Next Match: Image
Huddersfield in the Premier League.
Saturday 21st October 2017, KO 15:00 BST.
Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Leicester City (a)

Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:01 pm

Image vs. Image

Away to Leicester City in the Premier League.
Sunday 5th February 2017, KO 16:00 UTC

Giants14
International Player
International Player

Re: Pre Match Discussion: Premier League vs Leicester City (a)

Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:44 am

We are in the territory now that every game is now a must win.

Leicester are in terrible form but they are still champions - don't know what united team will turn up, we have been so flat since Christmas.

Expecting Martial to start
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

joze ruis
International Player
International Player

Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:44 am

even a win wouldn't remove my frustrations after another wasted chance to move in closer to our rivals...i'm still pissed :yawn:

this would be my team...altough it will never happen

ddg

valencia bailly rojo shaw

herrera pogba

miki mata martial

rashford

Zlatan and Fellaini are options frm the bench if we need them.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:08 pm

joze ruis wrote:
even a win wouldn't remove my frustrations after another wasted chance to move in closer to our rivals...i'm still pissed :yawn:

ddg

herrera pogba

miki mata martial

rashford

What a sorry state we have fallen to. One of the few constants in football was that when we needed a win, especially to put pressure on the opposition, we would come through with a win. it wasn't always pretty, sometimes it was just pure luck and sometimes we benefited from terrible call from the ref. Last weekend against Hull we had the chance to put LFC (Arsenal and Spurs) under real pressure and instead of going out and getting a victory we put a pile of steaming dog shit on the pitch. Teams have figured out that if they sit deep, in multiple row of defenders that we do not have the width, speed or guile to break them down, and that as we press more and more players forward we can be had (or at the least kept honest) by a single attacker going straight at our defense.

I think that Leicester will try the same strategy that work so well for them last season; they will sit back in a defensive shell, give us lots of possession and try and hit us with quick out ball the Vardy. The lineup you propose would give us the technical ability and speed to breakdown their defense and I would really like to see it given a chance.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:34 pm

Leicester seem to have no plan b and without Kante, plan a doesn't work.

This is a martial or Rashford game to me.

joze ruis
International Player
International Player

Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:19 pm

ArizonaRed wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:08 pm
joze ruis wrote:

ddg

herrera pogba

miki mata martial

rashford

What a sorry state we have fallen to. One of the few constants in football was that when we needed a win, especially to put pressure on the opposition, we would come through with a win. it wasn't always pretty, sometimes it was just pure luck and sometimes we benefited from terrible call from the ref. Last weekend against Hull we had the chance to put LFC (Arsenal and Spurs) under real pressure and instead of going out and getting a victory we put a pile of steaming dog shit on the pitch. Teams have figured out that if they sit deep, in multiple row of defenders that we do not have the width, speed or guile to break them down, and that as we press more and more players forward we can be had (or at the least kept honest) by a single attacker going straight at our defense.

I think that Leicester will try the same strategy that work so well for them last season; they will sit back in a defensive shell, give us lots of possession and try and hit us with quick out ball the Vardy. The lineup you propose would give us the technical ability and speed to breakdown their defense and I would really like to see it given a chance.
I agree, they will 100% play on counter attacks. That's also one reason why i would pick a fast x11. Shaw was shit last time he played but he does have pace ( or at least i hope he still does ). The only slow one in my team is Mata but he's so good at passing, combining with others and getting himslef in positions to score he should play in the middle. He's been unlucky at finishing and is being played on the wing.

Our wingers obvioulsy have instructions to cut inside so it's important we have fast full backs to support attack and give us more width.

Also if the score isnt in our favour Jose better not waste a sub and no.10 postion with Rooney again, this would really piss me off. The most important position for flow and creativity is being wasted by our worst option,

i want to see fast passing and exchanges to open them up. If this fails bring in Fellaini in the last 15 minutes and play long balls.

joze ruis
International Player
International Player

Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:26 pm

Jose said Jones and Pereira are the only ones missing this game

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:24 pm

With Leicester having two big lumps at the back like Hull had which will make it difficult for Zlatan in the air, and also Zlatan indicating he wants to leave in only 3 months he should be put on the bench
Start with Rashford and Martial

