Next Match: Image
Southampton in the Premier League.
Momday 13th July 2020, KO 20:00 UTC.
Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Re: transfer window

Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:51 pm

Haaland scored a hattrick on his Dortmund debut, thank god we walked away from that one. Remind me again why we still have Ole if we can't sign Norwegian players.

"Make America Great Again!"

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:04 pm

Relly wrote:
Haaland scored a hattrick on his Dortmund debut, thank god we walked away from that one. Remind me again why we still have Ole if we can't sign Norwegian players.
Because Ole brings in 2500 Norwegians having a Bobby Charlton VIP package every game
That's about £75m pounds a season in income and his salary is reported at £7m
Now do you understand? :whistle: :whistle:

And take it a step further
If it wasn't Ole who would it be?
I have heard rumours they are talking to Poccetin and the same rumours say that if he was to come he would insist in being in total control of transfer policy AND he wanted a director of football of his choice AND he wanted Ed Woodward to step away from all things football

As usual it is and can only be rumours as United NEVER speak but it sounds far fetched AND won't happen if it is true

Sigmar
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:50 pm

raycreative wrote:
Relly wrote:
Because Ole brings in 2500 Norwegians having a Bobby Charlton VIP package every game
That's about £75m pounds a season in income and his salary is reported at £7m
Now do you understand? :whistle: :whistle:

And take it a step further
If it wasn't Ole who would it be?
I have heard rumours they are talking to Poccetin and the same rumours say that if he was to come he would insist in being in total control of transfer policy AND he wanted a director of football of his choice AND he wanted Ed Woodward to step away from all things football

As usual it is and can only be rumours as United NEVER speak but it sounds far fetched AND won't happen if it is true
This rumour is now being spouted by fans, an acquaintance told me that he reckoned Poch was sat in some hotel room just waiting for the phone to ring, he could only have got that from one of the red top rags.

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

Dante
Referee
Referee

Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:31 pm

raycreative wrote:
AND he wanted Ed Woodward to step away from all things football
I'm sold.

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:25 pm

Fernandes deal now dead.
Everybody gone back to Portugal

Bottom line for Sporting was £65m.Top line for United was £50m and they refused to budge
Sporting agreed to take the payment over 2 years and they would pay the IOU fees and legal fees but United would not budge

The best United had left was to offer Rojo.He is on £160k a week and the best earner in all of Portugal is on £30k a week.They just don't have noodle and tyre battery sponsors to that level so they could just not afford Rojo unless United bought Rojo's contract.Ed Woodward was just playing silly buggers
Or
United offered Perreira and/or Gomes who again have or want wages that Sporting can't afford
Either way Sporting don't want players
They just want to sell a player and get money now to balance them up
Simples
If United wanted and could afford Fernandes they should just buy him at that level

So which is it?
Don't they want him or can't they afford him or is it all smoke and mirrors yet again?

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:37 pm

The pisspost pea Javier Hernandez has moved yet again
A large number of people,including on this forum thought he was the best thing since,well frozen peas!!
They defended him and Wellshit for years
Wellbeck has slid from an average Arsenal team to a relegation threatened Watford

The pea went on another trip via an average West Ham through to Valencia where he couldn't get a game and has now at still only 31 arrived in the MLS and is being paid more than Zlatan the shirtseller was.
I can only assume he will be a shirtseller for the Mexicans that Trump hasn't got round to deporting

A greedy bastard

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:34 pm

Fernandes Deal Update from SSN:

THIS IS ED IN A NUTSHELL FOLKS:

Manchester United and Sporting Lisbon remain in a deadlock regarding the transfer of Bruno Fernandes, with the clubs £10m apart in valuation.

With eight days of the window left to go, the deal has stalled, with no fresh negotiations planned.

Last week, Sporting were optimistic they had the basis of a deal with United to buy the 25-year old midfielder.

Super-agent Jorge Mendes flew to Manchester with Sporting's president, Frederico Varandas, and his director of football, Hugo Viana, to finalise a deal with United's executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward.

