Next Match: Image
Derby County in the League Cup.
Tuesday 25th September 2018, KO 20:00 BST.
Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Terrorism

Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:55 am

Sandies wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:03 am
Relly wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:00 am

Trump is doing something, he addressed the real issue today and that is mental health, not guns. The only thing right now that would have prevented this is having armed faculty at schools.

Every country in the world has mental health issues. EVERY single one.

Only one country has a mentally health having access to guns and shooting up their former school where they made fun of their haircuts a couple years back
This. The easy access to firearms makes thoughts a reality for guys like this.

I understand the libertarian arguments people put forward for wanting to own guns but it annoys me when I see the denial that guns are part of the problem.

The answer to less gun violence is obviously less guns.

Make football fabulous again!

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:17 pm

Agree completely with Martin and Sandies. There are loads of crazy heads around but the easy access to such a deadly and easily maneuverable weapon (of mass destruction when you think about it) alarmingly multiplies the mortal cost of one episode. If he had a knife for instance, he may have caused some damage, but nowhere near this much.

If guns are not part the problem, and anyone can have em, nukes are not a problem either, and anyone should be able to have them as well. Why are we trying to limit the countries and entities with access to these?
Same principle, just a different scale.

There is only one GOLDEN BOY

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:40 pm

Excellent analogy there Glorio on the whole "guns don't kill people....".

Sigh Where to start. Now this is NRA's baby along with the Republican stooges they have there standing in front of the Tv and "eating candy wrappers then throwing away the candy"- " This is pure evil", "our thoughts and prayers"..."mental health...."..."um....not the time to talk about gun regulations"....on and on and on. Machine gun tick of nonsense.

And guess what, most of them go around with armed security detail. I wish they could have their own guns on them to quell any such attacks, then we would see really how effective their argument is. Rep. Scalise (not sure if he's maintained by the NRA) would sing a different tune today than prior to his ordeal. He could just have easily been "retired" from ever being in any Republican conference.
And here lies the rub, there's nothing you can do about guys with mental illness. I mean people trip all the time and you may not be able to predict all of them even with the red flags. What you can do is limit the possible damage anybody who's having an alternate reality episode can cause especially on people minding their business. It is not political, just common sense.

I have tried hard not to mention Trump for a reason...he is part of the problem though.

"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:04 pm

Sandies wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:01 am
Relly wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:47 am
But instead he waited until he knew he would never get anything passed to start pushing the issue, much like Sandies, he was just virtue signalling over gun laws, not actually doing something.

Hopefully that clears things up for you.

You really are a hypocritical birth canal. Pot shot after pot shot but cry to the woodsheds when anyone makes a personal attack on you

But if you honestly think gun control laws didn't work in Australia, or Britain, you're actually a bigger clown than you portray

Although want to know why gun control works in Australia and we haven't had 19 school shooting by the middle of February, because ANYONE (let alone the mentally ill) can't buy an AR-15 like its a subway sandwich.

What on earth anyone needs that gun for is beyond me. Hunting? If you can't kill an magnificent, innocent and defenceless animal without using a machine like that, than you're a bigger cowardly sack of shit than first imagined

Now fornicate off with the personal attacks, I don't mind them, but they become tedious when you cry when the same is done to you
Can you make a post without stating fake news? No there haven't been 19 school shootings, lol, you even added an extra to the already debunked number of 18.

https://www.dailywire.com/node/27165

I don't eat meat because I like animals and don't think they should die for my food. However I am in the process of getting my gun license, it's a sport. I love going to the range and shooting guns and doing target practice. As well, even though I don't eat meat or hunt I have much more respect for someone who is willing to go out and kill an animal, to see what it actually takes to put meat on their plate, then someone who goes to the grocery store, buys a bunch of meat, take it for granted and throws a bunch away.

Here's the difference between the right and the left, if the right doesn't want to do something, they don't do it, if the left doesn't want to do something then they don't want anyone to do it.

"Make America Great Again!"

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:06 pm

Martin wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:55 am
Sandies wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:03 am
Relly wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:00 am

Trump is doing something, he addressed the real issue today and that is mental health, not guns. The only thing right now that would have prevented this is having armed faculty at schools.

Every country in the world has mental health issues. EVERY single one.

