Next Match: Image
West Bromwich Albion in the Premier League.
Sunday 17th December 2017, KO 14:15 UTC.

Who do you want to see as United's next permanent club captain?

Poll ended at Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:13 pm

De Gea
No votes
Valencia
30%
Bailly
10%
Smalling
No votes
Carrick
20%
Herrera
40%
Fellaini
No votes
Mata
No votes
Pogba
No votes
A new summer signing
No votes

Total votes: 10
redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Re: If Rooney leaves in the summer...

Sat May 27, 2017 7:32 pm

marcus leong wrote:
Sat May 27, 2017 6:45 pm
Otis wrote:good point Daddy. (Y)

But when I think of Ray on this board I always think of that great United T-shirt slogan........

Hated,Adored,Never Ignored.

I'm in Ray's gang btw. :)
No one have problem with what he say, it is how he says it. Different opinions are always welcome. Mocking and ridicule in condescending way are not.
Marcus lighten up

This is a forum and should be a bit of fun
I say it as i see it so what's your problem

If you have an opinion then let's hear it and debate it
A forum is more than (Y) or :party: or :clap:

or at least it should be

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Sat May 27, 2017 7:55 pm

redmaria wrote:
marcus leong wrote:
Sat May 27, 2017 6:45 pm
Otis wrote:good point Daddy. (Y)

But when I think of Ray on this board I always think of that great United T-shirt slogan........

Hated,Adored,Never Ignored.

I'm in Ray's gang btw. :)
No one have problem with what he say, it is how he says it. Different opinions are always welcome. Mocking and ridicule in condescending way are not.
Marcus lighten up

This is a forum and should be a bit of fun
I say it as i see it so what's your problem

If you have an opinion then let's hear it and debate it
A forum is more than (Y) or :party: or :clap:

or at least it should be
You're the one that need to lighten up. You constantly mock anyone that you do not agree with and call them names( you've stop the name calling recently, thanks for that). We have receive multiple complains about this and you should know.

Say it as you see it is just a lazy excuse to be a dick. If I do that I'll be swearing in every single reply to you.

As for debate, no one see it worthwhile to debate you since you will just mock and ridicule.
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sun May 28, 2017 7:21 am

Your opinion is accepted if not necessarily agreed with

I have also had numerous messages congratulating on my opinions,my honesty and my important and forthright views
So i suppose that might make us 50/50 with you presumably in the lead as you hold the nuclear "ban" button which you sound like you'd love to be able to press given the opportunity

However you have ignored the last and important part of my post which is "let's hear YOUR opinion(s)" on Manchester United so we can discuss and debate

You are a mod and you need to encourage topics and debates and help grow the forum

The sheer fact that this voting thread has only manage to attract 8 votes in total should be of most concern to you

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Sun May 28, 2017 7:59 am

redmaria wrote:
The sheer fact that this voting thread has only manage to attract 8 votes in total should be of most concern to you
* Enters thread *

* Sees Ray is ranting again *

* Exits thread *

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sun May 28, 2017 10:40 am

Ole wrote:
redmaria wrote:
* Enters thread *

* Sees Ray is ranting again *

* Exits thread *
Me ranting is just your opinion
It is not necessarily the same opinion as a significant percentage(sic) of other forum members

I call it as i see it and being so close to the club,i believe gives me an insight over some,as to what is actually happening as opposed to what the club feeds out to gullible people through the "proud to announce medium"

Some like to argue about who is coming and who is going and use the bullshit fed to them through newspapers as a topic to argue on
I personally only read actual "quotes" as opposed to a source close to is possibly reported as saying

Take a strong look at who is being quoted and thin out a players mother and his agent an an old team mate from 10 years ago when he was at school and you get a dose of reality

If you don't like my straightforward and honest approach you have 3 choices
1 Give us YOUR opinion which i strongly suggest you do
2 Put me on your foe and ignore list which you clearly haven't as you have made the previous post
3 Go elsewhere

Back on track then
Having just signed a contract extension yesterday the only club captain possible is Michael Carrick.That is on the assumption that Wazza will indeed leave

Bruceyuk
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Call Me: Bruce

Sun May 28, 2017 10:55 am

Can't wait to see the back of this clown.

