Next Match: Image
Benfica in the Champions League.
Wednesday 18th October 2017, KO 19:45 BST.
dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Re: The Rooney Problem (solved by Koeman)

Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:20 pm

There is nothing to say. You guys will continue to hate a man and we will continue to love a United Legend

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:49 pm

Too bad ey? I'm sure a few were itching for a reason that come and dance on here - not today it turns out. Almost happened for him a couple of times. What did you make of his play today buds?
There is only one GOLDEN BOY

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee
Call Me: Daddy

Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:48 am

I thought he had a good game. Played a bit better than he had for us but that's probably down to his game time at Everton. Still showed why we showed him the door by squandering 2 good chances he would have put away in his sleep several years ago. He had his standing ovation and he had his moment. I'm glad the carpet wasn't rolled out for him ala Ronaldo. He's come back so when/if it happens again it will be old news. We can now move on from this I hope. It's done.
100% Top Red

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:16 am

Glorio wrote:
Too bad ey? I'm sure a few were itching for a reason that come and dance on here - not today it turns out. Almost happened for him a couple of times. What did you make of his play today buds?
I think he had different phases throughout the game today. He started off pretty rough at the beginning of the game when we came out flying. There was one point where we were passing it around him and he was chasing it where I almost though our players were taking the piss out of him. Then he seemed to settle and get more inline with the pace of the game, which was more due to the game slowing down. The announcers kept commenting on how Rooney was dictating the game for Everton. I thought he was involved in a few good moves, he had a couple nice layoffs but the most part it was exactly why I was not a fan or Rooney for a few years before most people picked up on how bad he is. When we got the ball we attacked with pace, quick and direct forward play with a purpose, then Everton would get the ball, start a break, Rooney would get the ball, slow down or stop and make a sideways pass and kill their momentum. And by the end of the game he was back to his pub player self, passing balls right to our players, easily dispossessed and clearly getting frustrated by these facts.

This was a massive reminder, not that anyone needed one, that we are much better off with him out of the club.
"Make America Great Again!"

HuSsAiN
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Hussain

Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:53 am

Relly wrote:
Glorio wrote:
I think he had different phases throughout the game today. He started off pretty rough at the beginning of the game when we came out flying. There was one point where we were passing it around him and he was chasing it where I almost though our players were taking the piss out of him. Then he seemed to settle and get more inline with the pace of the game, which was more due to the game slowing down. The announcers kept commenting on how Rooney was dictating the game for Everton. I thought he was involved in a few good moves, he had a couple nice layoffs but the most part it was exactly why I was not a fan or Rooney for a few years before most people picked up on how bad he is. When we got the ball we attacked with pace, quick and direct forward play with a purpose, then Everton would get the ball, start a break, Rooney would get the ball, slow down or stop and make a sideways pass and kill their momentum. And by the end of the game he was back to his pub player self, passing balls right to our players, easily dispossessed and clearly getting frustrated by these facts.

This was a massive reminder, not that anyone needed one, that we are much better off with him out of the club.
That was a problem Everton had. They didn't have any runners when he had the ball. What other option does he have other than 'slow down and keep possession' ?

He had a good game, Everton's best player but that doesn't say much, because they were very very poor. They will struggle this season by not signing another experienced striker (Llorente?). They've only scored two goals this year, and both were by Rooney. 4 home games next, let's see where their season goes.
Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny!

HuSsAiN

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:27 pm

Wasn't hoping for anything as I wanted United to win. Glad he got his ovation and he had a decent game overall. I will continue to hope he does well for Everton, just not against us :)

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:47 pm

Short Back and Sides wrote:I thought he had a good game. Played a bit better than he had for us but that's probably down to his game time at Everton. Still showed why we showed him the door by squandering 2 good chances he would have put away in his sleep several years ago. He had his standing ovation and he had his moment. I'm glad the carpet wasn't rolled out for him ala Ronaldo. He's come back so when/if it happens again it will be old news. We can now move on from this I hope. It's done.
This. Hopefully the next time he is back it won't be news anymore.

Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:49 pm

So he pleaded guilty and receive two years driving ban and 100 hours community service.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:25 pm

HuSsAiN wrote:
Relly wrote:
Glorio wrote:

That was a problem Everton had. They didn't have any runners when he had the ball. What other option does he have other than 'slow down and keep possession' ?

He had a good game, Everton's best player but that doesn't say much, because they were very very poor. They will struggle this season by not signing another experienced striker (Llorente?). They've only scored two goals this year, and both were by Rooney. 4 home games next, let's see where their season goes.
A couple things I thought would change this year, I though United fans would have to stop making excuses for Rooney's poor performances and I thought out of the United spotlight that the Media's whitewashing of how terrible Rooney really is would actually stop. Wrong on both accounts.

* His 67.2% pass completion rate was the worst of any outfield starter.
* He did not create a single chance for his teammates.
* No other player was dispossessed more often nor lost the ball with a poor touch more often.
* He made one tackle, no interceptions and two fouls.
* He did not score.

Any other player and he would have been subbed and no one would be talking about how he was anyone's best performer.
"Make America Great Again!"

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:53 pm

He should be forced to watch his last 100 hours of playing football for us.
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:44 am

Sandies wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:53 pm
He should be forced to watch his last 100 hours of playing football for us.
:laugh:

HuSsAiN
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Hussain

Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:08 pm

Relly wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:25 pm
HuSsAiN wrote:
Relly wrote:

A couple things I thought would change this year, I though United fans would have to stop making excuses for Rooney's poor performances and I thought out of the United spotlight that the Media's whitewashing of how terrible Rooney really is would actually stop. Wrong on both accounts.

* His 67.2% pass completion rate was the worst of any outfield starter.
* He did not create a single chance for his teammates.
* No other player was dispossessed more often nor lost the ball with a poor touch more often.
* He made one tackle, no interceptions and two fouls.
* He did not score.

Any other player and he would have been subbed and no one would be talking about how he was anyone's best performer.
He created both Everton's chances (first half shot wide and the left foot shot that ddg saved).

He was Everton's best player. I already said that doesn't say much because they were so poor.

:yawn:
Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny!

HuSsAiN

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”