Only one country has a mentally health having access to guns and shooting up their former school where they made fun of their haircuts a couple years back
This. The easy access to firearms makes thoughts a reality for guys like this.

I understand the libertarian arguments people put forward for wanting to own guns but it annoys me when I see the denial that guns are part of the problem.

The answer to less gun violence is obviously less guns.
It's just simply never going to be a reality in the US, so other solutions are required.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:09 pm

RED3bution wrote:

Sigh Where to start. Now this is NRA's baby along with the Republican stooges they have there standing in front of the Tv and "eating candy wrappers then throwing away the candy"- " This is pure evil", "our thoughts and prayers"..."mental health...."..."um....not the time to talk about gun regulations"....on and on and on. Machine gun tick of nonsense.

And guess what, most of them go around with armed security detail. I wish they could have their own guns on them to quell any such attacks, then we would see really how effective their argument is. Rep. Scalise (not sure if he's maintained by the NRA) would sing a different tune today than prior to his ordeal. He could just have easily been "retired" from ever being in any Republican conference.
And here lies the rub, there's nothing you can do about guys with mental illness. I mean people trip all the time and you may not be able to predict all of them even with the red flags. What you can do is limit the possible damage anybody who's having an alternate reality episode can cause especially on people minding their business. It is not political, just common sense.

I have tried hard not to mention Trump for a reason...he is part of the problem though.
So is Obama part of the problem, because there were a hell of a lot of mass shootings under Obama, more then Bush.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:21 am

RED3bution wrote:

History suggests that throwing thoughts and prayers hasn't been successful as of yet in preventing the next tragedy

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:30 am

Relly wrote:
Sandies wrote:
Relly wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:47 am
But instead he waited until he knew he would never get anything passed to start pushing the issue, much like Sandies, he was just virtue signalling over gun laws, not actually doing something.

Hopefully that clears things up for you.

You really are a hypocritical birth canal. Pot shot after pot shot but cry to the woodsheds when anyone makes a personal attack on you

But if you honestly think gun control laws didn't work in Australia, or Britain, you're actually a bigger clown than you portray

Although want to know why gun control works in Australia and we haven't had 19 school shooting by the middle of February, because ANYONE (let alone the mentally ill) can't buy an AR-15 like its a subway sandwich.

What on earth anyone needs that gun for is beyond me. Hunting? If you can't kill an magnificent, innocent and defenceless animal without using a machine like that, than you're a bigger cowardly sack of shit than first imagined

Now fornicate off with the personal attacks, I don't mind them, but they become tedious when you cry when the same is done to you
Can you make a post without stating fake news? No there haven't been 19 school shootings, lol, you even added an extra to the already debunked number of 18.

I don't eat meat because I like animals and don't think they should die for my food. However I am in the process of getting my gun license, it's a sport. I love going to the range and shooting guns and doing target practice. As well, even though I don't eat meat or hunt I have much more respect for someone who is willing to go out and kill an animal, to see what it actually takes to put meat on their plate, then someone who goes to the grocery store, buys a bunch of meat, take it for granted and throws a bunch away.

Here's the difference between the right and the left, if the right doesn't want to do something, they don't do it, if the left doesn't want to do something then they don't want anyone to do it.
Trophy game hunters are cowardly murderers, nothing more than that.

You have not addressed yet what on earth ANY citizen, let alone a mentally ill person, needs a AR-15 semi automatic for in any setting

Dont worry, at least you didnt go one further like your hero and blame the victims

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:31 am

Relly wrote:
RED3bution wrote:

So is Obama part of the problem, because there were a hell of a lot of mass shootings under Obama, more then Bush.
Every person had the same reaction to Sandy Hook as they are now.

Well except for one person on here who claims it was a hoax started by Obama

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:20 am

Sandies wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:30 am
Relly wrote:
Sandies wrote:

Trophy game hunters are cowardly murderers, nothing more than that.

You have not addressed yet what on earth ANY citizen, let alone a mentally ill person, needs a AR-15 semi automatic for in any setting

Dont worry, at least you didnt go one further like your hero and blame the victims
The first part I 100% agree with. I still hope that someday I will open the internet and read that someone shot that prick that killed Cecil the Lion. I think it is beyond disgusting and it's one of the few places where the Trump family upsets me, since the sons do it.

