Next Match: Image
Huddersfield in the Premier League.
Saturday 21st October 2017, KO 15:00 BST.
cribsie
New Signing
New Signing

Greetings

Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:24 pm

Hello, I saw this forum mentioned on 'Royals Rendezvous' (our daib0 is a member here) and thought I'd check it out. I'm a Reading fan (but not a wind-up merchant). Just exploring the forum and have to say this is a very nicely laid out, good looking site. I collect Reading FC postcards and cigarette cards etc, but I'm interested in football history generally and have already seen some great stuff on here. I've put a couple of pictures from a Reading Vs Man Utd cup-tie from 1912 in the history section, and if I have anything else with a Manchester United connection I'll share it.

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Greetings

Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:28 pm

welcome to the forum mate. doesn't matter that you support another team tbh, i do and they haven't banned me :P

not a good year for reading tbh. do you think you'll come back up next year?
Make football fabulous again!

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee
Call Me: Daddy

Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:29 pm

Welcome (Y)
100% Top Red

cribsie
New Signing
New Signing

Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:13 pm

Martin wrote:welcome to the forum mate. doesn't matter that you support another team tbh, i do and they haven't banned me  :P

not a good year for reading tbh. do you think you'll come back up next year?
Cheers for the welcome Martin. I think Reading were totally unprepared for promotion (massively over-achieved with a limited squad) and poor old Brian was out of his depth. Quite excited with Adkins though, likes his teams to pass the ball and attack and I can definitely see us challenging.

cribsie
New Signing
New Signing

Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:14 pm

Steve wrote:Welcome (Y)
Cheers Steve

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Call Me: Ste

Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:40 pm

Welcome mate.

We always welcome respectful fans of other clubs. I know that most of the RR guys are sound.

Will check out your pics in the History section. Thanks for posting in advance (Y)
My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

Ashwin
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
Call Me: Ashwin

Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:26 am

Welcome to the board mate. Great pictures in the other thread. We really appreciate it. (Y)
“Bill, how would you like to be manager of the best team in the country?”
And Shankly said: “Why? Is Matt Busby packing it in?”

liz jomaa
International Player
International Player

Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:31 am

welcome to the board crisbie...nice thread you opened!

cribsie
New Signing
New Signing

Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:34 am

Cheers guys, much appreciated. As I said, if I have anything similar I'd be glad to share it.

Carrick 5 Gerrard 0
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:48 am

Welcome, we've had quite a few non-united fans on here over the last few years.
Feel free to start new topics and to join in any discussions including united related ones, who do you think will join you and QPR in the championship next season?

I do agree about Reading, I don't think they were ready for the premiership but the 60mill they get, if some of that is invested in the team then I think you guys will come back up. I can't see any of your players leaving which is normally the problem relegated teams have and you have a very good manager and team spirit too. Buy a few players, add a few on loan and I can't see you having a problem in the championship. Any united players you would like on loan? Think Powell and Henriquez will both need regular game time next season and I think they could both fit in nicely at Reading.

cribsie
New Signing
New Signing

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:58 pm

Amirah wrote:Welcome, we've had quite a few non-united fans on here over the last few years.
Feel free to start new topics and to join in any discussions including united related ones, who do you think will join you and QPR in the championship next season?

I do agree about Reading, I don't think they were ready for the premiership but the 60mill they get, if some of that is invested in the team then I think you guys will come back up. I can't see any of your players leaving which is normally the problem relegated teams have and you have a very good manager and team spirit too. Buy a few players, add a few on loan and I can't see you having a problem in the championship. Any united players you would like on loan? Think Powell and Henriquez will both need regular game time next season and I think they could both fit in nicely at Reading.
Thanks Amirah. We definitely should have used the loan market this season, so those players you mentioned would be perfect. Reading apparently were 'close' to signing Sigurdson from Spurs and Tom Ince from Blackpool in January, but it's doubtful players of that quality would want to come to a club facing relegation. So shrewd loan deals would have been much more sensible.

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee
Call Me: Daddy

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:51 pm

Im a massive fan of Tom Ince and would love to see him at United, but I wouldn't have thought Reading would be high on his list of places to go with all due respects. He'll go to a top 6 or 8 club in the next couple of years no doubt.
100% Top Red

cribsie
New Signing
New Signing

Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:22 pm

Steve wrote:Im a massive fan of Tom Ince and would love to see him at United, but I wouldn't have thought Reading would be high on his list of places to go with all due respects. He'll go to a top 6 or 8 club in the next couple of years no doubt.
Totally agree with you Steve. He's a top player and wouldn't be out of place at United, particularly given his old man's connection.

Ashwin
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
Call Me: Ashwin

Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:31 pm

cribsie wrote:
Steve wrote:Im a massive fan of Tom Ince and would love to see him at United, but I wouldn't have thought Reading would be high on his list of places to go with all due respects. He'll go to a top 6 or 8 club in the next couple of years no doubt.
Totally agree with you Steve. He's a top player and wouldn't be out of place at United, particularly given his old man's connection.
Id love to see us sign him in the summer.
“Bill, how would you like to be manager of the best team in the country?”
And Shankly said: “Why? Is Matt Busby packing it in?”

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Call Me: Ste

Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:21 pm

cribsie wrote:
Amirah wrote:Welcome, we've had quite a few non-united fans on here over the last few years.

Thanks Amirah. We definitely should have used the loan market this season, so those players you mentioned would be perfect. Reading apparently were 'close' to signing Sigurdson from Spurs and Tom Ince from Blackpool in January, but it's doubtful players of that quality would want to come to a club facing relegation. So shrewd loan deals would have been much more sensible.
How about Macheda?

Please?
My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

cribsie
New Signing
New Signing

Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:27 pm

RedSte wrote:How about Macheda?

Please?
:roll:

Return to “Hello and Welcome”