Following the conclusion of their trip to the UK, Varandas' mood was mixed. He was sorry to be losing a star player, but glad that a transfer fee of £55m had been agreed in principle with United.

In the days that followed, Varandas' optimism was tempered by a change in stance from United.
Rather than progressing with the agreed £55m deal, United said they were only willing to offer £42m for Fernandes.

United, prompted by the belief Sporting were desperate for funds before the end of this month, thought the Portuguese club would accept the lower offer.

Agent Mendes, who has been advising Sporting on transfers since last summer, suggested to Sky Sports News that United risked missing out on a deal if they waited much longer.

"If he (Fernandes) will not leave now he will leave for sure in the summer because Sporting, they have spoken already with other clubs and something will happen," he said.

The deal is complicated further still by suggestions that Fernandes' contract includes a clause whereby his agent, Miguel Pinho, will receive 10 per cent or £4m, if Sporting receive a £42m offer for his player - even if the deal is not concluded.

For now, the possibility of a deal remains. Negotiations are on hold but not at an end and relations between the two clubs and respective agents remain cordial.

There is only one GOLDEN BOY

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:02 pm

I just read an article saying that Joel Glazer called the deal off.

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:25 pm

I am reading the reports that Rojo is as good as gone
If true how much will that save.Another one off the books!!

That will just leave them to get £25m for a Smalling permanent transfer and the window will have been a good one

I have a sneaky feeling they will get somebody,possibly Fernandes,at the last minure ala Fellaini style so they can divert away from the fact that they actually need 6 first team players and 4 squad players at least

Ole will mutter something about no value in January and Ed and the Glazers won't speak,as usual

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:32 pm

Isn't it fornicate incredible how every deal we're involved in is a fornicate circus. Can;t just sign a guy, it's always a fornicate circus

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:29 pm

Sandies wrote:
Isn't it fornicate incredible how every deal we're involved in is a fornicate circus. Can;t just sign a guy, it's always a fornicate circus
I think it's a clear glimpse at how this club is being run. People most be laughing at us all the time.

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:11 pm

Relly wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:29 pm
Sandies wrote:
I think it's a clear glimpse at how this club is being run. People most be laughing at us all the time.
I think the key question,Sandies,is actually how many deals ARE we involved in
Do not forget that nobody,other than Ole has spoken about policy,incomings,outgoings or anything at all to do with sponsors

Ole changes the message by the day.I can only assume that is after he has spoken to Ed Woodward

Look at how this window has gone so far
We KNOW we need at least 6 players but we appear that we MIGHT get one
We've let a couple of kids go on loan so save a little money
We got rid of Young so made a couple of million and saved about £1/2 million a month until June so we have saved about £3m
We haven't replaced one of the 8 senior professionals we have let go.You have to assume we don't want to replace Lukaku,Herrara,Young,Fellaini,Carrick etc or is it just that there is no plan aka incompetance

Ole has changed again only today
"We are building a young squad" he said.Yet now he tells us Sanchez is coming back to "prove himself" FFS
We were led to believe Fernandes was a done deal but now nOle tells us "It is very difficult to get anybody in the January window"
Honestly ole just listen to yourself and wonder why fans think even you have taken the Glazer dollar and become a Woodward arsewipe
I for one am very reluctant to call Ole as he is a United hero/legend but he is fast burning his bridges for what appears the same greed as the owners

It is indeed difficult to get players in January
Inter Milan have more or less built a full team but we can't get one

Spurs sold Eriksen today and bought 2 in the same day
Liverpool,who don't need anybody managed to find two including a Japanese sniper to sell shirts

Talking on Eriksen weren't we supposed to be in for him?
Is he another greedy bastard that no United fan would want?
And don't quote me his wages which are about £300k a week(£15million a year)
For a 4 year contract and about a £10m transfer fee he will cost Milan about £70m in total
Fred cost us £52m in transfer and £25m in salary over 4 years so near to £80 for the same Erikson time deal.Which would you rather have?
The above assumes United have the money to pay for Erikson.It really does make me wonder if they have ANY loose cash

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:06 pm

SSN:

Bruno Fernandes: Barcelona make bid for Man Utd target

Dante
Referee
Referee

Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:56 pm

I wonder if they'll just pay for him.

