Next Match: Image
Huddersfield in the Premier League.
Saturday 21st October 2017, KO 15:00 BST.
esobeso
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: David

Re: Pre Match Discussion: FA Cup vs Chelsea (a)

Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:42 pm

Dumb red card.
Pogba where were you?
Darmian where were you?
Well done to the rest of them.

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:43 pm

Edgardos wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:34 pm
fornicate disgrace to whatever football is about. We dont really wanted to score. We just resigned. Much weaker teams are trying more even one man down. Pogba is total crap, pathetic player.
Nonsense.

They held out against the best team in the country playing well and passing the ball swiftly for most of the game.

I am very proud of the way they played, if a bit alarmed at how much it will have taken out of them.

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: FA Cup vs Chelsea (a)

Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:49 pm

fornicate horrible, small time club.

Pogba was wank. Totally anonymous.

Thought Youngy, TonyV and Rojo were immense. As was Rashford considering he's full of cold.

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:50 pm

DaveMart wrote:
Edgardos wrote:
fornicate disgrace to whatever football is about. We dont really wanted to score. We just resigned. Much weaker teams are trying more even one man down. Pogba is total crap, pathetic player.
Nonsense.

They held out against the best team in the country playing well and passing the ball swiftly for most of the game.

I am very proud of the way they played, if a bit alarmed at how much it will have taken out of them.
(Y)

To be fair, when Fellaini came on, I thought we were going to start to launch it. If that wasn't the plan, you would have thought Carrick would have been the obvious choice to try and keep the ball.

Herrera - the guy needs to keep his head. After the first yellow, I wondered if he could get through the game without any silliness. It's not like the foul was bad, but the timing was laughable. Someone was obviously going to get punished for fouling Hazard - who I thought we gave too much respect by the way
There is only one GOLDEN BOY

Carrick 5 Gerrard 0
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:52 pm

Rojo brilliant, not sure how Pogba gets in the team ahead of Carrick & Mata.

Weak second yellow card, ref ruined the game.

Edgardos
Reserve
Reserve
Call Me: Ed

Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:56 pm

DaveMart wrote:
Edgardos wrote:
Nonsense.

Sorry mate, what kind of game were you watching?
One shot on target in 90 minutes. Poor decision to take off mhiki, if counter attacks were the only option. Fella means being another man down. Pogba, again, is so poor, he is not offering anything, not making any difference. Even the goal was his fault (partially), as he was not blocking Kante. Young is not an A-team player, Valencia and Rojo were the only ones trying to do something. I am sorry for Rashford and missing his chance.
I believe we should start risking much earlier. Chelsea were not playing at full speed. Costa is a fornicate birth canal, shoul have been sent off for diving. Both yellows for Herrera were too cruel.
Why not to bring Mata on?
"I've never played for a draw in my life." Sir Alex Ferguson

joze ruis
International Player
International Player

Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:09 pm

Chelsea was simply too strong for us after the red card. It's not like we didnt want to attack, it's just they didnt let us

robertbrian23
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Rob

Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:20 pm

i thought the first 20 minutes were brilliant, then I left the office to go home. Then all of a sudden we were a man down.
the plan is to be aggressive against their playmaker - Hazard. If those are both soft fouls or so, it is really a risk on our part since we all know Herrera is really a card magnet to begin with.

we really didn't offer that much when we were 10 men. able to watch it around 70th minute, and don't know if we really have a golden chance beside the tweets I saw about Rashford's chance. would it be fair to say, the early shot of Mikhi and then from Rashford are the only chances we have the whole game that would be considered threatening?

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:48 pm

joze ruis wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:09 pm
Chelsea was simply too strong for us after the red card. It's not like we didnt want to attack, it's just they didnt let us
Yep.

Holding them or nicking a goal would have been tough with 11 men, and after a lot of games it was remarkable that we held on as well as we did.

As it was, Hazard became anonymous, Costa was reduced to niggling gamesmanship, and players like Young and Rojo gave their all.

It is no use expecting players to be supermen.

They showed lots of guts and I am proud they play for United.

Gutsy.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:44 am

Holding off against them is all well and good but when youre 1-0 down in a knockout game, eventually youre going to need to attack. Thought that was disappointing. Taking off Mkhi and not bringing on Mata, whats the point of damage control in a knockout game

Rashford was really poor holding the ball up but when had the ball at his feet its a different story. We needed to use him more. He also HAD TO, HAD TO take that chance.
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:01 am

Going to lose Herera for 2 games. Very careless of him.
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

ivandaman
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Da-Man-Ivan

Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:46 am

Only watched the highlights. When I was saying that Pogbatelli is overrated at best and useless at worst many of you laughed at me.. What's this guys exactly offering? Kante is 10 times the player he is.
Herrera had it long time coming. He's been a little prick for a while. Always faking always arguing with the ref. I guess it was just a matter of time before he got what he deserved.
We don't really have impact players. Someone who can make a difference. Ma be Zlatan but he's a short term option.

