Next Match: Image
Newcastle in the Premier League.
Saturday 18th November 2017, KO 17:30 UTC.
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

The Rooney Problem (solved by Koeman)

Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:54 pm

It's starting to look more and more like Rooney is staying. Rumors are he was offered 10 mil to walk away but will stick around for the full 30 mil he will make over the next two years. That's right, still two more years left.

IMO, and I doubt there would be much opposition to this, he is done and dusted as a player, at this level for sure, IMO completely. He looked out of place in Carrick's testimonial against 40+ year old defenders.

So what do we do with him? I just read he is due to go on the preseason trip to the US. I believe last season Mourinho handled the situation as brilliantly as possible. He kept him as captain, spoke very highly of him and phased him out of the team at the right time, but gave him some appearances in other competitions to keep him part of the team. I think it was very respectful, more then he deserved IMO, it set Rooney up for gracefully moving on from the team this summer in search of more playing time.

Now Rooney is playing hardball, exposing that he has only ever been about the paycheck. If you have seen pictures of him on holiday he looks like a fat, 45 year old plumber, not one of the highest paid footballers in the world, at the back end of prime age, ready for the new season. I think it's a disgrace the way he has taken care of himself since his last contract, he is not holding up his end of the deal and as such the nicities should end. I would strip him of his captaincy, his number and send him to the reserves.

"Make America Great Again!"

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Call Me: Ste

Re: The Rooney Problem

Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:26 pm

Not a lot I can add to that tbf
My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:43 am

The problems are so much deeper than this scratch on the surface
Wazza is obviously finished but as a footballer only and not as part of the commercial brand
As such he is an asset to the club, as football is not important to this club, and hasn't been important to this club since the Glazers stole it

He may have been offered £10m to walk away but i seriously doubt he was
Why would Ed want to get rid of him?
The happy clappy's still love him and fill the United coffers full on a daily basis
I was at Old Trafford yesterday and it was full of Chinese(and i mean full to bursting) in the megastore
They weren't buying Lingaard or Mata shirts either
I seriously believe that Ed wants Wazza to stay until or if they ever replace him with another,more profitable shirt seller
Don't forget Zlatan the great shirt seller is no more so other than Wazza that currently just leaves Pogba

Before you all slaughter Wazza ask yourself is he any more of a liability than Darmian or Shaw or Jones or Smalling
Forget the wages as Wazza brings a financial profit in and the others don't

Ben have you forgotten Fellaini
All the rest of you have you forgotten the uncertainty surrounding Martial and DDG that is still unresolved

The problem for me is not Wazza but Scouse Ed and his masters
I am of the opinion thet Jose also sees it that way as well
I am told he is in a vicious mood and totally pissed off with Ed
However that will cut no ice with Ed at all
I would think that Scouse Ed sees Jose as a further 2 seasons then off whilst he sees the thieving of this club going on for a lot lot longer than that

Wake up and smell the coffee

Dante
Referee
Referee

Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:02 pm

What do we do? Just don't play him if Jose doesn't feel he offers value to the team. It's not like we've not had captains who barely played at the end before - Gary Nev and Bryan Robson come to mind. Rooney is club captain, make someone else team captain.

Rooney can play all the League Cup games with the kids and bit part players. Then just wherever Jose feels he's worthwhile after that. If this means he only plays 15 games, so be it.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:14 pm

Dante wrote:
What do we do? Just don't play him if Jose doesn't feel he offers value to the team. It's not like we've not had captains who barely played at the end before - Gary Nev and Bryan Robson come to mind. Rooney is club captain, make someone else team captain.

