Next Match: Image
Valencia in the Champions League.
Wednesday 12th December 2018, KO 20:00 UTC.
Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Dear England

Tue May 29, 2018 7:08 pm

Jailing journalists for reporting the truth. Didn't you all freakout because you thought Trump would do this exact thing?

"Make America Great Again!"

Sigmar
Academy Player
Academy Player

Tue May 29, 2018 7:42 pm

Relly wrote:
Jailing journalists for reporting the truth. Didn't you all freakout because you thought Trump would do this exact thing?
Tommy Robinson ( not his real name) is not a journalist, he is a founder member of the EDL, and has a history of convictions, assault being one of them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Robinson_(activist)

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Tue May 29, 2018 8:26 pm

Sigmar wrote:
Relly wrote:
Tommy Robinson ( not his real name) is not a journalist, he is a founder member of the EDL, and has a history of convictions, assault being one of them.

And now he is a journalist, working for the The Rebel, has been for some time now. And I am pretty sure he was reporting at the time of this incident. And he hasn't been associated with the EDL in years. But go one, keep doing the work of your tyrannical oppressive government for them.

I have to say I am starting to feel less and less sorry for you people. You seem to welcome giving up your rights and freedoms.

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Tue May 29, 2018 8:36 pm

This is ridiculous Relly.

He was given a suspended sentence for this previously, and told if he did it again then he would be called to prison. Court restrictions are there to protect the witnesses as well as the defendants, Tommy 'reporting' on it risks a mistrial, meaning it has to start all over again and costs hundreds of thousands of pounds.

He hasn't been hard done by and knew exactly what he was doing.

Reporting is allowed once the case has finished, not before.

Make football fabulous again!

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Tue May 29, 2018 10:08 pm

This is where the Breitbart/Trump fake news agenda gets you to. latch on to half a story and twist it beyond recognition. Thankfully such rigours as "double sourcing" stories etc are no longer a thing of the past, but they become diluted with the influx of all these "so-called news" outlets!

My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

Sigmar
Academy Player
Academy Player

Tue May 29, 2018 10:36 pm

Relly wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 8:26 pm
Sigmar wrote:
Relly wrote:

And now he is a journalist, working for the The Rebel, has been for some time now. And I am pretty sure he was reporting at the time of this incident. And he hasn't been associated with the EDL in years. But go one, keep doing the work of your tyrannical oppressive government for them.

I have to say I am starting to feel less and less sorry for you people. You seem to welcome giving up your rights and freedoms.
He is not a 'trained' journalist, and has changed direction more times than a skier on a slalom course.

My cousin works for the Police, and whilst Mr Robinson thinks he is doing good by going to courts and outing these people he is doing the British justice system a disservice, in this country you are innocent until proven guilty, and cases against rapists and paedophiles have failed because of Mr Robinsons actions.
Plus he chooses to only report on those commited by a certain group in the community, when in fact there are just as many rapists and paedophiles in other communities, and when I last checked enciting racial hate is a crime in this country.

In America Mr Robinson would be wearing a white sheet and pointy hat

Sigmar
Academy Player
Academy Player

Tue May 29, 2018 10:38 pm

Martin wrote:

He was given a suspended sentence for this previously, and told if he did it again then he would be called to prison. Court restrictions are there to protect the witnesses as well as the defendants, Tommy 'reporting' on it risks a mistrial, meaning it has to start all over again and costs hundreds of thousands of pounds.

Where's a big 'LIKE' button when you need one !

Dante
Referee
Referee

Tue May 29, 2018 10:43 pm

Relly wrote:
He's not reporting the truth. He's making assertions about someone in the middle of a trial. Our legal system works on a presumption of innocent until proven guilty, and the right to a fair trial. Tommy Robinson's "reporting" puts that in jeopardy. He can say whatever he wants once the trials are over. What he's doing brings the serious possibility of the trial, and related trials collapsing. At best this means a new trial with the witnesses forced to endure this again, and at worst the men go free.

If someone from the BBC had done this they would also be in jail for the record.

This isn't an issue of freedom of speech (reporting is postponed until after the trial, not prevented entirely). It's about the integrity of the judicial system.

ivandaman
International Player
International Player

Wed May 30, 2018 8:02 am

There a few issues with the above "arguments"

He was arrested for "Breach of Peace" not for violating the publication ban

He hasn't reported anything that day. Watch the video of his arrest.

I don't think he violated the "publication ban" .. and he wasn't arrested for that but for some bogus "breach of peace" It's on video..

The police repeated the phrase "Breach of Peace" at least 3 times.