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sun May 28, 2017 12:20 pm

Bruceyuk wrote:
I think that "clown" is very very harsh

If you ignore his off the field antics i think legend and hero who has run his course is far more appropriate
He has only been allowed to stay past his sell by date because of the money that the brand has,and continues to make out of him
They have and will milk every last cent
That is not his fault

If you do insist on adding his off the field behaviour then you must also think badly of George Best,Bobby Moore with the jewellery,John Terry with his affair with a team mates wife,Ryan Giggs for his affair with his brothers wife,Gazza for life in general,Paul Merson and Tony Adams for being alcoholics.
All the above are absolute legends and will be remembered as such a long time after this forum has vanished into obscurity

I personally prefer to judge Wazza by his first game hat trick,his overhead kick against the Berties and him hobbling on in a Champions league semi final to try to get us to a final.What courage eh
Do you remember what a champions league semi final is?
You can stick the commercial Far East activities right up your arse

Bruceyuk
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Call Me: Bruce

Sun May 28, 2017 9:44 pm

He should have retired 4 years ago. The money he gets for what he does on the pitch is disgusting. As I've said on here many times. he smokes, he drinks, he's overweight and he's been taking the p**s out of the club for years.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

Mon May 29, 2017 5:04 am

For what he has accomplished at United I do not see there is other title that fit Rooney better than Legend. The list titles, trophies and accolades go on and on, he has been apart of some of our best teams playing whatever role was asked of him to make the team better.

The first time he held held the club to transom I could see where he was coming from, with little or no investment Sir Alex was able to continue willing titles. With a little investment (players) some of those teams could have had major a impact in the Champions League, instead we where just treading water. The second time i believe that Sir Alex tried to throw Rooney under a bus as he was retiring, because he believed (rightly) that Rooney was passed his sell by dater.just a feeling I have. Moyes was so far over his head that he didn't have a clue what to do and ends up signing Rooney to a multi-year deal for a outrageous amount of money. Is there anyone who would not have taken that deal if it was offered to them - I don't think so.

So thank Rooney for the memories; honestly I cannot see any premier club being too interested in him but if his want one more payday in China (I just don't see that working out) or the MLS then go for it and good luck to him.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

Mon May 29, 2017 6:25 am

ArizonaRed wrote:
Mon May 29, 2017 5:04 am
For what he has accomplished at United I do not see there is other title that fit Rooney better than Legend. The list titles, trophies and accolades go on and on, he has been apart of some of our best teams playing whatever role was asked of him to make the team better.

The first time he held held the club to transom I could see where he was coming from, with little or no investment Sir Alex was able to continue willing titles. With a little investment (players) some of those teams could have had major a impact in the Champions League, instead we where just treading water. The second time i believe that Sir Alex tried to throw Rooney under a bus as he was retiring, because he believed (rightly) that Rooney was passed his sell by dater.just a feeling I have. Moyes was so far over his head that he didn't have a clue what to do and ends up signing Rooney to a multi-year deal for a outrageous amount of money. Is there anyone who would not have taken that deal if it was offered to them - I don't think so.

So thank Rooney for the memories; honestly I cannot see any premier club being too interested in him but if his want one more payday in China (I just don't see that working out) or the MLS then go for it and good luck to him.
He admitted the whole lack of investment in the team reasoning was bullshit and he was just angling for more money. John O'Shea wrote about it in his book.
"Make America Great Again!"

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Mon May 29, 2017 7:33 am

Bruceyuk wrote:
You're a clown and that man is a Legend at this club. He drinks and smokes??...You should of seen George Best - I'm guessing you dont think he is a Legend..

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Mon May 29, 2017 7:37 am

The first time he was going to leave,under SAF,was nothing to do with him
The Glazers had decided to cash him in and not told SAF

I was at Carrington the day SAF found out
A friend of mine,who was a coach at Brentford had been allowed by SAF to watch United train close up,as a favour

SAF was standing in the middle of the grass and he was bright red and clearly fuming
He had been given an article by a journalist that was going to be published the following day and asked if he had any comment

Scouse Ed had sold him to Manchester City and SAF had not been consulted
Wazza wanted to stay in the North West as his sister in law was still alive and his wife would not leave the area because she was so critically ill
She has since passed away

SAF stormed off the pitch at the end of the session and the next day United "were proud to announce" he was going nowhere

Now you either believe that or you don't but those that no me personally know my contacts

Here's another one for any historians
I was asked to help sort out some items from the estate of Sir Matt Busby
Old photos of his playing career and a few general papers
I stumbled into a hand written letter from Denis Law requesting a transfer as he wanted more money and a second letter withdrawing the request and apologising for having upset Matt

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Mon May 29, 2017 1:40 pm

I read / hear somewhere that Herrera will be in the last year of his contract when next season starts. Can anyone confirm or deny this? If true, with Barcelona sniffing around him, why are we screwing around?