There are many guns out there that are bigger, more powerful and shoot larger rounds than an AR-15. It's just a riffle, shoots moderately sized cartridges but it looks cool and kinda scary and MSNBC does stories about how you can attach a grenade launcher to it and people think it's some special, super dangerous gun. However if you don't understand why some people shoot guns, for whatever reason they choose, then you will never understand why someone would want an AR. Having shot a few I can tell it's a very easy gun to handle and it's very comfortable to shoot. It's relatively cheap and highly modifiable, meaning you can really personalize it.

And to even suggest Trump, or anyone, is blaming the victims is completely assinine and it's bullshit like that why it's impossible to have an intelligent debate with a lefty such as yourself. Anyone with a heart is going to be horrified by a story like this.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:22 am

Sandies wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:31 am
Relly wrote:
RED3bution wrote:

Every person had the same reaction to Sandy Hook as they are now.

Well except for one person on here who claims it was a hoax started by Obama
I never said it was a hoax, I just pointed out some of the extremely questionable circumstances surrounding that story. Funny I don't recall you on here blaming Obama and demanding he did something when Sandy Hook happened.

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:50 am

So you do believe Sandy Hook is real? I never got that impression. You and your main man info wars' Jones were bouncing that all around like it was a prank by the media.
Anyways let me swivel real quick, I think you will find that the word "blame" is too strong for what Trump did with mental health but he did imply and in the absence of no other talking point, even make the case that the mass shooting problem was a mental illness problem. Simplistic and misleading to a very high degree. The insincerity of it all was laid bare, and perhaps for the benefit of the Republican team, that he made no mention of guns.
It's like addressing the rising crime rate in a heavily unemployed part of a city and blaming too much television-watching for it. It undercuts any seriousness mustered to address the situation.

"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:37 pm

Relly wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:06 pm
It's just simply never going to be a reality in the US, so other solutions are required.
It will take generations to even put a dent in it but it's the only solution.

Doing nothing shouldn't be an option because as we know it will happen again and seriously suggesting there should be more guns is insane. I don't think many teachers would want their class rooms to resemble a military barracks (and this is assuming they are trained to take out a shooter :laugh: ) but that's the sort of thing I've seen suggested.

Some things mentioned are valid (mental health support, stricter background checks etc) but people seem to want to blame everything else but the guns.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:14 am

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:03 am

This video above is "Jerry Springer" radio. A man hyperventilating words into a mic and can't seem to get tired of the orgasm he's apparently having (with his eye rolls and unfinished sentences). Sensationalist, somewhat entertaining (he's so angry Alex Jones will probably have to rip his boxers tomorrow to stay in the competition) and stupid. I would elaborate and maybe I will a bit later. Thanks Relly for sharing one of your sources.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:18 pm

RED3bution wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:03 am
This video above is "Jerry Springer" radio. A man hyperventilating words into a mic and can't seem to get tired of the orgasm he's apparently having (with his eye rolls and unfinished sentences). Sensationalist, somewhat entertaining (he's so angry Alex Jones will probably have to rip his boxers tomorrow to stay in the competition) and stupid. I would elaborate and maybe I will a bit later. Thanks Relly for sharing one of your sources.
He's not "one of my sources" he's a comedian/entertainer but he is a very smart, well informed guy and he sums up every failed anti-gun argument very quickly and effectively.

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:41 pm

He's smart and well-informed??!! :roll:

My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:34 pm

RedSte wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:41 pm
He's smart and well-informed??!! :roll:
Do you even know who he is? Ever listen to him, or watched him? No, you just make a little uninformed dig and rest your case. Everything he says in the video is true, it's just not the truth you want to hear.

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:54 pm

In terms of pro gun guys I like Ben Shapiro. I don't agree with a lot of the stuff he says but I enjoy listening to him argue his points.