Rooney can play all the League Cup games with the kids and bit part players. Then just wherever Jose feels he's worthwhile after that. If this means he only plays 15 games, so be it.
So you have no issues with the player, being willing to sit back and collect one of the biggest paychecks in the game for nothing for two years.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:20 pm

redmaria wrote:
Wazza is obviously finished but as a footballer only and not as part of the commercial brand
As such he is an asset to the club, as football is not important to this club, and hasn't been important to this club since the Glazers stole it

The happy clappy's still love him and fill the United coffers full on a daily basis
I was at Old Trafford yesterday and it was full of Chinese(and i mean full to bursting) in the megastore
I seriously believe that Ed wants Wazza to stay until or if they ever replace him with another,more profitable shirt seller
Don't forget Zlatan the great shirt seller is no more so other than Wazza that currently just leaves Pogba

Before you all slaughter Wazza ask yourself is he any more of a liability than Darmian or Shaw or Jones or Smalling

All the rest of you have you forgotten the uncertainty surrounding Martial and DDG that is still unresolved

I would think that Scouse Ed sees Jose as a further 2 seasons then off whilst he sees the thieving of this club going on for a lot lot longer than that

We all know that Asian fans tend to have a different approach to sports than Europeans. I don't mean that in a negative way, I find North Americans have a different approach then Europeans too. Asian fans tend to support the big player over the team, and yes when that player happens to be Asian the support might be greater than the talent deserves, but when the player is non-Asian once the output dries up the support dries up. That's one of the differences I have noticed between Europeans and Asians, the loyalty factor.

I said it in the other thread, and I say it again here. After the last two seasons (four seasons actually, most just didn't acknowledge the first two), other than uninformed people that might buy shirts as a gift I doubt there are too many football fans going out and consciously purchasing the shirt of a clear has been.

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:42 pm

Relly wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:20 pm
redmaria wrote:

We all know that Asian fans tend to have a different approach to sports than Europeans. I don't mean that in a negative way, I find North Americans have a different approach then Europeans too. Asian fans tend to support the big player over the team, and yes when that player happens to be Asian the support might be greater than the talent deserves, but when the player is non-Asian once the output dries up the support dries up. That's one of the differences I have noticed between Europeans and Asians, the loyalty factor.

I said it in the other thread, and I say it again here. After the last two seasons (four seasons actually, most just didn't acknowledge the first two), other than uninformed people that might buy shirts as a gift I doubt there are too many football fans going out and consciously purchasing the shirt of a clear has been.

And that's why United don't push themselves in Canada
You are correct they don't waste money on sport other than ice hockey

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:49 pm

Relly wrote:
Dante wrote:

So you have no issues with the player, being willing to sit back and collect one of the biggest paychecks in the game for nothing for two years.
Not sure of your point here Ben

What would YOU do?
Would you vanish into retirement because somebody 4000 miles away doesn't like you or would YOU say "i have a two year contract worth £30million that Ed gave me and i want paying"
I know what i would do
Let's face it and be honest here
If Jose/United want him out then pay him off and get him out
I am sure Jose sees him as a liability but does Ed?
I am not so sure
Other than Pogba who is selling shirts?
That is the most important part of this club and has been for several years
Why can't people accept this!!

I think there is as much chance as Wazza going as there is as Jose going
I am hearing he is furious and rightly so and with his father passing away last week he is not in a mood for compromise

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:49 pm

redmaria wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:49 pm
Relly wrote:
Dante wrote:

Not sure of your point here Ben

What would YOU do?
Would you vanish into retirement because somebody 4000 miles away doesn't like you or would YOU say "i have a two year contract worth £30million that Ed gave me and i want paying"
I know what i would do
Let's face it and be honest here
If Jose/United want him out then pay him off and get him out
I am sure Jose sees him as a liability but does Ed?
I am not so sure
Other than Pogba who is selling shirts?
That is the most important part of this club and has been for several years
Why can't people accept this!!

I think there is as much chance as Wazza going as there is as Jose going
I am hearing he is furious and rightly so and with his father passing away last week he is not in a mood for compromise
I would have a bit of pride in myself, both as an athlete and as a professional. I would have some respect for the club and fans by holding up my end of the contract and keeping myself in shape.

Rooney has always been about Rooney. A lot of people know that, some figure it out this year, and I would say the majority will realize it by the end of this season. He should either get off the pies and get off the fags and make an attempt to look like he gives a fornicate or accept a smaller wage and go play somewhere else. Otherwise he risks his legacy at United, for the people who still care about it.

And for the record I wouldn't be surprised if Jose left if we don't purchase any good players.

