Loading...
Next Match: Image
West Bromwich Albion in the Premier League.
Sunday 17th December 2017, KO 14:15 UTC.
User avatar
Giants14
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1461
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:43 am

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Arsenal (a)

Mon May 08, 2017 10:14 am

Would we have taken a league cup win and a Europa league win at the start of the season?

No doubt we have struggled in the league - our lack of goals is a major concern and something that needs addressed in the summer. Too many draws at home have cost us.

As for Spurs putting out a weakened side - hmmm no they didn't - the team that went out v Gent - Lloris, Dier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Walker, Wanyama, Dembele, Davies, Eriksen, Alli, Kane.

We played a strong enough side in each round to keep our options open and it looks to have paid off - I hate the Europa league - i hate playing in it every week but the reality is...this is our level currently but i hope we win it. I couldn't give a rat's ass if other club's ridicule us.

Spurs are one of the best teams in the EPL over the past two seasons? what have they won? We have had 2 pretty poor seasons yet we have an FA Cup, League cup and a really good chance of a Europa league trophy - I'm sure Spurs fans would like some silverware


Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

dbecks07
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1770
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:09 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Arsenal (a)

Mon May 08, 2017 10:18 am

redmaria wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 9:09 am
dbecks07 wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 8:42 am
Yep...very obvious where our focus is now. The team put out seemed to be a team that didn't include anyone that was risky for the Europa game.

I'm not a fan of just giving up and want us to win every game, but I understand Mou's thinking given how many games we have played and how the players have been fallen out like flies in recent games.

Best we make the Thursday game a certainty now
As i keep saying it's frightening what people accept as the norm and the excuses they make up to justify it
This is not a club that has been playing scintilating football all season but played a weakened team to help us get to a major final
This shit has been fed to you all season
They have not scored a goal against a top 6 team away all season no matter whether it was early or late in the season
We have not been in the top 4 all season and never really looked like doing so
At best we were hopeful of getting into the top 4 with nit the slightest hint of a title challenge

If we don't win the magic UEFA cup that no other English team showed the slightest desire to be in then we,and especially Jose, look complete pricks
Spurs were playing a weakened team throughout the competition
No bullshit excuses about 2 games a week and priority etc
They were after a serious challenge on the league and couldn't be arsed with the having a laugh cup
If we actually win it we will be ridiculed at every ground next year
It is only United fans desperate for anything that have chosen to covet this trophy along with the league cup and the pre season pot noodle world series trophy
I hear ya and we havent been good against top 4/6 teams this season..bar that Chelsea game.

I'm just saying that I get yesterday's game given how our players are just getting injured..I dont prefer it and yes, I think we need to bring in alot of players in to get this squad challenging again..but at the very point we are at now with CL hanging in the balance..The Cup seems like the best option is all

User avatar
marcus leong
Referee
Referee
Posts: 6021
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:31 am

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Arsenal (a)

Mon May 08, 2017 10:39 am

redmaria wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 7:32 am

The goal machine that is Zlatan the great has failed to score against any of the top 6 clubs in his magnificent Manchester United career
Premier League
10/9 Man City - 1 goal (Lost 2-1)
15/1 Liverpool - 1 goal (Draw 1-1)




redmaria wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 7:32 am
As far as i am aware Zlatan played in a lot pf those home draws against fairly average teams that cost this game it's importance

Zlatan scored 28 goals in 21 games in all competition.

17 out of 21 games he scored in United win.
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

User avatar
Giants14
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1461
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:43 am

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Arsenal (a)

Mon May 08, 2017 11:32 am

marcus leong wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 10:39 am
redmaria wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 7:32 am

The goal machine that is Zlatan the great has failed to score against any of the top 6 clubs in his magnificent Manchester United career
Premier League
10/9 Man City - 1 goal (Lost 2-1)
15/1 Liverpool - 1 goal (Draw 1-1)




redmaria wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 7:32 am
As far as i am aware Zlatan played in a lot pf those home draws against fairly average teams that cost this game it's importance

Zlatan scored 28 goals in 21 games in all competition.

