Next Match: Image
Swansea City in the Carabao Cup.
Tuesday 24th October 2017, KO 19:45 BST.
dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Watford (h)

Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:44 am

We paying good attacking attractive football

We managed to score even against the traditional Goal keeper of the year performance against us

We 2 points off second place

Unbeaten in 16 in the league

We have a big week coming up that could end in the first trophy of the season

Lets just get behind the team for this last stretch (all of the players are going to be needed with the games coming up)

Colin Francis
First Team Player
First Team Player
Call Me: Colin

Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:40 am

Giants14 wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:46 am
You don't rate Bailly? is this a piss take?

Bailly is superb - big, powerful, pacy - all the ingredients to be a brilliant CB in this league
That he is indeed, minus the brain. Let's see how this pans out.
...and the Truth shall make you free.....

Giants14
International Player
International Player

Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:53 am

The only thing i can see wrong with Bailly so far is naivety - he sometimes jumps into a tackle when he doesn't need to but he is head and shoulders above our current defenders.

If Jose decides to bring in another CB - We could have a pretty formidable partnership
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

Colin Francis
First Team Player
First Team Player

Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:04 pm

Yes indeed, but naive is just another word for ignorance and if you can use either word in the same sentence with a UTD number 4 or 5 then you have a dilemma. No successful team is built on naive centre halves and if indeed there was the odd occasion, I'm willing to concede that as an exception. Jose himself had reservations abut this guy when he bought him. Lets hope it works out for the best.

|)R0ID
New Signing
New Signing

Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:33 pm

At the moment he has the legs to mask that and hopefully enough time to learn before he needs to start picking his battles.

joze ruis
International Player
International Player

Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:59 pm

how can people complain about Bailly is beyond me :o :o

the man was nearly perfect so far...i don't think we've had a more athletic defender in the history of this club, he's an absolute beast

Colin Francis
First Team Player
First Team Player

Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:09 am

Jaap Stam, Paul McGrath, Rio Ferdinand, Gary Pallister all come to mind. And again, if athleticism is the only way you judge a footballer, you have a lot to learn about this game. our very own, very current, Luke Shaw is exactly the case in point!

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:38 am

Colin Francis wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:09 am
Jaap Stam, Paul McGrath, Rio Ferdinand, Gary Pallister all come to mind. And again, if athleticism is the only way you judge a footballer, you have a lot to learn about this game. our very own, very current, Luke Shaw is exactly the case in point!
I am not sure where are coming from,Colin,on this one
I am not sure what Luke Shaw has to do with this
Luke Shaw was a young,strong, fast attacking fullback
Bailly is a young,strong,attacking,ball carrying centre half
Then Luke Shaw broke his leg and his head seems to have gone along with his pace and possibly his courage
Bailly has not lost anything he currently has

Comparing to the names you mention
Jaap Stam-A super strong player who legally bullied every centre forward he played against.
Bailly is super strong but doesn't yet have Stam's experience

Paul McGrath was the most intelligent centre half i have seen.He knew exactly when to tackle and exactly when to stand the opposing player up
He had pace so you couldn't run away from him
Bailly has that pace and hopefully the timing will come with experience

Rio Ferdinand
Perfect partnership alongside Vidic.
Vidic was the very strong tackler,although Rio could tackle and Rio was the ball carrier
Whilst not as strong as Vidic yet you can see Bailly can already carry the ball

Palli
The other side of Vidic and Bruce
I can see a lot of Palli in Bailly

I think you are hugely off base,Colin and i think you will be totally alone,by a distance,on your opinion of Bailly
Why not compare to Smalling-A hand grenade of a mistake waiting to go off who shits himself any further forward than 40 yards from his own goal
Or
Jones- A very good centre half when he's fit but he is injured more than Falcao even though they have been tolerating him for 5 knackered seasons

Colin Francis
First Team Player
First Team Player

Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:22 am

Lol

Thanks for reinforcing my point. If he lacks so much, what's he doing wearing the Jersey now? Will he be the player in two/three years time? numbers 4,5 and 6 first team starters are not usually young players learning their trade. And if they are, they are players coming through the ranks who are given low risk, intermittent game time. Those players mentioned were not only athletic, they were suitably experienced with a good mentality.

Even with the fledglings, these three positions were covered by suitably experienced, athletic players. If you know anything about football, you'll know that no team can succeed if these three positions are not adequately covered.

I don't post to have my opinion endorsed by anyone so if it differs from the informed majority, so be it, its still just my opinion.

joze ruis
International Player
International Player

Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:40 am

wow just wow :o

He doesnt lack anything. He's a complete defender, a mix of Vidic and Rio. Name me a better player at the age of 22 ? Give me examples where his mistakes cost us a goal ?

the man is 22 and is playing like a fornicate veteran. Vidic and Rio made their share of mistakes which is normal and they weren't as good as Bailly at 22

we finally get a potential world class defender and people still complain.He's the best young defender in the world next to Varane.

HuSsAiN
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Hussain

Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:06 am

joze ruis wrote:

He doesnt lack anything. He's a complete defender, a mix of Vidic and Rio. Name me a better player at the age of 22 ? Give me examples where his mistakes cost us a goal ?

the man is 22 and is playing like a fornicate veteran. Vidic and Rio made their share of mistakes which is normal and they weren't as good as Bailly at 22

we finally get a potential world class defender and people still complain.He's the best young defender in the world next to Varane.
I wouldn't go that far yet.

He's a very good defender, and has potential to even improve. Quick & strong, can head and love the way he tackles with his big leg standing out (Y)
Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny!

HuSsAiN

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:07 am

HuSsAiN wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:06 am
joze ruis wrote:

I wouldn't go that far yet.

He's a very good defender, and has potential to even improve. Quick & strong, can head and love the way he tackles with his big leg standing out (Y)
Totally agree

There are several top clubs that would love to have him now as he is better than they have and he is improving with a long way to go

He i already better than anything City have including Stones
Chelsea have not replaced Terry imo
Liverpool haven't got anything like him and Arsenal definately haven't

Your opinion is your opinion Colin but you have rejected him as being thick
How do you know?
Do you know the lad?He speaks several languages which is more than i do and i suspect more than you do
The sheer fact that you think my last post endorsed your opinion means you need to think carefully before you call somebody else thick

He is fitter,stronger and faster than me and without knowing for sure probably you
I feel very confident he understands professional football more than me and definately you

Now THAT is my point

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:19 am

Collins assessment of Bailly makes you wonder what he knows about football in general

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”