Next Match: Image
AZ Alkmaar in the Europa League.
Thursday 12th December 2019, KO 20:00 UTC.
Relly
Supporter
Supporter

US Politics Thread

Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:38 am

Labelling Trump a racist is just a lazy insult from an uneducated, misinformed sheep to the mainstream media. If you haven't noticed, all the trumps crazy, soundbyte bullshit has ground to a halt as his popularity soars amongst people, as he receives more endorsements from respected politicians and as he dominates all the polls.

"Make America Great Again!"

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Re: US Politics Thread

Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:45 am

Relly wrote:Labelling Trump a racist is just a lazy insult from an uneducated, misinformed sheep to the mainstream media. If you haven't noticed, all the trumps crazy, soundbyte bullshit has ground to a halt as his popularity soars amongst people, as he receives more endorsements from respected politicians and as he dominates all the polls.
Says alot about you

"Make United Great again"....

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:29 am

Wait, Trumps not a racist? Ive heard it all now

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:09 am

Sandies wrote:Wait, Trumps not a racist? Ive heard it all now
No, he just hates Mexicans

marcus leong
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:20 pm

Relly wrote:Labelling Trump a racist is just a lazy insult from an uneducated, misinformed sheep to the mainstream media. If you haven't noticed, all the trumps crazy, soundbyte bullshit has ground to a halt as his popularity soars amongst people, as he receives more endorsements from respected politicians and as he dominates all the polls.
Sarah palin?

Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:16 pm

dbecks07 wrote:
And Muslims

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:03 pm

Sandies wrote:
dbecks07 wrote:
And Muslims
So what race are muslims? Are muslims from Iran the same race as muslims from Nigeria, the same race as muslims from India, the same race as muslims from Bosnia?

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:24 pm

While I don't agree with Trump's politics and do believe he espouses bigoted views as a means of entertainment, I don't think Relly's political preferences should be used against him. We can have mature discussions without descending into "Trumpian" tactics so to speak.

I don't think anybody is honest who while bashing LVG is not hanging Rooney out too....the two of them are a pair. Huge expectations, massive disappointments.

"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:52 pm

Relly wrote:
Sandies wrote:
dbecks07 wrote:
And Muslims
So what race are muslims? Are muslims from Iran the same race as muslims from Nigeria, the same race as muslims from India, the same race as muslims from Bosnia?
What point you trying to make? That he only hates one type of them?

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:39 am

Sandies wrote:
Relly wrote:
Sandies wrote:
And Muslims
What point you trying to make? That he only hates one type of them?
That you accused Trump of being racist because his concern with Muslims immigrating to the US. I pointed out to you that it is impossible to label him a racist on this basis because Islam is not a race. At best it's a religion, at its core its more of a political ideology. But it is practiced all over the world, by white people, black people, asians, arabs, etc. So there is no one particular race that is being centered out by these views, so its impossible to say he is racist.

At the end of the day, immigration is a tool designed to improve a country. There is no requirements for a country to accept anyone from anywhere. Most muslim countries hate the US, so its not that radical of a suggestion to stop allowing people in from these countries until a proper way of vetting them can be established. Japan pretty much doesn't allow Muslims into their country and you never see widespread claims of racism against their political leaders.

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:30 pm

Relly is right. Bigoted would be a better word.

Saying he hates Mexicans doesn't make him racist either BTW, they don't all share the same ethnic background.

Make football fabulous again!

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:37 pm

Can somebody post Trump's most racist comments? People used to try this with Tommy Robinson.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:00 pm

Um, Japan is famously racist.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:26 pm

Martin wrote:Relly is right. Bigoted would be a better word.

Saying he hates Mexicans doesn't make him racist either BTW, they don't all share the same ethnic background.
He clearly doesn't hate all Mexicans though. The problem arose from the fact that he speaks off the cuff so sometimes his comments can be a little less refined, although this is one of his best features because he is completely honest and will answer any question put to him. So far the media is loving him because he actually answers questions.

But what he said about the Mexican border is true and it was proven about a week after that famous speech. A guy that had been deport 5 times made his way across the border again and murdered some random woman crossing the street. One of the biggest problems with the Mexican border is not really the Mexicans crossing it, but people from central America that are being help through because Mexico doesn't want them. In the southern US there are lots of south American gangs and they are violent and dangerous. And the reality with Mexico is that it has a very high crime rate. Cuidad Juarez is a border city with the US and a few years ago was named the most dangerous city in the world. There is absolutely no denying that there are people from Mexico sneaking into the US everyday, so can anyone who claims Trump was wrong guarantee that these are all law abiding citizens coming? None of the Mexican cartel members, or south American gangs members are coming through that way?

