Next Match: Image
Brighton & Hove Albion in the Premier League.
Saturday 25th November 2017, KO 15:00 UTC.
marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Re: JOSE- Man Utd material or not.

Fri May 19, 2017 3:50 pm

Relly wrote:
marcus leong wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 10:27 am
Relly wrote:Just let him go, or we will be dealing with this shit until the day he retires. And frankly I am sick of it.
World class players will always attract buyers.
It's just a matter of time with him, it makes so much sense. Keepers don't make or break a team. We can find a decent replacement and not deal with this distraction every season.
Why? It's not like he keep saying he wanted to join them like Ronaldo. In fact he had came out to support Atletico.

I don't see how Real's interest is his fault.

Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

Fri May 19, 2017 6:39 pm

marcus leong wrote:
Relly wrote:
marcus leong wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 10:27 am

World class players will always attract buyers.
It's just a matter of time with him, it makes so much sense. Keepers don't make or break a team. We can find a decent replacement and not deal with this distraction every season.
Why? It's not like he keep saying he wanted to join them like Ronaldo. In fact he had came out to support Atletico.

I didn't say it was. Although he hasn't come out and categorically denied it.
"Make America Great Again!"

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Fri May 19, 2017 7:44 pm

Relly wrote:
marcus leong wrote:
Relly wrote: It's just a matter of time with him, it makes so much sense. Keepers don't make or break a team. We can find a decent replacement and not deal with this distraction every season.

Probably fishing for a new contract.

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri May 19, 2017 8:39 pm

marcus leong wrote:
Relly wrote:
marcus leong wrote:

He's two years into a 4 year contract
He is the best in the world
He should not need to fish for a new contract
He should get an annual 10% increase and put his mind to rest tp concentrate on football

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Fri May 19, 2017 8:47 pm

redmaria wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 8:39 pm
marcus leong wrote:
Relly wrote:
He's two years into a 4 year contract
He is the best in the world
He should not need to fish for a new contract
He should get an annual 10% increase and put his mind to rest tp concentrate on football
Whether they follow the advice of their agent or their own decision, players been doing that forever. Both past captain, Keane and current captain Rooney did it too.

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sat May 20, 2017 8:16 am

I am more and more convinced this manager is losing the plot

Did anybody see his press conference
A couple of questions caught my attention

From the Irish journalist trying to build the atmosphere for the Irish fans,even though they rarely attend any more
"So Jose are you really excited,is the excitement really building up,are you looking forward to Wednsday/"
Jose
"No i am not excited.I am not thinking about the game.I am only thinking about Sunday
I want to do the same as i did against Arsenal,Tottenham and Southampton"(FFS we lost 2 and drew one and didn't score a goal.Indeed barely a shot on target) and he wants to do the same again
"After the game on Sunday i will not think about the game on Wednesday.We will train on Tuesday and i will then get on a plane"

Irish journalist not giving up on behalf of the Irish fans that are left
"So Jose.After all the fixture congestion and all the games you have had to play are you ready and looking forward to the game"
Jose
"Not really.We have played so many games we have been living in hotels for 160 days this season.This is not ideal"
(FFS he lives in a hotel 365 days as he won't commit and buy a house.He talks more contradictory shit that Donald Trump)

Karen-"One last question and not from you"(the Irish journalist)

Journalist
"I have heard that every player has to go to this game"
Jose
"Yes we are all going.Some will be on crutches but we are one big family"
(Jose are you sure?.Ask Smalling and Jones and Shaw and Martial and DDG)
Jounalist
"Even Zlatan?"
Jose
"Yes Zlatan will be with us.He should get a medal"
Must be a few badged up shirts left in the megastore!!!

