Next Match: Image
Basel in the Champions League.
Wednesday 22nd November 2017, KO 19:45 UTC.
marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Re: The Rooney Problem (solved by Koeman)

Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:26 pm

Koeman (l) (l) (l)

As for rooney, thanks for the memories and bye.

I honestly doesn't care if he do well or not after he leave.

Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

Otis
Reserve
Reserve

Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:06 pm

Relly wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:38 pm
Dante wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:05 pm
I honestly don't get why they wanted him back, but perhaps he can re-invent himself there. Thanks for your contributions over the years Wayne. Good luck at Everton.
Re-invent himself as what, a kitman, a janitor? There is no going back to being a footballer for Rooney. Insane deal on Everton's part, has no one there watched Rooney play in the last 4 years? For a club trying to move forward they just took a massive step backwards. Although I don't expect we will see him much beyond September.

Had he left four years ago I would have had plenty of nice things to say about him, now I am just happy to never see him in a United shirt again.
You really are a mean-spirited,nasty individual aren't you.
Who are you going to spew out your hatred on now.
If you walk with Jesus,He's gonna save your soul.You gotta keep the Devil way down in the hole.
Wayne Rooney....Manchester United Legend.
Come back Ray,the board needs you.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:07 pm

Otis wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:06 pm
Relly wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:38 pm
Dante wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:05 pm
I honestly don't get why they wanted him back, but perhaps he can re-invent himself there. Thanks for your contributions over the years Wayne. Good luck at Everton.
Re-invent himself as what, a kitman, a janitor? There is no going back to being a footballer for Rooney. Insane deal on Everton's part, has no one there watched Rooney play in the last 4 years? For a club trying to move forward they just took a massive step backwards. Although I don't expect we will see him much beyond September.

Had he left four years ago I would have had plenty of nice things to say about him, now I am just happy to never see him in a United shirt again.
You really are a mean-spirited,nasty individual aren't you.
Who are you going to spew out your hatred on now.
He tried to force transfers to two of our biggest rivals. After the last one he was rewarded with the most ridiculous contract the club has ever handed out. His thanks we not holding up his end of the deal and staying in shape and contributing to the team. He has been a shadow of a player for about 4 years now, stealing a living from the club. He and his PR people undermined the club all 3 of our last and current managers by leaking stories to the press to better his position. The first 8 years of his United career he was a tremendous player, the last 4 or 5 he's been nothing but a cancer on this club.
"Make America Great Again!"

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee
Call Me: Daddy

Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:51 pm

So now it's all done and dusted we can look back on his Manchester United career. I remember when he signed for us and I was so excited. One of the world's most exciting young players had joined for what was at the time a huge fee. There was so much publicity surrounding the move, a lot of Everton fans spat their dummy. His debut was a dream start for the teenager and we then watched him grow into the Manchester United shirt. He formed what could have been a secondary holy trinity with Ronaldo and Tevez. Both left within a season of each other and Rooney was left behind. He apparently asked to leave sighting lack of transfer business lacked ambition. I don't think he was ever fully forgiven for that.
We won the lot with him playing for us but by the end of the Fergie era he had again apparently asked to leave. This one was to be his undoing as his name was rarely if ever sung again. Yes, he scored goals. He became top scorer. His performances ebbed, waxed and waned, but there was something unsettling about his presence at United post Fergie. His pace had diminished the goals had dried up, his cheeky football loving spirit seemed diminished. This wasn't the Wayne Rooney of 2006. This was the Wayne Rooney who had grown up and lost that youthful glow in his eyes. He never played the defender he would look for a pass. His first touch which was never his forte was getting worse. He lost his place under Jose mourinho despite being the captain and with good reason. He was no longer the hero, the man who we looked to when the chips were down, the youngster who would get bums off seats when he took the ball. Not even the fiery Wayne Rooney who would make you clench your fist as he charged towards the opposition player. Everything about the man had just disappeared and despite the respect for his past, he had lost the fans. Groans would ring out when he came on. The odd negative, frustrated shout from the terraces would bellow out when he misplaced another pass or miscontrolled the ball.
The time is right now and it was probably right a few years ago for him to move on. I wish him well as a person and as a footballer (Not that he will read this) but Wayne Rooney could have been mentioned alongside Cantona, Best, Law, Giggs and Charlton. But as I see it, the only place his name stands amongst those greats is the record books. He had it all at his feet when he joined and let's be honest, he did make a good fist of it, there's no doubting what he's achieved here and the hard work he inevitably has put in, but he could have been one of the greatest both in the fans hearts and on the pitch. He didn't do that.