17 out of 21 games he scored in United win.
(FA cup included)
Further to that - Zlatan has played v Top 6.........5 times this season - scored twice

He has missed Chelsea x2, Arsenal 2x, Cityx1 and will miss Spurs away this Sunday.

So he hasn't scored in three of the games v Top 6 is more a statement you should be making.
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

User avatar
joze ruis
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1115
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:23 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Arsenal (a)

Mon May 08, 2017 12:05 pm

logic and facts are something Ray isnt familiar with. He was proven wrong yet again but it wont stop him from making these statements again in let's say a week or two. Also trying to downplay Spurs being eliminated by poor Anderlecht with wrong facts.

but hey at least we can all be happy with how this team is performing without 2 shirtsellers Ibra and Pogba

User avatar
redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 618
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:24 am

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Arsenal (a)

Mon May 08, 2017 12:41 pm

joze ruis wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 12:05 pm
logic and facts are something Ray isnt familiar with. He was proven wrong yet again but it wont stop him from making these statements again in let's say a week or two. Also trying to downplay Spurs being eliminated by poor Anderlecht with wrong facts.

but hey at least we can all be happy with how this team is performing without 2 shirtsellers Ibra and Pogba
The only logic and the only fact that concerns me are
a) the quality aka as the excitement factor that this team plays
b) the position we finish in the league.Remember the league??The one we used to compete for regularly

Now Paul Scholes,Roy Keane and the Neville's all have an opinion.
It is more or less the same and is bacically the tripe turned out by this team is embarrasing and the excuses given out by Jose is on a par to the shit played

However who are they to contest the opinion of a great fan like you Joze that is happy and excited in equal proportions
Roll on Thursday night for your fix of excitement

As for would i have taken the UEFA cup and League cup at the start of the season?
Well yes but i would have demanded that the team both challenged for the league and showed me signs of building a squad capable of improving
The reality is that using logic and fact the team has not challenged or looked likely to challenge for the league at any time this season and the squad has imo deteriorated and not improved
You are all looking for genuine quality investment in the summer but what happens if DDG and/or/Martial and/or Mikki are sold?
You are being fed that it would be a good thing but you have been fed by Jose over the last 3 weeks that it would be a good thing for Smalling and Jones to get back
Look how that turned out

User avatar
joze ruis
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1115
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:23 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Arsenal (a)

Mon May 08, 2017 1:34 pm

Jose is playing mind games like always, he created us against the world aura at every club he's been. He knows this squad isnt good enough and is trying to salvage this season the best he can, his statements cant be taken too seriously

let the man build his team and then judge him..we're in transition, we dont have the backbone of the team so it's not just add 1 or 2 players and we're set to go. The club fornicate up in recent past and now we're playing catch up, it wont happen in one year. Galactico transfer model works for Real and it will work for us, it's certaintly better than shit transfer plans when we saved money on plyers to pay the loans. Having shit owners suck but with Galactico model and JOse we have a chance on reaching the top again.

We'll see in the next 2 transfer windows which one of us is right

User avatar
marcus leong
Referee
Referee
Posts: 6021
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:31 am

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Arsenal (a)

Mon May 08, 2017 2:46 pm

Analysis of Tuanzebes's performance

http://www.footballwhispers.com/blog/an ... affiliates
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

User avatar
redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 618
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:24 am

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Arsenal (a)

Mon May 08, 2017 2:53 pm

marcus leong wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 2:46 pm
Analysis of Tuanzebes's performance

http://www.footballwhispers.com/blog/an ... affiliates

The lad did well but this is a team game

Arsenal are a very average team compared to Arsenals of the past 10 years but we are worse

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6100
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:15 am

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Arsenal (a)

Mon May 08, 2017 3:41 pm

redmaria wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 7:32 am
Sandies wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 2:08 am
As if anyone is bothered by the result. Arsenal are in no shape to challenge anyone next year, the win won get them in top 4 and we had no chance at it either. Home draws against fairly average sides costs the game its importance.