Anyway, one less competition to worry about. Europa League is the priority now as we don't seem to be capable of breaking in to the top 4..
To Be A Man UNITED Supporter IS NOT A Right! .... It is a Privilege.

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:26 am

Where is it that you warn the whole opposition team not to foul a certain player?? How do you defend then? So any player can get a yellow card even for a simple foul

That said, we had them and they were fortunate to get the advantage as they weren't in the game. Our tactics were spot on...great show by the guys

Onward to the League and Europa..still plenty to play for

Giants14
International Player
International Player

Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:50 am

Referee ruined a great cup tie - no way should those two fouls from Herrera result in a red card - game was over at that moment.

I thought we matched up well for the first 30min - we executed the game plan perfectly. Once we went down it was only a matter of time.

I don't understand the massive criticism of Pogba this morning - before the red it was ok, after the red we didn't really have the ball for him to do anything with. We had too many defensive players on the pitch at that moment -who which don't have a baldy what to do when they do have it.

Jose showed that the EL is more important for us - at no point did he go 'feck this' and go for it in the last 10 - he seemed content.

A disappointing way to go out but who knows what might have happened if the players themselves sorted out the result and not the ref
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

Colin Francis
First Team Player
First Team Player
Call Me: Colin

Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:53 am

My biggest surprise was that Bailly our most talented defender was not selected. I would go easy on the irrational Pogba criticism because he is likely to improve with every game. Somebody should break it to him gently though, that playing as a number 6 requires just a little defensive responsibility. The midfield, always out of position,savior, Herrera, did his best to get sent off and was correctly and rightfully sent of for a deliberate and cynical foul that stopped Hazard in his tracks.

If Smalling is the captain of your team, then you probably a mid table team at best.
...and the Truth shall make you free.....

HuSsAiN
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Hussain

Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:33 am

Colin Francis wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:53 am
My biggest surprise was that Bailly our most talented defender was not selected. I would go easy on the irrational Pogba criticism because he is likely to improve with every game. Somebody should break it to him gently though, that playing as a number 6 requires just a little defensive responsibility. The midfield, always out of position,savior, Herrera, did his best to get sent off and was correctly and rightfully sent of for a deliberate and cynical foul that stopped Hazard in his tracks.

If Smalling is the captain of your team, then you probably a mid table team at best.
I have to admit I was surprised Bailey didn't start, but to be fair, Jones, Smalling and Rojo defended brilliantly. It's like we were playing 6 in the back (4 centre backs) and Valencia/Young as full-backs.

The red card changed the game obviously, and when we conceded, I just didn't fancy us scoring. We had a great chance with Rashford, and that Pogba shot in second half.. my word pogba was so shit, forget his price tag, he hasn't done anything in the big games and when we need him the most. What does he bring to the team seriously?
Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny!

HuSsAiN

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:52 am

Problem is..if we paid 20mil for this 23 year old, his same performances would be praised, but because we paid 89mil, he is not performing. Forget the money as its just United Aimed inflation. The guy will get better and will improve on what is already a fine footballer..with the new recruits coming in, we are in for some spectacular stuff

Not much could be done yesterday, he stayed back and defended like everyone else when we went a man down..hassled where he could but no one could do much else..we were jus hooving the ball to the Chelsea players

|)R0ID
New Signing
New Signing

Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:00 pm

We don't pay 89 million for everyone though. And I'm pretty sure he thinks he's worth the money. Isn't it why he left the club- because he didn't want to be an understudy. Well, here's your chance boy- prove it! I'm certainly not going to judge him as I would a hot prospect. He should be the team leader at this point.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:03 pm

ivandaman wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:46 am
Only watched the highlights. When I was saying that Pogbatelli is overrated at best and useless at worst many of you laughed at me.. What's this guys exactly offering? Kante is 10 times the player he is.
Herrera had it long time coming. He's been a little prick for a while. Always faking always arguing with the ref. I guess it was just a matter of time before he got what he deserved.
We don't really have impact players. Someone who can make a difference. Ma be Zlatan but he's a short term option.

Anyway, one less competition to worry about. Europa League is the priority now as we don't seem to be capable of breaking in to the top 4..
I know Herrera is our player and has been pretty good this year, but he is a hateful little player and if he didn't play for us I don't think anyone here would disagree.
"Make America Great Again!"

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:16 am

I think this game need to be viewed in three separate stages; before the RED CARD, after the goal and the last 10 minutes. For me the game plan was to throttle Chelsea's play marker, Hazard and Willian, then attack quickly thought Pogba and Herrera to Rashford and MickyT. We sacrificed any width to have extra player on defense, and up to the RED CARD it was working like a charm. Within the first couple on minutes, Rashford owned Cahill and the interplay between him and MickyT almost had us ahead. The way the game started I did not expect Cahill or Louis to finish the game. I think that Mourinho got his tactics spot on and for the first 30 minute looked like being a FA Cup match.

