Next Match: Image
Brighton & Hove Albion in the Premier League.
Saturday 25th November 2017, KO 15:00 UTC.
Dante
Referee
Referee

Paul Pogback - world record transfer

Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:10 am

Paul Pogba has officially re-signed for Manchester United, for a world record fee of £89 million. And yes, that is a devil shaved into his hair.
Paul Pogba wrote:I am delighted to rejoin United. It has always been a club with a special place in my heart and I am really looking forward to working with José Mourinho. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Juventus and have some fantastic memories of a great club with players that I count as friends. But I feel the time is right to go back to Old Trafford. I always enjoyed playing in front of the fans and can’t wait to make my contribution to the team. This is the right club for me to achieve everything I hope to in the game.
Jose Mourinho wrote:Paul is one of the best players in the world and will be a key part of the United team I want to build here for the future. He is quick, strong, scores goals and reads the game better than many players much older than he is. At 23, he has the chance to make that position his own here over many years. He is young and will continue to improve; he has the chance to be at the heart of this club for the next decade and beyond.
The most protracted transfer of the summer is over, we actually got our man this time, and he sound delighted to be back. We're gonna win the league.

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Re: Paul Pogba

Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:25 pm

Glorio wrote:
Ole wrote:
Sandies wrote:Remarkable the club was able to pull off the hottest player in world football without CL football. Credit where its due
Still makes me nervous that Real & Barca weren't in for him. Was it simply down to FFP?
Real were - we priced them out
Arent they on a transfer ban this summer?

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:27 pm

I urge everyone to watch the first 5 minutes of this video.

https://youtu.be/XBbRAJQZFuk

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Re: Paul Pogback - world record transfer

Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:56 pm

It's a really very exciting transfer. I'll wait for one or two months before talking about the title though.

We have a Pogba thread in transfer. Move it here?
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:55 pm

dbecks07 wrote:I urge everyone to watch the first 5 minutes of this video.

All that in one season. Some really classy stuff going on there!
There is only one GOLDEN BOY

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Re: RE: Re: Paul Pogba

Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:49 pm

dbecks07 wrote:I urge everyone to watch the first 5 minutes of this video.

bloody hell!

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Incognito

Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:55 pm

He can't keep....
"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

ivandaman
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Da-Man-Ivan

Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:18 pm

I wasn't sure about this transfer, mostly because of the ludicrous transfer fee, but now that he's here I hope he does really well..
To Be A Man UNITED Supporter IS NOT A Right! .... It is a Privilege.

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:46 am

Glorio wrote: All that in one season. Some really classy stuff going on there!
marcus leong wrote: bloody hell!
Exactly guys. I knew of his pace and power from watching a few CL games, but never knew the extent of his skill. This guy is quite something

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:16 am

Manchester United have secured the world record transfer of Paul Pogba, but Sky sources understand their pursuit of the midfielder goes back three years…

Sky sources understand dialogue opened between Ed Woodward and the player's agent Mino Raiola almost as soon as he became the executive vice chairman. Since those first discussions, United have kept close watch on a player they allowed to leave for just 1.5m euros, noting Pogba's rapid progression over the past three seasons and making him a priority to sign this summer.

But this hasn't been an easy deal to complete, few are when such huge fees are involved and while the scouting has been exhaustive, so too has the past two months of intense negotiations with Juventus and the player's representatives. This arduous process has left the power-brokers at Old Trafford as relieved as much as delighted to have got this one over the line.

Raiola's developed a reputation for hard bargaining and getting the best for his clients and after signing two of his players already this summer in Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Henrikh Mkhitaryan, United knew that it was not going to be plain-sailing to get Pogba out of Italy and back to England.
United have paid more than any club has ever paid for a player, but the reality of putting such a deal together involved hours and hours of face to face discussions with Raiola and his lawyer.

Image rights, tax matters and contract specifics are all areas that Woodward and his team have become familiar with over the past three years as he looks to reshape United. Sky sources understand Raiola's fee was an obstacle, but it was Juventus that finally ended up paying him. In many respects the Serie A champions were determined to drive a hard bargain, but getting their president, Andrea Agnelli, to finally accept a figure of 105m Euros was one of the easier aspects of deal.

Sky sources understand Pogba's exit back in 2012 was not as divisive and unhappy as it seemed at the time and, if it had been, then there would have been no hope of luring back to a place that he's called "home".