So Wayne, thank you for the memories. Congratulations on a wonderful career at the world greatest club, but my god, you could have had it all .
100% Top Red

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:31 pm

Short Back and Sides wrote:
So now it's all done and dusted we can look back on his Manchester United career. I remember when he signed for us and I was so excited. One of the world's most exciting young players had joined for what was at the time a huge fee. There was so much publicity surrounding the move, a lot of Everton fans spat their dummy. His debut was a dream start for the teenager and we then watched him grow into the Manchester United shirt. He formed what could have been a secondary holy trinity with Ronaldo and Tevez. Both left within a season of each other and Rooney was left behind. He apparently asked to leave sighting lack of transfer business lacked ambition. I don't think he was ever fully forgiven for that.
We won the lot with him playing for us but by the end of the Fergie era he had again apparently asked to leave. This one was to be his undoing as his name was rarely if ever sung again. Yes, he scored goals. He became top scorer. His performances ebbed, waxed and waned, but there was something unsettling about his presence at United post Fergie. His pace had diminished the goals had dried up, his cheeky football loving spirit seemed diminished. This wasn't the Wayne Rooney of 2006. This was the Wayne Rooney who had grown up and lost that youthful glow in his eyes. He never played the defender he would look for a pass. His first touch which was never his forte was getting worse. He lost his place under Jose mourinho despite being the captain and with good reason. He was no longer the hero, the man who we looked to when the chips were down, the youngster who would get bums off seats when he took the ball. Not even the fiery Wayne Rooney who would make you clench your fist as he charged towards the opposition player. Everything about the man had just disappeared and despite the respect for his past, he had lost the fans. Groans would ring out when he came on. The odd negative, frustrated shout from the terraces would bellow out when he misplaced another pass or miscontrolled the ball.
The time is right now and it was probably right a few years ago for him to move on. I wish him well as a person and as a footballer (Not that he will read this) but Wayne Rooney could have been mentioned alongside Cantona, Best, Law, Giggs and Charlton. But as I see it, the only place his name stands amongst those greats is the record books. He had it all at his feet when he joined and let's be honest, he did make a good fist of it, there's no doubting what he's achieved here and the hard work he inevitably has put in, but he could have been one of the greatest both in the fans hearts and on the pitch. He didn't do that.

So Wayne, thank you for the memories. Congratulations on a wonderful career at the world greatest club, but my god, you could have had it all .

Brilliant :clap:

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:57 pm

That's a great post Steve

ivandaman
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Da-Man-Ivan

Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:23 pm

Yeah.. excellent post Steve, but at the end of the day he's just a human-being who happens to be a footballer. It's unrealistic to expect that he'd be perfect in every sense of the word.
I'd like to focus on the good memories and achievement. Yes he could've done better but he did better than most who've played for this club, and it will be a long time before his goals scoring record is broken.
You have to give it to him that he played his cards right most of the time. Pretty much always got what he wanted when he wanted it.
Even this transfer. He had the choice to go in new leagues and make huge money. Instead he went back to his hometown not disrupting his personal life much and still making huge amount close to what he'd have made in China for example.
Well played I'd say. It's a good deal for United and for Rooney himself. Whether it will benefit Everton remains to be seen but I think Koeman will be able to squeeze a bit more juice out of him.
Good Luck Wayne.
To Be A Man UNITED Supporter IS NOT A Right! .... It is a Privilege.