Carrick 5 Gerrard 0
Supporter
Supporter

Mon May 29, 2017 2:31 pm

ArizonaRed wrote:
I read / hear somewhere that Herrera will be in the last year of his contract when next season starts. Can anyone confirm or deny this? If true, with Barcelona sniffing around him, why are we screwing around?
He signed a 4 year deal in 2014 but there was an option of an additional year which united will activate so really there are 2 years left on his contract, most likely a new deal will be offered next year which is generally in line with most time remaining on contracts so I wouldn't worry too much about that yet

Otis
Reserve
Reserve

Mon May 29, 2017 2:44 pm

Bruceyuk wrote:
Forza Wayne Rooney.......Manchester United LEGEND, (l)
If you walk with Jesus,He's gonna save your soul.You gotta keep the Devil way down in the hole.
Wayne Rooney....Manchester United Legend.
Come back Ray,the board needs you.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Mon May 29, 2017 3:07 pm

Carrick 5 Gerrard 0 wrote:
ArizonaRed wrote:
He signed a 4 year deal in 2014 but there was an option of an additional year which united will activate so really there are 2 years left on his contract, most likely a new deal will be offered next year which is generally in line with most time remaining on contracts so I wouldn't worry too much about that yet
Thanks - Herrera is a player I to stay around for a long time.

Which site do you use to verify contract?

Carrick 5 Gerrard 0
Supporter
Supporter

Mon May 29, 2017 8:56 pm

ArizonaRed wrote:
Mon May 29, 2017 3:07 pm
Carrick 5 Gerrard 0 wrote:
ArizonaRed wrote:
Thanks - Herrera is a player I to stay around for a long time.

Which site do you use to verify contract?
Agree, he's really stepped it up this year.
I saw it on a few of the articles that linked him to Barca but mainly tend to use Wiki, not sure if there is a verified source for this stuff

Dante
Referee
Referee

Wed May 31, 2017 12:05 pm

redmaria wrote:
Sun May 28, 2017 10:40 am
Ole wrote:
redmaria wrote:
If you don't like my straightforward and honest approach you have 3 choices
1 Give us YOUR opinion which i strongly suggest you do
2 Put me on your foe and ignore list which you clearly haven't as you have made the previous post
3 Go elsewhere
1. Plenty of people including Dan have. It generally becomes a circular argument.
2. He, like me and Marcus can't, as we are required to be able to read all posts on the board as part of our role.
3. Leave the board he created? Bit strong mate.

When you want to be you are a fantastic poster. But your obsession with criticising people who are from or live abroad, and your copy and paste posts that often are only tangentially related to the topic ruins all of that. I'm fully aware that making this post brings the possibility of you latching on to me again, but if it means you start to leave Ben alone then so be it.

To improve the board experience for everyone, I'd urge you to stop feuding with people, and focus on the football, not the personal. Even you admit that Rooney isn't up to the task any more, so when people are happy to move past him, why not just accept that they feel less loyalty to him than you do rather than having a go at them for it. You've had plenty of issue with United keeping players that aren't good enough, and lambasted people who gave the players longer than you did. This is just the reverse.

People have less of a connection to Rooney than you because he's burned more of their goodwill than he has yours. Ultimately, so what? It's not worth getting bent out of shape over.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Wed May 31, 2017 4:13 pm

redmaria wrote:
Mon May 29, 2017 7:37 am
The first time he was going to leave,under SAF,was nothing to do with him
The Glazers had decided to cash him in and not told SAF

I was at Carrington the day SAF found out
A friend of mine,who was a coach at Brentford had been allowed by SAF to watch United train close up,as a favour

SAF was standing in the middle of the grass and he was bright red and clearly fuming
He had been given an article by a journalist that was going to be published the following day and asked if he had any comment

Scouse Ed had sold him to Manchester City and SAF had not been consulted
Wazza wanted to stay in the North West as his sister in law was still alive and his wife would not leave the area because she was so critically ill
She has since passed away

SAF stormed off the pitch at the end of the session and the next day United "were proud to announce" he was going nowhere

Now you either believe that or you don't but those that no me personally know my contacts

Here's another one for any historians
I was asked to help sort out some items from the estate of Sir Matt Busby
Old photos of his playing career and a few general papers
I stumbled into a hand written letter from Denis Law requesting a transfer as he wanted more money and a second letter withdrawing the request and apologising for having upset Matt

He still had to agree to go, which it appears he did... to City

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Wed May 31, 2017 6:05 pm

You won't be surprised to find you are wrong

He is a bit of meat to a professional football club.
An expensive piece of meat but a piece of meat never the less

His agent was after a new contract as his old one was moving towards the end
I know you think he is stupidly overpaid and i believe many footballers are indeed overpaid
However you can say that about actors,jockeys,boxers,racing car drivers,American football players,baseball players,cricketers etc etc etc
The truth is that they are exploited but now have agents that exploit back
I don't feel sorry for any footballer that gets screwed but equally those doing the screwing are not shy
Ask the fans of Blackpool,Blackburn,Portsmouth,Glasgow Rangers,Leeds United etc etc

