Next Match: Image
Tottenham in the International Champions Cup.
Thursday 25th July 2019, KO 12:30 BST.
Martin
Supporter
Supporter

E Cigs

Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:10 pm

Anyone on here use them?

Make football fabulous again!

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Re: E Cigs

Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:38 pm

I have in the past. Hurt my throat

100% Top Red

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:21 pm

Saw an 11 year old smoking one yesterday. They must be very cool. (Y)

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:57 pm

Short Back and Sides wrote:I have in the past. Hurt my throat
I've got one atm, they're top notch, better than real cigarettes. Only problem if when you're pissed it's like a never ending cigarette.

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Re: RE: Re: E Cigs

Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:45 pm

Martin wrote:
Short Back and Sides wrote:I have in the past. Hurt my throat
I've got one atm, they're top notch, better than real cigarettes. Only problem if when you're pissed it's like a never ending cigarette.
I was talking to a doctor about them when they first came out. He was a regular when I worked at the petrol station part time. He said they were worse than cigarettes as something (in can't remember what) going into your system could be extremely harmful. I genuinely can't remember exactly what he said but it really put me off

100% Top Red

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:49 pm

There are thousands of things in cigarettes that can be extremely harmful. All of the stuff I've seen online about them says while research/effects are not completely known, they're not as bad as cigarettes.

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:56 pm

The doctor said I would be better off on cigarettes than e cigs

100% Top Red

The Gunslinger
Reserve
Reserve

Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:31 pm

Short Back and Sides wrote:The doctor said I would be better off on cigarettes than e cigs
Your doctor's a liar.

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2015/08August/Pa ... eport.aspx

Not only are they only are regular cigarettes officially 2000% more harmful that vapes but they're 1000% more expensive also.

Honestly, I'd change doctors because yours is shit.

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:31 pm

I thought the same, some doctors are fornicate clueless.

The Gunslinger
Reserve
Reserve

Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:59 pm

I've only just read Short Back's longer post above regarding his doctor so I guess he gets the benefit of the doubt for being wrong since he apparently made this statement 'when they first came out' which was many years ago. NHS recognised studies have since proven vapes to be far better for you than cigarettes.

If there's any personal doubt remaining then the financials alone should swing it. I used to spend £20 a week on tobacco but spend only £2 a week now on liquid.

Don't kid yourself though, you need a good vape to really get the most from it. I have the Innokin iTaste VTR v2, it cost around £75 for the vape, batteries and charger and it's a product of supreme quality. It's far more satisfying than smoking and only 10% of the price.

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:07 pm

I did think you need a good thingy. The one I've got now is just a standard pen type thing, no digital display or anything. It does the job but I had a go on a mate's one and it's a lot better, felt stronger & smoother.

Where's best to buy from? And what should I not do when buying one of these? Anything I need to know?

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:14 pm

What the actual fornicate is that Mav? Looks like a frigging camera or something.

The Gunslinger
Reserve
Reserve

Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:22 pm

Here it is in my hand right now:

It's solid, riveted metal and built to last. It gives a good, strong vape which quickly makes you stop bothering about roll-ups or fags as they just aren't anywhere near as satisfying. It's not one of those sub-ohm cloud machines though, they're impressive but entirely impractical for daily use imo.

If you're looking to get into vaping then this is the product I'd recommend. Certainly don't bother with any of those £30 starter-kit plastic wands, they're shit, aren't particularly satisfying and will break after a couple of months or more.

The Gunslinger
Reserve
Reserve

Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:31 pm

Martin wrote:I did think you need a good thingy. The one I've got now is just a standard pen type thing, no digital display or anything. It does the job but I had a go on a mate's one and it's a lot better, felt stronger & smoother.

Where's best to buy from? And what should I not do when buying one of these? Anything I need to know?
I got mine from Amazon for £55.

It takes 18650 torch batteries, of which there are a shit load of cheap Chinese varieties about for sale online, all of which you should avoid as they're unsafe and have poor life-cycle durations.