He is losing the plot
The above is not the United way i am afraid
Especially no party after the game and no street parade to celebrate if we win as United can't afford either.What is this club coming to

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Max

Sat May 20, 2017 10:24 am

redmaria wrote:I am more and more convinced this manager is losing the plot.
This is the thought I feared most from day one of his tenure. Sadly, I'm slowly coming to this conclusion myself. The last month or so his behaviour was way off the (United) mark.
UNITED > ENGLAND

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sat May 20, 2017 5:49 pm

Jose is becoming more irrational by the day

I have now found out that immediately after doing his press interview along with "one last question Karen" he was scheduled to do a personal interview with MUTV as part of the UEFA final build up

They had a whole crew of cameramen,sound engineers and interviewers who had spent a long time setting up for a prearranged interview

He had just spent half an hour talking about harmony,togetherness and companionship in the club
After a fairly soft press interview when nobody asked him anything hard except for one Irish interviewer who tried in vain to get him to show excitement for next Wednesday he stormed past the MUTV crew and without giving a reason refused to do an interview with them now or before the big game

They are not sure if he is rude,obnoxious,a pain in the arse or a total wanker
Either way i am sure one of you will find a way to convince themselves he is somehow playing a mind game to upset Ajax
The general feeling is that he might be wishing he wasn't at this club and it was also pointed out that in his contract there is a break clause that United can get rid if he is not in the Champions league
Either way next season is going to be critical for both results and style

But oh yes.
Next season is going to be a great season isn't it :laugh: :laugh:

Not like the last 4 :think: :think:

joze ruis
International Player
International Player

Thu May 25, 2017 12:13 pm

interesting article :

Jose Mourinhohas challenged the “fragile” members of Manchester United’s squad to develop a winner’s mentality after admitting they risk losing his trust amid his persistent struggles to understand players who do not share his own fierce will to win.

The United manager said his biggest failing revolved around his difficulties working with players who have “a different mentality to what I have” and that he has to lean on his assistants to try to coax the best out of such players.

Mourinho cited Marcus Rashford as having the sort of mentality he relishes working with, but in pointed reference to the likes of Anthony Martial, Luke Shaw and Chris Smalling, whom he battled with throughout the campaign, the Portuguese conceded that certain players can lose their appeal to him.

Speaking to Rio Ferdinand in a revealing BT Sport documentary, Old Trafford Uncovered – with Jose Mourinho, that was filmed before United’s Europa League final win over Ajax, Mourinho said: “For me what’s more difficult [as a manager] is the fragile mentality.

“I think it’s probably my weakness as a manager, that it’s difficult for me to understand people with a different mentality to what I have. It’s difficult to understand so it takes me time to understand and sometimes I’m not able to feel attracted again [to the player].

“Sometimes I ask my assistants to help me on that because maybe they have a different profile to me. Because for me I want to be in love with the player with this character, with this personality and that kid Marcus is the best example of it, especially in this club.”

Mourinho’s remarks are likely to increase the pressure on Shaw and Smalling, both of whom face uncertain futures at Old Trafford, as well as Martial and even Henrikh Mkhitaryan ahead of next season.

Mourinho has made several references this season to the need for Martial and Mkhitaryan to toughen up mentally and deliver more consistently on their talents and used England striker Rashford, still only 19, as an example of the attitude and mentality he is looking for.
United’s Europa League success guaranteed qualification for next season’s Champions League and earned the club a third trophy after the League Cup and Community Shield but Mourinho believes players must raise their game next term.

“As players, you have to have that responsibility every day and it’s something my boys have to learn,” Mourinho said. “Some of them they can win a big match. What I think they can’t do is win it and win it and win it and cope with that intensity, especially that mental intensity, the focus, the concentration, the responsibility, the determination. This is something you only learn when you are at the highest level.

“I try to do it [teach and transfer it] in relation to the personality of the players. For example, what I love about this kid Marcus is he copes with the pressure. I can press him, I can be very demanding with him, he’s the kind of kid that when the training session finishes it doesn’t finish for him. He wants more. He lives for football.

“He was, of course, a tornado, when he arrived last season without pressure. No responsibility. And this season when the pressure was on him, when he was not scoring goals for one, two, three, four months, he coped with that pressure. This is the kind of character I like. I like to squeeze the player and the player to cope with it and react to it.”

Mourinho said he wanted his players to grasp the scale of United’s history but not feel overburdened by it. “I think it’s very, very important but at the same time they shouldn’t be over pressurised by that,” he said.

“That’s why I asked at the training ground, which is full of [pictures of] the previous history, to do a wall with the last FA Cup and last League Cup on it. And people can say this is not the Champions League, this is not Premier League. but this is their cup. They are the two cups they won.

