Next Match: Image
Huddersfield in the Premier League.
Saturday 21st October 2017, KO 15:00 BST.

Will we qualify for the semi-final?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 6
JonSnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Pre Match Discussion: Europa League QF v Anderlecht (h)

Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:12 am

Rashford is finally gaining his confidence! Good news for us! Hopefully he will be consistent!

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Re: RE: Re: Pre Match Discussion: Europa League QF v Anderlecht (h)

Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:40 am

RedSte wrote:The semi finalists are:

United

Celta Vigo

Lyon

Ajax

Who do you want? Personally I'd like Ajax. Not a great side, short trip, Lyon are dangerous and we have a poor record v Spanish teams in recent years.
Don't follow these teams so not sure about what I prefer but United do tend to not do very well against Spanish team. So, hope to avoid Celta.

Sent from my WAS-LX2 using Tapatalk

Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:42 am

JonSnow wrote:Rashford is finally gaining his confidence! Good news for us! Hopefully he will be consistent!
Gaining his form just at the right time.
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Max

Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:12 am

It's always sad news when a player gets injured but now it's getting critical as well. Rojo will be sorely missed in the run-in as I don't think anyone was impressed with Blind's disastrous performance. No idea how far Tuansebe and Fosu-Mensah are but I could even imagine Carrick filling in. Ibrahimovic is definitely out and the question is if he's to return at all. I can recall Zouma getting similar injury when we played Chelsea last spring. It lasted almost a year until he could play again and he's about half of Zlatan's age. I know it isn't politically correct but I think his injury is a blessing in disguise for Rash and Tony M.
UNITED > ENGLAND

Giants14
International Player
International Player

Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:33 am

That game summed up our entire season - our lack of quality in front of goal is unreal but what a lad Rashford is - battled for 120mins.

We got the job done and onto the Semi's - bring it
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

JonSnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:46 am

marcus leong wrote: ā†‘
Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:42 am
JonSnow wrote:Rashford is finally gaining his confidence! Good news for us! Hopefully he will be consistent!
Gaining his form just at the right time.
Hope he carries this over at the crucial stretch of the season.

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:05 am

Rojo is a miss given the form he and Bailley were in. But Blind can create from the back (as seen with the goal), so we just hopes he gets the CB mentality going again.

Rash's form is very heartening at this crucial time of the season and Martial showed he can run with the ball - if Ibra is out, they will get their chance and its not like they arent talented enough to see us through.

I though Pogba had an excellent game. Got around the pitch and some of those long balls were sublime

Semi Finals and some crucial EPL games coming up - exciting times guys

ivandaman
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Da-Man-Ivan

Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:24 am

Don't want to count the chicks too early, but if we win the EL that would actually make this season quite successful. Two trophies (3 if you count the charity shield) one of which we haven't won before, and a CL spot..
It won't be easy but at the end of the day all we have to do is win the next 3 EL games and it will be the perfect ending of the season. If we win those three games we can lose all EPL games until the end of the season and it wouldn't matter at all.
It's doable. Hopefully the boys will pull it off.
To Be A Man UNITED Supporter IS NOT A Right! .... It is a Privilege.

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:45 am

It's actually quite easy to sum up really
As good as Jose's team selection and tactics were against Chelsea they were the opposite end of the spectrum for this one
And the cheeky sod had the balls to blame some of the players
By playing the "tired" Zlatan he forced Rashford out on to the wing and therefore restricted the fast straight runs
Before his injury you wouldn't have known Zlatan was on the pitch
On the few good positions he got he blasted well wide
One wag sat behind me suggested his mind might be 4000 miles away in the MLS as he looked like he was working on his final big payday deal
His injury might,as suggested,be a blessing however it might have come too late in the season to give Martial and Rashford a genuine run together
That might well have been Zlatans last game for United last night

I am not sure why Jose praised Shaw.I think he was very average and showed his limitations
He has clearly not recovered from his injury
Mikki was very average.Where was Herrara?
Until extra time and United more or less forced Anderlect back Tony Valencia was unable to give the width he had given against Chelsea
The introduction of Fellaini meant that Anderlecht had to hold players back which created the width

Rojo will be a big miss and now Jose is blaming Jones and Smalling for not having the courage to get back earlier
WTF is he on about

I like the way you lot are naming Celta Vigo,Lyon and Ajax as top teams
Are they fornicate
Paul Scholes summed it up on TV last night when the number of games being played was brought up
He said when he played,at this stage of the season they were usually challenging for the championship,possibly in an FA cup semi and playing the likes of Barcelona,Juventus and Real Madrid
United have just played Rostov and Anderlecht,are out of the FA cup and have no pressure at all in the league as we aren't challenging
Well said Paul

On a sad note give a thought for the Glazers who will have had to pay an extra hours overtime to the stewards
Every cent counts

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:19 pm

Some very strange comments flying around Manchester today

All the fans i spoke to want to know what Jose's game is
At the end of the game Jose went and applauded the Anderlecht fans then shook the officials hands and marched off the pitch
Didn't acknowledge his players or the fans
What's his game?

Manchester Evening News today gave Zlatan the great 2 out of 10
Described him as a static liability to the team
Now where have i heard that before?
Oh yes.Me!!
Time for a testimonial for him at United as a big thank you for what he has done for this club and then ta ta :party:

Return to ā€œU-N-I-T-E-Dā€