Loading...
Next Match: Image
West Bromwich Albion in the Premier League.
Sunday 17th December 2017, KO 14:15 UTC.
User avatar
marcus leong
Referee
Referee
Posts: 6021
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:31 am

Re: RE: Re: Pre/post match thread vs Spurs

Mon May 15, 2017 12:45 pm

Sandies wrote:I agree with you regarding he fact De Gea should play in Stockholm but I can see where Jose is coming from playing Romero. Its not a case of treating de gea like shit or dropping him for big games but just a reward to Romero

De Gea has played every league game this year, he hasnt been dropped once. Romero played the mickey mouse games but Jose is remaining fair to him letting him play in the final seeing as he got us there

I personally believe de gea deserves the final for being the one constant world classplayer during our years of being shite but I can see where Jose is coming from. Dont forget how quickly De Gea tried to fornicate off and how hed do it again if he could


Anyway Ill forgive this season if Jose can win the Europa. We are much better placed going into next season than we were at the end of Van Gaals and Moyes season. If he loses he'll look like a right dickhead but if we win it ill accept for now making the CL after winning 2 trophies. Id rather qualify for the CL coming 5th/6th and winning a European trophy than having the season Arsenal Liverpool City and even Spurs had
Definitely Europa cup is better than fourth place trophy.


Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

dbecks07
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1770
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:09 pm

Re: Pre/post match thread vs Spurs

Mon May 15, 2017 1:06 pm

I'm sorry, I dont see how DDG should play in the final and how that constitutes him being treated like a dog

It seems that its ok to treat Romero like a dog as DDG is a better player - is that how it works?

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6100
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:15 am

Re: Pre/post match thread vs Spurs

Mon May 15, 2017 2:59 pm

dbecks07 wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 1:06 pm
I'm sorry, I dont see how DDG should play in the final and how that constitutes him being treated like a dog

It seems that its ok to treat Romero like a dog as DDG is a better player - is that how it works?
No theyre professionals, doing their job. De Gea is #1, Romero knows that

In the biggest game of the year, you play the best player. Its a professional football club, not a under 8 school side
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

User avatar
joze ruis
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1115
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:23 pm

Re: Pre/post match thread vs Spurs

Mon May 15, 2017 3:01 pm

agreed. you have the most important game of the season and you leave your only wolrd class palyer on the bench WTF :yawn:

User avatar
ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 5626
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 1:12 pm
Call Me: Barry

Re: Pre/post match thread vs Spurs

Mon May 15, 2017 10:47 pm

Romero has performed great throughout this competition but the bottom line is that we need a win and De Gea can make saves that Romero cannot. All sentement aside play the best team we have.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

User avatar
redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 618
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:24 am

Re: RE: Re: Pre/post match thread vs Spurs

Mon May 15, 2017 10:50 pm

marcus leong wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 12:45 pm
Sandies wrote:I agree with you regarding he fact De Gea should play in Stockholm but I can see where Jose is coming from playing Romero. Its not a case of treating de gea like shit or dropping him for big games but just a reward to Romero

De Gea has played every league game this year, he hasnt been dropped once. Romero played the mickey mouse games but Jose is remaining fair to him letting him play in the final seeing as he got us there

I personally believe de gea deserves the final for being the one constant world classplayer during our years of being shite but I can see where Jose is coming from. Dont forget how quickly De Gea tried to fornicate off and how hed do it again if he could


Anyway Ill forgive this season if Jose can win the Europa. We are much better placed going into next season than we were at the end of Van Gaals and Moyes season. If he loses he'll look like a right dickhead but if we win it ill accept for now making the CL after winning 2 trophies. Id rather qualify for the CL coming 5th/6th and winning a European trophy than having the season Arsenal Liverpool City and even Spurs had
Definitely Europa cup is better than fourth place trophy.
They don't give a trophy for finishing fourth Marcus
You only get a trophy if you win a league
Also just in case you haven't noticed we are 6th and not 4th and haven't been in the top 4 all season

It's just people preferring to win a two bob cup than be in a mythical 4th that we were never going to be
Quite pathetic really
Might as well say you would rather have won the EFL cup than finish second
Really???
The EFL cup is for the top clubs reserve teams and therefore gives a chance to run of the mill mid tables teams like us
2nd is a place in the league i've heard about but won't see again in the forseable future due to us being 6 games off it
Top is something 9 games in the distance
Thank goodness it is only a 38 game season

Never mind next year will be a great year :laugh: :laugh:

User avatar
marcus leong
Referee
Referee
Posts: 6021
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:31 am

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Pre/post match thread vs Spurs