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:58 pm

ivandaman wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:23 pm
Yeah.. excellent post Steve, but at the end of the day he's just a human-being who happens to be a footballer. It's unrealistic to expect that he'd be perfect in every sense of the word.
I'd like to focus on the good memories and achievement. Yes he could've done better but he did better than most who've played for this club, and it will be a long time before his goals scoring record is broken.
You have to give it to him that he played his cards right most of the time. Pretty much always got what he wanted when he wanted it.
Even this transfer. He had the choice to go in new leagues and make huge money. Instead he went back to his hometown not disrupting his personal life much and still making huge amount close to what he'd have made in China for example.
Well played I'd say. It's a good deal for United and for Rooney himself. Whether it will benefit Everton remains to be seen but I think Koeman will be able to squeeze a bit more juice out of him.
Good Luck Wayne.
I really don't think there's much juice left tbh
There is only one GOLDEN BOY

Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Call Me: Del

Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:51 am

Will watch with interest how he enjoys and adapts to being a cow in Everton's field.
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;None but ourselves can free our minds.

"Eric Cantona is a great player, but he's not as good as Ryan Giggs" - Johan Cruyff

"Maybe one day people will say I was another Ryan Giggs" - George Best

Sia
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:47 am

the reaction to the news of wayne rooney leaving is disgraceful

yes he was poor for the last few years, but we should be celebrating his achievements here not celebrating him leaving

shame on you all (ben, ste, marcus, ... the whole lot of you)

*exits

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:27 am

#Siaxit

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:15 am

My Captain, My Legend, My Hero. One of the greatest players I have ever seen in a United shirt. One of the most anticipated signings and players in terms of waiting for him to play in a United shirt. What a debut, what a career, what a talent, what a goalscorer. You won every club trophy and broke records for club and country - what a privilege watching you grace a football pitch. Loved you every-time I saw you in a United shirt up until the very last time I saw you in the Europa final.

Best of luck wherever you go, would of loved you to end your career here but glad you could go back to your boy-hood club and hopefully show that you still have something left.

HuSsAiN
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Hussain

Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:07 am

What a disgraceful topic title. He deserves a better thread.. We will only appreciate it him fully when he's gone, and the time was right.. his legs doesn't have it anymore..

a club legend, and a hero.. just look at his goals on youtube, unbelievable.. there's too many to choose from. I was fortunate enough to witness them live ( bolton counter attack, west ham half way line volley and the villa turn/spin volley).. :clap: :clap:

other great goals were ;

overhead kick vs city,
boro volley fa cup,
newcastle volley
AC milan winner
Portsmouth fa cup chip
Arsenal counter attack goal

Wish him the best of luck in everton, only two goals to get to 200 premier league goals (unbelievable achievement).. He's got 101 premier league assists, only giggs has more (162). Wazza will take over lampard who's got 102 assists.

253 goals (not sure how many assists overall)

LEGEND.. will be mised :(
Last edited by HuSsAiN on Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:38 am, edited 5 times in total.
Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny!

HuSsAiN

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:09 am

Yes I think we should change the title. fornicate those who have a personal grudge against him - his talent, achievements and status at this club is a big fornicate you to all of them

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:10 am

Sia wrote:

yes he was poor for the last few years, but we should be celebrating his achievements here not celebrating him leaving

*exits
Is this a serious post?
Where am I celebrating him leaving? Can you honestly say over the last couple of years he has been anywhere near the level he was around 7 years ago?
100% Top Red

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:33 am

Is this a serious post?
Where am I celebrating him leaving? Can you honestly say over the last couple of years he has been anywhere near the level he was around 7 years ago?
Agree mate.

A shame he never really pushed on after showing so much as a teenager. I did truly believe when he broke into the England team and then had a good 2004 that he might end up being the best in the world.
Make football fabulous again!

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:08 pm

A player that could have been more but was enough to be great

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:41 pm

Martin wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:33 am
Is this a serious post?
Agree mate.