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Call Me: Ste

Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:35 pm

Given Jose's record he's probably at best about half way through his United career anyway...like Ray said, Ed wont be in the least bit bothered if he left..
My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

Otis
Reserve
Reserve

Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:03 pm

RedSte wrote:
Given Jose's record he's probably at best about half way through his United career anyway...like Ray said, Ed wont be in the least bit bothered if he left..
You really think he might just walk away at the end of this coming season. :?
Did you not see his interviews when he said he wanted to build something big here,when he said he wanted to be here for 'many years.'
Was he just making it up?

Did his reaction after the Europa League final when he went crazy at the final whistle strike you as someone who knew he wasn't going to be here for more than another season because that's what happened before.
Also the joy of the players and fans after the game and after the League Cup final suggested to me that they didn't think they had just won a 'having a laugh trophy'.
It suggested to me that they think we could be at the start of something big and I think we are.

All this is entirely dependent on the attitude of Woodward and the crime family he represents.I agree with everything Ray says about them.
We are at their mercy. :x
If you walk with Jesus,He's gonna save your soul.You gotta keep the Devil way down in the hole.
Wayne Rooney....Manchester United Legend.
Come back Ray,the board needs you.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:19 am

Just passing this along.

The Sun is reporting that Rooney is being transferred to Everton. The Metro and Express are regurgitating the story from The Sun.

Ben, Marcus - wipe those smiles off your faces.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:49 am

RedSte wrote:
Ed is a money man. How their mind works is whatever that might affect the club's financial future,he will mind.

If he is as obsessed with china as claimed, he'll know that successes on pich will further boost the club's popularity and finance. Glory hunters were called "glory" for a reason.

You can only depends on your past to a certain extent.Look at liverpool, they have a sizable base but they will never be as popular as United if they don't win anything. Ed should/would know.

Now excuse me, I need to go clean myself. Can't believe im the one defending Ed.
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:37 am

Off to Everton. So no problem

Im staggered by Everton and Koeman, what an awful step back by them
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Max

Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:42 am

Sandies wrote:Off to Everton. So no problem

Im staggered by Everton and Koeman, what an awful step back by them
Shirt selling? :laugh:
UNITED > ENGLAND

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee
Call Me: Daddy

Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:32 am

He's been pulled from the US tour. Looks Everton bound.
100% Top Red

joze ruis
International Player
International Player

Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:57 am

good news for us and even better ones for Ed. He just saved his masters 300k/week..... i hope he enjoys his much deserved holiday in New Zeland

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:00 am

ArizonaRed wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:19 am
Just passing this along.

The Sun is reporting that Rooney is being transferred to Everton. The Metro and Express are regurgitating the story from The Sun.

Ben, Marcus - wipe those smiles off your faces.

I can't. LOL

Dante
Referee
Referee

Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:32 am

Relly wrote:
I'd probably do it to be fair, although part of that would be not wanting to leave United. But the biggest paycheck I'd ever earn, for not doing much? Yeah, why not?

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:50 am

Dante wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:32 am
Relly wrote:
I'd probably do it to be fair, although part of that would be not wanting to leave United. But the biggest paycheck I'd ever earn, for not doing much? Yeah, why not?
For an average joe, sure that is reasonable. Rooney is not. Its not like he will get poor to transfer to another club anyway.

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:28 am

I am told that the deal is done
Wazza is going to Everton for one season on loan and Everton will pay his wages
After that he can do what he wants.
China is favourite for 2018/19

So that's another £300k a week off the wages bill

Giants14
International Player
International Player

Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:12 pm

Zlatan gone and so is Rooney - surely we need two new strikers?
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

Dante
Referee
Referee

Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:26 pm

You're right, Zlatan was worth two strikers.

Giants14
International Player
International Player

Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:57 pm

Dante wrote:
:laugh: :laugh:

One on top of each other lol

A lot of talk in social media that we are in talks with Lukaku - maybe part of the deal with Rooney going on a free.

Is it realistic to think we could sign both Morata and Lukaku?
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:05 pm

Giants14 wrote:
Dante wrote:

One on top of each other lol

A lot of talk in social media that we are in talks with Lukaku - maybe part of the deal with Rooney going on a free.

Is it realistic to think we could sign both Morata and Lukaku?
Haha Dante.

I'll settle for one!

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”