Tue May 16, 2017 2:39 am

redmaria wrote:
marcus leong wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 12:45 pm
Sandies wrote:I agree with you regarding he fact De Gea should play in Stockholm but I can see where Jose is coming from playing Romero. Its not a case of treating de gea like shit or dropping him for big games but just a reward to Romero

De Gea has played every league game this year, he hasnt been dropped once. Romero played the mickey mouse games but Jose is remaining fair to him letting him play in the final seeing as he got us there

I personally believe de gea deserves the final for being the one constant world classplayer during our years of being shite but I can see where Jose is coming from. Dont forget how quickly De Gea tried to fornicate off and how hed do it again if he could


Anyway Ill forgive this season if Jose can win the Europa. We are much better placed going into next season than we were at the end of Van Gaals and Moyes season. If he loses he'll look like a right dickhead but if we win it ill accept for now making the CL after winning 2 trophies. Id rather qualify for the CL coming 5th/6th and winning a European trophy than having the season Arsenal Liverpool City and even Spurs had
Definitely Europa cup is better than fourth place trophy.
They don't give a trophy for finishing fourth Marcus
You only get a trophy if you win a league
Also just in case you haven't noticed we are 6th and not 4th and haven't been in the top 4 all season

It's just people preferring to win a two bob cup than be in a mythical 4th that we were never going to be
Quite pathetic really
Might as well say you would rather have won the EFL cup than finish second
Really???
The EFL cup is for the top clubs reserve teams and therefore gives a chance to run of the mill mid tables teams like us
2nd is a place in the league i've heard about but won't see again in the forseable future due to us being 6 games off it
Top is something 9 games in the distance
Thank goodness it is only a 38 game season

Never mind next year will be a great year
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6100
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:15 am

Re: RE: Re: Pre/post match thread vs Spurs

Tue May 16, 2017 2:43 am

redmaria wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 10:50 pm


They don't give a trophy for finishing fourth Marcus
You only get a trophy if you win a league
Also just in case you haven't noticed we are 6th and not 4th and haven't been in the top 4 all season

It's just people preferring to win a two bob cup than be in a mythical 4th that we were never going to be
Quite pathetic really
Might as well say you would rather have won the EFL cup than finish second
Really???
The EFL cup is for the top clubs reserve teams and therefore gives a chance to run of the mill mid tables teams like us
2nd is a place in the league i've heard about but won't see again in the forseable future due to us being 6 games off it
Top is something 9 games in the distance
Thank goodness it is only a 38 game season

Never mind next year will be a great year :laugh: :laugh:

Think youre missing the point here. No one is talking about rather winning the EFL cup than finishing top 4
were talking about winning the europa league to qualify for the CL.
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

dbecks07
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1770
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:09 pm

Re: Pre/post match thread vs Spurs

Tue May 16, 2017 8:50 am

Sandies wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 2:59 pm
dbecks07 wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 1:06 pm
I'm sorry, I dont see how DDG should play in the final and how that constitutes him being treated like a dog

It seems that its ok to treat Romero like a dog as DDG is a better player - is that how it works?
No theyre professionals, doing their job. De Gea is #1, Romero knows that

In the biggest game of the year, you play the best player. Its a professional football club, not a under 8 school side
joze ruis wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 3:01 pm
agreed. you have the most important game of the season and you leave your only wolrd class palyer on the bench WTF :yawn:
I see your points and they are good points and make sense..

But in every professional setup, we still deal with human beings and its a tough one to call. Should DDG not be the professional as Romero was the one who took us to the final and surely feels he can complete the job?

Just saying its tough one

User avatar
redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 618
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:24 am

Re: Pre/post match thread vs Spurs

Tue May 16, 2017 10:37 am

dbecks07 wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 8:50 am
Sandies wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 2:59 pm
dbecks07 wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 1:06 pm
I'm sorry, I dont see how DDG should play in the final and how that constitutes him being treated like a dog

It seems that its ok to treat Romero like a dog as DDG is a better player - is that how it works?
No theyre professionals, doing their job. De Gea is #1, Romero knows that

In the biggest game of the year, you play the best player. Its a professional football club, not a under 8 school side
joze ruis wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 3:01 pm
agreed. you have the most important game of the season and you leave your only wolrd class palyer on the bench WTF :yawn:
I see your points and they are good points and make sense..

But in every professional setup, we still deal with human beings and its a tough one to call. Should DDG not be the professional as Romero was the one who took us to the final and surely feels he can complete the job?