You want Panasonic 18650's. You can get 2x for around £12. You'll want 2x, one to use whilst the other charges as they take a good 6hrs. They'll last for 1,000's of charges without degrading and won't leak or combust.

Similarly don't cheap out on a £3.99 Chinese charger. Again, they're not safe and are major fire hazards.

I did some research and got myself an Intelli-charger i4. You can find them online from various outlets at around £16. This doesn't just recklessly pump charge into a battery as the cheap chargers will, it constantly measures the state of the battery, cuts out automatically when full and has emergency cut-off features for in the case of overheating or whatnot.

£83 for all of the above and you'll have a great vape experience. It might sound like a considerable outlay but consider that 'smoking' will cost only £2 a week or so after that and you'll probably cover the cost in the first month relative to your usual cigarette spend.

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:32 pm

Cheers, I'll look into that. What do you do for the liquid, where is best to buy that online?

The Gunslinger
Reserve
Reserve

Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:00 am

So far I've been buying in bulk from a shop nearby my house. I can get 4x 30ml vials there for £36 which will last me about 4 months. Every 6-8 weeks or so I'll get a new coil also for £3 when the wicks burn out.

That's cheap as shit, but I'm gonna shop online for my next batch as my mate told me of a site which sells for around half that price and does good liquid with fast delivery. I can't remember the name of the site but I'll let you know.

If you wanted to go even lower cost you could look into making your own liquids. I know a few blokes at work do just that and they say it's easy enough; you buy 78% proof nicotine solution online and mix it with whatever PB/VB blend you prefer along with a drop of flavouring; though it sounds like hassle imo and for the sake of saving £1 a week or whatever on an already fairly negligible outlay I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:49 pm

What's the issue with the coil?

Yeah let us know this site. Seems all the Youtube reviewers and articles online are positive about that vape btw.

The Gunslinger
Reserve
Reserve

Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:16 pm

The coil is the bit in the tank which deposits liquid onto the heating element via a wick or collection of wicks. After a few weeks the wicks burn out and you'll get a bitter taste coming across before the vape stops toking altogether. Different tanks have different coils, but they all need replacing eventually. The iTaste VTR comes with an iClear 30S tank and the coils are quite long-lasting I find, lasting a good 2 months or so before you need to think about replacement. They're inexpensive, all vape shops ought to stock 30S coils as it's a popular tank, or you can get them online, and they only take a few seconds to switch out.

Picture: the coil is the cylinder inside the tank with the holes down the side containing the wicks.

Picture: the tank screws out allowing access to remove the coil via unscrewing the collar underneath. The nub you see poking out the centre of the collar is the base of the coil which makes contact with the battery.

Picture: I can't take my coil out right now as the tank needs to be empty of liquid, but removed it looks like this.

Matt
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:31 pm

Bought one once which started leaking. Didn't bother again

You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.

The Gunslinger
Reserve
Reserve

Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:46 pm

That's the problem with getting into vaping, people invariably get a cheap product initially to see how they like it. In many cases people then have issues such as an unsatisfactory toke, crappy USB charging, leakage or breaking and thus conclude that vaping isn't for them.

Invest in a good, solid 18560 powered variable voltage vape from the get go and your conclusion will be different. It's better than smoking in every sense imo. It tastes better, it feels better, it's more satisfying, it's more practical, it's less hassle, it's cheaper, it's cleaner, it's more socially acceptable and it's nowhere near as harmful to yourself and those around you.

Matt
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:11 pm

The Gunslinger
Reserve
Reserve

Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:31 pm

What's that?

Matt
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:53 pm

My hand. With an e cig in it.

The Gunslinger
Reserve
Reserve

Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:52 pm

I'll rephrase: What is the make/model of the vape you're holding in your creepy looking hand?

Matt
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:52 pm

eGo CE4

Return to “Members Lounge”