“So of course it’s an amazing history and they have to feel proud with the same shirt of these people. The No. 11 has to know that shirt was Ryan Giggs’ shirt and the No. 7 must know that was Best and Beckham and Cristiano’s shirt, they have to know this and be proud of it but they cannot be over pressurised by it. There is not another Giggs, there is not another Scholes, there is not another Rio, there is not another Best. They have to be what they are and they have to cope with it. It’s part of my job that I have to be responsible for.”

Mourinho also admitted it can be harder motivating young players now who earn riches almost instantly.

“In the past you could think about being at the club for the rest of your life,” Mourinho said. “You became rich at the end of your career. Now they become rich at the beginning of their careers. Yes [that makes the job harder]. You need to be lucky with the players, you need to be lucky with their parents, with the people around them. Maybe it’s harder to motivate them and harder to make them focused on what they have to do. If they’re not the right mentality they can lose a bit of appetite ,if they have the right mentality and are rich even better but if you don’t have the mentality it makes it hard.”

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Thu May 25, 2017 5:18 pm

joze ruis wrote:
Thu May 25, 2017 12:13 pm
interesting article :

Jose Mourinhohas challenged the “fragile” members of Manchester United’s squad to develop a winner’s mentality after admitting they risk losing his trust amid his persistent struggles to understand players who do not share his own fierce will to win.

The United manager said his biggest failing revolved around his difficulties working with players who have “a different mentality to what I have” and that he has to lean on his assistants to try to coax the best out of such players.

Mourinho cited Marcus Rashford as having the sort of mentality he relishes working with, but in pointed reference to the likes of Anthony Martial, Luke Shaw and Chris Smalling, whom he battled with throughout the campaign, the Portuguese conceded that certain players can lose their appeal to him.

Speaking to Rio Ferdinand in a revealing BT Sport documentary, Old Trafford Uncovered – with Jose Mourinho, that was filmed before United’s Europa League final win over Ajax, Mourinho said: “For me what’s more difficult [as a manager] is the fragile mentality.

“I think it’s probably my weakness as a manager, that it’s difficult for me to understand people with a different mentality to what I have. It’s difficult to understand so it takes me time to understand and sometimes I’m not able to feel attracted again [to the player].

“Sometimes I ask my assistants to help me on that because maybe they have a different profile to me. Because for me I want to be in love with the player with this character, with this personality and that kid Marcus is the best example of it, especially in this club.”

Mourinho’s remarks are likely to increase the pressure on Shaw and Smalling, both of whom face uncertain futures at Old Trafford, as well as Martial and even Henrikh Mkhitaryan ahead of next season.

Mourinho has made several references this season to the need for Martial and Mkhitaryan to toughen up mentally and deliver more consistently on their talents and used England striker Rashford, still only 19, as an example of the attitude and mentality he is looking for.
United’s Europa League success guaranteed qualification for next season’s Champions League and earned the club a third trophy after the League Cup and Community Shield but Mourinho believes players must raise their game next term.

“As players, you have to have that responsibility every day and it’s something my boys have to learn,” Mourinho said. “Some of them they can win a big match. What I think they can’t do is win it and win it and win it and cope with that intensity, especially that mental intensity, the focus, the concentration, the responsibility, the determination. This is something you only learn when you are at the highest level.

“I try to do it [teach and transfer it] in relation to the personality of the players. For example, what I love about this kid Marcus is he copes with the pressure. I can press him, I can be very demanding with him, he’s the kind of kid that when the training session finishes it doesn’t finish for him. He wants more. He lives for football.

“He was, of course, a tornado, when he arrived last season without pressure. No responsibility. And this season when the pressure was on him, when he was not scoring goals for one, two, three, four months, he coped with that pressure. This is the kind of character I like. I like to squeeze the player and the player to cope with it and react to it.”

Mourinho said he wanted his players to grasp the scale of United’s history but not feel overburdened by it. “I think it’s very, very important but at the same time they shouldn’t be over pressurised by that,” he said.

“That’s why I asked at the training ground, which is full of [pictures of] the previous history, to do a wall with the last FA Cup and last League Cup on it. And people can say this is not the Champions League, this is not Premier League. but this is their cup. They are the two cups they won.