He was good when he discussed guns with Piers Morgan. He made a point about Piers standing on the graves of the dead kids to try and discredit guys who are in favour of guns by suggesting they are callous and don't care about the victims, and during the break they had planned to get a survivor of one attack who was in a wheelchair into the studio with them so Ben could repeat his arguments to him, but then didn't as he'd already made that point about Piers standing on the graves of the victims and using bully tactics. Said something like if he had brought the kid out he'd have said "you've stood on the graves of dead kids and now you're standing on this kid's wheelchair"

Was pretty funny hearing him talk about it.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:41 pm

Martin wrote:
In terms of pro gun guys I like Ben Shapiro. I don't agree with a lot of the stuff he says but I enjoy listening to him argue his points.

He was good when he discussed guns with Piers Morgan. He made a point about Piers standing on the graves of the dead kids to try and discredit guys who are in favour of guns by suggesting they are callous and don't care about the victims, and during the break they had planned to get a survivor of one attack who was in a wheelchair into the studio with them so Ben could repeat his arguments to him, but then didn't as he'd already made that point about Piers standing on the graves of the victims and using bully tactics. Said something like if he had brought the kid out he'd have said "you've stood on the graves of dead kids and now you're standing on this kid's wheelchair"

I love Ben Shapiro, never miss his show. And I don't think I have ever seen anyone go toe to toe with him and not come out with their tail between their legs.

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:53 pm

Martin wrote:

If it's the same Ben Shapiro I saw commenting on Black Panther, then I think I know what you mean by your last statement. If he had sweat on his forehead, he would be tested for illegal substances after every talk session. My guess is he'd fail each and every time. He reminds me of that guy in Big Bang theory.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:01 am

I know Relly is going to claim fake news and say it's not what he said, but he did, a few times, and even offered bonuses to the ones that do, but Trump's claim that teaches need to be armed is the most illformed, misguided and insulting solution I have ever heard

As a teacher, to see how little the government values education and doesn't allocate any of the budget to education, to then go and offer bonuses to those willing to arm themselves and undertake military training is an absolute disgrace

and just in case:

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:56 pm

Why would I deny that? I think that is best solution to immediately impact change on this situation. These guys purposely pick soft targets, you don't think they might think twice about going into a school with guns blazing if they knew there were several armed and trained people on sight? I can't even think how you would counter a point like that.

Ben Shapiro that was talked about earlier in this thread told a story the other day about how he went to a Jewish school in LA and there was a anti-semetic terrorist who attacked a jewish center just down the road from his school, and the guy confessed that his initial target was Ben's school, but when he drove by there was an armed guard out front of the school so the guy moved on to another target.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:37 pm

Relly wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:56 pm
Why would I deny that? I think that is best solution to immediately impact change on this situation. These guys purposely pick soft targets, you don't think they might think twice about going into a school with guns blazing if they knew there were several armed and trained people on sight? I can't even think how you would counter a point like that.

Ben Shapiro that was talked about earlier in this thread told a story the other day about how he went to a Jewish school in LA and there was a anti-semetic terrorist who attacked a jewish center just down the road from his school, and the guy confessed that his initial target was Ben's school, but when he drove by there was an armed guard out front of the school so the guy moved on to another target.

Yep, an armed guard. A completely different scenario to an armed teacher.

I have no issue with an armed guards at school. I don't understand people who do. Especially when you live in a nutjob country. I went to 2 schools in my life and worked at 1 other, and all 3 of them had heavily armed guards outside the school, and thats Australia.

Firstly, giving a teacher a gun, how would the shooter know until he gets to him? How many kids die before that?

Secondly, how could a gun in a classroom be a good idea? How could anyone believe a teacher would want to carry a gun around? Teachers work their fornicate asses off for absolutely no support and no pay but you're telling them they'll only get their bonus if they train to become a military shooter?

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:48 pm

To try to take the use of the word "gun" or "arms" out of the equation (as they're such emotive terms to so-called 2nd Amendment fans), how about we try looking at the underlying pure logic of both sides of the argument by using this scenario....?

Johnny has been going round the school playground hitting other schoolkids with a big stick. What's the best solution for this?

(a) Give everyone a big stick
(b) Give some specially selected big kids big sticks
(c) Take the sticks away

The NBSA (national big stick association) would presumably vote (a)
Trump seems to like (b)
90% of the world would wonder why there's even a debate about the concept of the authorities going around handing out sticks to schoolkids and obviously vote (c)

Now all you have to do is replace the word "stick" with "gun" and Hey Presto! :)

My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

Return to “Members Lounge”