Next Match: Image
Basel in the Champions League.
Wednesday 22nd November 2017, KO 19:45 UTC.

Is Liverpool a big team?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:35 am

No
50%
Nein
No votes
Yes
50%

Total votes: 8
HuSsAiN
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Hussain

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs. Liverpool (A)

Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:52 pm

Surprised people saying Liverpool were poor, as if we were much better??

We defended well, however we were shocking in possession. Lukaku didn't hold the ball well enough, but he also lacked support. There was a big gap between the midfield and the attack.

We need to change our mindset vs the big teams away from home. It's fine defending deep, but there needs to be more conviction in the counter- attack.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny!

HuSsAiN

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:38 am

HuSsAiN wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:52 pm
Surprised people saying Liverpool were poor, as if we were much better??

We defended well, however we were shocking in possession. Lukaku didn't hold the ball well enough, but he also lacked support. There was a big gap between the midfield and the attack.

We need to change our mindset vs the big teams away from home. It's fine defending deep, but there needs to be more conviction in the counter- attack.

We not saying we were better. We just indicating the fact that even though we were poor and Pool had all the possession, they were not good enough to do anything with it

Carrick 5 Gerrard 0
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:06 pm

In the context of the season a valuable point but we got the game plan wrong and I think we gave an average Liverpool team more respect than they deserved.

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:37 pm

Carrick 5 Gerrard 0 wrote:
In the context of the season a valuable point but we got the game plan wrong and I think we gave an average Liverpool team more respect than they deserved.

Have to agree. We didnt have to go all out, but we had enough to contain them and still attack and take advantage of what was and is a weak defense

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:35 pm

Carrick 5 Gerrard 0 wrote:
Getting a point at Anfield is never a bad result, there have been years when I would have ripped your arm off for a point. As far as the performance; I think we did all that we could with the personnel we had available to us. The basic problem was that we could not get the ball through midfield because Matic and Herrera were constantly going against three of more LFC players. When we did get the ball to a forward they usually had defender in front of them and midfielders closing from behind leaving few option other than to try and re-cycle the ball.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

robertbrian23
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Rob

Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:53 pm

disappointed on our toothless attack, and we really park the bus 90% of the time. a point is good but the performance to attack, and anything to move the ball forward is a letdown. that single chance with Lukaku and he didn't nailed it. the only chance I'm hoping for but Liverpool didn't threaten us at all. Only 1 shot that DDG have saved, the other shots are just directly to DDG so it won't count as DDG would be threatened.

that build up/hype going to this match and failed miserably, i was still thinking if someone can do a O'Shea type of header goal towards the end but we didn't even bother moving the ball forward.

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:39 pm

Jose has always played like this away at the big teams - didn't expect any different, even if he had a full squad. However, he didn't have a full squad - he only had 2 midfielders - we may have come into the game on red hot form, but on the day, we just didn't have the personnel. I would've done the same tbh
There is only one GOLDEN BOY

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee
Call Me: Daddy

Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:37 pm

Can I just point out that Mourinho invited Klopp to have a real go and he didn't. Yes they were on top mostly. Yes we surrendered possession most of the time but we let them come at us and they didn't. Their were 2 really chances 1 for each side. That's it. Our defence has never been in question. How many clean sheets do we have? Our defence has been almost the best point of our game so of course we are going to rely on it. We relied on it a little too much but was mourinho to know Miki would go missing and Lukaku would have a poor game? Fergie lost a heck of a lot at Anfield but he never went all out attack.
100% Top Red

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:19 am

So are people still going to bang the imaginary drum that we didn't park the bus against this shower of shite. Spurs and City put 10 past them without breaking a sweat. We went with Ashley Young to nullify the almighty Moreno and isolated Lukaku instead of picking off Lovren.
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:30 am

Sandies wrote:
So are people still going to bang the imaginary drum that we didn't park the bus against this shower of shite. Spurs and City put 10 past them without breaking a sweat. We went with Ashley Young to nullify the almighty Moreno and isolated Lukaku instead of picking off Lovren.
Disappointing isn't it.
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee
Call Me: Daddy

Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:20 am

Sandies wrote:
Young was good though. Darmian was wank. We went with a game plan which Liverpool nullified by being equally as defensive. Let's move on. We have lost a match since then.
100% Top Red

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:08 pm

Short Back and Sides wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:20 am
Sandies wrote:
Young was good though. Darmian was wank. We went with a game plan which Liverpool nullified by being equally as defensive. Let's move on. We have lost a match since then.
Young was good defensively. With the ball at his feet hes beyond disgraceful. Took him 3 minutes to find his feet after the Lukaku rebound.

We lost a match since then because we halted all momentum we had on our season abandoning what made us successful and cowering away from attacking the clown defence of Lovren and Moreno
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”