Loading...
Next Match: Image
Bournemouth in the Premier League.
Wednesday 13th December 2017, KO 20:00 UTC.
User avatar
JUAN UNITED
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1667
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Arsenal (a)

Sun May 07, 2017 5:35 pm

Think DDG minds in Madrid.


Always look on the bright side of life la la, la la la la la la!!!

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 2281
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Arsenal (a)

Sun May 07, 2017 5:36 pm

JUAN UNITED wrote:
Sun May 07, 2017 5:32 pm
DaveMart wrote:
Sun May 07, 2017 5:28 pm
On the bright side, Tuanzebe has played very well.
Yup kept Sanchez at bay.
Utd just don't have the urgency like Arsenal do.
Mourinho sets up for defence first, which slows our play down and doesn't get the ball through for our forward.

I say forward as Martial was more or less the target man here.

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 2281
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Arsenal (a)

Sun May 07, 2017 5:39 pm

Rooney playing as the blind man trying to pin the tail on the donkey, or perhaps a donkey playing like a blind man.

User avatar
JUAN UNITED
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1667
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Arsenal (a)

Sun May 07, 2017 5:39 pm

DaveMart wrote:
Sun May 07, 2017 5:36 pm
JUAN UNITED wrote:
Sun May 07, 2017 5:32 pm
DaveMart wrote:
Sun May 07, 2017 5:28 pm
On the bright side, Tuanzebe has played very well.
Yup kept Sanchez at bay.
Utd just don't have the urgency like Arsenal do.
Mourinho sets up for defence first, which slows our play down and doesn't get the ball through for our forward.

I say forward as Martial was more or less the target man here.
Story of our season! There so scared to get overrun that turn defence into attack is a mission in itself.
Always look on the bright side of life la la, la la la la la la!!!

User avatar
JUAN UNITED
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1667
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Arsenal (a)

Sun May 07, 2017 5:39 pm

DaveMart wrote:
Sun May 07, 2017 5:39 pm
Rooney playing as the blind man trying to pin the tail on the donkey, or perhaps a donkey playing like a blind man.
Lol
Always look on the bright side of life la la, la la la la la la!!!

User avatar
JUAN UNITED
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1667
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Arsenal (a)

Sun May 07, 2017 5:40 pm

Scott. M on for Mata
Always look on the bright side of life la la, la la la la la la!!!

User avatar
JUAN UNITED
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1667
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Arsenal (a)

Sun May 07, 2017 5:49 pm

Full Time

Arsenal 2-0 Man Utd

1st half we were decent & played well. But 2nd half completely collapsed with the two quick goals given away. No urgency no ideas played sideways & backwards but not running towards goal! Sad to say Arsenal completely deserved the win. That's surely the 4th place gone now. TBH we don't even deserve it!
Always look on the bright side of life la la, la la la la la la!!!

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Posts: 9145
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:40 am
Call Me: Ste

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Arsenal (a)

Sun May 07, 2017 5:52 pm

Why the hell when we were 2 -0 down (so needed to score 3 in about 25 mins) did we bring Rashford on??? If he'd have got injured that wouldve been season over!

Not overly fussed about the loss - just hope everyone is fit and ready for Thursday!
My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 2281
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Arsenal (a)

Sun May 07, 2017 5:53 pm

For the 'Red Devils' we were not so much 'Fast and Furious' as 'Slow and Studious'.

User avatar
joze ruis
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1115
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:23 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Arsenal (a)

Sun May 07, 2017 5:54 pm

while Tuanzebe offered absolutely nothing to our attack at least his defending was good.....unlike those 2 clowns at CB.

Having Smalling back is the worst thing that could have happened to us. The way he completely misjudged that cross for a goal is comical.

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee
Posts: 8215
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:55 pm
Call Me: Daddy

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Arsenal (a)

Sun May 07, 2017 5:54 pm

That was a pathetic second half
100% Top Red

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 2281
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Arsenal (a)

Sun May 07, 2017 6:02 pm

joze ruis wrote:
Sun May 07, 2017 5:54 pm
while Tuanzebe offered absolutely nothing to our attack at least his defending was good.....unlike those 2 clowns at CB.
What do you think Jose told him to do?

User avatar
Mr_Aubergine
Junior Player
Junior Player
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:36 pm
Call Me: Eric

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Arsenal (a)

Sun May 07, 2017 7:32 pm

I'm a Rooney fan but oh dear......for me this match was dull and boring. Sadly similar to many matches this season. Where do we go from here?

Cue Ray!
Life is like a pubic hair on a toilet seat.......sometimes you get pissed off!