A shame he never really pushed on after showing so much as a teenager. I did truly believe when he broke into the England team and then had a good 2004 that he might end up being the best in the world.
At the Euros in 2004 he was amazing. You won't see another teenager do that.
100% Top Red

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:36 pm

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:15 pm

Sia wrote:

*exits
Get off your high horse. Rooney's relationship with the club was a business deal, those are the terms he set buy putting his bank account ahead of the club and fans on more than one occasion. Considering he hasn't held up his end of the deal for 4 years people are understandably glad that his drain on the club is over. And considering Rooney removed the personal relationship between him and the club I don't see how you can fault anyone for not feeling the love you feel.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:18 pm

dbecks07 wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:09 am
Yes I think we should change the title. fornicate those who have a personal grudge against him - his talent, achievements and status at this club is a big fornicate you to all of them
And his attitude of collecting a massive paycheck while getting fat and smoking was a big fornicate you to the other side of the fans.

Whilst I don't agree with it, I can see why some people still blindly love the guy, what I don't understand is why those people can't for a second see why a similar amount of people don't like him.

Otis
Reserve
Reserve

Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:18 pm

HuSsAiN wrote:
What a disgraceful topic title. He deserves a better thread.. We will only appreciate it him fully when he's gone, and the time was right.. his legs doesn't have it anymore..

a club legend, and a hero.. just look at his goals on youtube, unbelievable.. there's too many to choose from. I was fortunate enough to witness them live ( bolton counter attack, west ham half way line volley and the villa turn/spin volley).. :clap: :clap:

other great goals were ;

overhead kick vs city,
boro volley fa cup,
newcastle volley
AC milan winner
Portsmouth fa cup chip

Wish him the best of luck in everton, only two goals to get to 200 premier league goals (unbelievable achievement).. He's got 101 premier league assists, only giggs has more (162). Wazza will take over lampard who's got 102 assists.

Great post Hussain (and dbecks07)
We all know about Wayne's gradual decline in the last 3/4 years but that is no reason whatsoever for the terrible abuse and contempt that some on here have for him.

He may not be remembered with the same reverence as Law,Charlton,Best,Cantona,Beckham,Scholes and Giggs but he won more honours than most and scored more goals than all of them.
Regarding assists,I read somewhere recently that he was one of only four players in the Premiership to be credited with over a hundred assists and the only forward to be so credited.That will mean nothing to his haters of course.

So good luck Wayne,thanks for the memories and stick it up every team except us of course. (l) :clap:
If you walk with Jesus,He's gonna save your soul.You gotta keep the Devil way down in the hole.
Wayne Rooney....Manchester United Legend.
Come back Ray,the board needs you.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:09 pm

Otis wrote:
HuSsAiN wrote:

other great goals were ;

overhead kick vs city,
boro volley fa cup,
newcastle volley
AC milan winner
Portsmouth fa cup chip

We all know about Wayne's gradual decline in the last 3/4 years but that is no reason whatsoever for the terrible abuse and contempt that some on here have for him.

He may not be remembered with the same reverence as Law,Charlton,Best,Cantona,Beckham,Scholes and Giggs but he won more honours than most and scored more goals than all of them.
Regarding assists,I read somewhere recently that he was one of only four players in the Premiership to be credited with over a hundred assists and the only forward to be so credited.That will mean nothing to his haters of course.

So good luck Wayne,thanks for the memories and stick it up every team except us of course. (l) :clap:
What about trying to transfer to our rivals? or multiple times taking advantage of the club when they were in vulnerable positions to better his paycheck? does that warrant the abuse? Or what about coming back every single preseason overweight and out of shape? Does that warrant the abuse?

How can you think that, conservatively, half of United fans are wrong about Rooney? I know I am quite vocal about him, but some of our most respected members on this board feel the same way, they just don't vocalize it. And that goes for fans everywhere. You read the comments of any article on any website about Rooney and the majority are United fans criticizing him. Go on any United fanpage, board, facebook group and it's the same thing.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:58 am

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:12 pm

Otis wrote:
HuSsAiN wrote:

other great goals were ;

overhead kick vs city,
boro volley fa cup,
newcastle volley
AC milan winner
Portsmouth fa cup chip

There's one word to describe what I felt, betrayal. That is all I will say.

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”