With Jones injured i hope Bailly is Ok as i half expected to see him eased in against Hull
Valencia is the right back obviously
I don't know why anybody would think that Shaw has any speed still left.
He has shown nothing to indicate he will ever get over the bad break and get his speed back
It won't miraculously come back since a few days ago
As we have him until the end of the season and with so many games coming up i would use him sparingly
At what point will the manager play Martial or is he just happy to let him leave at the end of the season?
I think it is probably time to let Pogba roast his arse on the bench as he has shown nothing in almost every game he plays
Is he just not good enough?
Maybe SAF was right to let him go.Maybe he finds the English league wrong for him.Maybe he needs Italy
Either way he deserves to be dropped to see what happens
Mikki will start tomorrow.Let's hope he gets strong enough next season to play a full 90 minutes in one game

Funnily enough if you look at where we are in the league and realistically weigh up where we should finish then 5th or 6th is our place
Those behind are too far behind and not good enough to knock us below 6th and i just can't see us getting in the top 4
We are an average team and we are not building
We will almost certainly finish on or about where we finished last year and then it is up to the powers that be to decide whether we will buy the players we need
Left back,centre half,centre forward,quality winger or whether we try to get Pele,Beckenbaur and Maradonna out of retirement to sell shirts and packages to pilgrims

For me we should concentrate on trying to win the Europa League and beat Southampton in the final
Let the FA cup worry about itself as there are still 5 of the top 6 clubs left
And i would treat the league as the least of the competitions as everything is gone

Based on the shit i got only 2 or 3 weeks ago when i was ridiculed for suggesting that the league had gone at Xmas,i feel sure there will be some poor optimistic sould that thinks we have a chance

joze ruis
International Player
International Player

Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:23 pm

Bailly was injured on Monday's reserve game but should be fine for this one. i don't see the logic of playing him in a reserve game since he was in full match fitness...

As for Shaw, why would you give up on him so soon. Valencia was also shit after leg break but he picked himself up

i agree about Europa league being a priority but PL should come ahead of FA cup. we still have a shot of finish in top 4 even tho we only have an outside chance. If we dont get in CL next season then this season will be a failure

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:00 am

joze ruis wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:23 pm
Bailly was injured on Monday's reserve game but should be fine for this one. i don't see the logic of playing him in a reserve game since he was in full match fitness...

As for Shaw, why would you give up on him so soon. Valencia was also shit after leg break but he picked himself up

i agree about Europa league being a priority but PL should come ahead of FA cup. we still have a shot of finish in top 4 even tho we only have an outside chance. If we dont get in CL next season then this season will be a failure
I have given up on Shaw as he has given up on himself
He won't get fit
Valencia picked himself up about 4 seasons after he broke his leg and played and adapted in a different position.He lost his pace and his ability to cross a ball on the turn
He has discovered a different way of crossing late late on in his career.He has never got back the pace he had.He does a job at this level but you would't fancy him against Bale
Do you want Shaw to be in and out of the first team for the rest of his life?
His contract of £75k a week ends at the end of next season so we are coming fast to a crossroads aren't we
This season is done for the lad and i don't think he will get a top club anywhere so HE has to make a choice
I can't see Jose limping(scuse the pun) on with him next season as first choice left back in the hope a miracle occurs even though the lad is not putting it in himself
So we need a left back,end of
Shaw can carry on playing for us as a reserve next season to whoever we buy to see if he does get it back but it just isn't even showing a glimmer
Keep him till next Xmas as a reserve and then let him go to Everton or Stoke or back to Southampton on a free and let the lad earn about £20k a week which is not bad at his level
The only other alternative is to offer him a shit contract now with no promises for his future.Why would you do that and why would he sign a shit contract

Still on with hope of something out of the Premier league i see

joze ruis
International Player
International Player

Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:05 pm

Liverpool and Arsenal lost AGAIN....we all know what that mean ? we wont win at Liecester :shock:

at least Liverpool is out of title race (Y)

HuSsAiN
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Hussain

Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:20 pm

joze ruis wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:05 pm
Liverpool and Arsenal lost AGAIN....we all know what that mean ? we wont win at Liecester :shock:

at least Liverpool is out of title race (Y)
Yep, probably 1-1

How many opportunities do we need to close the gap?
This game is a must win game
Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny!