Trump has lots of Mexicans who work for his company and lots of them have come out in defense of him since the comment. Law abiding Mexicans who came to the country properly don't like these people either because they are worried that they make them look bad.

IMO people who still bang on about a comment Trump made 7 or 8 months ago are people who really don't follow the subject and are only jumping on some social media cause that Donald Trump is evil incarnate.

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:10 pm

Yeah I'm familiar with Juarez, think I posted about it on here before. I saw a documentary about the La Bestia train journey from El Salvador.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_tren_de_la_muerte

Is it just the Mexican stuff that has made people call him racist?

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:55 pm

Martin wrote:Yeah I'm familiar with Juarez, think I posted about it on here before. I saw a documentary about the La Bestia train journey from El Salvador.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_tren_de_la_muerte

Is it just the Mexican stuff that has made people call him racist?
That and the Muslim immigration thing. However, only an agenda driven fool would label someone racist based on the views on a religion.

Calling someone a racist is a strong and dangerous accusation. Unfortunately people just love to do it, even without having full stories or proof of said accusations. IMO its done because it makes people feel better about themselves and their own, possibly subconscious, feelings. Lets face it, at the end of the day the majority of people, whether they are white, black, asian, etc habour some racists views, its just human instinct, get drawn to what you know, be cautious of what you don't.

ivandaman
International Player
International Player

Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:02 pm

All I can say is I wish we had someone like Trump in Canadian politics now too, in stead of the "Magic Mike" clueless poster boy, who gives money away to all sort of bogus causes like spoiled rich privileged kid (that in fact he is) in stead of taking care of people in his own country. Child poverty and homelessness is reaching third world proportions in British Columbia (where I live) Bridges and infrastructure are falling apart. Middle class is taxed to the max and disposable income has been declining for generations while housing cost has skyrocketed.

Fix your own back yard first before you start acting as a BIG shot and try to fix world's problems.

You can not help others if you are in dire need of help yourself.

To Be A Man UNITED Supporter IS NOT A Right! .... It is a Privilege.

Carrick 5 Gerrard 0
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:12 pm

He is treating a bunch of people differently because of their beliefs. Why should a Muslim not be allowed to enter America because they believe in a certain God. I have no convictions, I don't support Isis, I class myself as a British Muslim and I am just a part of this society as th me next person, I work, I pay my taxes, I do voulenteering work etc but just because I believe in a certain God, the USA will ban me. Muslims make up a good proportion of the world population, you're gonna ban sportsmen? Politicans? Musicians etc or just us regular joes?
I'm glad the UK don't have anyone like that (with that much support)

ivandaman
International Player
International Player

Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:03 pm

Well, there's a reason that he's got "That much support". People are sick and tired of political correctness and politicians who have no balls tackling the real issues. Everything from Trade and Economy to national and personal security.

Those two nutters in California killed their colleagues after they did a wedding party and a baby shower for them, and the man was born in the US..
What kind of sick psycho you must be to have a little baby and to go on a rampage and kill the same people who showed so much respect and love for you???? And they did this in the name of God???

Give me a fornicate break..

To Be A Man UNITED Supporter IS NOT A Right! .... It is a Privilege.

Carrick 5 Gerrard 0
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:22 pm

So a duo go on the rampage, claim its for their beliefs and you want to ban Muslims? How many people in the U.S. go on a rampage with guns and yet Americans don't wanna ban them?

Carrick 5 Gerrard 0
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:24 pm

Are you also gonna ban Muslim Americans born in the country, what about those sacrificing their lives day in, day out for their country in the army?

Dante
Referee
Referee

Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:35 pm

Banning guns would be a pretty good start, shame it won't ever happen.

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:37 pm

Carrick 5 Gerrard 0 wrote:Are you also gonna ban Muslim Americans born in the country, what about those sacrificing their lives day in, day out for their country in the army?
He has already addressed this. U.S. citizens will not be banned or refused entry should they leave the States and attempt to return, whether they are Muslim or not.

Nobody is getting banned anyway.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:00 pm

What makes American Muslims so special?

Carrick 5 Gerrard 0
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:01 pm

Martin wrote:
Carrick 5 Gerrard 0 wrote:Are you also gonna ban Muslim Americans born in the country, what about those sacrificing their lives day in, day out for their country in the army?
He has already addressed this. U.S. citizens will not be banned or refused entry should they leave the States and attempt to return, whether they are Muslim or not.

Nobody is getting banned anyway.
This is for Ivan, he brought an example of an born US guy but these policies won't address that so what does Ivan want, all Muslims banned?
I agree it won't happen but crazier things have happened

Return to “Members Lounge”