To Be A Man UNITED Supporter IS NOT A Right! .... It is a Privilege.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Wed May 30, 2018 11:35 am

Martin wrote:

Why even bother

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Wed May 30, 2018 11:37 am

RedSte wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 10:08 pm
This is where the Breitbart/Trump fake news agenda gets you to. latch on to half a story and twist it beyond recognition. Thankfully such rigours as "double sourcing" stories etc are no longer a thing of the past, but they become diluted with the influx of all these "so-called news" outlets!
:clap: :clap:

Dante
Referee
Referee

Wed May 30, 2018 1:59 pm

ivandaman wrote:

I don't think he violated the "publication ban" .. and he wasn't arrested for that but for some bogus "breach of peace" It's on video..

His arrest for breach of the peace isn't relevant to the charge of contempt of court. They are separate things. It matters not how the court becomes aware of him violating the terms of his suspended sentence.

He did violate the reporting restrictions. I don't need to watch the video of his arrest because I've watched the stream that's landed him in trouble. He repeatedly mentions the reporting restrictions, but goes on to repeatedly reference the linked trials anyway. He keeps saying he has to be careful, but then isn't.

I repeat again, when in front of the judge, he admitted he was in contempt of court.

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Wed May 30, 2018 2:29 pm

There is a part of me that thinks Tommy wanted this to happen, knowing that it would be a short sentence and he'd be out in a few months. The more he can push this idea that he's being persecuted, the better it is for his brand.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Wed May 30, 2018 2:40 pm

It's certainly possible, he's talked about how easy he found jail before so I can believe he might be willing to do that.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Wed May 30, 2018 3:57 pm

ivandaman wrote:

The judge also admitted in court that he had watched very little of the video that was supposedly the basis of his conviction. Tommy was targeted because he is shedding light on the UK governments attempts to hide the crimes of certain members of society.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Wed May 30, 2018 4:00 pm

Sandies wrote:
Martin wrote:

Why even bother
Yeah, why bother, I will never become a dumb sheep with his head down on the way to the slaughter. Clearly I differ greatly from the majority here in that I value freedom of speech and due process of the law and saving my country from the global elite and their army of invaders.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Wed May 30, 2018 4:02 pm

Martin wrote:
There is a part of me that thinks Tommy wanted this to happen, knowing that it would be a short sentence and he'd be out in a few months. The more he can push this idea that he's being persecuted, the better it is for his brand.
Wanted this to happen?? I will be surprised if he last's a month in an English prison since they are essentially muslim extremist training grounds.

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Wed May 30, 2018 4:26 pm

Relly wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 4:02 pm
Martin wrote:
Wanted this to happen?? I will be surprised if he last's a month in an English prison since they are essentially muslim extremist training grounds.
He has already been in prison for a year and survived.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Wed May 30, 2018 8:00 pm

Relly wrote:
The judge also admitted in court that he had watched very little of the video that was supposedly the basis of his conviction. Tommy was targeted because he is shedding light on the UK governments attempts to hide the crimes of certain members of society.
The basis of his conviction was him admitting contempt of court.

ivandaman
International Player
International Player

Wed May 30, 2018 9:52 pm

Dante wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 8:00 pm
Relly wrote:
The basis of his conviction was him admitting contempt of court.
Of course he did.. This is what the state lawyer "advised" him to do. He'd probably get a better "deal" out of it.
It happens all the time. People plead "Guilty" to get a lighter sentence even if they are NOT.... Honestly are you people that gullible ... Turn of BBC for God's sake...
I'm not a legal expert but a quick google search shows that "breach of peace" and "contempt of court" are NOT the same fornicate thing but I guess one can lead to another..

Still it is painfully obvious that the police wasn't even instructed properly to use the correct terminology... This is why TR asked several times.
"What does it mean?, What does it mean" He realized that that was a bogus charge and wanted to have the explanation on camera.

I agree with one thing though.. If Tommy Robinson wanted to stay out of jail he should've kept quiet, and stay off line and the public eye until the sentences are read and the publication ban removed. I get it that he willingly put himself in this situation, but then again because of this "Play it safe, don't say anything attitude" the west is in such a deep shit.
It's a well documented fact that all those grooming scandals, child rapes and pedophilia went on for decades because authorities were afraid to be accused of being "Racist"..
This is how pathetic the UK has become, so spare me all this legal mambo jumbo "Oh he disobeyed court orders he deserves to be in jail" bullshit

I can guarantee you that if the roles were flipped and a bunch of white British dudes had raped thousands of innocent muslim/migrant girls everyone would be singing a totally different tune.. There would be no publication ban.. There would be crowds of angry muslims on the streets protesting and rioting and neither the police nor the injustice system would dare to touch them. You know it I know it everyone knows it ..