Then came the RED CARD. Mourinho was faced with either playing a man short on defense or playing a man short on offense; he choose to continue playing a full defense. The goal from Kante was similar to when Nana just a straight red against Real Madrid; we didn't get organized quickly enough and ended up paying for it. The remainder of the half and much of the second half was doing to Chelsea what other team do to us; at least two line of food defending the center of the penalty area. I have read a it of bad press about piss poor Pogba was in this game, IMO Pogba did exactly what Mourinho wanted him to do. Both he and Fellaini blocked up he middle and forced Chelsea to attack down the flanks where we had Valencia and jones on one side and Darmian and Young on the other. Chelsea did have the vast majority of the ball and most of it was in our half, and they did get a few crosses in but where by no means did they control the game. Of course Chelsea where 1 - nil up and didn't really need to do anything else than kick the ball around, on the other hand I felt that our main purpose during this spell was to ensure the game stayed as close as ossicle,

The last 10 minutes. I am using the term figuratively to cover the final part of the game where it became more important to us to go for a goal even if that caused us to let in another goal. The strategy almost worked but in the end Chelsea where just too much for a fatigued United side.

A final note. This may have been the worst game I have seen Oliver referee. It was immediately obvious that United's strategy was to play close to Hazard (and Willian). Hazard took advantage of that by gong to ground at the least provocation - I do not blame him for that because that is what he is padded to do. The problem is that Oliver let Hazard's theatrics influence his calling of the rest of the game. The television announcers speculated that Oliver had warned Smalling (the Captain) that the next foul on Hazard would be a yellow card, what an absolutely stupid thing to do. I could understand warning that the next foul by Jones on Hazard would result in a card but giving a card to anyone who fouled him gave Hazard almost free reign for the remainder of the game.

Put that game behind us and get ready for Thursday.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:03 am

|)R0ID wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:00 pm
We don't pay 89 million for everyone though. And I'm pretty sure he thinks he's worth the money. Isn't it why he left the club- because he didn't want to be an understudy. Well, here's your chance boy- prove it! I'm certainly not going to judge him as I would a hot prospect. He should be the team leader at this point.

You also dont get a 20 goal season player for free everyday either...its all about the the hype because its United, thats why we pay the most for big "name" players

And telling him to prove he is 89mil worth might just be the problem, that mindset takes away from playing your normal game. He isnt here to prove his price tag, he is here to be the player we know he is

Giants14
International Player
International Player

Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:34 am

ArizonaRed wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:16 am
I think this game need to be viewed in three separate stages; before the RED CARD, after the goal and the last 10 minutes. For me the game plan was to throttle Chelsea's play marker, Hazard and Willian, then attack quickly thought Pogba and Herrera to Rashford and MickyT. We sacrificed any width to have extra player on defense, and up to the RED CARD it was working like a charm. Within the first couple on minutes, Rashford owned Cahill and the interplay between him and MickyT almost had us ahead. The way the game started I did not expect Cahill or Louis to finish the game. I think that Mourinho got his tactics spot on and for the first 30 minute looked like being a FA Cup match.

Then came the RED CARD. Mourinho was faced with either playing a man short on defense or playing a man short on offense; he choose to continue playing a full defense. The goal from Kante was similar to when Nana just a straight red against Real Madrid; we didn't get organized quickly enough and ended up paying for it. The remainder of the half and much of the second half was doing to Chelsea what other team do to us; at least two line of food defending the center of the penalty area. I have read a it of bad press about piss poor Pogba was in this game, IMO Pogba did exactly what Mourinho wanted him to do. Both he and Fellaini blocked up he middle and forced Chelsea to attack down the flanks where we had Valencia and jones on one side and Darmian and Young on the other. Chelsea did have the vast majority of the ball and most of it was in our half, and they did get a few crosses in but where by no means did they control the game. Of course Chelsea where 1 - nil up and didn't really need to do anything else than kick the ball around, on the other hand I felt that our main purpose during this spell was to ensure the game stayed as close as ossicle,

The last 10 minutes. I am using the term figuratively to cover the final part of the game where it became more important to us to go for a goal even if that caused us to let in another goal. The strategy almost worked but in the end Chelsea where just too much for a fatigued United side.

A final note. This may have been the worst game I have seen Oliver referee. It was immediately obvious that United's strategy was to play close to Hazard (and Willian). Hazard took advantage of that by gong to ground at the least provocation - I do not blame him for that because that is what he is padded to do. The problem is that Oliver let Hazard's theatrics influence his calling of the rest of the game. The television announcers speculated that Oliver had warned Smalling (the Captain) that the next foul on Hazard would be a yellow card, what an absolutely stupid thing to do. I could understand warning that the next foul by Jones on Hazard would result in a card but giving a card to anyone who fouled him gave Hazard almost free reign for the remainder of the game.

Put that game behind us and get ready for Thursday.
Great post
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”