Next Match: Image
Huddersfield in the Premier League.
Saturday 21st October 2017, KO 15:00 BST.

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Call Me: Ste

Re: Victor Lindelof

Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:20 pm

My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Re: Agreement reached for Lindelof

Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:23 pm

Don't actually​ know how good he is, but if he's anything like Bailley, I'll take that!
There is only one GOLDEN BOY

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:23 am

Glorio wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:23 pm
Don't actually​ know how good he is, but if he's anything like Bailley, I'll take that!

Same here. Great to get a center back, midfield next!
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:36 am

Dante
Referee
Referee

Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:46 am

Top signing, world class player, a great asset to the club.

No, I've never heard of him either. Here are his FM stats though:

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:22 am

Dante wrote:

LOL. Just realised he is just 22 years old.Hopefully it is the start of decade long successful partnership with Bailley.

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:06 pm

Dante wrote:

I think this post sums him up perfectly

I have never heard of him and as such i have never seen him play
However he is a top signing and a world class player.

Please explain your logic and how you got to your conclusions

This is perhaps what you might have said which is what i will say.
I have never heard of him but i am prepared to back the managers judgement especially in the light of the very average we currently have in Smalling and Jones
I hope he can form a partnership with Bailly of the type we were used to in Rio and Vidic and Bruce and Pallister for many years to come

I have just checked up and two years ago he was not known to anybody
His rapid progress has taken him up a level
Not enough for any top team who wants the finished article to show an interest but enough progress to give him a real chance in a position that there genuinely seems to be a world shortage in

If i was being cynical i would say that as he is Swedish he is a tool to hold on to the strong United Swedish fans that have been attracted to Old Trafford for Zlatans career at this club
I could also say that he is young enough and cheap enough to show a healthy profit if he continued to progress and United would sell him for the right bid.
we all know that wouldn't happen
Well we do don't we

I am a tiny bit concerned that having been announced last week it now transpires we have not actually got him
He needs a medical which should be a formality and he needs to agree personal terms and a contract that presumably says United own every decision in his life for the next 10 years
Also he is not guaranteed a work permit which every top player would get automatically

So still a few things can go wrong
However as only 5 people on this forum have even acknowledged anything i guess nobody is too excited at this top world class signing

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:45 pm

Learn to spot a joke.ffs

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:38 am

marcus leong wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:45 pm
Learn to spot a joke.ffs
And here you are being declared as inoffensive on another thread (Y)

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:35 pm

He has arrived at Carrington for his medical

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... carrington

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:46 pm

dbecks07 wrote:

Almost with us and only dragged on two weeks

We will soon get the "proud to announce" "exciting young player" bullshit

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Call Me: Ste

Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:27 pm

Good to see this deal done- signed sealed delivered

..even if Dan was tempting fate by being about 48 hours premature with the announcment on here :P
My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

Otis
Reserve
Reserve

Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:49 pm

The iceman has arrived. (Y)
If you walk with Jesus,He's gonna save your soul.You gotta keep the Devil way down in the hole.
Wayne Rooney....Manchester United Legend.
Come back Ray,the board needs you.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:51 pm

Otis wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:49 pm
The iceman has arrived. (Y)
Nice nickname! Welcome Lindelof

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:51 am

redmaria wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:46 pm
dbecks07 wrote:

Almost with us and only dragged on two weeks

We will soon get the "proud to announce" "exciting young player" bullshit
Swedish International - kept France quiet when they played!

joze ruis
International Player
International Player

Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:03 pm

I'm glad we signed a CB because we do need one. i'm not sure he's the right one since i havent seen him play.....

hopefully this is the end of Smalling

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:10 pm

joze ruis wrote:
I'm glad we signed a CB because we do need one. i'm not sure he's the right one since i havent seen him play.....

Maybe its my imagination but there don't appear to be many really good central defenders around lately.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:30 am

ArizonaRed wrote:
joze ruis wrote:

Maybe its my imagination but there don't appear to be many really good central defenders around lately.
I agree with you

There are very few around and as such this is potentially a good signing
I say potentially because nobody knows much about this lad
We are trusting Jose's judgement which i am happy to do

This is not a critical signing but certainly a badly needed one
The critical signings are for me left back and winger and centre forward as they will all determine the style of play we offer next season

I hope to god it's not a knackered old hero of 10 years ago to keep Wazza which is ominously quiet isn't it

JonSnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:14 pm

I'm liking how we're signing up and coming players. Can really give us a glimpse of what's to come.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:33 pm

redmaria wrote:
ArizonaRed wrote:
joze ruis wrote:

I agree with you

The critical signings are for me left back and winger and centre forward as they will all determine the style of play we offer next season

I hope to god it's not a knackered old hero of 10 years ago to keep Wazza which is ominously quiet isn't it
Do you think Shaw is out? Or do you just not rate him? I agree we need a leftback.
"Make America Great Again!"