There are two different sets of rules.
One for native Europeans and one for the so called minorities .. and this is the same all across western Europe..

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Wed May 30, 2018 10:36 pm

You do realise that his actions make it MORE likely that the (alleged) scumbags he was trying to highlight will have their cases quashed as they are now less likely to get due process?

I tend to agree with martins theory that this was a deliberate act to get publicity as he's been a bit off the radar lately and probably needs the funds!

My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

ivandaman
International Player
International Player

Thu May 31, 2018 7:35 am

Yeah there are theories that he might have done this on purpose, but from what I saw He was genuinely shocked at being arrested.
There are even people suggesting that the whole thing is a circus so that they can declare a mistrial and let the scumbags off the hook.. I personally don't believe that but the cynic in me also had some doubts and I always try to look at such situations from all angles.

I don't think it was a set up that TR willingly participated in.. He may have wanted to create some buzz and expecting to have some clash with the police but he definitely didn't know he'd be arrested, sentenced and thrown in jail in the space of an hour. No way he would willingly go to jail..

Kinnell
Academy Player
Academy Player

Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:40 pm

ivandaman wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 5:54 am
The UK has officially declared itself as a totalitarian, tyrannical, oppressive dictatorship.
It is a police state.
The current "government" is an illegitimate globalists' puppet regime that openly works against the interest of the British citizens and it has completely capitulated to Islam
(The so-called) Multiculturalism has destroyed democracy. Political correctness has paralyzed the legal system.
Political correctness is the official compulsory religion that everyone is forced to follow just in a cult-like fashion
British history is being "revised" (I'd say erased) and now the official narrative is the Britain has always been a "diverse" nation
They even claim that the first Britons had dark skin
Free speech is no longer tolerated. Anyone who dares to question the official narrative can literally be thrown in jail

This is what's happening to "their" former country Ben and you and I warned them a few years ago and we were laughed at.
When I first read your post Ivan,I thought what is he talking about.This isn't my England he is describing.
But then I thought my god he is right,that is exactly what is happening.

You have opened my eyes Ivan and everything you say is true.
We are ruled by multi-millionaire ex public schoolboys who don't give a damn about the poor,the disabled,the sick,the unemployed and the elderly.
They cover their sheer incompetence and waste of public funds by introducing savage cuts across all walks of public services ie health,security,policing,welfare services for the needy and disabled and unemployed.
They then go home to their mansions on the hill and could'nt give a shit.

I was born in Manchester and am predominately of Irish republic descent but I love England.
But as you and Relly have said,we are losing our history,traditions and Judea/Christian heritage to to the PC brigade and the ever increasing influence that Islam has over it.
I'm not referring to the vast majority of Muslims in this country who are hard working and industrious and among the nicest people I have ever met.I'am proud to have a number of Muslims as friends.
But when local authorities ban the erection of nativity scenes and even the word Christmas we blame Muslims but it is the influence of Islam on political and public leaders that is the problem.

I used to be an anti-monarchist but I'm not now because that is all England has left of it's rich history and traditions going back to 600 AD.
For the first time in years I was flushed with pride at the recent royal wedding of Harry and Meghan.I showed England at it's unique best.

Once that goes we might as well turn off the lights.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:51 am

Relly wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 4:00 pm
Sandies wrote:
Martin wrote:

Why even bother
Yeah, why bother, I will never become a dumb sheep with his head down on the way to the slaughter. Clearly I differ greatly from the majority here in that I value freedom of speech and due process of the law and saving my country from the global elite and their army of invaders.
You have, once again, commented on issue without bothering to find out the real story

You "Value freedom of speech" yet condemn any black American footballer willing to exercise that right and celebrate their punishment :laugh:

Spare me

Mushy peas
International Player
International Player

Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:55 pm

Martin wrote:

Yeah I don't really get this. Even the National Review that is fairly firmly on the right isn't disputing this (though they do claim he has been unfairly targeted in general).

Britain undoubtedly has problems but using non-events like this to act as if the whole place is falling apart is pretty bizarre.

Re: Tommy Robinson Martin, iirc (and correct me if I'm wrong) you used to post about him a bit? I remember you putting up videos of him being interviewed and kind of being treated unfairly. What do you think of him these days? Kind of like that C4 interview with Jordan Peterson.

To be honest I always thought he was a bit of a knob (but who also was raising some hard questions that are treated as taboo). The more I see of him now it seems he has bought into his own persona and hype that he'll do anything to stay relevant (rather than actually caring about the issues he supposedly stands for).

FCUM- A right bunch of dicks.

Mushy Peas>Little Pea

Return to “Members Lounge”