HuSsAiN

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee
Call Me: Daddy

Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:59 pm

Re Valencia and his pace

Remember when he won us that pen at anfield that van persie put away to win the match? He was clocked as the fastest premiership player at that point. That was the fastest a player moved in the whole season. A couple of years after his leg break. Sorry for the statistic but to say he never regained his pace after that is factually wrong. He has adapted as a fullback and he does it well for me. We can't rely on him there for much longer as his pace is going into decline due to his age but for the moment he's doing absaloutly fine for my money
100% Top Red

robertbrian23
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Rob

Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:29 pm

Normally, I'm enthusiastic about any of the top 5 teams dropping points but I just wanted to focus on United, I hope and I pray we can get the 3 points we need.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:13 pm

Short Back and Sides wrote:
Re Valencia and his pace

Remember when he won us that pen at anfield that van persie put away to win the match? He was clocked as the fastest premiership player at that point. That was the fastest a player moved in the whole season. A couple of years after his leg break. Sorry for the statistic but to say he never regained his pace after that is factually wrong. He has adapted as a fullback and he does it well for me. We can't rely on him there for much longer as his pace is going into decline due to his age but for the moment he's doing absaloutly fine for my money
100% (Y)
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:08 am

ArizonaRed wrote:
Re Valencia and his pace

100% (Y)
Don't get me wrong.
I think he has had a tremendous season as clearly most do
However after he broke his leg and had a metal plate put in(most don't realise he played for several years with a metal plate) he lost the ability to run at pace and twist to get a cross in.
The stat you give about pace is accepted but overall he went from a top class winger to a mostly good right back over a significant number of years
Maybe Falcao will end up a half decent midfielder but you can't wait i'm afraid

I just watched Chelsea v Arsenal highlights
Two things
1-On the stats Arsenal had more possession than Chelsea and more corners but Chelsea battered them
I just can't understand how that could have happened with those stats

2-I watched Kante and Hazard and tried to compare them to our alleged star midfielders
Herrara,Mata,Mikki and even possibly Pogba
We are not close and midfield is our strongest department
We are so far away

Edgardos
Reserve
Reserve
Call Me: Ed

Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:14 am

---------------------Ddg---------------------
Valencia - Bailly - Smalling - Shaw
-------- Carrick -------- Herrera --------
----------------- Pogba ---------------------
Mhiki ------------------------------ Martial
---------------- Zlatan ----------------------

Mata, Rashford, Schweini/Blind to come and replace mhiki/martial/zlatan/carrick.
No Rooney please, no excuses, 110% attitude and determination, focus, 3 points.
"I've never played for a draw in my life." Sir Alex Ferguson

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee
Call Me: Daddy

Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:55 am

redmaria wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:08 am
ArizonaRed wrote:
Re Valencia and his pace

100% (Y)
overall he went from a top class winger
Top class? When was this? Imagine the uproar several years ago just after we sold Ronaldo for 80 million, anyone said to you Valencia as his replacement was a too class winger. :laugh:
100% Top Red

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Max

Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:09 pm

I'd even go as far as to say Valencia was never so good at RW as he is now at RB.
UNITED > ENGLAND

joze ruis
International Player
International Player

Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:33 pm

he was excellent in his first season. from the 2nd season on everybody knew what he will do because he was a one trick pony.He has no left foot so he would always tried go past defenders into his right side.

Now he's solid even tho his positioning is still a suspect. He blew the offside trap quite a few times

joze ruis
International Player
International Player

Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:04 pm

MArtial on bench again :yawn: at least Rooney is dropped to thr stands which mean he wont come in as a sub and slow us down (Y)

JUAN UNITED
International Player
International Player

Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:06 pm

MAN UTD LINE UP

DDG

VALENCIA BAILLY SMALLING ROJO

MATA HERRERA POGBA

MKHIT ZLATAN RASHFORD
Always look on the bright side of life la la, la la la la la la!!!

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:28 pm

Second coming of Jesus to city had been really kind to them....
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

JUAN UNITED
International Player
International Player

Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:36 pm

marcus leong wrote:
Lol........or.........
Jesus is doing miracles for City!

Very lucky berties just nicked it.
Always look on the bright side of life la la, la la la la la la!!!

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:45 pm

JUAN UNITED wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:36 pm
marcus leong wrote:
Lol........or.........
Jesus is doing miracles for City!

Very lucky berties just nicked it.
Red Devil need to up his game :laugh:
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”