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:56 pm

Shaw was doing very well until he broke his leg

He has just shown nothing since his return
He looks overweight,relatively unfit and generally gives the impression he is not interested
He has also had a relatively large number of injuries since his return
That could be just bad luck or understandably not having the courage to get stuck in or injury caused by compensating for protecting his weak leg
Whichever way you look at it he has shown nothing and it would be a massive leap of faith to just carry on as though there is no issue and hope he comes good
At any other club he would be out on loan to see what happens but these greedy sods will do whatever they need to do to save money

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:17 pm

redmaria wrote:
ArizonaRed wrote:
joze ruis wrote:

I agree with you

While I truly believe that there is no better football than; fast, attacking, one touch, all guns blazing football and a just go for it attitude, I am old school enough to believe that; offense excites the crowd but its defense that win’s titles. Hence my concern with bringing in only a single central defender, especially if that mean that Jones, Smalling or both are shown the door. While I am not endorsing keeping either of them we do need extra bodies to cover because I cannot remember the last time we went through an entire season without a crisis of one type of another along the back line. If Lindelof turns into the starter that we all hope he will be; and Bailly continues the form he showed last season then we will have a very decent pairing. For me; it’s this pairing that goes a long wat to determining the type of football that we can play. Having confidence in the CB pairing allows the midfielders more leeway in where and how they can play knowing that if an attacker does get by them the back line can be counted on to handle the situation. However, going into the season with Blind and Rojo (with Rojo coming off an injury) as our primary backups at CB doesn’t leave me with a warm comfortable feeling. So unless we can get an experienced backup we will have to think about keeping either Jones or Smalling just for the numbers.

Both left and right back could become an issue and I believe need to be addressed. Valencia had a great season last year and has locked the right back position up as his own, however if we get to playing close to 60+ I think he is going to need to be rested and backups at right back are limited to say the least. A decision also needs to be made at left back, will Shaw be able to put in the effort required to fulfil his potential? Are we satisfied with Darmian being “acceptable” on defense while providing next to nothing on offence? Are we willing to be lopsided on offense to compensate for having to concentrate on defense down left side?

These questions (and a bunch of others) need to be resolved before the season starts.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:25 am

ArizonaRed wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:17 pm
redmaria wrote:
ArizonaRed wrote:

I agree with you

While I truly believe that there is no better football than; fast, attacking, one touch, all guns blazing football and a just go for it attitude, I am old school enough to believe that; offense excites the crowd but its defense that win’s titles. Hence my concern with bringing in only a single central defender, especially if that mean that Jones, Smalling or both are shown the door. While I am not endorsing keeping either of them we do need extra bodies to cover because I cannot remember the last time we went through an entire season without a crisis of one type of another along the back line. If Lindelof turns into the starter that we all hope he will be; and Bailly continues the form he showed last season then we will have a very decent pairing. For me; it’s this pairing that goes a long wat to determining the type of football that we can play. Having confidence in the CB pairing allows the midfielders more leeway in where and how they can play knowing that if an attacker does get by them the back line can be counted on to handle the situation. However, going into the season with Blind and Rojo (with Rojo coming off an injury) as our primary backups at CB doesn’t leave me with a warm comfortable feeling. So unless we can get an experienced backup we will have to think about keeping either Jones or Smalling just for the numbers.

Both left and right back could become an issue and I believe need to be addressed. Valencia had a great season last year and has locked the right back position up as his own, however if we get to playing close to 60+ I think he is going to need to be rested and backups at right back are limited to say the least. A decision also needs to be made at left back, will Shaw be able to put in the effort required to fulfil his potential? Are we satisfied with Darmian being “acceptable” on defense while providing next to nothing on offence? Are we willing to be lopsided on offense to compensate for having to concentrate on defense down left side?

These questions (and a bunch of others) need to be resolved before the season starts.
While important I think full backs are the least problem the team have. Midfield and forwards are more critical.

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:27 am

the bottom line is that this team has massive problems caused by years of under investment in team building players like Rashford and DDG and years of over investment in commercial building players like Falcao,Schweinsteiger and Zlatan
As a result you have players short in all the positions that you are discussing
They range from left back,through the midfield to replacement for Carrick,Wazza,Scneiderlin and Schweinsteiger

We have never replaced Ronaldo and we have never attempted to replace Depay

We need a goalscorer or two(don't forget we had 4 Yorke,Cole,Sheringham and Ole when we were at our best)

So to prioritise a position is just letting the owners off the hook and burying your head in the sand

Of course we are never going to get the probably 8 players we need but to try to get say 4 and just declare will not move us to the top
By the next transfer window we will need a replacement for Carrick,Wazza(if he's still about),Shaw(who will be out of contract),Young(if he's still around)

I personally am just waiting to see who is on the plane to America
There is nothing else i can do
But i am not banging my todget waiting for just 2 "proud to announce players" which i seriously believe is all we can get and then only the players who have top names but may not quite be what they appear to be but do pass the commercial test

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”