“So of course it’s an amazing history and they have to feel proud with the same shirt of these people. The No. 11 has to know that shirt was Ryan Giggs’ shirt and the No. 7 must know that was Best and Beckham and Cristiano’s shirt, they have to know this and be proud of it but they cannot be over pressurised by it. There is not another Giggs, there is not another Scholes, there is not another Rio, there is not another Best. They have to be what they are and they have to cope with it. It’s part of my job that I have to be responsible for.”

Mourinho also admitted it can be harder motivating young players now who earn riches almost instantly.

“In the past you could think about being at the club for the rest of your life,” Mourinho said. “You became rich at the end of your career. Now they become rich at the beginning of their careers. Yes [that makes the job harder]. You need to be lucky with the players, you need to be lucky with their parents, with the people around them. Maybe it’s harder to motivate them and harder to make them focused on what they have to do. If they’re not the right mentality they can lose a bit of appetite ,if they have the right mentality and are rich even better but if you don’t have the mentality it makes it hard.”
(Y)

Colin Francis
First Team Player
First Team Player
Call Me: Colin

Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:26 am

And if he continues this non-Utd type of football then he should leave! First season and perhaps not his squad but hopefully second season will see our style back again.
...and the Truth shall make you free.....

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:25 am

Colin Francis wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:26 am
And if he continues this non-Utd type of football then he should leave! First season and perhaps not his squad but hopefully second season will see our style back again.
(Y)

JonSnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:50 am

All we can do is trust him and our squad! (Y)

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:08 pm

JonSnow wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:50 am
All we can do is trust him and our squad! (Y)
I trust him with our squad.Well sort of.

It is the squad,that is chosen by Jose but negotiated by Scouse Ed where the worry is for me and a high percentage of fans

The silence continues to be deafening whilst others are starting to move
I know City are moving quickly because they have too

Strong rumours are that they will get a sanctions of signing on players in the very near future which is why they are dealing now

However if Liverpool start signing quality players and/or Chelsea then it will probably be as in previous years
Penny upping a transfer fee on some shirt seller

Never mind i am a pessimist with this shower of thieves
I know some of you are getting excited about incoming transfers and Champions league football

Next season will be a great season (Y)

Harley Ben
Trainee
Trainee

Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:17 am

Dude who are you comparing Mourinho to? Alex Ferguson era is long gone. He won't come out to win PL titles for the fans anymore. We have to trust our manager. David Moyes was not a worthy successor of Ferguson. LVG had tiring and stale training methods. But under LVG, we were performing well in bigger matches. Mourinho is a tactical genius and has been the only Manager who gave tough time to Ferguson when he was at Chelsea. We should have faith in him. It is because of him, we got Ibra, Pogba and Mikhi. We will continously improve. He needs time and he needs players at his will.

Playing attractive is important but winning has to be our top priority. I like the question above about playing attractive and not winning?

Harley Ben
Trainee
Trainee

Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:19 am

We shall introduce fast pace game in the coming season. You see, Ibra is offloaded, we are probably getting Morata who is a bit pacy.

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:03 pm

esobeso
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: David

Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:22 pm

dbecks07 wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:03 pm
Great read : https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/ ... erpunching
+1 Thanks

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:33 pm

I have always felt that Mourinho was the most prepared manager in football. He not only knows what his players are capable of, but what the opposition players can do and what his side needs to do to neutralize the opposition. Very rarely does he get caught in the trap of asking his players to do something they are not capable of doing, he adjusts his game-plan to take full advantage of the skill sets of his squad and his game changing substitution are second to no-one.

When he joined United I had some trepidation about his off the field antics but since joining he has been a model manager as far as I am concerned.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:07 am

ArizonaRed wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:33 pm
I have always felt that Mourinho was the most prepared manager in football. He not only knows what his players are capable of, but what the opposition players can do and what his side needs to do to neutralize the opposition. Very rarely does he get caught in the trap of asking his players to do something they are not capable of doing, he adjusts his game-plan to take full advantage of the skill sets of his squad and his game changing substitution are second to no-one.

When he joined United I had some trepidation about his off the field antics but since joining he has been a model manager as far as I am concerned.
This. He seems to calm a lot, which I appreciate.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:41 pm

I wonder if it's because this is the job he's always wanted.

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”