Next Match: Image
West Bromwich Albion in the Premier League.
Sunday 17th December 2017, KO 14:15 UTC.
redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Europa League SF vs. Celta Vigo (h)

Sat May 13, 2017 7:21 am

Sandies wrote: ā†‘
Sat May 13, 2017 12:27 am
I honestly dont understand Daily Blind. Some games he will put in a world class performance that makes you realise his reading of the game can counter his lack of strength height and pace. Then he'll put in a performance last night that almost single handedly cost us champions league football

Thank god that bald prick is possible the worst striker to ever set foot on the Old Trafford pitch

Our home record this year, is quite simply, a fornicate joke. Thank god the final is in stockholm.
These things happen
He did indeed have a poor game against Vigo
I saw him raise his hand several times to acknowledge a mistake which was usually to give the ball away

I do not understand the professional game well enough to guarantee this but i have a theory on why this was not one of his better games
I think a player of his ability,more often than not looks for a short simple pass when under pressure
To be able to do that you need a player close by to give it to
Against Vigo they put a lot of effort in playing us at what has become our own game ie pressure of the sort Lingaard and Rashford put on defenders by closing them down quickly when they are looking to clear
That forces defenders to lump it and quickly without having too much time to even decide where to lump it
If Blind had a playmaker close to him like Carrick when he got the ball in defence i think you would have seen a better performance

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Sun May 14, 2017 2:51 am

Behold...Europa league player of the week!

http://mvp.uefa.com/en/uefaeuropaleague/results

Fellaini
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sun May 14, 2017 7:54 am

marcus leong wrote: ā†‘
Sun May 14, 2017 2:51 am
Behold...Europa league player of the week!

http://mvp.uefa.com/en/uefaeuropaleague/results

Fellaini

That's fair enough

I can't think of anybody who played better than him against Vigo and he scored the goal that put us in the final
Got to say the standard required to win player of the week was low but that's the standard we currently do well at

Return to ā€œU-N-I-T-E-Dā€