The only thing for me was that 6 players showed absolutely nothing to suggest they should be here next year. Hopefully its the last we see of them, and Tuanzebe was a real positive. Im sure Jose knows the same

As for Rooney, the end cant come quick enough, should have been shipped to China when we had the chance
Sandies wrote:
Oh but at least some of you are getting to see just how good we are without Pogba and ibra
And those two comments just about sum up the bullshit mentality that United fans are being allowed to be fed them and they now accept as the norm

Without Pogba Juventus have strolled away with the Italian league and are almost certainly in the Champions league final and may well win it
So how much are they missing Pogba and put another way "how good is he"
If you've seen anything this season from the lad other than potential and value for £90m then you've seen more than anybody i know
The only thing you can say is that next year will be a good year for him.
Now where have i heard that before

The goal machine that is Zlatan the great has failed to score against any of the top 6 clubs in his magnificent Manchester United career
As far as i am aware Zlatan played in a lot pf those home draws against fairly average teams that cost this game it's importance
So tell me then how good are we with with Zlatan because we have not been very good with him
It's just that some choose to blame others like Wazza and Fellaini
The truth is that this is a very poor side short of between 6 to 8 players
Jose has somehow convinced people that this final position in the league will be much better than that achieved under Moyes and LVG
The style might be different but this is not "playing the way that United should" nor is 5th or 6th any better than err 5th or 6th

As for Wazza after a magnificent career his football career at the top probably came to an end 2 years ago
Unfortunately for people that want the club to succeed we have been faced with the bad news that his commercial career didn't end at that point and as such that side continued to be shipped out to China weekly
Even yesterday the away end was full of happy clappy chappys and when Wayne Looney was announced as in the team it was orgasm time for many on the pilgrimage

The United faithful were not upset by the result
To be honest it didn't hurt at all.You have to go back a long way to see such lethargy in what used to be an important game
Despite it being a hot ticket in the United end(£200 being asked for and got) it was not a wanted ticket in the Arsenal end which was shown by the empty seats

They think Arsenal are poor and want Wenger out but we think Jose is great
All his eggs are in the UEFA basket and Ajax might not be as easy as it should be with this squad of aged shirt sellers

1. Who said i believe the bullshit? I said last night was irrelevant because we fornicate up so many easy games at home which killed off our season. So what is more realistic? Having to beat Spurs Southampton City Arsenal all away AND hope results go our way, or beat Celta (with a one goal advantage) and Ajax. Was the right choice to rest players, Pogba and Rashford shouldn't even have travlled and all Smalling Jones and Darmian showed was that were counting down the days till they can fornicate off

2. Its irrelevant how well Juve have done this well. They have the best defence in Europe, and took the whole 80 million they got for Pogba and spent it on one player who is a world class striker. They also made the CL without Vidal, does that make him a shit player because Juve dont miss him? Also easier to be challenging in Europe every week when you have no competition back home taking it out of you

3. You dont see how good Pogba is until you watch us play without him. Its 2 different teams, the only problem Pogba has had this year is having fornicate clowns on the end of his chances. The chances we have missed this year could have easily seen us finish top 2

4. Give up on Zlatan, scored 20+ goals this year, shown our fantastic captain how a professional football should take care of himself and our league form has fallen apart since he left. Could not have asked for a better role model and professional for Rashford to learn from this early in his career, and thats before you ignore his goals

5. Not sure your point about Rooney and Fellaini. Rooney is finished, absolutely finished, wed be better off playing with 10 men than this bumbling oaf strutting around the pitch getting in everyones way. Cant even trap a pass anymore. Fellaini never was a united player to begin with, but im yet to see what he exactly adds to the side, very few players you get to celebrate 4 match bans
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

User avatar
redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 618
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:24 am

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Arsenal (a)

Mon May 08, 2017 4:32 pm

Who said you believe the bullshit
Well actually you did in a round about way with your last post
You have made excuses galore to show why you think we are not that far away when in reality we are 8 or 9 players away from challenging for the league never mind Europe
We have no chance of signing the likes of Ronaldo or Bale
we should have been in for Kane but the reality is that we are most likely to take Michael Keane off Burnley and give him the number 16 shirt and pretend he is Roy Keane
He is also cheap

Any person that has watched United all season has seen nothing but average football and despite you believing that we appear to have been a bit unlucky with the home results the truth is that we have not looked like winning most of the home games

If you are happy good luck but you don't pay and travel to watch that shit

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users