You chat a lot about morals but there are very few morals left in the game
This is no longer a family or community game that is has been for over 100 years

So going back to Wazza
I have no idea what,if any clauses,he had in his contract about his rights to block a transfer
I suspect that the Glazers had all the aces
You seem to think he had to agree to leave.I am not so sure
I have no idea what,if any,lies he was told by Scouse Ed but it is entirely possible that he was blatantly lied to about his future prospects

Now add an agent,Paul Stretford,wittering in his ear telling him to leave(as Paul would definately be getting a serious bung off the Berties) and also explaining United were a crap club in decline(well he would be right wouldn't he as time has shown) and you now have Wazza ready to leave
His late sister in law was at the critical state of her illness so his wife was going nowhere and you have a money marriage made in heaven between Ed Woodward,The Glazers and Paul Stretford
I think the above is a serious exploitation of a commercial player and a legend but you won't give any more of a shit about that than the Glazers,i suppose
He won't have been treated financially poorly but i don't see that this point would have anything to do with the greed

And before you tell me how greedy he is remember he gets a small percentage of what he makes the club and that just vanishes to the Caymans
And note he gave 1/2 million to the Manchester Bombing Fund
Did any of you lot put anything in

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Wed May 31, 2017 8:22 pm

A player can't be sold against their will, sorry. If he truly cared about the club he would accept playing the in reserves before being sold to our biggest rivals, the club our fans hate most.

And I accept footballers are paid a lot of money, I have no issues with that. The have immense talent only a handful of people in the world possess. They provide enjoyment to many fans and profits to many clubs. I just think that Rooney is massively overpaid in relation to other footballs and in relation to his skill level, not to mention in relation to his commitment.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Wed May 31, 2017 11:21 pm

In today's football players are compensated based as much on economics as on their footballing skills. Messi and Ronaldo are both massive talents but if they could not make their respective clubs money then they would be looking at pay cuts. I have no issue with athletes or actors or anyone getting the best deal possible because if the money doesn't go to them someone else higher up the chain will pocket it.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Wed May 31, 2017 11:21 pm

In today's football players are compensated based as much on economics as on their footballing skills. Messi and Ronaldo are both massive talents but if they could not make their respective clubs money then they would be looking at pay cuts. I have no issue with athletes or actors or anyone getting the best deal possible because if the money doesn't go to them someone else higher up the chain will pocket it.

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:08 am

Relly wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 8:22 pm
A player can't be sold against their will, sorry. If he truly cared about the club he would accept playing the in reserves before being sold to our biggest rivals, the club our fans hate most.

And I accept footballers are paid a lot of money, I have no issues with that. The have immense talent only a handful of people in the world possess. They provide enjoyment to many fans and profits to many clubs. I just think that Rooney is massively overpaid in relation to other footballs and in relation to his skill level, not to mention in relation to his commitment.
Of course a player can be sold against his will
The club only have a contract to pay him the agreed salary
As long as they pay that off they can make his life so miserable that he would not want to stay no matter what he felt about the club
That effectively forces him out

United have done it in the past with David Beckham by making it clear they wanted to cash him in
They used every excuse available to them such as it was Victoria's fault as she didn't want to live in Manchester
His choice was accept that he was going or rot in the reserves

They did the same more recently with Schweinsteiger
They had made the money out of his shirt selling and just didn't want him around
They offered to pay up a large,but not all of his contract if he left
This was a player who at that time couldn't get another club as he wouldn't pass a medical and also his pride had been badly hurt
So he refused to go easily
It was nothing to do with caring about the club.It was all about professional pride
United had him training with the under 12's.Refused to let him anywhere near the first team squad
They took his squad number off him
They made it publically known they had written him out of the accounts
Total humiliation until they were in the shit for bodies due to injuries
The fans cheered his name.He got a last few minutes then slid out and joined the MLS

Going back to Wazza.I don't think he cares about this club in the way you are hinting
He is a professional footballer and is not a United fan
Everton is his boyhood club
He has made a seriously nice living out of this club and in return this club has benefited hugely from firstly his immense football talents and finally his huge commercial appeal
It is only the latter that is keeping him here now
He no longer has any football appeal but that does not detract from what he has achieved on the field
It will be United that are forcing him away now
Don't forget he still has 2 years on his contract

Rather than acknowledge what he has put into this club and paying him off they will be demanding a large transfer fee
They don't care if it is off China or the MLS but i bet he does't go to Everton

We'll see

Dante
Referee
Referee

Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:03 am

redmaria wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:08 am
Of course a player can be sold against his will
The club only have a contract to pay him the agreed salary
As long as they pay that off they can make his life so miserable that he would not want to stay no matter what he felt about the club
That effectively forces him out

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”