm

Funking shit internet.

x(t) = Asin(ωt + φ)

Dante
Referee
Referee

Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:38 pm

Short Back and Sides wrote:what brings you the most joy in your life?
Carrick 5 Gerrard 0 wrote:Drowning

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:42 pm

I saw that as well. I did a lol in real life.

Make football fabulous again!

mikey
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:45 pm

I saw that haha

Leftbank
Assistant Referee
Assistant Referee

Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:52 pm

t.d. wrote:
The most important thing you've learnt from your parents?
Don't bottle things up and try to do everything on your own. It will kill you. Reach out for help when you need it.

What superpower would you have and why?

Rumpole of the Lounge

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:14 am

Short Back and Sides wrote:Death

Besides kids (maybe) and United, what brings you the most joy in your life?
Why assume kids bring everyone joy? Can't stand the things, they do the opposite of bring me joy.

Food brings me joy.

"Make America Great Again!"

Dante
Referee
Referee

Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:19 am

Shapeshifting, so that I could constantly appear different.

And to answer Sia, that's tough, but just because of the mood I'm in right now, Ric Flair, so that I could have the greatest wrestling career in the history of pro wrestling. That will probably change tomorrow though.

Oh yeah, a question. What film/tv show moment will always make you well up?

Carlitos Tevez
Reserve
Reserve

Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:36 am

The Grave of The Fireflies passing away scene. Japanese ghibli animation.

Guess whose currently trending in Argentina and Worldwide? 8-) Slick free kick

t.d.
International Player
International Player

Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:02 am

Dante wrote:Shapeshifting, so that I could constantly appear different.

And to answer Sia, that's tough, but just because of the mood I'm in right now, Ric Flair, so that I could have the greatest wrestling career in the history of pro wrestling. That will probably change tomorrow though.

Oh yeah, a question. What film/tv show moment will always make you well up?
Really had to think about this one. Not to say I'm hard as nails or whatever, rather because I don't tend to watch these films. A couple of scenes in The Return of the King, The Road, and now I'm struggling to remember. I had to be consoled when I was a kid when we went to watch The Hunchback of Notre Dame. THEY WERE THROWING TOMATOES AT HIM. Here I go again...I cried throughout The Reader but that's because I had wasted £10 on a cinema ticket.

Which book has had the biggest impact on you? I don't necessarily mean a life changing experience (though I'm not excluding that), but also a book that took you through the ringer, as it were.

x(t) = Asin(ωt + φ)

The Gunslinger
Reserve
Reserve

Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:15 am

'Dune' is the book that has had the biggest impact on my life as having read it at 17 years of age it represented the beginning of a long love affair with written science fiction. A truly epic book which no other format has been able to do justice. My hope is that one day some burgeoning director will pick it up and be able to do with it what Peter Jackson was able to do with LotR.

How do you see the path of the human species faring in fifty years time?

Ydrah.Tom
International Player
International Player

Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:06 pm

In a ditch, on fire, killed by our own ineptitude. If we've done well the ditch will be on Mars, if not, Norwich.

What is your favorite planet, barring earth, and why?

Return to “Members Lounge”