User avatar
ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 5622
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 1:12 pm
Call Me: Barry

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Arsenal (a)

Sun May 07, 2017 7:53 pm

The strategy appeared to be to control the middle of the pitch, frustrate Arsenal and pinch a goal at the death. The quick attacks worked in the first half at keeping Arsenal off balance but as soon as Arsenal went ahead we just didn't have an answer. I was surprised at the substitutions, a very risky gamble with little upside.

I am glad that Bally and Blind got a rest; but it shows that we should not go into season relaying on Smalling and Jones as part of the back line. Because of the injury Rojo we may end up having to pick up three CD during the off season.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

User avatar
marcus leong
Referee
Referee
Posts: 6021
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:31 am

Re: RE: Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Arsenal (a)

Sun May 07, 2017 8:19 pm

ArizonaRed wrote:The strategy appeared to be to control the middle of the pitch, frustrate Arsenal and pinch a goal at the death. The quick attacks worked in the first half at keeping Arsenal off balance but as soon as Arsenal went ahead we just didn't have an answer. I was surprised at the substitutions, a very risky gamble with little upside.

I am glad that Bally and Blind got a rest; but it shows that we should not go into season relaying on Smalling and Jones as part of the back line. Because of the injury Rojo we may end up having to pick up three CD during the off season.
Can't see the team signing three CB though.

Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

User avatar
ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 5622
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 1:12 pm
Call Me: Barry

Re: RE: Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Arsenal (a)

Sun May 07, 2017 8:42 pm

marcus leong wrote:
Sun May 07, 2017 8:19 pm
ArizonaRed wrote:The strategy appeared to be to control the middle of the pitch, frustrate Arsenal and pinch a goal at the death. The quick attacks worked in the first half at keeping Arsenal off balance but as soon as Arsenal went ahead we just didn't have an answer. I was surprised at the substitutions, a very risky gamble with little upside.

I am glad that Bally and Blind got a rest; but it shows that we should not go into season relaying on Smalling and Jones as part of the back line. Because of the injury Rojo we may end up having to pick up three CD during the off season.
Can't see the team signing three CB though.
A really good one to partner with Bailly as starters, coverage for Rojo until he recovers and I cannot see Mourinho putting up with Smalling for another year. If it becomes a toss up between keeping Blind or Jones my money would be on keeping Blind.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

User avatar
redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 618
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:24 am

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Arsenal (a)

Sun May 07, 2017 10:24 pm

ArizonaRed wrote:
Sun May 07, 2017 7:53 pm
The strategy appeared to be to control the middle of the pitch, frustrate Arsenal and pinch a goal at the death. The quick attacks worked in the first half at keeping Arsenal off balance but as soon as Arsenal went ahead we just didn't have an answer. I was surprised at the substitutions, a very risky gamble with little upside.

I am glad that Bally and Blind got a rest; but it shows that we should not go into season relaying on Smalling and Jones as part of the back line. Because of the injury Rojo we may end up having to pick up three CD during the off season.
Plus a left back-Shaw done and Young off
Plus a replacement for Wazza,Carrick,Schweinsteiger,Depay,Schneiderlin
Plus a shirt selling number 7 plus a shirt selling goalscorer
Should be as interesting a transfer window as the last 8

Well we stole Pogba
I didn't really expect Juventus to do well without him
Won the italian league in a stroll and possibly the Champions League final.How could that happen

Anyway next year will be a good year
The good news is that Jose got what he wished for
He has been bollocking Smalling and Jones for not playing
They played today and were shit
Be careful what you wish for eh

Keep an eye on Blackburn and hope we don't end up like them
Greedy owners can't destroy a heritage eh?
You wouldn't like to be a chicken in Blackburn tonight :laugh: :laugh:

User avatar
redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 618
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:24 am

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Arsenal (a)

Sun May 07, 2017 10:25 pm

I suppose Ben will balme Wazza for todays shit
Well he can't blame Fellaini but he might go for the little snot Herrara

Jose's playing the way that United should oh yea

It's amazing how many mugs buy this shit that next year will be great

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6090
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:15 am

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Arsenal (a)

Mon May 08, 2017 2:08 am

As if anyone is bothered by the result. Arsenal are in no shape to challenge anyone next year, the win won get them in top 4 and we had no chance at it either. Home draws against fairly average sides costs the game its importance.

The only thing for me was that 6 players showed absolutely nothing to suggest they should be here next year. Hopefully its the last we see of them, and Tuanzebe was a real positive. Im sure Jose knows the same

As for Rooney, the end cant come quick enough, should have been shipped to China when we had the chance
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6090
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:15 am

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Arsenal (a)

Mon May 08, 2017 2:45 am

Oh but at least some of you are getting to see just how good we are without Pogba and ibra
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

User avatar
marcus leong
Referee
Referee
Posts: 6021
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:31 am

Re: RE: Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Arsenal (a)

Mon May 08, 2017 2:49 am

Sandies wrote:Oh but at least some of you are getting to see just how good we are without Pogba and ibra
Shh....Don't say it out loud
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

User avatar
redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 618
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:24 am

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Arsenal (a)

Mon May 08, 2017 7:32 am

Sandies wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 2:08 am
As if anyone is bothered by the result. Arsenal are in no shape to challenge anyone next year, the win won get them in top 4 and we had no chance at it either. Home draws against fairly average sides costs the game its importance.