Sky sources also understand another potential threat to the process of bringing the 23-year-old back to Manchester was the lure of Real Madrid, with the Spaniards making their presence felt right up until the very latter stages. For United to have succeeded in signing Pogba, when faced with the spending power of Madrid and their French manager Zinedine Zidane, makes it an even more satisfying achievement for Woodward and Jose Mourinho and perhaps the first time a young global superstar has chosen Old Trafford over the Bernabeu.

When you add Real's looming transfer ban to the mix, and the prospect of Europa League football rather than the Champions League, you can understand why there's a lot of pride on the red side of Manchester and not just for breaking that record transfer fee, perhaps this is the moment the Premier League has been waiting for to show the world that La Liga won't have it all its own way in the seasons to come?

The past decade has seen the Glazer family attempt to put United on an even footing with the powerhouses of Madrid and Barcelona and this may be seen as a serious indication that their tactics are working.

But it's also a sign that the appointment of Jose Mourinho brings with it more than a change in focus on the pitch. David Moyes would have loved to have had the financial backing that's been witnessed this summer, while Louis Van Gaal was keen to spread his resources among a number of players following the stellar signing of Angel di Maria which proved disastrous for all parties.

Mourinho wanted Pogba as one of his "Fantastic Four" and must have been delighted to learn that his new employers were equally intent on doing everything necessary to make the Frenchman a focal point of his United team. His next key decision is when to unleash the world's most expensive player on the Premier League.

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:32 am

To echo Marcus, PLEASE merge the transfer thread. At least from when the deal was confirmed

Dante
Referee
Referee

Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:37 am

I can split those posts out, yes.

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:32 pm

Thanks Dante :-)

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:11 pm

With Pogba we have possibly signed the heart and face of the club for this generation. Very very excited about where this goes.
"Make America Great Again!"

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:16 pm

So at the end, we've ended up with a good number of our own kids - Rashford, Pogba, Lingard, Fosu - Mensah

Shame about Adnan and Pereira - they just seem a bit delicate for grown up football - even with bags of talent. Hope they go on loan and come back better

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:23 pm

Well it now sounds like Januzaj will leave on loan as opposed to being sold. It's a weird one with Perreira, the fans enthusiasm towards him has never translated to managers. I would like to see more, but the managers don't seem to think he is proving enough. Hopefully this core group of young players becoming the heart of the team will inspire these two to step up.
"Make America Great Again!"

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:29 am

Paul Pogba’s agent Mino Raiola has revealed why the Frenchman chose a move to Manchester United over Real Madrid this summer.

The opportunity to work with Jose Mourinho was also a draw, although Raiola reveals this wasn’t enough before.

“Zinedine Zidane wanted Paul Pogba at Real Madrid, but 5 or 6 other clubs were after him too. Manchester United now are stronger thanks to Pogba, but Real Madrid are not.

“I never spoke to Pogba about the transfer market when he was taking part in Euro 2016, then he went on vacation because he was very disappointed by the Final.

“So I went to meet him in Miami to get him up to speed. He explained to us what he wanted. Manchester is his home.

“Mourinho already wanted to bring him to Chelsea last summer, but it was not the right time.”

[Source: football-italia.net, tf1.fr]
Dare to Zlatan

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:34 pm

Congrats AgentP :clap:

Giants14
International Player
International Player

Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:34 am

How much would Pogba cost in this summer's market?
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:10 pm

Easily 120mil

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Max

Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:40 pm

Depends on whether PSG are interested.
UNITED > ENGLAND

Ashwin
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
Call Me: Ashwin

Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:43 pm

I've read reports that Pogba could be out for as long as 12 weeks...if that's true, that's a huge blow as he'd be missing the games vs Liverpool and Chelsea during that time span.

Good thing we have our POTY from last season to fill in, eh?
“Bill, how would you like to be manager of the best team in the country?”
And Shankly said: “Why? Is Matt Busby packing it in?”

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:40 pm

Ashwin wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:43 pm
I've read reports that Pogba could be out for as long as 12 weeks...if that's true, that's a huge blow as he'd be missing the games vs Liverpool and Chelsea during that time span.

Good thing we have our POTY from last season to fill in, eh?
Fellaini was ahead of him today,so....

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:45 pm

José has disputed that fact but this is football so everything must be taken with a huge dose of salt

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”