Just saying its tough one

But is it tough really

Let's say that in the League cup United had decided to give 4 or 5 youngsters a go
Let's face it most top English clubs don't give a shit about the league cup just as most top European clubs would see it as humilitaion to be in or get excited about the UEFA cup
So let's say they played Varella,Borthwick-Jackson,McTomnay,Tuanzabe,and Sam Johnstone and these lads get past say Blackpool and Derby and Portsmouth because they have had good luck in the draw but draw City in the semi final
Would you like to play the above 5 or would you play your best players because you don't want a dicking or would you say we should be fair and professional and play the kids

Is that a tough one as well?

dbecks07
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1770
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:09 pm

Re: Pre/post match thread vs Spurs

Tue May 16, 2017 11:07 am

redmaria wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 10:37 am
dbecks07 wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 8:50 am
Sandies wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 2:59 pm


No theyre professionals, doing their job. De Gea is #1, Romero knows that

In the biggest game of the year, you play the best player. Its a professional football club, not a under 8 school side
joze ruis wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 3:01 pm
agreed. you have the most important game of the season and you leave your only wolrd class palyer on the bench WTF :yawn:
I see your points and they are good points and make sense..

But in every professional setup, we still deal with human beings and its a tough one to call. Should DDG not be the professional as Romero was the one who took us to the final and surely feels he can complete the job?

Just saying its tough one

But is it tough really

Let's say that in the League cup United had decided to give 4 or 5 youngsters a go
Let's face it most top English clubs don't give a shit about the league cup just as most top European clubs would see it as humilitaion to be in or get excited about the UEFA cup
So let's say they played Varella,Borthwick-Jackson,McTomnay,Tuanzabe,and Sam Johnstone and these lads get past say Blackpool and Derby and Portsmouth because they have had good luck in the draw but draw City in the semi final
Would you like to play the above 5 or would you play your best players because you don't want a dicking or would you say we should be fair and professional and play the kids

Is that a tough one as well?
The Youngsters got us there, but I see your point as well...hence still a tough one

Do we motivate the Kids by saying.."You job is to get us to the final, depending o who we play will decide if you actually lay the final...You may just not be good enough to beat City so we giving it to the big boys..but thank you for all the effort in getting us here, Your medals should be enough"

User avatar
redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 618
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:24 am

Re: Pre/post match thread vs Spurs

Tue May 16, 2017 3:37 pm

and that is why it is a professional game

You do what you have to do as a manger to win
If a few kids learn a bit then they will learn a bit more about the game if they are moved sideways for a big one
They will learn the quicker they make the grade the harder it will be to leave them out

First choice is first choice and that is the end of it no matter what position you are talking about
The importance of the game,the injury list,the fixtures all have to be taken into account but this is the last game of the season so only the importance counts
That is unless DDG is indeed being cashed in by the money sucking owners in which case you need the reserve keeper on your side because you are about to ask him to do a number one job on the cheap
Now that wouldn't happen at this club would it?

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6100
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:15 am

Re: Pre/post match thread vs Spurs

Wed May 17, 2017 4:20 am

The bottom line is, Joses hedged the whole season on using the Europa to make CL. Its the most important game of the season and one of the most important European games the club has had in years. Imagine losing it over not playing a world class goalkeeper because the first guy was able to help you beat the mighty St Ettienne, Anderlecht and Celta
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

User avatar
marcus leong
Referee
Referee
Posts: 6021
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:31 am

Re: RE: Re: Pre/post match thread vs Spurs

Wed May 17, 2017 4:25 am

Sandies wrote:The bottom line is, Joses hedged the whole season on using the Europa to make CL. Its the most important game of the season and one of the most important European games the club has had in years. Imagine losing it over not playing a world class goalkeeper because the first guy was able to help you beat the mighty St Ettienne, Anderlecht and Celta
I'm with you on this. If CL is not at stake I'll play Romero but this game is too important to not play your best players.
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

User avatar
Giants14
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1461
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:43 am

Re: Pre/post match thread vs Spurs

Wed May 17, 2017 7:39 am

Its not like we are playing Johnston or Periera in the final - Romero is a decent competent keeper - he's played in a world cup final for crying out loud. If there were any issues from him in the earlier rounds I would be play De Gea but he's been solid in this competition and deserves his place in the final
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

User avatar
redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 618
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:24 am

Re: Pre/post match thread vs Spurs

Wed May 17, 2017 7:50 am

Giants14 wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 7:39 am
Its not like we are playing Johnston or Periera in the final - Romero is a decent competent keeper - he's played in a world cup final for crying out loud. If there were any issues from him in the earlier rounds I would be play De Gea but he's been solid in this competition and deserves his place in the final
All opinions are accepted i believe
Let's hope Rometo doesn't screw up then

dbecks07
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1770
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:09 pm

