Next Match: Image
Benfica in the Champions League.
Wednesday 18th October 2017, KO 19:45 BST.
Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Game of Thrones

Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:39 pm

Winter is here.

Waited far too long for this.

So who will die in the first episode?

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Re: Game of Thrones

Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:30 am

Only 8 episodes too.

Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:21 am

Anyone see last night's episode? Did you see Jon Snow with the dragon? Or Gilly talking about Rhaegar?

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:54 am

Bits of this discussion are in the TV Shows thread.

Not sure why the Stark girls don't simply ask Bran what little finger is up to, and you would have thought Arya would be a lot more stealthy while tailing that weasel - at least mask up!

We're already see cracks between Arya and Sansa. Littlefinger's meddling can't be great for that. You need to go home asap Jon! And I don't mean pass through home on your way outside the wall

At least we had one episode without Daenerys asking Jon to bend the knee. Instead she spent the episode staring at her nephew with googly eyes - when she wasn't burning families to ashes, that is. And that Drogon fellow doesn't seem to be showing any ill effects to the huge carved tree thrust in his shoulder, or wherever it hit.

What on earth did Cersei mean by "don't betray me again"? Was it for not killing Bronn, or not killing Tyrion, or not dying with the rest of the army? Or was it just the terrible cocktail or being a psychotic being and hormones?

Was actually a good episode, but after the action packed ones we've seen so far, it seemed a bit toned down.
There is only one GOLDEN BOY

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:12 am

Glorio wrote:Bits of this discussion are in the TV Shows thread.

Not sure why the Stark girls don't simply ask Bran what little finger is up to, and you would have thought Arya would be a lot more stealthy while tailing that weasel - at least mask up!

We're already see cracks between Arya and Sansa. Littlefinger's meddling can't be great for that. You need to go home asap Jon! And I don't mean pass through home on your way outside the wall

At least we had one episode without Daenerys asking Jon to bend the knee. Instead she spent the episode staring at her nephew with googly eyes - when she wasn't burning families to ashes, that is. And that Drogon fellow doesn't seem to be showing any ill effects to the huge carved tree thrust in his shoulder, or wherever it hit.

What on earth did Cersei mean by "don't betray me again"? Was it for not killing Bronn, or not killing Tyrion, or not dying with the rest of the army? Or was it just the terrible cocktail or being a psychotic being and hormones?

Was actually a good episode, but after the action packed ones we've seen so far, it seemed a bit toned down.
I have a feeling the stark sisters are playing little finger. We'll see.

Jamie met with tyrion behind her back. That's the betrayal she is saying. I do think she is lying about the pregnancy to get jamie's loyalty.

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:02 pm

marcus leong wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:12 am
Glorio wrote:Bits of this discussion are in the TV Shows thread.

I have a feeling the stark sisters are playing little finger. We'll see.

Jamie met with tyrion behind her back. That's the betrayal she is saying. I do think she is lying about the pregnancy to get jamie's loyalty.
Jamie didn't know he was meeting with Tyrion, and he told her straightaway tbf

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:44 pm

Glorio wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:02 pm

Jamie didn't know he was meeting with Tyrion, and he told her straightaway tbf
Since when Cersei is fair :laugh:

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:51 pm

I have not watch since season 1, however I have read all the books and was wondering how close are the TV series to the books. Is there anyone watching who has also read the books?
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:06 am

ArizonaRed wrote:I have not watch since season 1, however I have read all the books and was wondering how close are the TV series to the books. Is there anyone watching who has also read the books?
I dont read but from what I know it had somewhat deviate from the book since the last two season because the show had gone pass the book in most plot. The most complain I see is Jamie's storyline.

Udit Misra
Academy Player
Academy Player
Call Me: Udit

Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:26 pm

HBO Spain aired the 6th episode "mistakenly" today. It's all over the internet, if you guys care to watch.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:50 pm

marcus leong wrote:
ArizonaRed wrote:I have not watch since season 1, however I have read all the books and was wondering how close are the TV series to the books. Is there anyone watching who has also read the books?
I dont read but from what I know it had somewhat deviate from the book since the last two season because the show had gone pass the book in most plot. The most complain I see is Jamie's storyline.
Thanks I'll maybe give season 2 a try and see where that leads.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:08 pm

ArizonaRed wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:50 pm
marcus leong wrote:
Thanks I'll maybe give season 2 a try and see where that leads.

It's a brilliant show .... Not just hype. Felt they lost their way a bit with season 4 and thereabouts when the pace was horribly slow as they were waiting for the books, but once they decided to go beyond the book, the show has gathered pace, and is a really good watch.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:16 pm

Holy crap, the last scene of episode 6. Most exciting one yet, not a fans of arya's storyline though.

Giants14
International Player
International Player

Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:07 am

Its getting better and better -definitely up there with the best shows ever.

This season has been unreal - a big shame that its so short - next week is the finale.
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:30 pm

Does feel a bit rushed, and a bit more Hollywood this season, but I ain't complaining. Good guys had to catch a break at some point!

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:08 pm

Glorio wrote:
Does feel a bit rushed, and a bit more Hollywood this season, but I ain't complaining. Good guys had to catch a break at some point!
Looking at online review many had been complaining about some logics in the show but i'm ignoring most of it. :laugh:

I do feel like choking arya, that storyline is so frustrating.

Giants14
International Player
International Player

Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:56 am

marcus leong wrote:
Glorio wrote:
Looking at online review many had been complaining about some logics in the show but i'm ignoring most of it. :laugh:

Arya's has been great until now - unless the two of them are playing Little Finger, this storyline just looks like filler.

As for the logic - going past the wall to get 1 white walker - was a great plan lol

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:46 am

Giants14 wrote:
marcus leong wrote:
Glorio wrote:
Looking at online review many had been complaining about some logics in the show but i'm ignoring most of it.

Arya's has been great until now - unless the two of them are playing Little Finger, this storyline just looks like filler.

As for the logic - going past the wall to get 1 white walker - was a great plan lol
Haha..I dont see how they would convince cercei. She dont give a fornicate.

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:37 pm

Did you see the theory that the Whites were waiting for their enemies to come to them so they could get their hands on a dragon?

The Wall's a bit pointless now...

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Oh and the Kingslayer will slay another King...

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:10 am

Ole wrote:
Did you see the theory that the Whites were waiting for their enemies to come to them so they could get their hands on a dragon?

The Wall's a bit pointless now...

Ya I saw. Don't think that is the case.

Aren't the wall protected by magic? Night king need to bring down the wall to bring his army over anyway, no point flying over alone lol

Ashwin
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
Call Me: Ashwin

Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:43 pm

marcus leong wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:16 pm
Holy crap, the last scene of episode 6. Most exciting one yet, not a fans of arya's storyline though.
I didn't like the Arya-Sansa storyline much this season at all. I still think they're only getting through the phases to eventually have one of them (I think its Arya and felt so since episode #2) will end up killing Littlefinger.
“Bill, how would you like to be manager of the best team in the country?”
And Shankly said: “Why? Is Matt Busby packing it in?”

Dante
Referee
Referee

Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:35 am

Ole wrote:
Oh and the Kingslayer will slay another King...

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:24 am

Woot?? This finale was class with a capital C!!! I won't say too much now as I don't want to include spoilers, but that was GOT at it's darkest best

Giants14
International Player
International Player

Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:04 am

EPIC!!

Gutted its over.

Return to “Members Lounge”