Even if we do up the bid though, who would you go to?

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:10 pm

Dante wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:56 pm
I wonder if they'll just pay for him.

Even if we do up the bid though, who would you go to?
Exactly .... This is a prime example of Woodward's ineptitude. Reminds me of the Maguire situation. Everyone knows we're desperate - get over it.

Ray's call that the club is skint, and can't afford these players might just be right

Dante
Referee
Referee

Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:17 pm

We aren't skint, it just means that if we pay for players, that's less money that can be siphoned off, and that just won't do.

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:34 pm

Dante wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:17 pm
We aren't skint, it just means that if we pay for players, that's less money that can be siphoned off, and that just won't do.
So how do you know we aren't broke?
How much money HAVE we got?
Don't tell me what we should have
If we aren't skint why did we borrow £135m and add it to the loan at the start of the season?
Also how much CASH do the Glazer family actually have?
Why did Darcy have to borrow £12 a few months ago and use United shares as security
There is a lot we don't know and the underlying possible answers frighten me

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:16 pm

Sky Sports says we've agreed an 80 mil Euro price for Fernandes.

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:57 pm

Relly wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:16 pm
Sky Sports says we've agreed an 80 mil Euro price for Fernandes.
Just spoke to my friend who bridges loans
United's offer is 55 million euros plus 25 million if Unite win the European Cup ot he wins the Ballon D'or

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:28 pm

That time we let Haaland go because of agent's fees, and went for a Slimani or Ighalo loan instead

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:43 pm

And today's hot news

Following on from Ole saying just a couple of days ago that Rojo is staying put comes the announcement that he is almost certain to join Estudiantes on lean
So that's £160k a week off the books and yet another senior professional gone but not replaced
In comes Fernandes on a reported £90k a week

So to sum this window up if all the above happens and nobody else comes in we have paid £45m for Fernandes over 3 years(so £15m a year) and sold/got rid of Young(saving £8.5m a year in wages) and Rojon(saving £8.5m a year in wages) AND got a couple of million immediately for Young

So is the above Glazernomics ?
We can't be skint as Dante says,can we?

So they've actually invested nowt but the papers are reporting with the help of a certain spin doctor that United have backed Ole at a difficult time to the tune of £67m

Does anybody believe these fornicate
Pass me a flare!!

Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:46 pm

The fact is getting Bruno so late is to satisfy the fans. Had we signed Bruno earlier we, the fans, would have looked at a striker which we so badly need.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:03 pm

Goku wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:46 pm
The fact is getting Bruno so late is to satisfy the fans. Had we signed Bruno earlier we, the fans, would have looked at a striker which we so badly need.
That's definitely an interesting thought, never saw it before, but it makes sense.

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:07 pm

And the other thing to take into account is that Bruno is a cheaper option,by a distance,than Pogba

So now Pogba can go at the end of the season thus bringing in an anticipated £150m
If we spend £100m on a couple or 3 players the Glazers can make £50m vanish plus a saving of a huge amount on Pogba's wages whilst still claiming they have spent almost £200m in two transfer windows when actually they will have made between £100 and 50m on transfers

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:03 pm

Unfortunate about the attack last night. Football is not worth this violence, but it sends a message at least - one which has long been ignored.

Gary's response on Sky Sports was perfect: unacceptable behaviour to bring someone's family into football matters, but the underlying issues at the club can't be ignored, and at some point, the fans' tempers would boil over. He actually said it would get worse.

As an aside, the cynical part of my mind keeps wondering whether this was a masterstroke from Ed's publicity team: i.e. Ed's under considerable pressure, and our press release did nothing to stop the tide. What big event can cause a distraction and change the narrative? Hmmm..... Get everybody out of the house, and pay a few folks to throw in a few flares and damage nothing.

Sounds far fetched, but he's had some reprieve, and the focus and the narrative have definitely changed over the past few days.

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”