The only thing for me was that 6 players showed absolutely nothing to suggest they should be here next year. Hopefully its the last we see of them, and Tuanzebe was a real positive. Im sure Jose knows the same

As for Rooney, the end cant come quick enough, should have been shipped to China when we had the chance
Sandies wrote:
Oh but at least some of you are getting to see just how good we are without Pogba and ibra
And those two comments just about sum up the bullshit mentality that United fans are being allowed to be fed them and they now accept as the norm

Without Pogba Juventus have strolled away with the Italian league and are almost certainly in the Champions league final and may well win it
So how much are they missing Pogba and put another way "how good is he"
If you've seen anything this season from the lad other than potential and value for £90m then you've seen more than anybody i know
The only thing you can say is that next year will be a good year for him.
Now where have i heard that before

The goal machine that is Zlatan the great has failed to score against any of the top 6 clubs in his magnificent Manchester United career
As far as i am aware Zlatan played in a lot pf those home draws against fairly average teams that cost this game it's importance
So tell me then how good are we with with Zlatan because we have not been very good with him
It's just that some choose to blame others like Wazza and Fellaini
The truth is that this is a very poor side short of between 6 to 8 players
Jose has somehow convinced people that this final position in the league will be much better than that achieved under Moyes and LVG
The style might be different but this is not "playing the way that United should" nor is 5th or 6th any better than err 5th or 6th

As for Wazza after a magnificent career his football career at the top probably came to an end 2 years ago
Unfortunately for people that want the club to succeed we have been faced with the bad news that his commercial career didn't end at that point and as such that side continued to be shipped out to China weekly
Even yesterday the away end was full of happy clappy chappys and when Wayne Looney was announced as in the team it was orgasm time for many on the pilgrimage

The United faithful were not upset by the result
To be honest it didn't hurt at all.You have to go back a long way to see such lethargy in what used to be an important game
Despite it being a hot ticket in the United end(£200 being asked for and got) it was not a wanted ticket in the Arsenal end which was shown by the empty seats

They think Arsenal are poor and want Wenger out but we think Jose is great
All his eggs are in the UEFA basket and Ajax might not be as easy as it should be with this squad of aged shirt sellers

User avatar
Giants14
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1459
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:43 am

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Arsenal (a)

Mon May 08, 2017 7:48 am

You could tell that the team has mailed in the league - we were solid enough in the first but once the first goal went in we went to bits.

Good to get are bigger players a well earned rest.

Some well below average performances. Rooney - its so hard to watch a great player fall from grace so badly - we'll be lucky to decent coin for him in the summer - getting him off the wage bill would be massive.
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

dbecks07
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1764
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:09 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Arsenal (a)

Mon May 08, 2017 8:42 am

Yep...very obvious where our focus is now. The team put out seemed to be a team that didn't include anyone that was risky for the Europa game.

I'm not a fan of just giving up and want us to win every game, but I understand Mou's thinking given how many games we have played and how the players have been fallen out like flies in recent games.

Best we make the Thursday game a certainty now

User avatar
redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 618
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:24 am

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Arsenal (a)

Mon May 08, 2017 9:09 am

dbecks07 wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 8:42 am
Yep...very obvious where our focus is now. The team put out seemed to be a team that didn't include anyone that was risky for the Europa game.

I'm not a fan of just giving up and want us to win every game, but I understand Mou's thinking given how many games we have played and how the players have been fallen out like flies in recent games.

Best we make the Thursday game a certainty now
As i keep saying it's frightening what people accept as the norm and the excuses they make up to justify it
This is not a club that has been playing scintilating football all season but played a weakened team to help us get to a major final
This shit has been fed to you all season
They have not scored a goal against a top 6 team away all season no matter whether it was early or late in the season
We have not been in the top 4 all season and never really looked like doing so
At best we were hopeful of getting into the top 4 with nit the slightest hint of a title challenge

If we don't win the magic UEFA cup that no other English team showed the slightest desire to be in then we,and especially Jose, look complete pricks
Spurs were playing a weakened team throughout the competition
No bullshit excuses about 2 games a week and priority etc
They were after a serious challenge on the league and couldn't be arsed with the having a laugh cup
If we actually win it we will be ridiculed at every ground next year
It is only United fans desperate for anything that have chosen to covet this trophy along with the league cup and the pre season pot noodle world series trophy

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users