Re: Pre/post match thread vs Spurs

Wed May 17, 2017 9:30 am

redmaria wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 7:50 am
Giants14 wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 7:39 am
Its not like we are playing Johnston or Periera in the final - Romero is a decent competent keeper - he's played in a world cup final for crying out loud. If there were any issues from him in the earlier rounds I would be play De Gea but he's been solid in this competition and deserves his place in the final
All opinions are accepted i believe
Let's hope Rometo doesn't screw up then
:clap:

User avatar
Giants14
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1461
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:43 am

Re: Pre/post match thread vs Spurs

Wed May 17, 2017 9:59 am

Lets hope not or you'll be first in line to say ' I told you so' :roll:

I believe we have bigger issues with our final line up than Romero
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

User avatar
Colin Francis
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 933
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:36 pm
Call Me: Colin

Re: Pre/post match thread vs Spurs

Wed May 17, 2017 10:46 am

redmaria wrote:
Sun May 14, 2017 9:17 pm
What a lovely day out at the Lane
Another game to show how far away we are


The moody one walks out on a press conference when they asked him in a round about way why we are still shit and what our plans are
I suppose that's mind games

Bailly is a thug
A red and a yellow in the last 2 games
Well Fellaini doesn't get that many and isn't out for the final so Bailly must be a thug
Wow, that's a round about.
...and the Truth shall make you free.....

User avatar
ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 5626
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 1:12 pm
Call Me: Barry

Re: Pre/post match thread vs Spurs

Wed May 17, 2017 3:32 pm

redmaria wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 7:50 am
Giants14 wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 7:39 am
Its not like we are playing Johnston or Periera in the final - Romero is a decent competent keeper - he's played in a world cup final for crying out loud. If there were any issues from him in the earlier rounds I would be play De Gea but he's been solid in this competition and deserves his place in the final
All opinions are accepted i believe
Let's hope Rometo doesn't screw up then
While I agree that Romeo t is a "decent competent keeper" I would point out tha DeGea is a "world class" keeper and that should be the only consideration. I just hope the game doesn't hinge on a goal that only DeGea could have saved.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

User avatar
redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 618
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:24 am

Re: Pre/post match thread vs Spurs

Wed May 17, 2017 5:22 pm

ArizonaRed wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 3:32 pm
redmaria wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 7:50 am
Giants14 wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 7:39 am
Its not like we are playing Johnston or Periera in the final - Romero is a decent competent keeper - he's played in a world cup final for crying out loud. If there were any issues from him in the earlier rounds I would be play De Gea but he's been solid in this competition and deserves his place in the final
All opinions are accepted i believe
Let's hope Rometo doesn't screw up then
While I agree that Romeo t is a "decent competent keeper" I would point out tha DeGea is a "world class" keeper and that should be the only consideration. I just hope the game doesn't hinge on a goal that only DeGea could have saved.

Totally agree :clap: :clap:

However will it be you or me first in the queue to tell the truth which seems to repulse Giants under "i told you so"
What other bigger issues do you believe we have and more importantly who has caused these issues and most importantly what is going to be done to resolve them

You are not allowed to say next year will be a great year either no matter what happens
Most of the fans are heartily fed up of that shit line

User avatar
ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 5626
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 1:12 pm
Call Me: Barry

Re: Pre/post match thread vs Spurs

Wed May 17, 2017 5:33 pm

These are just opinions, some turn out right other wrong, only time and perspective determines which. When my opinion was wrong (Moyes needs time) I try and learn from it, when i am opinion was right I try and not dance to wildly.

As far as next next being great; I am the eternal fan and every next season will always be a great season. It's an area where I always vote with my heart not no head.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

User avatar
Giants14
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1461
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:43 am

Re: Pre/post match thread vs Spurs

Thu May 18, 2017 7:50 am

redmaria wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 5:22 pm
ArizonaRed wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 3:32 pm
redmaria wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 7:50 am


All opinions are accepted i believe
Let's hope Rometo doesn't screw up then
While I agree that Romeo t is a "decent competent keeper" I would point out tha DeGea is a "world class" keeper and that should be the only consideration. I just hope the game doesn't hinge on a goal that only DeGea could have saved.

Totally agree :clap: :clap:

However will it be you or me first in the queue to tell the truth which seems to repulse Giants under "i told you so"
What other bigger issues do you believe we have and more importantly who has caused these issues and most importantly what is going to be done to resolve them

You are not allowed to say next year will be a great year either no matter what happens
Most of the fans are heartily fed up of that shit line
Just you mate - ArizonaRed is very knowledgeable and I have time for his posts.

Romero wasn't bad last night mind you :whistle:
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users